Soft and gentle

Silently the soul inspire,
To kindle at thy lover’s fire...
And like this downy swelling breast,
They rise, and languish to be pressed...
~William Pattison, “The Enjoyment,” 1728

Spooning is my middle name ;-)

Silently the soul inspire,
To kindle at thy lover’s fire...
And like this downy swelling breast,
They rise, and languish to be pressed...
~William Pattison, “The Enjoyment,” 1728

Spooning is my middle name ;-)

Big smile

It is by comforting that one is comforted....it is by giving that one receives.....love deeper....speak sweeter...and strive to become the friend, a friend would like to have....lets chat ;-)

I keep finding men who want the same connection as I do. We get close. They tell me they want to be there for me...no....they tell me they WILL be there for me. And that there’s nothing I can say or do to change that. And then just at the moment when I start to trust them? I get messages like this:

“I've been thinking about our conversations. As much as I would like to get to know you better and be there for you, I really don't think I'm up for it. It's been difficult to say the right thing and I just don't think it's going to turn out for the best. Good luck in your search for the connection you seek.”l

Then the next man comes along. And he tries. But I am hurt and closed off. So it’s hard on him. And I tell him he should find someone else more able to fall quickly. He insists on staying and trying and proving he’s worthy of my trust.

And so I trust. I open up. My heart lets him in. And the moment I do that?

He crushes it.

And then I toughen up, pull up my defences and I build walls to protect myself.

And the next one comes along. And it happens again.

Is that going to be you?

I hope you find what you seek but online, specifically here, I fear you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hope you get there 😊

I hope you find what you seek but online, specifically here, I fear you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hope you get there 😊

Funny. Because I keep finding it.

I’m disappointed in you, frankly.

Have a nice day. :)

You keep finding it, but have been subsequently disappointed.

Despite your disappointment in me, I still wish you well.

Like you, Starlightangel, I have found many that have amounted to nothing. Don't give up! I am still searching. We can chat and see what happens. If you don't mind an older man.

I keep finding men who want the same connection as I do. We get close. They tell me they want to be there for me...no....they tell me they WILL be there for me. And that there’s nothing I can say or do to change that. And then just at the moment when I start to trust them? I get messages like this:

“I've been thinking about our conversations. As much as I would like to get to know you better and be there for you, I really don't think I'm up for it. It's been difficult to say the right thing and I just don't think it's going to turn out for the best. Good luck in your search for the connection you seek.”l

Then the next man comes along. And he tries. But I am hurt and closed off. So it’s hard on him. And I tell him he should find someone else more able to fall quickly. He insists on staying and trying and proving he’s worthy of my trust.

And so I trust. I open up. My heart lets him in. And the moment I do that?

He crushes it.

And then I toughen up, pull up my defences and I build walls to protect myself.

And the next one comes along. And it happens again.

Is that going to be you?

Perhaps you are trying too hard to make things happen? Sometimes when you're not really looking is when they fall into your life!! If it is meant to be...it will happen!

Back