Beer club

DUZuJlVUQAAw8KB.jpg

I had 2 Yee-Haw Kolschs after the trivia fest last night...1 and 1/2 actually. Too much spaghetti.

I'm aging some currently. Mostly Bourbon county stuff though. And Dogfish worldwide
I got a magnum of Anchor's Christmas beer (Our Special Ale) from 2016. I'll open that next Christmas. Two years is the most for that. I have Tweak from Avery. World Wide Stout. I'd like to find a nice Belgian to Cellar. Could you cellar a Baltic Porter? They can have a pretty high ABV.

I mostly dig Tampa beers but I am very partial for certain reasons.
Pretty excited for this years Tampa Bay Beer Week and Hunahpu's Day which is about a month away.

Been enjoying the new BrewHub Rome City IPA which is an American IPA with tropical fruit notes; and a pronounced citrus juiciness at about 70 IPUs

Last edited by a moderator:
The London Beer Flood

On October 17, 1814

15-ft. wave of beer ran rampant through the streets of London.

610,000 liters of beer flooded out of the Meux and company brewery in a 15-foot high wave of porter. The wave roared through the streets of Tottenham Court Road, flooding cellars and dragging debris, leaving a path of foamy destruction in its wake. The flood was caused by a ruptured vat which created a deadly domino effect that tipped the other vats into spilling their contents and creating a beer wave of death.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/site-london-beer-flood

I have never made an IPA but want to try. However I'm a novice having only made from premade wort and such. Makes me nervous to try from scratch.

No more difficult than any other beer. And do not stress. It is only beer(wet bread). Use extract if that is what you like.

Asked for a Pliny the Elder yesterday as it was on the menu. Sadly they had run out.

Also. I pronounced it Pliny. The guy behind the bar pronounced it PlinEy.

Back