The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Earth Day Contest Support Thread

Congrats to LC for the big win!

Manu and I would like to thank all the authors who submitted during this special contest! We've tallied the reader's votes, and are happy to announce the winners of our 2014 Earth Day Story Contest.

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
That's What Friends Are For / lovecraft68

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
And Then There Were Two / fgmntfmgnshn

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
A River Runs in Vermont / bgmisfun

The 2014 Special Contest schedule, with full rules and dates, is here. The next special contest is National Nude Day.

Congratulations to all winners, and big thanks to all participants - readers and writers alike! :heart:

Congrats to all!

Now a little down time before Nude Day, but a chance to work on FAWC 4.

A worthy set of winners in a strong field of contenders. Congratulations.

happy2.gif

Congrats to the winners and especially to LC on First Place.

Oh, and LC? That foam finger is supposed to be holding up the index finger, man. Put that thing away before the kids see it. :D

Seriously, a hearty congratulations to you.

But, since I also happen to know that you are participating in the LAST EVER Survivor competition, I fully expect to see a National Nude Day story from you listed as well... :devil:

Congrats to LC and all of the winners! And kudos to all who took the time to take part in and vote on the contest.

Congrats to the winners, and I hope this puts an end to the whining about Laurel fixing the results.

I'm pleased with my finish. Both stories went to 4.60, with one gaining .28 in the sweep and the other .08 (from yesterday).

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

The 65th highest rated EC story for the month wins a LITEROTICA Contest?

A story with less than a 100 votes.

For some reason the good QUEEN seems to lose it every year when the EARTH DAY contest rolls around.

Person (ALT?) joined the site just this year and already has over 40 "favorite authors"?

She/He/Alt must have been doing a lot of reading to accumulate that many favorites even while pumping out contest entries... :rolleyes:

65. A River Runs in Vermont

Earth Day has a new meaning for a biology professor.
by bgmisfun (04/13/14) 4.33 (98)​

Congrats to the winners for their big wins.

My score went up a few points after the final sweep.

I look forward to the next contest. :)

Congrats to the winners...and to everyone else that made it a contest, too.

(pssst...hey LC...since you got the big bucks now, you buying the forum a round?)

Congrats to the winners...and to everyone else that made it a contest, too.

(pssst...hey LC...since you got the big bucks now, you buying the forum a round?)

Hey, sure why not?

A round of virtual shots for everyone except the bitter old guy from VA. (or wherever he really lives)

Congrats to the winners and especially to LC on First Place.

Oh, and LC? That foam finger is supposed to be holding up the index finger, man. Put that thing away before the kids see it. :D

Seriously, a hearty congratulations to you.

But, since I also happen to know that you are participating in the LAST EVER Survivor competition, I fully expect to see a National Nude Day story from you listed as well... :devil:

Sigh, you won't let me have any fun will you? :rolleyes:

Nude day? I'm lucky I survived the tag team competition and that was my idea.

A separate thank you-and a big one- to Ladyver for her editing on "That's What Friends are For"

It's the second contest winner she has been nice enough to edit for me. Wouldn't have gotten a W on either without her help.

One more thank you.

A thank you to this wonderful member of the forum

by Anonymous04/21/14
How.Why?

This is just a second rate stroker. How you won a contest is a mystery to me.

Haters be hatin':D

One more thank you.

by Anonymous04/21/14
How.Why?

At least you now know that he consider it to be a stroker... ;)

One more thank you.

by Anonymous04/21/14
How.Why?

Sour grapes make for terrible wine...whiner, really. I thought it was a good story, deserving of that W.

Sour grapes make for terrible wine...whiner, really. I thought it was a good story, deserving of that W.

Thanks.

Problem is the trolls have not seemed to be able to figure out(in the four years I have been writing here) that all they do is make me laugh. IN a case like this you hit it dead on blatant sour grapes so I'm not the one looking bad here.

Congratulations

...to all the winners. I enjoyed the winning stories, and many more in the contest!

And. I'll enjoy that virtual drink coming our way from LC.

Back