The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, there are time when my ignorance of food and cooking can be of considerable advantage.
I'm a simple man; if it cooks in a microwave - fine.
If it can be fried (or maybe grilled) - fine
If it goes in the oven, I need to take a run at it.
If there are foreign words ('pasta' comes to mind), I'd rather have it all in English (took me ages to get 'Pizza').
I don't do vegetables (fruit - lots).
and lastly:
If it takes much washing up - the answer is probably NO.

Research in Berkeley says that you should do that more often. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8524549.stm

And I'm doing broiled chicken Asada style with pasa al pesto and some chard with toasted almonds.

Maybe, but moms rarely have time to nap. I sent everyone off to bed today. I have time because I have the princess working hard labor for 30 days. :D I suddenly have been freed from many little household tasks.

Maybe, but moms rarely have time to nap. I sent everyone off to bed today. I have time because I have the princess working hard labor for 30 days. :D I suddenly have been freed from many little household tasks.
Naps are a wonderful thing and I'm glad you enjoyed yours :kiss:

sign me up for a nap
I think we have the flu here... :(

So now you know the secret to being able to take naps, no?

sign me up for a nap

Poor baby ...

Let me make you some chicken soup
BasilSoupV2.jpg

Well hurry up and get over it! You have less than a month before Chicago, yanno.

pretty sure i have time... ;)

Poor baby ...

Let me make you some chicken soup
BasilSoupV2.jpg

sounds good. having trouble eating anything at the moment. had half a cup of cambell and a handful of saltines. even that bothered my stomach. but the ginger ale helps. i swear, stock in canada dry must have gone up 50 points this year.

sign me up for a nap

Lumpy and the squirt have it too. Doesn't excuse them from their chores, though. I know. I'm a mean mom.

So now you know the secret to being able to take naps, no?

Well, before what will now be known as the "criminal incident", getting her to do anything took 2 hours of fighting and screaming, an hour of timeout in her room and more fighting. Now, it's smooth as glass. She hops to when I snap. I'm thinking the whole business was a blessing. :D

pretty sure i have time... ;)

sounds good. having trouble eating anything at the moment. had half a cup of cambell and a handful of saltines. even that bothered my stomach. but the ginger ale helps. i swear, stock in canada dry must have gone up 50 points this year.

Campbells is so bad for you. Yuck. Next time try low-salt canned broth and egg noodles. Sits better on the belly, tastes better and is better for you.

Hard labor for 30 days! :eek: Damn that's gotta be some impressively egregious activities for one that young.

Hey! What is this? The Food Channel? WebMD? Where's the party...the laughter...the gaiety...the booze...the music...the maidens...the servile elves?

I musta made a wrong toin at Albakoiky. :D

Lumpy and the squirt have it too. Doesn't excuse them from their chores, though. I know. I'm a mean mom.

Well, before what will now be known as the "criminal incident", getting her to do anything took 2 hours of fighting and screaming, an hour of timeout in her room and more fighting. Now, it's smooth as glass. She hops to when I snap. I'm thinking the whole business was a blessing. :D

Campbells is so bad for you. Yuck. Next time try low-salt canned broth and egg noodles. Sits better on the belly, tastes better and is better for you.

:eek:grew up on cambells...
okay so i looked back at the tread to see what youre talking about, but i find nothing on the "criminal incident"... did i miss something?:confused:

on a side note i would love to know what it i that makes moms such good pillows. and why i always end up having to pee when she decides she wants to sit on me. do i look lik a chair? :rolleyes:

Hey! What is this? The Food Channel? WebMD? Where's the party...the laughter...the gaiety...the booze...the music...the maidens...the servile elves?

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
i gave the elves the flu. theyre all in bed.:p

Hard labor for 30 days! :eek: Damn that's gotta be some impressively egregious activities for one that young.

It's not so bad, per se, but I'll be damned if she's going down that road she was on. I will not stand for dishonesty. She understands that now.

We were waiting for your fine self to arrive.

okay so i looked back at the tread to see what youre talking about, but i find nothing on the "criminal incident"... did i miss something?:confused:

on a side note i would love to know what it i that makes moms such good pillows. and why i always end up having to pee when she decides she wants to sit on me. do i look lik a chair? :rolleyes:

My daughter had her first naughty incident at school. :rolleyes:

Mom's are the great comfort provider. Bask in it while you can.

As Molly said,we are the ultimate comfort. Our youngest just had her first and she still wanted to snuggle with me after her surgery.

Just means you are doing something right.

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
i gave the elves the flu. theyre all in bed.:p

Not with each other I hope...I've been wondering about those two...not that htere's anything wrong with that. :D

We were waiting for your fine self to arrive.

Well, here I is...er, am. The pretty women are here, that's cool...not all, but most of them...a few at least...I think I'll draw myself an ale and enjoy the view. ;)

Not with each other I hope...I've been wondering about those two...not that htere's anything wrong with that. :D

Well, here I is...er, am. The pretty women are here, that's cool...not all, but most of them...a few at least...I think I'll draw myself an ale and enjoy the view. ;)

And here I sit cold then warm then cold. Might have to make some hot tea with whiskey and lemon before bed.

It's not so bad, per se, but I'll be damned if she's going down that road she was on. I will not stand for dishonesty. She understands that now.

And the fact that she's doing her hard labor without any fighting or whining indicates that she realizes that what she did was wrong -- and in achieving that, you've already largely won the battle. :kiss:

And the fact that she's doing her hard labor without any fighting or whining indicates that she realizes that what she did was wrong -- and in achieving that, you've already largely won the battle. :kiss:

I see it lasting about a week. She's a kid and they have short attention spans. Even if she knows it was wrong, it will only go so far.

Good evening, Naked People. Happy Sunday.

I'm just going through to the baths to soak these weary bones. I resolve to clean house more often....:rolleyes:

Yep, she's got her toe on the line right now. The teacher, who thought she needed meds :rolleyes: (they think it's the stupid fucking answer to everything) is absolutely astounded. What she really needed was a swift kick in the pants.

I see it lasting about a week. She's a kid and they have short attention spans. Even if she knows it was wrong, it will only go so far.

Tomorrow will be a week and so far she's taking this very seriously. She whines, I put a broom in her hand. She yells, she cleans the litter box. She cries and she's doing laundry until bed time. All homework is now done at the kitchen table and the child is not allowed any freedom at all. She's allowed out to only walk the dog within certain set parameters and no electronics, TV or phone calls--although she earned her DVD player back for a couple of hours this weekend for good behavior. (she has the flu and I wanted her to lie quietly on her bed.)

It finally sank in about mid-week how badly she had screwed herself when she declared, "this sucks!" and stomped off to her room. That earned her an early bedtime and her father tried to intervene. He got sent to his room, too. :D

Mama ain't takin' this shit anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back