Why are Conservatives so obsessed with race?

Given that Science holds that there is only one race, homo sapiens, what it boils down to is that not everybody likes everybody else and the best outcome is to live and let live by NOT forcing people together that don't like each other.

In my case it's easy. I don't care for a single son of a bitch on this planet so I moved off to the woods......and through the miracle of the internet I get to keep pushing stupid kids down on the playground

In my case it's easy. I don't care for a single son of a bitch on this planet so I moved off to the woods......and through the miracle of the internet I get to keep pushing stupid kids down on the playground

Yeah, all the decent intelligent individuals here already had you figured for a right wing, misanthropic, sociopathic MAGAt.

Thanks for confirming.

👍

👉 wizz 🤣

🇺🇸

Given that Science holds that there is only one race, homo sapiens, what it boils down to is that not everybody likes everybody else and the best outcome is to live and let live by NOT forcing people together that don't like each other.
Interesting idea, but currently illegal under civil rights law.

"Oops! We ran into some problems...You do not have permission to view this page."

bqmtoBB.gif

There is one human species. This has multiple races, which are genetically distinct subdivisions like cultivars, landraces, subspecies, etc. We can distinguish these from DNA.

There is one human species. This has multiple races, which are genetically distinct subdivisions like cultivars, landraces, subspecies, etc. We can distinguish these from DNA.

But race is a social construct. Nothing to do with DNA.

But race is a social construct. Nothing to do with DNA.
No, not at all. You can ascertain race from DNA. In fact, Parabon Nanolabs and related companies made history doing just that, although it is obvious that traits which can be passed on via reproduction are genetic.

You can ascertain race from DNA. In fact, Parabon Nanolabs and related companies made history doing just that

Wrong. You obviously don't understand "race".

Luckily for you, there's plenty of scientific and sociological research out there to set you straight. Happy reading! 😘

Thank you.

For your reading pleasure, per the author of the article you posted: "[Nicholas Wade's] 2014 book A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History was widely denounced by the scientific community for misrepresenting research into human population genetics."

Further, he's one of the top purveyors of the COVID lab-leak conspiracy theory.

Spectacular fail, Deplorable. Thanks for playing! 😘

(Sources & links to this analysis are available here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Wade)

Within-population differences among individuals account for 93 to 95% of genetic variation; differences among major groups constitute only 3 to 5%. Nevertheless, without using prior information about the origins of individuals, we identified six main genetic clusters, five of which correspond to major geographic regions, and subclusters that often correspond to individual populations.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12493913/

Subjects identified themselves as belonging to one of four major racial/ethnic groups (white, African American, East Asian, and Hispanic) and were recruited from 15 different geographic locales within the United States and Taiwan. Genetic cluster analysis of the microsatellite markers produced four major clusters, which showed near-perfect correspondence with the four self-reported race/ethnicity categories. Of 3,636 subjects of varying race/ethnicity, only 5 (0.14%) showed genetic cluster membership different from their self-identified race/ethnicity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1196372/

Large-scale multi-ethnic cohorts offer unprecedented opportunities to elucidate the genetic factors influencing complex traits related to health and disease among minority populations. At the same time, the genetic diversity in these cohorts presents new challenges for analysis and interpretation. We consider the utility of race and/or ethnicity categories in genome-wide association studies (GWASs) of multi-ethnic cohorts. We demonstrate that race/ethnicity information enhances the ability to understand population-specific genetic architecture.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31564439/

Back