Where to put non-consensual voyeurism?

AchtungNight

Lech Master
I'm writing a story featuring forced voyeurism as sexual harassment. Would this go in Exhib/Voy or Non-Consent Reluc? If you don't think Lit would accept it, please also let me know.

The story is called "Bad Roommate" and features a rude college skank FMC who tries to get into a threesome with two guys. One guy is happy to get with her, the other isn't but he's not leaving the room either. He prefers to try and sleep while the FMC and the other guy get it on in the room's other bed. He has to masturbate to settle his change in mood. The next day, he requests the RA give him a new roommate.

I'm writing a story featuring forced voyeurism as sexual harassment. Would this go in Exhib/Voy or Non-Consent Reluc? If you don't think Lit would accept it, please also let me know.

There is a great guide out there for categories, and Non-con is 100% a trump category. Meaning, if it is non-con in any way you best put it there less there is serious backlash.

If he's "not leaving the room either," how is he "forced" to do anything?

He's there voluntarily, and could just as easily close his eyes. Surely it's just Voyeurism? The rest makes him sound like a wuss. How is that non-con?

How is this nonconsent? He stays in his room and masturbates while his roommate has sex with the woman? How is this a nonconsensual encounter? This appears to be voyeurism, if the focus is on the masturbating roommate, or exhibitionism, if the focus is on the woman having sex in the same room as the roommate, IF that's the focus of the eroticism of the story.

Most voyeurism is in a sense nonconsensual. If I spy on a woman through a window across the way getting undressed, and she doesn't know about or consent to my spying on her, that's voyeurism, not nonconsent.

I sometimes think people here get so wrapped up in the "legalism" of the categories and the stories that they completely forget that what matters is what readers are looking for. This sounds like a voyeurism story, not a nonconsent story.

I think he is viewing NONCON sex!
If he's "not leaving the room either," how is he "forced" to do anything?

He's there voluntarily, and could just as easily close his eyes. Surely it's just Voyeurism? The rest makes him sound like a wuss. How is that non-con?

It's not forced voyeurism, it's exhibitionism. ( Which is the dominant readership in the category )

Forced voyeurism would be tying the guy to a chair or locking him in the room and actually forcing him to watch. That's non-con.

I write in Exhibitionist/Voyeur A LOT, and that sounds very much like E/V to me...

Let me see if I have this straight. Subject A is forcing himself on a woman, subject B is passively watching the abuse, and subject C is getting dicked against her will to please the two of them? Or is it that Subject A restrained Subject B, forcing him to watch as he forces C to satisfy him? Or could it be subject C has tied her husband and is making subject B (husband) watch subject A (bull) fuck her?

This comes from Confused and Concerned in OKC.

There are no restraints involved. Setting is a college dorm room. FMC is introduced to MMC A by MMC B, who already has a consensual sexual relationship with her. MMC A does not know her prior to the story and finds her repulsive at first meeting. FMC offers to have a threesome with both MMCs, MMC A says no because he doesn’t like either of them. He is also aware MMC B is being unfaithful to his nice girlfriend with the FMC. So he decides to pointedly ignore FMC and MMC B getting it on in the room beside him and see if they are motivated to take their ensuing coitus elsewhere. They don’t, only darken the room. He can’t help but hear the noise of their coupling and tries to sleep to block it out. His body gets aroused, though, and he has to masturbate to climax to fall asleep.

This is based on a disturbing real life experience by the way.

The next day, MMC A arranges to switch rooms and also outs the cheating to MMC B’s nicer girlfriend. This story may be the closest I get thus far to a BTB story. He gets a new nicer roommate in the end scene.

E/V

The POV character, as you've described it, isn't being "forced" to do anything. He can close his eyes. He can put on his headphones. He can roll over and look at the wall. He could get up and go out and sleep on the couch.

E/V

The POV character, as you've described it, isn't being "forced" to do anything. He can close his eyes. He can put on his headphones. He can roll over and look at the wall. He could get up and go out and sleep on the couch.
I think I will have him go out and sleep on the dorm communal couch as he gets increasingly uncomfortable with temptation. But this still falls close to a hostile environment. That may bring in the nonconsensual issue.

I think I will have him go out and sleep on the dorm communal couch as he gets increasingly uncomfortable with temptation. But this still falls close to a hostile environment. That may bring in the nonconsensual issue.
It's just my opinion of course, but I think it's a tough sell as non-consent, absent some overt action to "force" him to watch/listen. Hostile environment, perhaps, if the character is a prude, but even that is a stretch. It might work once you have the story written, but just on the description here so far, it's a tough sell.

Not quite what my dorm roommate did to me, but almost. Classic scenario of returning to the room and finding him with his girlfriend in flagrante in his bed. I had studying to do, but the library was closed for the evening. I gathered up what I needed and took it down to the dorm lounge.

If he/they intended me to see it, it was exhibitionism, plain and simple. Exhibition most of the time implies a lack of consent from the exhibitee. If I had hung around, it would be voyeurism. If she was my girlfriend and I was compelled to watch, it would be cuckolding. If I was watching and they both got out of bed naked, stripped me, and tied me to my chair that would be... kinky and fun... but that's the "me" 50 years later.

But I digress.

If I'm reading it right this is...

Guy A and Gal - "Fancy a threesome."
Guy B - "Nope, just going to go to sleep."
Guy A and Gal - "Mind if we fuck in the same room?"
Guy B - "Yes, I do."
Guy A and Gal - "Well tough 'nana's. We're doing it anyway. You'll have to leave and sleep somewhere else."
Guy B - "Not gonna."
Guy A and Gal - Chikka-chikka boom boom.
Guy B - "What'dya know, I'm hard. Better take care of that."

If that's about the size of it, it's nowhere near non-con (IMHO). Voyeur makes sense, maybe even Group.

I will post in E/V with warnings about the cheating and reluctant voyeurism. Thx everyone for their responses. The MMC who masturbates to the situation is ashamed of his actions afterwards, which is part of the reason he outs the cheating. Hopefully that will keep any trolls from tagging my story too hard. I already lock out ratings on everything I post here due to the overly arbitrary scores. I honestly care about writing to my satisfaction over anyone else’s. The MMC is not a prude, but he does feel shame and sympathy for the girl who is cheated on in the story. I plan to make the FMC skank her roommate for extra spice.

So which roommate is supposed to be the bad one? The one who passively-aggressively refuses to give the couple privacy doesn't seem much more empathetic than the cheater. :LOL:
Edit: I see you selected E/V while I was typing this, and agree. It might count as reluctance, but I don't see anything non-con about it.

Note to my fans- this story is now called “Bad Connections” and will fully depict several relationships from my most frequent MMC’s college days. Two of the three sex scenes involve E/V, so category stays the same. The other two sex scenes should make MMC A a more sympathetic character (fingers crossed) since they illustrate he’s got to learn a lot about college life). Hoping to release by mid January.

It's consensual. He was invited and chose not to participate and stayed, and then ended up masturbating to the action going on in the room. The moment he did that, he consented. He could have left easily and found somewhere to crash for the night.

Back