Wat's Guns-N-Stuff Thread

I have the 300 for over 600 yards. I'm thinking something in the 300-600 range. Guessing by the lay of the land over there.

Today's Quiz: guess which ones are armed and work for the gummint and which ones are un/disarmed and are fixin' to take a bullet in the back?

180606-babi-yar-mc-1117.JPG

I have the 300 for over 600 yards. I'm thinking something in the 300-600 range. Guessing by the lay of the land over there.
Then from 25 to 7mm. The .280 is a fine cartridge, all of the virtues of being a 7mm without the vices of the 7mm Mag.

That one did always seem like a sensible round.

I managed to find my old Sierra loading book. Maybe I'll peruse it and see what jumps off the page at me.

Not like I'm in any hurry, mind you. Besides, I still have to find a rifle butcher Out West,

That one did always seem like a sensible round.

I managed to find my old Sierra loading book. Maybe I'll peruse it and see what jumps off the page at me.

Not like I'm in any hurry, mind you. Besides, I still have to find a rifle butcher Out West,
You may want to think about updating your manuals. The same thing is going on in the 7mm class as the rest. Great big, long, high BC bullets requiring faster twists.

You may want to think about updating your manuals. The same thing is going on in the 7mm class as the rest. Great big, long, high BC bullets requiring faster twists.

Oh, for sure. I'm looking for available calibers, not load data. I know that thing is ancient, but it does have a good recipe for the ol' service rifle. It may have an M1 load, IIRC.

Words to live by around here:

When arguing with a stupid person, be sure that he or she isn't doing the same thing.

~ anon.

You should be OK then. Most of the new cartridges are based on the shorter case lengths.

That reminds me, I have some reloading supplies to replenish.

Note who is armed and who is disarmed, and some of the ugly results. In this case, this is what Overthrown Fascism looks like:

Ez0zy-XVoAM4F75.png

You should be OK then. Most of the new cartridges are based on the shorter case lengths.

That reminds me, I have some reloading supplies to replenish.

I'm thinking that the aught six should be happier in a longer action. That's what those things were built to eat.

And it would eliminate goofiness from using a shorter cartridge in a long action. We said something about that just the other post, methinks.

ccf0376a435bb7ecb11aaf19757fd2d4.jpg

Doncha just lurve the poasters who announce "I'm done with this" and then have yet another asinine comment shortly later? Like someone besides them gives a motherfuck???

d4ceb10675e047eb86177e2ef562d5aa.jpg

Below is the video of the M24 system. On a couple of occasions he short stroked the bolt causing a failure to feed. What is happening is the empty case is ejecting early in the bolt cycle causing the shooter to think they've completely cycled the bolt when they haven't. So it's actually a shooter issue but one that's easy to make and understand.

M24 SWS

Makes sense. I always felt for the back of the action and didn't/don't look at the brass.

tumblr_lskrwyAMFI1qzo84co1_500.jpg

Mercifully, meanings evolve over time . . . .

436345140_10161678916712272_6635041657270358005_n.jpg

That’s cute but it’s probably just fiction.

Is there any other source for that besides this plaque? I’ve seen older sources cited in the Canterbury Tales and references to the Hindu goddess Kunti. I like how Aussies use it so commonly as a term like “Mate”, but I’m pretty sure this plaque is just wishful thinking. No?

Fair enough. 🤣

I guess your facts are what you make of them. 😉
Hey. AB. How are you? Hope all is well with you and your family. Imagine a person posting things all. the. damn. time. But never being able to expound on their meaning or worth. Then “who cares” would be an apt description of them in total.

Have you seen his meanderings outside this thread? Exactly. A who-knows-a-whatever-shouldn’t-give-a-care.

Wat is weak. Wat is a pussy. True, it started as a stated opinion, but it’s become a proven fact.

Back