Wat's Guns-N-Stuff Thread

I may have forgotten to mention. Checked in on the M14 stocks last night and those are some damned fine lookin' pieces of walnut. I like how my finished have a bit more transparency about them. The military finishes are opaque. Anyway, they look good.

Santa? Yes, you and not Satan. Bring me a M1A in 6.5 Creedmoor, please. I'll take care of the pony my own self.

I do. I got a 4-pack. The colors of the blocks were quite varied.
I have another finish for you to try if you want. 1 coat of thinned out shellac, a light sanding with 400, second coat of thinned shellac, then a good coating of Tru-Oil.

I'm out of "victims." I may look for an E-stock at some point, but not this week.

In other news, I found this. It's a touch dated, but I'm right there on his choices:

https://townhall.com/columnists/mik...-essential-firearms-for-civil-unrest-n2556087

Three Essential Firearms for Civil Unrest​

Springfield Armory M1A .308. Many readers have been contacting me throughout this series to ask when I will recommend some sort of an “assault rifle.” I put scare quotes around “assault rifle” the same way a “progressive” puts scare quotes around religious liberty. There is no such thing as an “assault rifle.” Any rifle can be used to assault someone. And leftists cannot differentiate between an “assault rifle” and a normal one. So let us stop legitimizing their terminology.

In addition to those who are recommending “assault rifles,” many are urging me to recommend the AR-15. I am sorry but I do not own one. The closest thing I own to one is a Ruger mini-14. But I will not be recommending that firearm. It is the least accurate rifle I own by a long shot (pardon the pun).

Instead, if visited upon by a violent mob, my semi-auto rifle of choice is Springfield’s civilian version of the M14. It can be fed with a 10 or 20-round magazine. I prefer 10-round magazines. This keeps the weapon light and maneuverable. Plus, it is all I need. I also prefer the 18-inch compensated barrel version of this rifle rather than the 16-inch version. It is loud and it kicks. Be forewarned: This is a man’s weapon.

Benelli M4 Tactical 12 gauge semi-auto. Please do not assume that I am going to go for the M1A first in a crisis situation. I am likely to reach for a semi-automatic 12-gauge tactical shotgun in order to create my own little safe space. If I do, it won’t be a Mossberg 930. I am sparing no expense and instead going for the more reliable Benelli M4. I cannot say enough good things about this shotgun. If you ever shoot one, you will understand why the price tag is so high. It is worth every penny.

Glock Model 20 10mm. Many readers were expecting that this slot would be filled by the Browning hi-power chambered in .40 caliber. Indeed, that would have been an excellent choice. However, that weapon is no longer in production. So I am defaulting to a favorite of mine. It has enough power to drop a black bear. It can even be used to hunt wild hog. Indeed, its knockdown power is similar to that of the .41 mag revolver. Best of all, it has a 15-round magazine capacity and is offered in a compensated barrel version, which helps to manage recoil. Some will say that this selection, like my first one, is overkill. But you won’t see me taking any chances if I have to reach for any of these weapons.

56d6d6da10fc218a7701f01c4c9ab452.jpg

Totally unrelated and off topic, but just posted this on a lib thread just to tweak them. It's hysterical.

I'm out of "victims." I may look for an E-stock at some point, but not this week.

In other news, I found this. It's a touch dated, but I'm right there on his choices:

https://townhall.com/columnists/mik...-essential-firearms-for-civil-unrest-n2556087

Three Essential Firearms for Civil Unrest​

Springfield Armory M1A .308. Many readers have been contacting me throughout this series to ask when I will recommend some sort of an “assault rifle.” I put scare quotes around “assault rifle” the same way a “progressive” puts scare quotes around religious liberty. There is no such thing as an “assault rifle.” Any rifle can be used to assault someone. And leftists cannot differentiate between an “assault rifle” and a normal one. So let us stop legitimizing their terminology.

In addition to those who are recommending “assault rifles,” many are urging me to recommend the AR-15. I am sorry but I do not own one. The closest thing I own to one is a Ruger mini-14. But I will not be recommending that firearm. It is the least accurate rifle I own by a long shot (pardon the pun).

Instead, if visited upon by a violent mob, my semi-auto rifle of choice is Springfield’s civilian version of the M14. It can be fed with a 10 or 20-round magazine. I prefer 10-round magazines. This keeps the weapon light and maneuverable. Plus, it is all I need. I also prefer the 18-inch compensated barrel version of this rifle rather than the 16-inch version. It is loud and it kicks. Be forewarned: This is a man’s weapon.

Benelli M4 Tactical 12 gauge semi-auto. Please do not assume that I am going to go for the M1A first in a crisis situation. I am likely to reach for a semi-automatic 12-gauge tactical shotgun in order to create my own little safe space. If I do, it won’t be a Mossberg 930. I am sparing no expense and instead going for the more reliable Benelli M4. I cannot say enough good things about this shotgun. If you ever shoot one, you will understand why the price tag is so high. It is worth every penny.

Glock Model 20 10mm. Many readers were expecting that this slot would be filled by the Browning hi-power chambered in .40 caliber. Indeed, that would have been an excellent choice. However, that weapon is no longer in production. So I am defaulting to a favorite of mine. It has enough power to drop a black bear. It can even be used to hunt wild hog. Indeed, its knockdown power is similar to that of the .41 mag revolver. Best of all, it has a 15-round magazine capacity and is offered in a compensated barrel version, which helps to manage recoil. Some will say that this selection, like my first one, is overkill. But you won’t see me taking any chances if I have to reach for any of these weapons.
To each their own. I appreciate his opinion even if I do disagree.

As much as I would like to go with the AR-15, it's family friendly, the wife and kids can handle it, I understand where the author is coming from. A rifle that can reach out with authority. Sooooo, I'd go with the Steyr DMR AR-10. Obviously it's the AR-10 platform but its a short stroke piston as opposed to the direct impingement design.

As far as the shotgun goes it should come as no surprise that I'm going with the Rem. 870. I've seen far too many auto-loaders crap out in competition so I stick with the pump action. I can change the barrel in less than a minute from 28" full choke to a 19" cylinder bore. The 870 is, in fact, the "Barbie Doll" of shotguns.

As far as handguns go I'd LOVE to see someone develop a 41 Mag. with a rebated rim for use in an auto-loader. A friend of mine has no less than 4 41 Mag. revolvers. I've shot them all and I think it's a great cartridge.....BUT......no one's taken that step. That being said, even though I carry a 45, I'd go with a solid 40. The cartridge has fallen out of favor as of late but it shoots flatter than either the 45 or the 9mm. I have no argument with the 10 as far as knock-down power, merely that even with a compensator getting a well aimed second shot off in a timely manner is damned difficult.

I agree about the 10mm, but because of its ass, I like it still. I would like try try a SA single stack 10.

The only shotgun I've fired in a semi-auto is my Weather by bird gun, and it's only had a few rounds through it, so no.

There was an outrageous "I cunt read fer shit" post over there >>>>>
demonstrating for the umpteenth time how this thread rules this fucking board. My sincere thanks to all Sentient Life who make that possible.

The rest??? See post #8648

Back