Trump's Supreme Court To Hear Trump's Immunity Case

The reason the three justices dissented from the Anderson case was precisely because this court has already addressed more questions than it should have. There's no reason to believe they won't do so again, since they have already demonstrated that they aren't afraid of doing so.
Idk. Just a guess. If they do go beyond the main question and tackle the “outer perimeter” stuff, they’d have to address it for each of the four charges.

Trump should have the ability to order an assassination of a political rival for personal reasons if he determines there is a significant threat to "national security". They actually argued that in court.

If the Extreme Court accepts this argument and somehow (God Forbid) the deranged dementia dingleberry Donald Trump is installed as President in 2024, Barack Obama is a walking dead man.

Supreme Court announced today that it will hear former one-term President Donald Trump's specious claim that a President has absolute immunity on all legal matters whilst serving in office. Oral arguments set for April 22nd, Decision mid-June.

Supreme Court walking a tightrope here: they need to delay Trump's prosecution for as long as possible, and then tailor a very narrow decision that only Republican Presidents have immunity. Otherwise, Biden could order Trump executed.
So, when will we be indicting and charging Barack Obama for the extrajudicial murder On October 14, 2011, of Anwar al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American citizen, was killed in Yemen in an American drone strike. President Obama directed the CIA to assassinate him despite the fact that he had never been charged with or convicted of any crime.

So, when will we be indicting and charging Barack Obama for the extrajudicial murder On October 14, 2011, of Anwar al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American citizen, was killed in Yemen in an American drone strike. President Obama directed the CIA to assassinate him despite the fact that he had never been charged with or convicted of any crime.
What about her emails? And Hunter Biden’s laptop?

Barack Obama did that very thing to an American citizen.
He did nothing of the sort.
That is blood libel.
John McCain died of Glioblatoma (brain cancer).
You shame your father and your family name.
Small wonder they banished you to Idaho.

Al-Awaiki was the leader of Al-Queda in Yemen. He had publicly declared war on America.
He was an enemy combatant by every definition of the word.
He was actively engaged in warfare against the country he held citizenship in.
In a perfect world, he'd have been arrested, extradited, tried for treason and executed.

That's about as far an example you can get from Donald J. Trump wanting to take out a political opponent because an opponent embarrassed him.

He did nothing of the sort.
That is blood libel.
John McCain died of Glioblatoma (brain cancer).
You shame your father and your family name.
Small wonder they banished you to Idaho.
The only blood libel here is your last two sentences
What does Democrat secret Squirrel John McCain have to do with it? Are you shitfaced right now?

This is incorrect.

I wonder if you're smart enough to know why it's incorrect, but I doubt you have the nutsack to show where or even care.

According to Trump's soon to be fired lawyers, Biden and Trump both have the right to shoot any SCOTUS who votes against them.

Sounds like a good reason to not be a SCOTUS.

According to Trump's soon to be fired lawyers, Biden and Trump both have the right to shoot any SCOTUS who votes against them.

Sounds like a good reason to not be a SCOTUS.
Works for me. Real life Pelican Brief

Al-Awaiki was the leader of Al-Queda in Yemen. He had publicly declared war on America.
He was an enemy combatant by every definition of the word.
He was actively engaged in warfare against the country he held citizenship in.
In a perfect world, he'd have been arrested, extradited, tried for treason and executed.

That's about as far an example you can get from Donald J. Trump wanting to take out a political opponent because an opponent embarrassed him.

I apologize should have added that his son Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen who was born in Denver, Colorado, was also killed by a CIA-led drone strike in Yemen and was 16 years old at the time. His father was 40. BTW his 8 year old daughter was later killed by Donald Trump in another CIA drome strike in 2017. All three, father son, and daughter were American citizens. So when you prosecute Trump don't forget to bring Obama alone as well.

Trump should have the ability to order an assassination of a political rival for personal reasons if he determines there is a significant threat to "national security". They actually argued that in court.

If the Extreme Court accepts this argument and somehow (God Forbid) the deranged dementia dingleberry Donald Trump is installed as President in 2024, Barack Obama is a walking dead man.
The Biden administration has already decided to go after Trump because of their corrupt fears. Biden is gambling that he will get to Trump before a future Trump DOJ can go after his administration for its crimes.

I apologize should have added that his son Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen who was born in Denver, Colorado, was also killed by a CIA-led drone strike in Yemen and was 16 years old at the time. His father was 40. BTW his 8 year old daughter was later killed by Donald Trump in another CIA drome strike in 2017. All three, father son, and daughter were American citizens. So when you prosecute Trump don't forget to bring Obama alone as well.
They were outside of the United States at the time, We're drifting into a grey area.
Years ago, the Mafia wouldn't "take out" someone in front of their families.
With today's Weapons of Building Destruction, that gets harder to do.
Both the Americans and the Israelis appear to have no problem with "collateral damage" in taking out a bad guy's family along with the bad guy. (albeit the Israelis seem to do that intentionally).

In any event, I've not seen you "rending your garment" over the death of the al-Awiaki family, nor has there been any protests that I've been aware of.

Compare and contrast that to the uproar if Trump were to order Obama to be shot.

They were outside of the United States at the time, We're drifting into a grey area.
Years ago, the Mafia wouldn't "take out" someone in front of their families.
With today's Weapons of Building Destruction, that gets harder to do.
Both the Americans and the Israelis appear to have no problem with "collateral damage" in taking out a bad guy's family along with the bad guy. (albeit the Israelis seem to do that intentionally).

In any event, I've not seen you "rending your garment" over the death of the al-Awiaki family, nor has there been any protests that I've been aware of.

Compare and contrast that to the uproar if Trump were to order Obama to be shot.
They were still American citizens with constitutional rights. The al-Awiaki family killings represented the first time American citizens were targeted by an American President. So there is no historical precedent either.

That's right, like Obama, I understood the threat that the elder al-Awiaki represented to Americans. Just like an American cop makes a decision to shoot an armed threat here at home. This was at a different level but I did understand the thinking. I only bring it up to remind you and others who want to crucify Trump for alleged or imagined violations of law that we do have real examples in our history that go untouched. Adams, Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, and LBJ all committed crimes. They shut down newspapers, arrested journalists, one arrested state legislators, and FDR locked up a whole race of people who lived too close to the defense industries on the West Coast, seized control of the entire US economy and confiscated billions in private property, and one started a war in Asia.

They were still American citizens with constitutional rights. The al-Awiaki family killings represented the first time American citizens were targeted by an American President. So there is no historical precedent either.

That's right, like Obama, I understood the threat that the elder al-Awiaki represented to Americans. Just like an American cop makes a decision to shoot an armed threat here at home. This was at a different level but I did understand the thinking. I only bring it up to remind you and others who want to crucify Trump for alleged or imagined violations of law that we do have real examples in our history that go untouched. Adams, Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, and LBJ all committed crimes. They shut down newspapers, arrested journalists, one arrested state legislators, and FDR locked up a whole race of people who lived too close to the defense industries on the West Coast, seized control of the entire US economy and confiscated billions in private property, and one started a war in Asia.
Your situational support of the United States Constitution is encouraging.

From Nixon v Fitzgerald (1982);

in Chief Justice Burger’s concurring ruling in the 5-4 decision creating civil immunity: '… there is no contention that the President is immune from criminal prosecution in the courts under the criminal laws enacted by Congress, or by the States, for that matter. Nor would such a claim be credible. The Constitution itself provides that impeachment shall not bar ‘Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.’ Art. I, § 3, cl. 7.

If they accept this, then Biden could wack Trump. I'm not sure Trump really wants this decision to go that way...*chuckles*

not sure if his has been mentioned yet, but during even before the court heard oral arguments, on Thursday mark meadows was trying to get 'trickle down immunity' even if it should come about that trump had no immunity

:)

'just following orders'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...1&cvid=d3db1c07bdfe423dcbe0b8a9aa79e7cc&ei=43

Despite the lower-court losses, Meadows nonetheless asked the Supreme Court to recognize that the president's subordinates should have immunity from criminal prosecution — in both federal or state-level cases — because they were just doing their job by following the president's instructions.

His lawyers said the court should recognize immunity for Meadows even if Trump himself doesn't have immunity.

"If the Court addresses or resolves the question whether a president may act in a non-official capacity while in office and thereby lose the protection of presidential immunity, the Court should make clear that its ruling does not reach the conduct of subordinate federal officials who, like Meadows, generally assisted the former President as part of their federal roles," his lawyers wrote in an amicus brief to the Supreme Court.
although the court didn't take up meadows' play directly, the liability of subordinates was discussed, with even gorsuch seeming unsympathetic to such claims of immunity:
"If the president gives an unlawful order, call in the troops, all the examples we've heard, every subordinate beneath him faces criminal prosecution, don't they?" Gorsuch asked Sauer.

Sauer, citing historical arguments from the Constitutional Convention, agreed that "co-agitators" of the president "could be prosecuted" as long as the conduct fit a criminal statute.

"Oh, we've got lots of statutes," Gorsuch replied. "The criminal law books are replete."

Back