Trump formally files appeal of $365 million verdict, does NOT post required bond

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
Former one term President Donald Trump filed a formal appeal of the $365 million verdict against him this morning in federal court.
He did NOT, according to reports, post the required financial bond necessary to process his appeal.

I wonder how this will play out?

Doesn't he have to post the money to make a formal appeal?

He overturned the Constitution by the power of hindsight, because he could have done that in 2019. Therefore he doesn't have to post bond now.

(Or somesuch garble-logic that Spork-foot will be happy to explain)

Okay, moar deets emerging: Evidently he filed something called a "Notice of Intent to Appeal" which is serving notice on the court that he wants to appeal the verdict but its not the same as a "formal appeal" which requires Trump to put his money where his mouth is.

he wants to sell a few more properties, golf course memberships, tacky trump-branded shite and rake in more $$ from the gullible to foot the bill, first.

Former one term President Donald Trump filed a formal appeal of the $365 million verdict against him this morning in federal court.
He did NOT, according to reports, post the required financial bond necessary to process his appeal.

I believe that was only required in the state appeal process. He's no doubt asserting a violation of constitutional rights under the due process clause and the 8th Amendment.

How can someone who says that he wants to overturn the Constitution whine about some imagined violation of that Constitution? He's a berk.

He has two weeks from judgement to post the money. It must be posted before the appeal can start.

he wants to sell a few more properties, golf course memberships, tacky trump-branded shite and rake in more $$ from the gullible to foot the bill, first.
It turns out that the reason his sneakers cost $399 is that they have computer chips imbedded. They will inform the wearer where to go in his rallies for the best viewpoint and also tell them if they put them on the wrong feet.

It turns out that the reason his sneakers cost $399 is that they have computer chips imbedded. They will inform the wearer where to go in his rallies for the best viewpoint and also tell them if they put them on the wrong feet.
He has yet to start production on them if he wants to see any moolah to pay for his woes. Only that Russian guy has the first ones and he paid four figures for it.

I believe that was only required in the state appeal process.
State case so yes he has to follow their rules.
He's no doubt asserting a violation of constitutional rights under the due process clause and the 8th Amendment.
Well he can go appeal to the Feds, but if he doesn't get it done in 30 days, the state ruling stands...

I think what it means, is he now has until the end of the 30 day period to come up with either the cash, or a bond. If he doesn't, the appeal will not be heard. Seems he lost on trying to get a 30 day extension and a lesser amount for the cash value required.

oh my gosh ...who would have ever seen THIS coming???

Trump tells E. Jean Carroll judge he's too rich to have to pay bond

Posting bond is standard in civil judgment cases in which the defendant seeks to appeal the decision, which Trump is planning to do. But according to Above the Law, Trump is arguing to the court that he is so rich that a bond doesn't really constitute a deterrent to his noncompliance, and therefore he shouldn't have to provide one.

Well, I guess it's a step up from simply ignoring the law as he usually does...

Doesn't he have to post the money to make a formal appeal?
This is correct and the actual situation is that Trump has not yet lodged a formal notice of appeal but a notice of an intention to appeal which legally is inconsequential. He has used that as an opportunity to suggest that "because I am so rich" the courts requirement of a bond is superfluous! To me that suggests that he is having trouble either getting the Bond or raising the cash from his own resources.

If it gets close to the line and Trump has neither the liquidity to deposit the cash nor the credibility/trustworthiness to get a Bond, it would not surprise me if Engeron reduced the level of the Bond to a modest extent. That would show that the court was giving the fraudster every chance to pursue his appeal without the court being seen as vindictive.

He doesn't have enough money to put up the full bond. He's lying that he's good for it.
I'm wondering if he found a bonding company....I doubt it. If he defaults, its the bonding company who has to pony up the entire award amount, if I understand bonding correctly.

But yeah, I know he's lying about this.

The other fun news is that yesterday it was revealed that Mar-a-lago is owned by a Trump LLC in New York, which could then be seized!

Let the selling off of his properties at realistic prices begin. I'd be happy if they started with his winery and boutique hotel near me.

He doesn't have enough money to put up the full bond. He's lying that he's good for it.
Appellate judge gave Trump a giant "fuck you" this afternoon.
Judge ruled Trump has to pay the full amount, but the judge gave him specific permission to obtain a loan to cover his appellate bond only by pledging his property to the lender as collateral.

Wonder if any bank will take that risk, now that former Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's kid no longer works for DeutscheBank.

As a former one-term President with lots of social media followers, Trump has an absolute right to change any rule he wants.

As a matter of fact, all he has to do is just think about changing a law or rule, and it shall be changed. Yeah, that's the ticket...

As a former one-term President with lots of social media followers, Trump has an absolute right to change any rule he wants.

As a matter of fact, all he has to do is just think about changing a law or rule, and it shall be changed. Yeah, that's the ticket...
He just got a gift from the Supreme Court. Thread to follow.

He had that attitude long before he was president. He has always just ignored any law he didn't like.

I'm wondering if he found a bonding company....I doubt it. If he defaults, its the bonding company who has to pony up the entire award amount, if I understand bonding correctly.

But yeah, I know he's lying about this.

The other fun news is that yesterday it was revealed that Mar-a-lago is owned by a Trump LLC in New York, which could then be seized!
That would explain the reason his attorney filed a document with the NY judge that changed all the property holding addresses to a Florida address. Tried to slip the document through with other papers but the judge caught it. Pissed him off a bit and he sald 'hell no.'

Back