The Shunned (closed for LoganDarkHolme and DarkWarrioress)

The next morning, she stumbled out of bed, slipped her feet into her house slippers and donned her robe. She tied it as she came downstairs and shuffled into the kitchen, squinting. Coffee. Her life for a cup of coffee. Through half opened eyes Sam reached for a coffee pod, loaded it into her coffee maker then set her cup under the brew spout. She leaned on a counter as she waited and wondered where the hell Alecsi had gotten to because he was nowhere in her living room. About then there was a knock on her front door. What the--- who the hell was knocking on her door this early in the morning? She wasn’t expecting anyone. Was he?

“Coming!”

She shuffled to the door, unlocking it with one hand and smoothing down her wild looking hair with the other.

"Morning ma'am, Detective Allen, we spoke yesterday at the hotel, at the time, you told me you had no idea about the man whose hotel room was attacked."

Oh, good lord. Sam blinked at the man standing in front of her in his nice-looking suit. One part of her mind registered once again how good-looking the man was and he smelled really good too. She managed to nod her head.

“Yes, I remember, Detective. What can I do for you?”

"Well, see, after going over that hotel room with a fine-tooth comb. we found this," he held up the file and held it out to her "Mind telling me why he had a Government File with all your information tucked inside his duffle bag? Along with a large wad of cash and your address scribbled on a piece of paper?"

Sam blinked again. Mentally she was thinking that here was the reason Alecsi had pulled a disappearing act. However, she was pretty sure he wasn’t too far away. In the meanwhile, she tried to focus on the man in front of her and the file he held out to her. She took it and stood back, allowing the man to enter.

“Won’t you come in, Detective Allen. Would you care for a cup of coffee? I was just fixing myself a cup.”

In the mean while she’s thumbing through this file the detective had handed her, trying to make sense of it before she looked up and found him studying her. She gave her head a small shake, lightly tossing the file on her dining room table.

“I’m sorry Detective. I have no idea why this man had a file on me, a government file at that. I’m sure by now you know what I do for a living. I recently got back from the Rain Forest. My company sent me there to capture and make observations about a black panther they showed interest in but that’s about it.”

The man was rubbing her the wrong way, standing there with his arms folded over his chest, his eyebrow cocked and looking all sorts of smug for some reason. Sam turned and retrieved her mug from the coffeemaker before she opened her refrigerator and took out the creamer, pouring a generous amount into her coffee until it turned almost milky looking. She gave it a stir and turned back to the detective, her own brow arching.

“Is there anything else I can do for you, Detective Allen? I need to get ready for work here shortly.”

All the while she had been thinking and wondering where the bloody hell was Alecsi and why the fuck did he have a government dossier on her.

++++Detective Allen++++

Won’t you come in, Detective Allen. Would you care for a cup of coffee? I was just fixing myself a cup. The detectives eyes were sharp, making a sweep of her living room as he was allowed in, tucking his hands into his jeans pockets, his eyes fell to the pillow and folded up and obviously unused blanket on the end of the sofa, his attention turning back to Sam as she moved into the kitchen “Coffee would be great thank you” he said politely, “expecting company?” he asked, his voice sounding casual, but his eyes watched her for a reaction, his hand motioning to the pillow and blanket, as she returned with 2 mugs, he smiled and nodded his head to her slightly as he took the offered mug “I’m sorry Detective. I have no idea why this man had a file on me, a government file at that. I’m sure by now you know what I do for a living. The detective’s eyebrow arched in interest, of course he’d done a full background check on her before even coming over here, but he’d found in his career it was easier to feign interest and let them talk,

I recently got back from the Rain Forest. My company sent me there to capture and make observations about a black panther they showed interest in but that’s about it.”he chuckled “yes, we are aware of the big cat that has been spotted in the area, while the Research facility has chosen to keep it quiet, we were informed by them that the animal was theirs and they were doing an internal investigation on how it was set free, while trying to locate and trap it” he took a sip of the coffee before politely setting it on her table, using a coaster that was already there, and crossed his arms, a jovial smile on his face “although the facility is keeping it all very hush hush and off the news so as to not incite a panic, but. Well………. Im sure you know how it goes when it leaks a predator is loose in a metropolitan area, some people panic, others go looking for the thing trying to become the next “tik tok star” his voice slanting into irritated tone

Shaking his head as if trying to shake away his thoughts, a soft beeping had the Detective pulling his phone from his pocket and checking the text “Is there anything else I can do for you, Detective Allen? I need to get ready for work here shortly.” The detective looked up from his phone, having received a message from his partner the house and surroundings were clear of any clues Allen shook his head “not at this time no, if we find anything on Mr. Varenov, or if you hear/see anything” Detectice Allen pulled a Business card from his wallet “This has my Office and my Cell number on it, please feel free to call me” Nodding and thanking her for the coffee he moved to the front door and let himself out as his partner came strolling around the side of the house, both of them heading to their car.

+++++Alecsi++++

Fucking cops, nosey assholes, his tail twitched in irritation as he hunkered down high in a tree, the brush and heavy foilage hiding him perfectly. He watched as the man poked around behind Sam’s house. More then once Alecsi had to keep from growling as the idiot peeked into Sam’s windows, He doubted they had a warrant for an official search, he could hear another man in the house talking to Sam, obviously keeping her distracted as this idiot even checked Sam’s small tool shed, after a short 10 minutes he man pulled out a phone and tapped on it before making his way back around to the front of the house. Alecsi chuffed as he heard a car start then drive away, the soft scrap of his claws as it dug into the bark of the tree he climbed down then jumped, landing soundlessly on the lawn he lifted his head, sniffing, memorizing the scent of the male if he ever ran into him again.

Padding up to the back patio door he nudged the handle with his nose, forcing the glass to slide open just enough for him to slip inside then made his way to the living room were he scented Sam, watching her from behind as she peered out of the curtains, he assumed to make sure they left. Sitting on his Haunches, his tail twitched behind him as Sam turned around, he saw her gaze harden when she’d spotted him. Making him wince, he turned and moved to the sink, catching the small handle of the buttom cupboard with a fang he opened it and grabbed his duffle bag between his teeth as Sam came storming in behind him, the scent of her anger flowing from her, damn she smelled good when she was riled up.

He watched a moment as she just crossed her arms, her foot tapping, oh yea, she was pissed. Huffing he brushed passed her, curling his tail around her leg as he slipped by. He padded to the bathroom and shifted, dressing quickly, he was brushing his hand through his hair as he emerged, then set to buttoning up his shirt “So I caught pieces of the conversation, but I was more focused on his partner checking out your backyard and peaking in your windows”

he paused, his head cocking to one side, his brows dipping down in concern "Are you ok?"

Damn it! She silently berated herself. The man was way too sharp and observant. Then again, if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be in the job he was.

They made polite talk as they drank their coffee. They were *dancing* around each other. He was digging to see how much she knew and she was doing her best to elude him. The detective got a message on his phone, which gave her a small reprieve and she was certainly glad when she showed him out and closed her front door. With a sigh, she sat back down at her dining room table, lifting her coffee cup to her lips with a shaky hand. Where the hell did Alecsi get to?!

The slight noise at her sliding patio door showed her that Alecsi finally felt it was safe enough to make an appearance. She continued to sip her coffee as her eyes followed him as he made his way to her kitchen sink. Her foot silently tapped on the floor. Her eyes narrowed as they followed him as he took his duffle bag and moved toward her bathroom. It wasn’t long before emerged from the bathroom once more in human form.

“Are you okay?”

She took another sip of her coffee before she lowered the mug to the table, finally meeting his eyes. She slightly inclined her head.

“I’m fine. A bit rattled but I’ll manage.”

She knew her thoughts regarding his family rattled him as well. In his mind there was no way that whatever she suggested could be. What he refused to realize is that his family had lived in the human world for far too many years. Yes, they were of the animal kingdom but the possibility that they were influenced by the human world was certainly a probability.

Not far from Sam’s house, high up in a tree thick with branches that hid a figure stretched out on a long thick branch, big green observant eyes watched Alecsi enter the human’s house. Its keen mind taking in everything it was watching. Not far from this shadowy figure, were birds sitting on a high telephone wire, well aware of the figure hiding in the trees. They, too, were watching and observing.

“I’m fine. A bit rattled but I’ll manage.” he looked around, trying to gather his thoughts, looking at her pictures on the wall he really hadnt paid attention to, he finally looked at her, his eyes flashing in the low light of the living room "im..........not ready to accept........that you think my family could be involved in this.........but..........i also dont have any evidence......to dispute it......" he sighed, sitting back, slinging one arm over the back of the chair he was in, adopting a more casual pose as his legs crossed at the ankles. "my concern is you, i dont care what happens to me Sam. but i cant let you get hurt......and not not going to be like some of your coworkers and dismiss your strenths, ive seen that fire in your eyes and your determination" he watched her "its a downright turn on to watch you get all fired up" the edge of his lip curled up into a seductive smirk

"i...........i have been away too long and i admit, i am out of my element here, dealing with people, for 20 years ive lived as a cat. so i am more then willing to let you take the lead, because i have no clue where we should go from here, there are other shifters i could reach out to, but we dont all get along so well, we dont know if or when the cartel will find us again, im sure they are going to want to lay low after the hotel incident for a bit. what about your job?"

“Alecsi,” she spoke softly, a finger idly tracing the rim of her coffee mug as she spoke. Her eyes, however, sought and held his, “the idea of all this being your family was simply a thought to consider. Even I have no proof of anything that says they are behind this. Just keep an open mind, please? And be careful. As you said, you haven’t lived in civilization for a good many years. People….” She paused a moment, “People have changed so much. Just be careful. I worry for your safety as well.”

She became deep in thought. After a few moments, she gave herself a slight shake of her head.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to seem rude. I was thinking. Maybe it would be a good idea to contact your family. If they are any part of this, they’ve been operating in the shadows and it’s time they came to light. IF they aren’t, they need to know you're here, not here, but in civilization again. Hey, we’ll work on it and speaking of work…”

She reached for her laptop and opened it up. After it fired up she began typing and after about ten minutes or so, she gave a soft sigh, closed the laptop and looked at Alecsi as she reached for her coffee mug again.

“I just took emergency leave. The job can wait. I have enough money saved up to do this so…”

She shrugged and sipped her coffee then grimaced. Her coffee had gone cold. She contemplated making another cup.

“What do you say we go to the local pancake house and get something to eat. We can continue to figure out what to do about the cops.”

Alecsi that simple word, her soft voice broke through the spiral of his thoughts and he blinked several times before his eyes focused on her. the idea of all this being your family was simply a thought to consider. I have no proof of anything that says they are behind this he blinked again then his body seemed to uncoil and he sagged back, frowning as he reexamined the dark turn his thoughts had taken, what bothered him the most was that he was so readily able to believe it.....or at least believe it enough it bothered him....... just, be careful. As you said, you haven’t lived in civilization for a good many years.People have changed so much. Just be careful. I worry for your safety as well. his eyes brows rose, the corner of his mouth twitching into a slight roguish grin, his eyes shifting feline for a moment, the light red glow reflecting from the morning sunlight, before shifting back "well darlin, it almost sounds like you love me" he teased her, his voice light, his eyes gleaming with amusement. But her words had allowed him to redirect and stop the spiral he'd been in.

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to seem rude. I was thinking. Maybe it would be a good idea to contact your family he nodded "i will, but not right now, you worry about me, as i worry about you, i worry about your safety just as much, " he couldnt stop his eyes from trailing over her, before her words again caught his attention they’ve been operating in the shadows and it’s time they came to light. IF they aren’t, they need to know you're here, not here, but in civilization again. Hey, we’ll work on it and speaking of work… he nodded at that, watching as she reached out to grab her laptop, the way her shirt tightened over her upper body, accentuating her curves and he stiffled a growl, watching as she waited for it to boot up, his head cocked to one side, curious as she began furiously typing away. Minutes later he smiled at her sigh I just took emergency leave. The job can wait. I have enough money saved up to do this so…

He nodded, watching her grimance, that made him laugh as she stared at her cup like it had personally offended her and he rose to his feet, reaching out to take her cup from her, his fingers brushing lightly over her knuckles "Ill get you another cup, if there is one thing i remember, Females become violent without coffee, i remember that one morning back at your camp. When one of guys told you that your supply was almost out, i thought you were gunna gut him on the spot" he teases, a soft chuckle rumbling in his chest as he makes his way to the kitchen, "until they found that second supply container under the tarps they'd just thrown over everything and forgot about" dumping out the offending brew he rinsed her glass before pouring a fresh steaming cup from the coffee pot, returning to her "i was laying in a tree about 15 yards from you that morning, watching you, you were so cute riled up like that" he gently teased, handing her the fresh cup.

What do you say we go to the local pancake house and get something to eat. We can continue to figure out what to do about the cops. Running a hand through his hair he growled "pancakes, christ, i havent had that in...........forever" as if on que his stomach growled loud enough the neighbors 5 doors down could have heard and he absentmindedly rubbed a hand over his stomach "yes, definetely a good idea" he laughed

His actions took her by surprise. Were her emotions so readily perceived on her face? He nose twitched when he brought her back a fresh cup and she buried her nose in it, not wanting to think about how his fingers brushed over her hand. She was in trouble and she knew it. Alecsi was attracted to her and she knew it, however, the timing was all off. They had the cops on their trail. Someone or perhaps more than one, were out to harm them and between them, had yet to identify who “they” were. Sam’s mind was swirling with thoughts as she absentmindedly gathered her purse and keys, locking the door behind them.

Sam slid into her car and waited for Alecsi to squeeze himself in as well before she started up the car and they headed into town. From the soft growl that came from his stomach, she knew he was starving. With a slight shake of her head, she managed to get into town without incident and parked in front of the pancake house. Sam asked for a booth at the back of the restaurant. The less they attracted attention, the better. However, Alecsi, by the simple nature of being himself, attracted attention anyway. Women just seemed to love the dark broody type and he had that in spades, not to mention being quite attractive. Who knew that the cat she had been sent to track, would equate to this… this… dangerously attractive male?

Sam hurriedly ordered coffee, her breakfast and waited for Alecsi to do the same. She pushed the condiments and her creamer to one end of the table, knowing that he was going to order a lot of food. He was a cat after all and starved.

“So, what are we going to do about the cops? You know they aren’t going to leave us alone. We’re their only clue to all those dead bodies.”

Alecsi people watched as Sam drove, his eyes moving quick as he took in the surroundings, he slipped from the car fluidly when they'd parked. His eyes never stopped moving as he scanned the area, but more then once, his eyes strayed to Sam's swaying ass as she walked. His attention diverting as they entered the restaurant, the scents of food, and the multitude of scents from the people assaulted him, and he rubbed his nose trying to clear it, ignoring the stares, and the hints of interest he picked up from the females he passed. Slipping into the booth, his back to the wall so he could watch the room, he gave a polite smile to the waitress as she gave them each a menu. His eyes falling to Sam he peaked an eyebrow at her as she began moving things off to one side, his lips twitching in amusement, and he chuckles as she orders more coffee. browsing through the menu, the waitress jaw dropped as he ordered a 4 stacks of Blueberry pancakes, 3 stacks of the chocolate chip pancakes, 2 orders of waffles, glass of milk, glass of water and a glass of orange juice.

it was some time till the food was delivered and Alecsi slipped the waitress a $100 bill with a smile and a thank you, his eyes seeming to gleam in excitement as he began plowing through the food with a growl, the pancakes vanished quickly and Alecsi, seeing the near horror filled gaze of Sam, become aware that others were watching him slack jawed, he froze for a moment, straightening back against the booth he wiped his mouth clearing his throat "foods good" he said, a little loudly, several giggles and snorts of disbelief sounded around him before people again turned to pay attention to their own meals. Looking up at Sam he felt his face warm, and he again wiped his mouth, taking a sip of his OJ. he watched Sam shake her head and huff, the barest hint of a smile on her lips as she spoke quietly So, what are we going to do about the cops? You know they aren’t going to leave us alone. We’re their only clue to all those dead bodies

Sam's choice of words couldn't have been more on point, as the air shifted and the scent of gun powder and sanitizer assaulted him and he wrinkled his nose, his eyes turning to Feline slits, his attention focusing sharply as he looked to the front door, two men in well tailored suits walking in, his eyes catching the glint of a badge on one of the men's belt before the male buttoned his suit jacket hiding it from sight, his nose flared as he took a second breath, sifting through the various scents he caught a whiff of the two males, one scent he recognized, the Detective that had showed up at Sam's home, the other males scent was unfamiliar. Alecsi quickly flipped his hat back onto his head and tucked it low, "ask and you shall receive" he muttered, barely hiding the snarl "we were followed" he growled as the cop's eyes took in the room, and began moving across the floor towards them.

Alecsi's body coiled, as the man stopped beside their table, a self satisfied smirk on his lips "Well, Ms. Hughes, what an unexpected surprise...." the Detectives voice dripped with smug satisfaction "care to introduce me to your................friend?" Alecsi barely bit back the low warning growl that had started low in his chest, tipping his head up his eyes flashed red in the low light of the Diner, the officers eyes widening for a fraction of a second before Alecsi blinked and his eyes returned to normal, he smelled the wave of apprehension tinged with the slight hint of fear, although the Detectives outward demeanor remained calm as he smoothed his cop face back into place, Alecsi tilted his head to one side, sizing up the cop "well well, Detective Douche, that was your name? right?" Alecsi's made sure his tone was haughty, and uninterested, and the scent of rage that washed from the cop made him smile "come, join us, please" he made a show of waving at the table, but the cop only growled "im going to need the two of you to come with me, we have questions, for the both of you" Detective Allen all but snarled as he and his partner pulled handcuffs from their pockets

Sam’s eyebrow rose as she buried her face into her steaming cup of coffee as she listened to Alecsi order his breakfast. It took everything she had not to laugh aloud at the waitress’ look of astonishment.

“What? No bacon?”

She chuckled over the rim of her mug. Shen ordered for herself. Two eggs over easy, two sausage links, hashbrowns, pancakes (only two) and definitely another carafe of coffee.

Sam almost choked on her coffee at the comical look of surprise that came over the waitress’ face once again as Alecsi tipped the lady a hundred dollar bill, instead, she sighed softly. As a walking bi-ped, Alecsi never did anything in a small way. They were going to have to have a conversation about that, but right now, there were far more important matters at hand.

Their food arrived. Finally, and with a shake of her head in amusement, she watched him plow into his food. There was no doubt about it, Alecsi loved to eat. As a cat or a human being, he was incorrigible.

"Ask and you shall receive," he muttered, barely hiding the snarl, "we were followed," he growled as the cop's eyes took in the room and began moving across the floor towards them.

As much as she wanted to turn and see where he was staring, she fought the urge and lifted up her mug for another sip of coffee.

“Well, that doesn’t surprise me in the least,” she muttered over the rim.

"Well, Ms. Hughes, what an unexpected surprise.... care to introduce me to your................friend?"

Slowly Sam set her mug on the table, keeping a steady hand wrapped around it.

“Nice to see you detectives again,” her voice was honey smooth and she met his question with a raised brow.

“Actually, Detective unless you have a specific reason for asking, I rather keep my personal life, just that, personal.”

She could feel Alecsi getting riled up and gently kicked him under the table.

"Well, well Detective Douche, that was your name? Right? Come, join us, please."

Sam rolled her eyes. Apparently Alecsi couldn’t take a hint even when it hit him in the shin.

"I’m going to need the two of you to come with me, we have questions, for the both of you."

Sam’s hand tightened on her mug.

“I don’t think so, Detective. We can meet you down at the police station right after I call my attorney. I’m really getting tired of you bugging me, us. I told you everything I knew, which granted wasn’t much so unless you have something new that’s just come to your attention, you can talk to my, our, attorney.”

She looked from one to the other.

“Well gentlemen, what’s it going to be? If for some reason anything new comes to mind, you know where I live and I’m sure my attorney will be more than available to run interference.”

She had lawyered up even before they got to question either of them. The ball was now back in their court and she knew they had nothing. They didn’t even know who Alecsi was and he could have been anybody for all they knew. They were fishing, Sam knew that. So, let’s fish or cut bait. Back to you, Detectives.

Actually, Detective unless you have a specific reason for asking, I rather keep my personal life, just that, personal The detective just continued to smile at her, but it was the smile you would see on a sharks face before it attacked you "oh im sure you would, but that's not how this is going to work" he stated as he pulled the cuffs from his back pocket, his partner doing the same I don’t think so, Detective. We can meet you down at the police station right after I call my attorney. I’m really getting tired of you bugging me, us. I told you everything I knew, which granted wasn’t much so unless you have something new that’s just come to your attention, you can talk to my, our, attorney.” The Detective just gave a small chuckle "But, here's the thing, Ms. Hughes, you lied to me, not once, not twice, but three times now, isn't that right Mr. Varenov?"

The detective said as he looked to Alecsi. His eyes quickly returning to Sam "See, we checked the Hotel Security Cameras, and we got a Positive ID from the Hotel clerk on his information" the cuffs clinked in the detectives hand "Then, when i talked to you this morning, you told me, you had no idea who he was, or why he had your file, yet, here you are......oh and......." Detective Allen pulled out his phone, and flipped through it, showing Sam a picture of them, leaving her house together "he was apparently at your house, and hiding, while we talked.....so, well......You and Mr. Varenov here are now Person's of interest in the hotel destruction and your connection to the Mexican cartels operating in the city"

The Smugness on the Detectives face had Alecsi growling, he hadn't said a word after Sam kicked him, but had tucked his hands on the table, as his fingers itched to shift and rip this males throat out. "im going to ask you again, stand up, place your hands behind your back, you can call your lawyer down at the station" Alecsi slid from the booth, standing to his full height he gave the detective an arched brow, making him appear haughty and not at all impressed, but not willing to make anymore of a scene in front of others he huffed, allowing the detectives partner to cuff him, he wouldnt be in these cuffs long, but he couldn't do a thing with so many eyes. He looked at Sam, tilting his head down so only she could see his face, waiting till she looked up at him, He gave her a quiet nod, his eyes shifting Feline for her and her alone, letting her see the determination in the set of his jaw, silently trying to tell her just to go along with it, that he'd handle it

Sam leaned back into her chair not quite ready to do as this cocky asshat of a detective was ordering her to do.

“You’re not quite right, Detective. First of all, can you prove, beyond a shadow of doubt that he was in my house and hiding while we chatted?” Her voice was sweet as sugar, “Secondly, those security cameras probably caught me there at that hotel and even knocking at a room door, but can they prove, again, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mr. Varenov answered the door?”

Sam had to laugh.

“Cartels? Detective, did you do any homework before you decided to harass me especially? Did you check my credentials and my workplace? And was my security clearance validated for you? As for that destruction of the hotel room, from what little I’ve heard on the news, that room and those men were slaughtered and the leading thought is, not by human hands but you know hey, go ahead and arrest me.”

"I’m going to ask you again, stand up, place your hands behind your back, you can call your lawyer down at the station."

Sam stood up and put her hands behind her back. She looked about the dining room and saw several people with their phones out, recording the whole scene she was willing to bet. Oh, wasn’t the police department in for a handful when all this got out. She gave a slight shake of her head, her eyes moving to meet Alecsi’s. That look in his eyes. She gave a slight shake of her head as she felt cold steel snap around her wrists. She silently hoped he wasn’t going to do anything dumb and wondered what he was thinking.

First of all, can you prove, beyond a shadow of doubt that he was in my house and hiding while we chatted? Detective Allen just sighed, shooting his partner a look as Sam continued to rant Secondly, those security cameras probably caught me there at that hotel and even knocking at a room door, but can they prove, again, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mr. Varenov answered the door? Again Detective Allen sighed, looking over to his partner he smirked “remind me to file paperwork to get a drug test too” he quipped, causing his partner to snicker a laugh. Alecsi saw the fire building in Sam’s eyes and the scent of her rage wafting off her damn near made him hard. He grunted as Detective Allens partner pulled his arms behind him and slapped the cuffs on his wrist and Alecsi barely held back the snarl as the metal bit into his wrist.

As Sam began to look around, he too looked around the room, seeing the phones and cameras being pointed at them, he closed his eyes briefly, aware they were still glowing red with his cat and calmed himself, shifting his eyes back to normal he allowed the Detective and his partner to lead them outside. Seeing Allen was taking Sam to a different car Alecsi jerked away from the Cop holding him “im going with Sam” he growled, the cop only grabbed his arm harder and shoved him towards his own car. Alecsi watched as she was shoved into Allen’s car and he sighed, allowing himself to be shoved into the car himself, a Raven’s cackle drawing his attention as the bird landed on the hood, pecking at the windshield. The cop started the car and the bird took off as he fell in behind Detective Allen’s car.

Alecsi watched the cop till he knew the officer’s attention was on driving, clentching his fists he forced his fingers to shift to claws, twisting his wrists till he could grab the chain between the cuffs, it was thin, and he almost laughed as his claws sliced through the thin chain binding the two cuffs together, his eyes again going to the back of the cops head, as the buildings began to thin out for more trees as they headed to the what he assumed was their prescint. Alecsi looked down at the cuffs, digging his claw into the keyhole he kept flicking his gaze up to watch the cop, the cuffs clicking as they unlocked. The cop twisted his head around and was about to say something when the glass around them exploded, gun fire ripping through the car, a curse tore from the cop as the smell of blood peppered the air, Alecsi tried to brace as a revving engine came from the side as an SUV rammed into them. The car jolted tossing alecsi against the driverside door before it tilted and and began to roll.

Pain tore through Alecsi’s shoulder as the car rolled a few times then settled on its roof, he heard car doors slam but all he could smell was blood. The cartel had found them, again. Panting he shifted around, looking at what was left of the car he was in, he swore he heard Sam’s scream on the wind and rage flooded through him, helping to dull his pain, he kicked at back door, snarling, buckling the metal he kicked it several more times, till it opened and he tried to wiggle his way out from the wreckage, only to be grabbed by hands and yanked roughly to his feet, snarling he lashed out, his claws tearing into skin as the gun drops from the hand it had been held in, angry spanish being yelled at him, his eyes search, finding Detective allen’s car also upside down men jumping from the SUV that rammed the other car. “what the hell, How the hell did they find us again?” Alecsi cursed, as the butt of a gun cracked the side of his head, 3 more men charging at him, sucking in a pained breath he roared, fangs bursting from his gums he lets the power of his beast flood through him, leaping at the startled men, fangs sinking into flesh, claws lashing out tearing skin from bone

Sam’s angry scream reached him as 4 more men surrounded her car. Seeing red Alecsi shifted, not caring about his surroundings, about anything but reaching her, he leapt over the upturned car, roaring long and hard, the furious roar of a supremely pissed off panther he charged. Fire tore through his shoulder as gun fire turned on him, he ducked, dodged and weaved as he lashed out, tearing hands from arms and shoving guns away from his direction, teeth tearing into skin and the hot splash of blood only fueling his rage. He know at least 2 men got away as several black SUV’s came screaming up towards them, Alecsi’s ears swiveled as he heard cursing, the shifting of broken glass as his head swiveled around, seeing Sam slowly crawling out the broken window, a whine left his muzzle as she startled and looked up to him,

His head dipping down he licked at the blood on her forehead before car doors slamming swung him around, moving his body he stood over Sam, teeth bared, growling hard, ears pinned back as men approached them, their hands up, pain ripped through his shoulder, and his hip, he knew he’d taken at least 3 bullets, there was too much blood in the air, and Alecsi couldn’t scent who these men where as they approached Easy feline, we are not your enemys, let us help you the call of a Raven averted his eyes momentarily as the bird landed on the mans shoulder and Alecsi sagged. The Raven’s had come to help, swinging his head back and down he looked to Sam, she was safe….she was safe…….. his body Sagged as he fell to his side, panting hard, blood matted his fur, darkness fighting the edge of his vision as his adreneline flagged. A whine left him as he licked her again before his eyes closed

"Be at peace, Sam" the man said as he approached slowly, pulling out a badge from his wallet "We're like him, we are here to help" he knealt slowly, placing a big hand on the panthers throat feeling for a pulse, the Raven hopping off the mans shoulder and onto pathers side, head cocking in different directions "I am Kearnan, im with the special investigations unit, and Leader of the Raven clan of Los Angeles, are you hurt? we need to move Alecsi, he will not be able to shift back while unconscious, and we have Doctors" he held out a hand, concern etching his face

Last edited:
She heard, “I’m going with Sam,” and knew that wasn’t happening. She watched Alecsi being put into the detective’s car while she was escorted to the other. She hoped he would keep his cool and not shift. THAT would help neither of them.

A slight noise caught her attention and looking at the windshield she saw a raven pecking at the glass. It was time like this she wished she could understand. With her bound hands she made a shooing motion and told it to go save Alecsi. She wasn’t sure if it understood or even heard her, but she threw it a desperate look before the detective got into the car. She started to settle back and saw the detective turn his head to say something when all of a sudden there was the sound of shattering glass and she screamed, ducking down.

What the bloody hell??!!, she thought as glass sprayed across the front seat into the backseat. So much happened all at once. There was the sound of metal hitting metal, cursing followed by silence. Deadly silence.

“Alecsi…” she managed to whisper as she felt more than saw his body as he came to her.

She heard him whine, felt him lick her before she heard a voice.

"Be at peace, Sam…"

She blinked. Everything, everywhere, in her body hurt. It was a voice she had never heard before and she was wary but could anyone blame her?

"We're like him, we are here to help."

She tried to open her mouth to say something sarcastic but nothing would come out. Who does something like this? Hijack a couple of law enforcement officers’ cars by shooting them up and ramming them? She would say something coherent later.

"I am Kearnan, I'm with the special investigations unit, and Leader of the Raven clan of Los Angeles. Are you hurt? We need to move Alecsi. He will not be able to shift back while unconscious, and we have doctors."

Her eyes shifted to the big cat at her side, his eyes closed. The man was right. Alecsi needed to be taken to someplace safe. She cleared her throat and reached up to take the man’s hand.

“Thank you,” she lifted a shaky hand to brush back the hair in her eyes, “I’m sore all over but nothing’s broken. I understand all about Alecsi. Please. I’ll see to him. We just need to get him to a safe place.”

She ran a hand over Alecsi’s fur and it came away blood red. She looked up at Kearnan.

“We need to move him right now. He’s lost a lot of blood.”

Kearnan frowned as he stood over Sam and Alecsi, he watched her face, the gambit of emotions, it was clear she was Disorientated, and maybe a concussion from the roll over. Frowning Kearnan knealt, laying his hand lightly on Alecsi's Neck, feeling his pulse was slow, but strong, his eyes met Sam's as she looked up to him and he saw the dazed confusion, yea, she was hurt too. Looking over his shoulder Kearnan began shouting Orders as men moved, 3 men a piece moved to each car, trying to help the human police from the wreckage. His head swiveling around as the Flock's medic van pulled up and 4 more men hopped out. "Feline's got multiple gun shot wounds, blood loss, Blood type and get volunteer's incase he needs blood" Kearnan spoke, the men nodding as they surrounded Alecsi, carefully getting his massive form up, Kaernan's gaze once more turned to Sam, his voice gentling as he offered his hand "Lets get you up, and get you looked at, you can ride with him, if he wakes, you may be the only one that can get his attention and keep from attacking in this state" his lips twitched as he help Sam to her feet, helping steady her until she could walk then helped her into the Medic Van, closing the doors Kaernan's face turned stone cold as he turned, hearing the angry shouts of the human police officers and stalked over "YOU CANT DO THAT!! THATS MY FUCKING PRISONER!" Allen shouted, hands thrown in the air as 2 of his own men stood with their arms crossed, Kaernan stepped over ande flashed his badge "yes, we can, They are witnesses in an ongoing case we have been investigating and your harassement.......... may have just exposed them to the people we were watching"

Kaernan sighed, crossing his arms with a glower as he stares down Detective Allen "What Investigation??? we werent told of any fucking investigation!, this is bullshit, where is Varenov?, and where in the fucking hell did the Cat come from? that the fucking thing every person in the city has been looking for?" Allen snarled into Kaernan's face, his face red, "We dont answer to the LAPD, you know that, Detective" the tone of Kaernan's voice more then implied Detective meant "asshole" "we have EMS enroute to have you and your partner checked out, but we are taking over from here, and pray we dont cross paths again" Allen just huffed wiping a trickle of blood from his forehead as he turned around studying his destroyed car.
"Clean up, bodies, evidence, return to base" Kaernan said, running his hand through his hair, he looked around, they'd been attacked, in broad daylight, another 8 dead bodies, ID would probably show all known cartel members......things were picking up, and Kaernan wanted to know why. This was more then just a Territory dispute or grudge, even from what Alecsi had told him when he first came to them for help........He'd just have to hope the Cat recovered quickly.

Back at the Raven compound outside of LA deep in the forested hills, Alecsi was rushed to surgery to remove the bullets in his side, and shoulder, Sam was given a Lush 3 bedroom suite to relax and refresh in, once Alecsi's injuries had been patched and bandaged, he was carried to his suite to be with Sam,
++++++++++Alecsi, hours later+++++++++

Time was fluid, he heard snippets of voices, he would surface, then darkness would take him again, sam? was she alright? where were they.......his body felt heavy, twinges of pain making the cat snarl, when he was finally able to crack an eye open it was dark, his tail twitched, his ear swiveled around, did he hear running water? He tried to lift his head but a growl rumbled from him as pain told him that wasnt a good idea. It took a few more minutes before his eyes finally focused and he looked around, he was in a bed, comfy...........nose twitching he scented the air, clean linen, cleaning products......Sam...............he scented Sam, her scent was heavy in the air, taking a few deep breaths he braced himself as he forced a shift, snarling into the pillow he panted hard, "goodddddddddddd daaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn that fuuuccckkin hurts........" he groaned, panting heavily, sweat breaking out all over his naked body he just laid there as pain wracked him. "samm?" god was that his voice? sounded like he gargled razor blades, running his hands over his body he felt the bandages, Ravens........he scented the avians, "Fuck what happened......" he asked to no one in particular

as the pain from the shift receeded he was able to actually focus on his surroundings, he appeared to be in a bedroom, the sheets and mattress below him were extremely soft and comfortable, he looked over at clock on the night stand, after 8pm? god, he'd been out of it a while. The soft patter of feet in the next room coupled with the scent of soap, and........Sam......wafting to him, told him she was in the bathroom, a low growl rumbled from him, just her scent causing his body to harden, and he tucked the blankets around his hips, knowing he was in no condition to try and move right now

Last edited:
She had just finished taking a shower and was drying her hair with a towel when she stopped in the doorway of Alecsi’s room.

"Sam? Fuck what happened......"

Not only was he awake but he had shifted back into human form. She draped the towel around her neck as she hurried to his bed side and laid a hand on his shoulder.

“Shhhh. Don’t talk. Save your strength. You were shot, multiple times. Thank heavens for Kaernan and his men. He got us out of those assholes’ clenches and brought us here to the Raven compound.”

She pulled up a chair closer to his bedside.

“Apparently, the cartel decided to take pot shots at the police cars. Rammed them too. You got shot and I got banged up pretty good, but I’m okay. I’ll be bruised for days but at least we’re both alive to tell the tale. I wanted to take care of you myself, Kaernan seems to thnk his surgeons could do a better job. I guess having a concussion doesn’t make me a very good surgeon at the moment.”

Her voice still sounded a bit shaky so she cleared her throat.

“Kaernan wants to speak with you when you’re up for it. Oh, and Allen didn’t sound very pleased that we were taken away. I kinda caught that from the emergency vehicle as we were driving away.”

Her voice got low and shaky with tears and she despised that but there was little she could do.

“Damn it, Alecsi! Will you please stop getting shot up. I thought you were a goner this time. You lost a lot of blood and it was touch and go for there for awhile. Thank heavens for Kaernan and his men.”

She ran her fingers through her still damp hair as she stared at him. Even her fingers felt unsteady.

Alecsi damn near growled when the bathroom door opened, Sam's scent flowing around him, fresh, clean, watching her as she toweled off her hair, leaving her hair wild and untamed, his eyes traveled over her as she approached him, the touch of her hand on his bare chest like lightning as she gently pushed him back on the bed "Shhhh. Don’t talk. Save your strength. You were shot, multiple times." he couldnt help but smile at the concern in her voice, the sincerity, it sent warmth through him, she cared he was hurt, watching as her eyes traveled over the multiple bandages he ran his hands down his chest, gripping the edge of the bandage across his side he peeled it away, revealing smooth skin, only a faint pink line remained where one of the gun shot wounds once had been, his voice was a deep rumble, quiet "i heal fast babe" he growled lightly, his eyes meeting hers, watching them widen in surprise "Perks of a fast metabolism" he smiled slightly, catching her hand in his as she tried to pull her hand back, brushing his fingers across hers as he held her hand, "Thank heavens for Kaernan and his men. He got us out of those assholes’ clenches and brought us here to the Raven compound Alecsi sighed as he brought Sam's hand to his lips, lightly brushing a kiss across her knuckles, nose flaring as he inhaled her scent, his body growing hard beneath the blanket

"Yea, i wasnt sure how i was going to get out us out of that one for a moment" he admitted, but a smile twitched the edge of his lips as she pulled her hand away from his, he watched tears fill her eyes, before he jumped in shock as she smacked him across the stomach, not enough to hurt but he could see how upset she was,
Damn it, Alecsi! Will you please stop getting shot up. I thought you were a goner this time. You lost a lot of blood and it was touch and go for there for awhile his muscles screamed as he sat up, but he shifted to sit on the edge of the bed, cupping her cheek in his warm palm, brushing away her tears as his eyes searched hers "Heyyyyy, shhhhhhh its ok" he crooned gently, unable to stop himself from running his hand through her hair, cupping the back of her head gently as he stared at her "its ok Sam, it takes more then a few bullets to kill me" he tried to smile, make it a joke "if you honestly knew how many times id been shot by the drug smugglers, " he'd been trying to be funny, but she saw the flare of anger in her eyes at the fact he was trying to so casually brush it off, good, he liked seeing that fire, seeing her upset made something in his chest Pang. the hand in her hair idly teased the back of her neck, massaging, the air between them growing heavy, his eyes falling to her lips "Im ok, im ok Sam." he slipped to his knees before her, the bedsheet falling away, leaving him bare, naked before her, his body hard for her, his voice was low, a soothing pur, with a hint of desire lacing his words "we'll be ok" before he lost his nerve, he used the grip on her neck to pull her down, pressing his lips to hers, needing to taste her lips, kissing her deeply

Last edited:
She wanted to argue with him, she really did but he was making that difficult. His crooning in her ear, the heat of him radiating out to her, the reassurance that he was going to be okay after all. It was almost too much for her. She knew he healed fast, she had seen it herself but he still didn’t understand how close to dying he came. She was about to tell him about the blood transfusions but he coaxed her to kneeling on the floor with him and she felt his lips pressed against hers. In that moment, her brain went on the fritz. It simply short-circuited. She found herself kissing him back, her hands pressed against his chest. She moaned low in her throat. Her fingers curled, raking down his chest. She became aware of the fact that he was stark naked before her.

Damn, it Alecsi! Don’t do this to me. Here. Now. In this place, she thought.

Maybe it was the gods on her side. Maybe it was simply bad timing. Or good, however someone wanted to look at it. There came a sharp rap on the closed door of Alecsi’s room. The sound was strong and echoed in the room, startling her to tear her mouth from his and scramble to her feet.

“Give us…” her voice sounded weak and she cleared her throat and tried again.

“Just a moment please.”

Sam turned toward the window, adjusting her clothing. She could hear Alecsi rustling around behind her.

“I’m sorry to bother you, but I need to speak with Alecsi.”

The voice belonged to Kaernan. Sam’s hand came up to cover her face with a wry chuckle. Good heavens, the spark between Alecsi and herself… well, when it got the chance to ignite, they both were going to be in trouble.

Last edited:
Alecsi felt her resistance crumble as she began to enthusiastically kiss him back, the feeling of her nails raking down his chest caused a low purr to quake through his chest, and he knew she felt it by the hitch in her breath as their kiss broke, her scent grew heavy in the air and his whole body twitched with need, but it was the knock on the door that really got his hackles up. He heard Sam reply, her voice shakey, and was on the cusp of telling whoever it was to Fuck off so he could fuck his woman, when the door opened I’m sorry to bother you, but I need to speak with Alecsi. The Snarl that erupted from Alecsi's mouth richoceted around the room, a snarl that would make any creature within 4 miles flee in terror as Fur rippled down his arms, and Alecsi fought hard to keep from completely shifting as Kaernan walked in. "GET OUT!!!!!!!" he roared, a full throated Panther scream following the words, his eyes bleeding a deep red as they shifted to his cat's eyes, he felt his teeth shift, his fangs digging into his lip, his body trembled, he was soo close to shifting, attacking the male who dared enter his room while his female was there

Kaernan just crossed his arms and gave Alecsi an arched brow, something that only riled him up farther, his fingers flexing, the tingling sensation as fur sprouted down his arms, oh yea, he didnt care, he was going to kill Kaernan, but the soft hand on his back froze him solid
Aleci stop, those two words from Sam, froze him on the spot, his chest heaving he closed his eyes, her touch and those simple words allowed him to regain control and the fur that had started to sprout receeded as did his fangs, and he just breathed, the subtle rubbing of her hands forcing his anger back, "Im.............sorry..........damn it......." he panted, swallowing hard before he opened his eyes to look at a smirking Kaernan,
"give me a second to find some clothes, ill be out in a minute" Alecsi growled, watching as Kaernan just turned his back and walked out, but the scent of the avians amusement floated to him and he cursed "Fucker did that on purpose" his eyes swung back to Sam, Still the glowing red of his cat, pupils narrowed to slits as he watched her trying to straighten her clothes, that flushed look so fucking hot on her, "Youre ok?" he asked gently, before watching her nod, his eyes falling to her lips before he shook himself and looked around spotting a pair of sweatpants tossed over the back of a chair, he slipped them on, as he walked past Sam he weaved a hand into her possessively and kissed her Hard, her gasp of shock allowing him to thrust his tongue into her mouth, owning it, before he pulled back, his gaze a silent promise "Ill be back"

He prowled out of their suite, following Kaernans scent down the hall he found the man sitting behind desk in what he assumed was his office, the Raven looked up, still smirking
sorry about that he said, and Alecsi just deadpan glared at him "No youre not" he quipped back, Kaernan laughed, then sobered They found you way too fast Alecsi, while i trust your instincts that you werent followed to Sam's house, finding you at the diner, attacking police in broad daylight is bold, even for them Kaernan stated simply, and Alecsi sank into the chair across from him, frowning "what are you saying? someone told them where to find us?" Kaernan sighed and rubbed his face im saying its looking more likely, think about it feline, they are well organized, but in this city, finding one person so quickly who is hiding? or trying to, what are the real odds? Alecsi looked away, his gaze looking out at the forests the compound was surrounded by, he hated that Kaernan had a point, that was way to fast, "What about someone in the police department? could they have leaked it to someone? surely theyve gotta have a few bad apples" Kaernan shrugged, and nodded in response maybe, we are looking into it, a few of my deputies are asking around the department, youve been in contact with your cousins i assume? Alecsi glared at Kaernan "i dont like your tone, " he sighed '"Sam made the same comment to me, but i just cant believe it" his shoulders slumped

Alecsi and Kaernan spent the next hour just throwing around Ideas, and Kaernan promised to continue looking into the Cartel and possible connections with the Police, but didnt rule out maybe trying to dig into Alecsi's family's connections either. Sighing Alecsi returned to their suite, finding Sam sitting by the window with a book "Hey, " he said quietly "i need to go for a run, burn off some pent up steam, wanna come with?" he asked, smiling gently "you can ride on my back, since i know youre too slow to keep up" he taunted

"Hey, " he said quietly, "I need to go for a run, burn off some pent up steam, wanna come with?" he asked, smiling gently "you can ride on my back, since I know you’re too slow to keep up," he taunted.

She looked up upon hearing his voice, her eyebrow arching as she slowly closed her book.

“I think I’ll pass, Alecsi, but thank you for the offer.”

She got slowly to her feet, setting the book gently in the chair as she faced him. She wasn’t about to explain that riding him, regardless of the form it took, was just too much for her right now.

“I think I’ll go explore the compound while you’re out and about.”

She needed to clear her head a bit. The man was more potent than a Chippendale stripper. She needed to clear her head. Some things were just not adding up in her head. She knew that he was being adamant about his family not being involved but there were just too many questions and not enough viable answers. She started past him, her mind lost in thought.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

“What do you mean they got away?!”

A low growl turned into a full blown snarl.

“We had them dead to rights but then, those Ravens showed up and carting them away. The woman was being protected by Alecsi. He took several bullets. I’m not sure he’s going to make it. He was bleeding all over the place. He might be able to heal himself but his wounds were pretty great.”

“You better hope he doesn’t make it or else you’re the next dead man. Now clear out and don’t come back unless you have news. One way or the other.”

A quick nod and the man who was shaking in his boots and had probably pissed himself, couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

Last edited:
Back