The future is dense, walkable cities.

The rest of the United States. Is that clear enough for your simpleton brain?

Do you simply not get math?

CA and democratic states contribute more to the economy than republican states. There are many examples of this.

Nine of the ten states that award the most patents are Democratic states. We have the brains, the money, and the ability. On average blue states are engines, Red states on average are a load.

CA and democratic states contribute more to the economy than republican states.

Nine of the ten states that award the most patents are Democratic states. We have the brains, the money, and the ability. Red states on average are a load.
Sure sure, that's why Tennessee's economy is exploding it's growing so fast. How many REAL new jobs did you add last year? Tennessee added 450,000. How's that state income tax working for you? We don't have one and yet we have a state budget surplus. Over $7 a gallon gasoline? No thanks, we bounce between just under $3 and up to $3.40 a gallon. Inflated real estate values? California leads in that department for damn sure. The average house here is far less than a half a million dollars. How about you give up all the military bases and the accompanying money and see where you stand economically, oh and add defense contractors to that too.

CA and democratic states contribute more to the economy than republican states. There are many examples of this.

Nine of the ten states that award the most patents are Democratic states. We have the brains, the money, and the ability. On average blue states are engines, Red states on average are a load.
You miss the difference between making wealth and taking wealth. Taking a cut of trade passing through ports doesn't make wealth. Billionaires residing in CA while their products are made in Asia move some of that wealth to CA. They don't make that wealth in CA. Plenty of food is grown there, but with water, fertilizer, and fuel from other states and nations. Without the cheap energy to run global trade, most of the blue states are fucked. CA is much more severely fucked as it loses water.

Sure sure, that's why Tennessee's economy is exploding it's growing so fast. How many REAL new jobs did you add last year? Tennessee added 450,000. How's that state income tax working for you? We don't have one and yet we have a state budget surplus. Over $7 a gallon gasoline? No thanks, we bounce between just under $3 and up to $3.40 a gallon. Inflated real estate values? California leads in that department for damn sure. The average house here is far less than a half a million dollars. How about you give up all the military bases and the accompanying money and see where you stand economically, oh and add defense contractors to that too.

Military spending only accounts for 4.7 percent of CA’s GDP. Still kicking ass without it. 😉

https://militarycouncil.ca.gov/wp-c...81/2022/10/2022_California_Statewide_MEIS.pdf

California has a big problem with real estate prices because too many people want to invest here. ✅

Are they protected bike lanes or just paint? Unless there are physical barriers to prevent drivers from swerving into them, they’re dangerous and should be avoided.
There's not much danger of being run down here. It's not like we are inundated with traffic, but inside the city limits, along with their lanes, the sidewalks and very wide, very new and modern and very bike friendly with ramps in the curbing.

Just happened to spot this while browsing.

Think the OP-and others-are being overly optimistic.

There is no future, this world has ten years left before we either nuke it to oblivion or mother nature says, "Yeah, I'm done with you roaches" and wipes us out.

I like my suburb with its variety of houses. I am a bit sad to know most of the architecture here will be abandoned and demolished. But I won't shed a tear for the trailer parks, tract houses, McMansions, suburban apartment blocks, and worst of the worst, suburban apartment towers.

Waiting for a doctor's appointment, I read an article about caregivers for dementia patients in Reader's Digest.

The article I read highlighted an innovative approach to support caregivers. In some locations, these unsung heroes are being recognized as stressed out, and unique spaces resembling coffee shops are being set up for them. These places serve as a gathering spot, offering a much-needed break from their daily stresses—a mental respite for them.

So, city planners might want to consider an oasis of that type in your cities—just food for thought.

Back