"The Forgotten": A post-apocalyptic tale

Ty and Rita:

Rita nodded confirmation of Ty's order to go see the doctor regarding her wound, grasped his arm with one hand, and with the index of the other hand wrote her response: A.T.F.E.R. She looked to past his goggles to his eyes for understanding, then suddenly realized that in the excitement of all that was happening, she'd spelled it wrong. She ran the fingers of her free hand over his arm as if erasing her error and spelled the word correctly, shrugging to end the exchange.

She mostly just stood back and watched as Ty rummaged through the cabinet. Seeing everything waft through the water to the floor caused her some anxiety; Rita was pretty sure that the man hadn't intended that, but it wasn't as if they dealt with these sorts of situations every day.

Honestly, though, maybe Ty had. Rita knew he'd been in the Marines prior to Space Force and, obviously, the bunker. She knew virtually nothing about what the various branches of the military did. She hadn't been a current events kind of girl growing up, the daughter of pacifist parents who didn't watch television and only listened to radio -- and later internet -- programming that shied away from reports of the violence plaguing the world. Oh, she wasn't naive about such things; Rita knew and understood the horrors out there in the world. She simply didn't spend time each day keeping up on who was killing whom over what limited resource or ideology.

Soon, Rita's arms were filled with boxes of whatever Ty thought was important. When gestured to depart the room, she tried to swim but found that the weight was overwhelming. She returned to her feet, leaned forward as if fighting a hurricane force wind, and let the gravity that was trying to pull her downward propel her forward with her bare feet taking careful steps across the tile.

At the stairwell again, Rita rearranged the boxes so that she could support them in one arm, drew another couple of deep breaths, and spit out the mouthpiece. With her free hand, she grasped the stair's handrail and began walking up. It was slow and torturous, not because she was becoming short of air but because she so badly didn't want to fail Ty by dropping any of what he given her.

As her head popped out of the water and she caught sight of Marcia sitting on the steps with a midpoint of the air hoses in her hands, Rita gasped for breath and said, "Take these! Hurry, before I lose them!"

The cook jumped into action, securing the load about the time that Ty arrived and immediately ordered, “Doctor. Now.”

"What happened?" Marcia inquired, adding with concern, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Rita tried to say with a convincing tone. "I just cut myself a little bit."

The young thing turned a bit, flashing her thigh at the cook. Marcia's eyes and mouth opened wide as she exclaimed, "Jesus!"

Rita looked down to discover the reason for the other woman's excitement. The cold-as-fuck water had hidden the true extent of the damage: a six- or seven-inch-long laceration that was now bleeding all down the side of Rita's legs. As she looked up to Marcia, then Ty, all the now panicked Rita could say was, "Oh..."

"C'm'on, girl, you're coming with me," Marcia said, grabbing the other woman and urging her up the stairs.

Halfway up the first flight, while still within Ty's line of sight, Rita looked back over her shoulder, smiled, and said with a happy tone, "Good working with you again, Lieutenant. See you soon?"

Marcia couldn't help but laugh as she hurried the both of them upwards. More to herself than to Rita, she said, "Jesus, girl. What goes on in that pretty little head of yours, I just don't know."

"I'm going to give my virginity to Lieutenant Collins tonight," Rita said with a matter-of-fact tone.

Marcia stopped them suddenly, looking the other woman in the face. Rita only smiled wide to her. Again, they started up the stairs as the cook pointed out, "Not if you bleed to death first."

As they continued up the several flights, Rita was suddenly recounting her encounter with Ty in the showers, where he'd fingered her to the greatest orgasm of her life; and afterwards, when she'd initiated a titty fuck and pearl necklace while Ty was sitting on her bed and she was on her knees before him.

Again, Marcia couldn't help but laugh. "Titty fuck ... pearl necklace? I'm shocked you even know those terms."

"I learned them," Rita said proudly, "at university."

"And yet you're still a virgin today," Marcia pointed out. "Amazing."

They arrived at the Infirmary just as Leslie -- now up and about -- was putting the transfer container of Greg's semen into a container of liquid nitrogen; Alice -- standing nearby and again wearing latex gloves -- caught sight of the bloodied Rita and called out, "What the fuck happened to you?"

As Marcia and Alice got the youngest of the women to a chair and began tending to her wound, Rita told all about the adventure she and Ty had had with a joy that showed no fear about what could have happened. Leslie joined them, telling Rita she needed stitches and retrieving what she needed to get the job done.

"I'm going to give my virginity to Lieutenant Collins tonight," Rita once again blurted out as if telling them that she was going to the fair or taking a trip to the mall to buy a new dress. This time, though, her face filled with horror as the other three women looked between one another with knowing expressions. Rita looked to the Doctor, who had paused in her first aid a moment before returning to her work, and told her with a sincere tone, "Oh, Leslie ... I'm sorry. I ... I didn't mean to ... I mean--"

"It's alright, Rita," Ty's lover responded. "The Lieutenant and I..." Leslie glanced up at Alice, then Marcia, and said, "Really, I'd rather not talk about this right now."

The room went eerily quiet, the silence broken when Leslie asked, "How about y'all leave me alone with my patient."

Alice and Marcia departed, leaving the other two women to the work at hand. Again, there was silence for the longest time as Leslie sewed up Rita's wound. The Doctor told her, "I'm using small, precise stitches. You'll hardly even notice the scar after it's fully healed." She glanced up at Rita, smiling as she said, "You're too pretty a girl to have a big ugly scar."

"Thank you," Rita said, smiling and blushing. The joy faded, and she again apologized, "I'm sorry ... you know, about Ty. I can ... you know, not have sexual intercourse with--"

"No!" Leslie cut her Rita off, looking her directly in the eyes. She considered her words a moment, then said, "I want your first time to be special. Ty will make it special. I'm sure of it. I trust him to treat you the way you deserve to be treated." She hesitated a moment, then -- with a feigned tone of sincerity -- said, "Besides, I'm planning on taking a run at our new male. I mean, doncha just love that accent? I get wet just listening to him talk."

Rita didn't know how to react to this, so she simply kept quiet and continued grimacing through the stitching of her thigh. From what she'd heard and seen, Leslie was very much in love with Ty, even if they'd only been a thing for a handful of days. Rita didn't believe for a moment that her fucking Kirk was as casual a thing to do as Leslie was making it out to be.

But if it meant that the Doctor was fine with her opening her thighs -- one injured, one not -- to the gorgeous hunk of a Lieutenant, then Rita was more than willing to take Leslie's words at face value.

"Done," the Doctor announced as she applied a bandage and taped it in place. "Now, you need to stay off of it for a couple of days. Let it heal." She hesitated, recalling the virgin's earlier proclamation, then warned, "No sex! Not tonight. You've been saving yourself for, what, 21 years?"

"22," Rita corrected. "I'll be 23 in--"

"Point is," Leslie interrupted, "if you want your first time to be the best, it can't be while your leg is bleeding all over your mattress. Delay this for a couple of days. Ty isn't going anywhere. He's stuck down here like the rest of us."

They talked more about Rita's wound before she headed out to find Ty and see if there was anything more he needed from her, despite Leslie telling her as she left, "Straight to your room, little girl. Get off your feet."

"Yes, Doc," Rita confirmed, knowing full well that she wasn't going to do as told. If Ty needed help, she was going to offer it; if he didn't, then she might go to her room ... and masturbate.

Ty:
Once he knew for certain that Kirk had the immediate parts he needed Ty went back and collected all the boards that had fallen to the floor between the water and Kirk.

“If you need me, just call out.” Ty said. “I’m gonna check on Rita. Make sure she went to see the Doctor.”

Kirk lifted an eyebrow as he looked at The Lieutenant. “With or without pants?” he asked.

Looking down at himself, Ty chuckled. “With,” he admitted. “I’ll grab them on the way up.”

“Ok,” Kirk replied. “Are you and her.. attached?”

“Attached? Oh, no. She’s… a virgin.” Ty told the man. “And until she changes her mind about that, she’ll stay that way. Yes?”

“Yeah. Unlike a great many men, I have respect for the ladies. And unless I’m wrong, so do you.”

“Respect is best.” Ty admitted.

“We’ll talk more later, L.T. I need to fix this.” Kirk told the man as he went back to work.

Grabbing his pants as he went up the steps he encountered Rita. After confirming her medical status and seeing the stitches he affirmed the Doctor’s statements of relaxation. “Comply with Doctor’s order’s, and I will be asking to see what those were.. Doctor. And I’ve seen my fair share of injuries, so my guess is. Stay off the leg for a day or two minimum. Possibly three days for bet results. No lifting weights, no running, minimal exercise for a week until the stitches come out. Yes?”

2130 Hrs
Well they had the repairs done, and everyone as in quarters sleeping. Everyone except Lieutenant Tyrande, Captain Alice, and Doctor Leslie.

2200 Hrs
Walking up to Greg Ty spoke. “Please, give me an excuse to beat your ass before you go into a Cryo-tank.”

Spitting in the Lt’s face Greg sneered at him. “Yeah, take your orders from a woman. Did she tell you about what she did to me? She’s not as high and upright as she claims.”

Grabbing the Junior Officers jaw, Ty leaned in and glared at him. “I don’t care if she shoved her fist up your ass and wriggled her fingers against your balls from the inside. She’s the one keeping you alive. So be thankful. If it was my choice, you be castrated. Have a final meal of spineless pig balls, and then you’d die.”

“You’re no better than me, you sick Prima….” The Prisoner started before Ty punched him in the stomach hard enough to knock the wind out of him.

With Young temporarily immobilized Ty shifted the man's restraints from the pipe to behind his back. Making the trip quicker and less problematic. Once at the Cry-tanks he put The Prisoner in Adeline’'s tank, a fitting place he figured. Where his crime was committed, he was now imprisoned. The Doctor sedated him while he was still groggy from the punch and then went through the medical aspect of the procedure. Making meticulous care that the dosages were exact according to the specifications Alaina had provided her with, and Adeline had confirmed.

Minutes later and the tank was pressurized. Sealing the Senior Airman – Prisoner – Gregory Young for another century or more.

Pulling a marker from a pocket Ty wrote on the case. “Senior Airman Gregory Young. Prisoner. Rapist. Do NOT open.”

Looking over at the Captain, he Saluted her. “Prisoner Young is in stasis. God have mercy on his soul. Because I won’t.”

Alice, Leslie, and Ty, putting Greg back into stasis:

Alice found her heart pounding from anxiety when she, Leslie, and Ty descended from the Infirmary to deal with Greg. She'd never had to discipline a subordinate like this during her career with either the Air Force or the Space Force. She was literally putting a man into the most extreme form of solitary confinement and essentially putting him to death since -- if he ever was again -- the Airman's next reanimation would likely be for his summary execution.

Despite knowing what his fate was, Greg simply couldn't keep his mouth shut. Honestly, though, Alice might have spoken up with anger as he did if it had been her heading for an indeterminate stay in stasis. Ty dealt with Greg in what even Alice saw as an appropriate manner, punching him hard enough in the face and belly to shut him up for the rest of the event.

She did consider what the man said about a female being in charge, though. Western Civilization had come a long way in the 19th and 20th centuries with regards to gender equality, though, there had still been a long way to go. The government and military had still been an old white man's world, but things had improved in the last years before Alice and the others had entered stasis and lost a century and a half.

The US had had not only its first female president in 2032 but 8 years -- just months before Alice had entered stasis -- had its first lesbian President as well; the latter had been an Independent, too, marking the first time a Third-Party candidate had reached the highest office in the land.

The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution guaranteed certain abortion rights to all women, citizen or not, across all states. A new Presidential Cabinet level Department had been created to enforce equal opportunity laws, which had helped not only women but minorities of all walks of life. And so much more. But as Alice thought to herself now, it had still been an old white man's world in so many ways.

Dealing with Greg after Ty's attitude adjustment was far easier than Alice had expected. Once he was in the pod, and Leslie had given him a sedative, Alice told him, "Senior Airman Young, you are being returned to suspended animation for the sexual assault of Adeline Legrand. You will remain in stasis indefinitely, to be released only if one of the following occurs..."

Alice hesitated to look at a small computer tablet she'd brought with her. She read, "My determination is overruled by a more senior officer from the United States Space Force; the Community elects a civilian government that, in turn, determines that my summary sentencing is a violation of your rights and decides you deserve a trial; or, in the case of further systems failures, we need to reanimate you for movement to a new location."

She was going to ask Greg if he understood what she'd told him, but she could see that the sedative had him almost as immobilized as the drugs she'd given him earlier in the day. Alice looked to her Head of Security, gesturing him to continue. Ty sealed and pressurized the tank, labeled it appropriately, and saluted her, saying, “Prisoner Young is in stasis. God have mercy on his soul. Because I won’t.”

Alice returned the salute, gave the now unconscious Airman a look through the pod's transparent top, then flicked off the unit's interior lighting. Just loud enough for the others to hear, she murmured, "Good riddance." Looking to Ty, then Leslie, then her wristwatch, Alice said, "Okay, well ... it's late. Good night, Doctor. Good night, Lieutenant."

She gave the pod one last glance, then headed for the stairwell and, ultimately, her bed for a badly needed, good night's sleep.

Behind her, Leslie stepped closer to Ty, looking up into his eyes with a hopeful look. "Would you like to sleep with me tonight?"

Ty and Leslie:
"Would you like to sleep with me tonight?"

“Yeah,” Ty replied pulling her close and giving her a hug. “I think we both need to understand that he’s done with. And well... I don’t know how to say it.”

How could he explain how much that man revolted him. Young could have been a cannibal, or a murderer and it wouldn’t have bothered him as much. He wanted Leslie to know that he could ever treat her, or any other female the way that the Prisoner had treated Adeline. Rape was usually about power, or self-rage. But Greg.. Greg was something different. Greg was about disrespect, hatred for females. Probably ingrained from his parents. He’d check Greg’s file… Correction.. he’d check the Prisoner’s file in the morning. The complete un-redacted version. He’d get the Captain’s codes so they could both go over it and see if anyone could have seen this coming.

Picking up Leslie, he carried her to her room. And after peeling her clothing from her in the slowest and most erotic way he could think of he made love to her. Long slow teasing passionate love.

Afterwards, he stayed, holding her. He felt that she needed this more than the sex, but the sex was great as always. Maybe he just needed this to prove to himself he wasn’t a vile sadistic monster. That he was more than just a licensed weaponized killer.

Ty and Leslie:

Leslie felt so safe in Ty's arms, before and after he undressed her. Once they made it to her bed, rather than fucking her, he made love to her. It wouldn't have made a difference to her if she didn't achieve orgasm on this night. Just being here with Ty like this would have been enough.

Still, Leslie did cum twice before she rolled to her side and fell asleep with Ty spooning her. Her last thought, though, was of how sometime in the very near future, he would be treating to the plant girl to this wonderful experience. Curiously, Leslie was conflicted regarding her feelings on this. She'd conceded that Ty was going to fuck other bunker mates, even telling him that she was okay with it. Yet she still hoped that if he was capable of falling in love again, it would be with her and her alone.

Day 14 (3 days later):

(The bunker)

Alice found it interesting how when someone you never wanted to think of again was absent, you couldn't help but think of them often. Greg had been returned to stasis 3 days ago and would no longer play a part in the lives of the community. And yet Alice couldn't get him out of her mind. The bastard had made a lasting impact on the others, not only for his rape of Adeline while she was still in stasis but for impregnating her as well.

The French woman wasn't the only female in the bunker who'd achieved the previously unknown goals of the Garden of Eden Program, though. Doctor Leslie Hawkins, while performing mandated physical checkups of all of the walking, talking inhabitants, had discovered that she, too, was pregnant.

She hadn't yet told anyone about her condition, though, particularly the father, Lieutenant Tyrande Collins. She didn't know how he would react. The two of them had spent more nights together in bed than out of it, but they weren't a monogamous couple; Ty had his other dalliances -- sexual relationships that had occurred, were occurring, or soon would -- and Leslie had approved of them, reluctantly so.

The last thing Leslie wanted was for Ty to think that she'd allowed herself to become pregnant in an attempt to further encourage a one-to-one relationship. Just the opposite, she'd contemplated ending the pregnancy with the simple application of pharmaceuticals with which the facility's Administrators had stocked the Infirmary. (She'd found it ironic that the Garden of Eden Program folk had nixed condoms, the pill, etc., from the inventory and yet had stocked it with various versions of the morning after pill.)

It was the topic of pregnancy prevention that had Leslie talking to Rita this morning. The plant girl had left the morning breakfast meeting and come to the Infirmary for her twice-daily leg injury checkup. Leslie carefully peeled back the bandage, cleaned the wound with alcohol, and told her with humor, "You're fine. Get back to work, you lazy cuss."

"Thanks, Doc," Rita said with obvious joy; Alice had been monitoring her movements via the bunker's AI, and every time she'd attempted to sneak up to the Hort Lab to check on her plants, Bertha had tattled on her. "I'm so sick and tired of sitting around and reading or watching television in the berthing area's lounge."

The two were silent as Leslie taped another bandage in place to keep the wound clean. When the Doc stood tall to look the younger woman in place, they just stared at one another with knowing expressions. Finally, Leslie asked, "Where are you in your cycle, Rita?"

Rita's mind was so full of thoughts about what she wanted to say or ask regarding her planned interaction with the other woman's lover than she didn't immediately realize that Leslie was asking about her menstruation cycle. When it finally came to her, she diverted her eyes and blushed a fiery red. Eventually, she said softly, "I'm ... I'm not sure, actually."

"That's not surprising," Leslie informed her. She spoke a moment on how the suspended animation process hadn't interrupted cycles but had, in some cases, thrown them off kilter.

"Prenez-moi par exemple," Adeline said in her native French as she entered the Infirmary right on cue. She repeated her words in English, "Take me for example. I went into stasis while ovulating and now I'm having a baby." She pointed a finger directly at Rita, saying with a comically accusing tone, "That could happen to you, mon ami."

Adeline glanced between the two women with an expression bordering on awkward before saying, "I hope I am not speaking out of turn."

"No ... no, not at all," Leslie said. She looked to Rita with a reassuring, though somewhat feigned smile. "No, I've told Rita that I'm happy for her with regards to having her first sexual experience with Ty."

Rita laughed, once again turning red. She didn't know whether or not Leslie knew that she and Ty had already had their first sexual encounter -- encounters, plural -- a few nights earlier in the shower and in her own bedroom. Sure, they hadn't had intercourse yet; Rita was still very much a virgin in that respect. But she had experienced orgasm at the working of the man's skilled fingertips upon her clit, and she had driven Ty to orgasm with a very erotic titty fuck. Still, her pussy was yet to experience the intrusion of a man's cock upon it ... into it.

"Alice needs you," Adeline said, quickly shifting the topic as she looked to Rita and added, "She's in the Hort Lab. She told me to tell you that if you were cleared by the Doc, you could come up and fix everything she'd screwed up in your absence."

"What...?" Rita asked with panic. "Screwed up what?"
"I'm sure the Captain was joking, but..."

Rita was already on her feet, heading for the door as she called back, "Thanks, Doc."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::​

In the Horticulture Laboratory, Alice reviewed all she and some of the others had been doing over the past 72 hours during Rita's forced absence. The plant girl found very little wrong, relieving her of her previous panic; she adjusted some water, illumination, and heat settings, but other than that was totally satisfied.

"Okay, well, I have a meeting to get to," Alice said, leaving the girl behind to tend to the crops.

Alice asked Bertha for Kirk's location, then -- believing he wasn't too invested in a task -- asked him to come to her newly established office. Originally, she'd intended to put up some makeshift walls in one corner of the Monitoring Station on Level 1, but with all the constant activity there, Alice had found it too much of a distraction.

Instead, they'd cleared out a storage room in one corner of the Saloon and moved a desk and other office-like needs into it. It was smallish, only 10 feet by 8, but Alice didn't really need more room than that. She really only wanted a place where she could have quiet when she needed it and talk privately with people when necessary.

That moment was now, with Kirk. When he arrived, she had two mugs of coffee waiting, as well as a small platter of some of Marcia's fresh pastries. (They were very pretty but not overly sweet, as they'd recently learned that the sugar supply was more limited than they'd previously thought and were rationing it. Alice had gone back to black coffee, which was turning out to be a hell of a reluctant adjustment.)

"So, how's your work going, Kirk," she asked, using his given name as opposed to his surname or Doctor, which the PhD recipient was four times over. He talked about his work for a while; she understood the generalities of what Kirk said but the depth of it was over her head in so many ways. "Is there anything more you need that you aren't already getting? More personnel...? More tools or supplies? I'm sure there are storage lockers filled with all kinds of goodies down below the water line that Ty and Rita could dig into."

They talked a bit more, and after a silence had come to them for a long moment, Alice got to the true purpose for calling Kirk to her little private space. She talked about her being the leader of the Community and about how it came with professional responsibilities that affected her private activities. She studied Kirk's reaction and was fairly sure by his expression and body language that maybe he knew where this was going ... at least, she hoped!

"What I'm getting at is this, Kirk," she said, considering her words before she continued. "There are certain aspects of my life here -- in this facility, in this community -- that I would prefer remained ... private. I, um ... like the others ... I have certain needs ... wants ... and ... if I thought you would be interested in ... exploring those with me..."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marcia was finishing up some prep work for the day's lunch in the kitchen, a dozen yards away from where Alice was essentially asking the newest male member of the community if he was interested in fulfilling her sexual desires. Adeline came in, complimenting her on that morning's breakfast before moving up against the cook, slipping an arm around her waist, and pressing their mouths together in a soft but erotic kiss.

"I very much enjoyed what you did to me last night," the French woman purred, clarifying, "You know, that thing with the tongue-finger combination."

Marcia laughed, slapped the other woman on the ass, and corrected, "That wasn't me, silly! That was Alaina!"

The two looked at each other a moment, then cracked up laughing. Adeline pointed out, "Well, it was dark!"

As Marcia returned to her work and Adeline fetched a cup of tea, the latter asked, "So, Alaina ... she didn't come to your room one night. And I checked on her. She wasn't in her room either. Or at her keyboard. Where do you think she was?"

The two women looked at each other with knowing expressions. Even though Alaina hadn't said anything to them about it, they both were pretty sure that the third woman was entertaining one of the bunker's two cocks with her pussy between evenings spent enjoying either of their skilled tongues on said womanly feature. Oh, they didn't mind, of course; everyone was having fun and that was all that mattered. Still, they were women, and women were supposed to gossip.

"Don't know," was all Marcia said before smirking and heading out to the Saloon to set up for lunch.

Adeline and Alaina:

Three days ago, Alaina had sent a response to the Tweet they'd picked up from one of the many satellites they'd discovered still passing overhead. They'd been anxiously awaiting a reply, and getting nothing after so long, they'd begun to wonder if maybe there was nothing to it at all.

Then finally, while Alaina and Adeline were sitting nearby chatting -- and flirting a bit, too -- a tone sounded from the computer console at which the hacker had been spending so much time over the last week. Adeline was closest at the moment and rolled her chair up to the specific monitor showing the message.

"Oh mon dieu," she said with excitement. "She responded ... Ella ... she responded."

Tapping a keyboard button, Adeline sent the message up to the main screen that dominated the wall before them. On it, the Tweet said: Happy to meet you! Seashore=Norway. Pop. 122. We have fish, goats, chickens, steel, salvage. Need lumber, cloth. If close, will you trade?

"Norway," Adeline mused, reading the message again. She pushed back from the console, giving way to Alaina should she need or want to do something at the keyboard. "We have to tell Alice about this."

Kirk:
“The work is going fine considering the systems were never designed to go past the hundred year mark. Add the Earthquake and flooding, and well I’m surprised anyone is alive. If possible I would like any tools or spare parts brought up to the maintenance bay, they way we can see what we have and what’s salvageable. I’d also like to cannibalize the submerged pods for any recoverable parts.”

“Including any clothes or cleaning supplies that are water and airtight.”

When she started talking about personal and professional lives he wondered if she was shooting him down as politely as she could. When she finally got to the point he raised an eyebrow. Ah, not a shoot down, but an offer of quiet alliance. At lest at night behind closed -locked – doors.

“If it makes it any easier, I’m not United States Military. Nor am I affiliated with them. I’m a British National with British Military training. Technically I’m not sure I fall under your command. I’m a civilian. No, I’m not want to buck the system and rebel against you. I never made it far in the military cause I don’t like being in ’command’. Just giving you a moral and ethical out. As for being discreet. I don’t kiss and tell. And I’d be delighted to explore, anytime you want.”

“Oh, and my friends call me Mack. Or Loch,” he told her though it sounds like Loch from Loch Ness Monster. “My middle name is Lachlan,” he told her pronouncing it more as Lock Lin.

Alaina:
"We have to tell Alice about this."

“Slow your roll White Ranger,” Alaina said as she pulled up sat images they’d managed to pull from the satellites. Granted they were shit and sporadic. The orbital positioning of the satellites only allowed a small window for her to upload code and download images. So it was like building a jigsaw puzzle and you only got two images a day.

“Lets see if we can find her village and confirm it’s location and size first. Help me find what’s left of Norway.”

Two hours fourteen minutes it took to locate images of Norway. Or at least what might be Norway. And then another ninety-three minutes to find what might be a village. But it was to late to have the sat get a new image of that location. Another thirty to write the up-link code to take pictures on it’s next pass, and they should have better pictures tomorrow. FUCK!!!!!

But she’d also managed to finish capturing all of the satellites code with this last pass, so now she could start fixing – re-writing – it.

Looking over at Adeline Alaina sighed. “Go ahead and tell her. And make sure you inform her we might have found the village. Might. Not have. Not did. Might have.” She completely understood the enthusiasm for good new, God knew they needed it.

Ty:
With things dead in the trouble zones, and MacFerguson taking over technical repairs. Ty was able to return to exercising, and teaching the ladies starter motions of self-defense. How to notice things, paying attention to subtle clues, body language. And hand grabs and throws, and how to minimize damage if thrown.

Last edited:
Adeline and Alaina:

“Let's see if we can find her village..." Alaina said, beginning a task that would take the two of them hours to complete, eventually concluding with the hacker saying, “Go ahead and tell her."

Adeline hopped up from her chair, grasped Alaina's head in her hands, and gave her a wet kiss before heading out excitedly.

Alice and Kirk, minutes earlier:

Kirk's suggestion that they salvage all they could from both levels already underwater and those that could be threatened made sense. She told him, "I'll issue an order for salvage operations at dinner. I'll leave the specifics to you and Lieutenant Collins. You can use Rita for the dive and Marcia for the hoses."

"As for being discreet," he began, referring to Alice's obvious desire to keep any potential sexual relationship between them secret, "I don’t kiss and tell. And I’d be delighted to explore, anytime you want.”

Alice smiled, not only because Kirk was open to the idea of them relieving their stress with one another but because it all sounded so ... functional. They weren't two people sitting on stools in a bar, having drinks, flirting, and looking for the moment to ask Wanna get out of here?

And yet, it still felt right to Alice: she wanted to fuck someone, he wanted to fuck someone, neither of them were fucking anyone yet, and they were both interesting in fucking each other. It was perfect.

“Oh, and my friends call me Mack," Kirk told her. "Or Loch.”

"Like the monster?" she asked with a playful tone, not realizing that he'd probably had to explain the correct reason for this hundreds of times in the past.

“My middle name is Lachlan,” he told her, pronouncing it for her.

Again, she smiled, saying, "You can call me Alice. Like you said, you're not military, so..."

There was a knock at the storage room-turned-office door, followed by Adeline asking, "Captain...?"

Alice chuckled softly. "Alice, Captain ... I guess there is no standard, is there." She let her eyes fall to Kirk's impressive torso, then back up to his eyes as she said, "We'll finish this conversation later ... maybe after dinner ... over shots?"

Louder and toward the door, she said, "Enter."

The French woman did, saying with excitement, "We have something you're going to want to see."

////////////////////////////
Alice listened to Alaina's explanation of what she and Adeline had done. "That's good work, ladies." She called out, "Bertha, you there?"

"Always, Captain Walker," the AI responded without delay. "How can I help you?"

"Do you have topographical maps of the world...?" Alice asked the AI, clarifying, "...maps accurate for today?"

"Sorry, Captain Walker, I do not," the AI answered. "I only have the maps that Miss Carmichael and Miss Legrand have downloaded from various sources."

Alice thought a moment, then asked, "Using Alaina and Adeline's map of where they think Seashore is ... can you match the topography of that map to the 21st century maps that you do have to determine the actual location of Seashore?"

"Yes, Captain Walker," the AI responded.

"Is it Norway?" Alice asked, anxious for an answer.

"Compiling data now, Captain Walker," the AI answered without any signs of being pressured. A full minute passed before a not so clear image appeared. Bertha told them, "This is the only location in the world that matches both 21st century topography maps and the images provided."

"Well, that's definitely not Norway," Alice said as they found themselves looking at the map Alaina had downloaded, surrounded by a border of what the British Isles would have looked like back when they all entered stasis. She asked, "Okay, so, where's this village that you think our new friend lives in?"

"Right there," Adeline jumped in, pointing a finger at the screen. She moved the computer's mouse to add a pin to the map. "We think that's Seashore."

"Liverpool," Alice mused. Seeing Adeline's expression, she said, "Liverpool ... home of the Beatles...? You know who the Beatles are ... were, don't you?"

"Of course," Adeline responded, her attention on the map, not the inquiry. She pointed again to where Liverpool would now be located under possibly hundreds of feet of water. Tracing her fingers downward, she asked, "Is this England or Wales?"

"Don't know," Alice said. She looked to Alaina, saying with confidence, "But I'm sure your friend here can figure that out. She sipped at her coffee, asking, "What are these?"

She pointed her finger to several locations that may or may not have been settlements; the image simply wasn't clear enough to prove whether they were currently or formerly occupied villages or nothing at all.

"Bertha, what's today's date again?" she asked, clarifying, "Precise date and time?"

"By the Gregorian Calendar, the date is 12 April 2185," came the answer, with the addition of, "The precise local time at the tone will be 11:24 and 45 seconds ... beep."

Alice laughed, asking, "Bertha, did you really just say beep?"

"Forgive me, Captain," the AI responded. "My algorithms allow for a bit of humor but do not always--"

"No, no, you're fine, Bertha," Alice cut the computer off. "You're a real comic, thank you. So, Bertha ... I need you to do some calculations for us."

"It would be my pleasure, Captain," the AI responded.

Over the next couple of minutes, Alice asked a series of questions related to latitude and longitude of the Richardson International Bunker Complex, the number of hours of sunlight versus darkness at the RIBC, and so forth. Finally, she asked, "Please calculate the number of hours of sunlight and darkness that would be experienced at the village pinned by Adeline on the map for this date, as well as the latitude at which a village would be located for more or less sun versus dark."

"Calculating now, Captain Walker," Bertha said.

With that, Alice turned to Alaina with a confident smile and ordered, "Okay ... so ... ask your friend how many hours of light and dark they get in Seashore. If Ella's answer matches Bertha's ... you found Seashore. I question, though, whether this is correct or not. I mean, even a century and a half later, people are going to know the difference between Norway and Britain."

Alice turned to depart, saying over her shoulder, "Good work people. Ice cream for everyone at lunch today."

Alice and Kirk, a bit later:

(The bunker)

Alice sat back in her office chair, looking about the small space and contemplating what more she could do with it to make it more efficient and even more comfortable. Her lips spread in a wicked smirk as she wondered whether or not there was room for a bed here for hooking up with their most recent male resident than the Level 4 Berthing Area. Her smile widened even farther, though, when she thought about how that wouldn't be necessary.

She called out, "Bertha. "

"Yes, Captain Walker," the AI answered.

"Please give me the current locations of all bunker residents," Alice ordered.

"Miss Carmichael is in--" Bertha began.

Alice cut her off, though, ordering, "First names, Bertha. We can afford to be a little informal for conversations such as this."

"Yes, Captain," the AI responded, using Alice's military rank as she assumed the order didn't apply to Alice. "Alaina is in the Monitoring Station. Leslie is in the Infirmary. Marcia is in the Saloon kitchen. Kirk is in the Repair Room. Adeline, Rita, and Tyrande are in the Exercise Room."

"The Exercise Room ... on Level 4?" Alice asked. "Can you tell me what they are doing?"

"They appear to be participating in some form of exercise," the AI answered. "Do you want me to ask over the intercom, Captain?"

"No," Alice responded. Remembering an earlier conversation with Ty about teaching self-defense, she said, "I think I know what they're doing."

She descended to Level 5 and entered the Bunk Room. None of the current bunker occupants had taken up residence here because of the open space's lack of privacy; other than the adjacent Hygiene Room and Locker Room, the entire floor was open.

That was except for the Supervisor's Quarters in one corner. It had been the private quarters for the Supervisor during the construction of the bunker and the transfer of Stiffs to it. It was a slightly larger bedroom than any of those on Level 4 at 10 feet by 12.

Alice had contemplated claiming it before, a privilege of being the Community's leader. But that was only because she was the most senior military officer thus far reanimated. And -- including her -- only two of the eight military personnel up and about were military, so ... was her command legitimate?

Now, though, she didn't care about legitimacy. She'd moved her stuff down here yesterday while also moving things to her office on Two. Entering the room now, Alice took a moment to just look around. It needed paint, as much of the bunker did. What it really needed was personality. It was ... sterile, with mostly empty shelves as her very few possessions were still in two boxes on the floor.

But the bed was made, and that was what mattered. She stripped, tossed her uniform into a clothes basket, and padded naked to the adjacent Hygiene Room to shower and shave her pits and legs. Returning to her room, she donned a fresh pair of modest panties and the only bra she had that wasn't military issue. It was a lacy pushup that emphasized Alice's generous and still firm bosom.

"Bertha, put me in contact with Mister MacFerguson, please," she ordered.

After a soft tone, Alice asked, "Kirk ... could you break away from your work to meet me in the Supervisor's Room on Level 5 please?"

After he responded, she added with a tentative tone, "And ... maybe you could do so with a bit of ... discretion?"

When Kirk arrived, he would find Alice wearing a mid-thigh length robe tied around her waist holding two tumblers of whiskey.

Kirk:
After a soft tone, Alice asked, "Kirk ... could you break away from your work to meet me in the Supervisor's Room on Level 5 please?"

“Of course, Captain.” he replied sitting back from t he circuit boards he’d been testing. So far none of them had critical failures. Simple cleanup with a wire brush or a re-solder of a chip.

"And ... maybe you could do so with a bit of ...discretion?"

Pasing as he put the over-shirt back on he raised an eyebrow for a moment. “Of course... Captain.”

after knocking on the door and finding it slightly ajar he stepped inside and looked at her, his over shirt was in his hand, leaving him the rather snug undershirt and pants.

“Damn,” he said softly, as he took the whiskey from her and tapped her glass with his. “Here’s to a quiet night without alerts.”

After taking a solid hit from the tumbler he set it on the desk, and his shirt on the back of her chair… Followed by him peeling his undershirt off and adding it to the pile. He didn’t have the overly impressive muscles of The Security officer, but he was well built and kept the shape and tone.

Finishing the whiskey he sat on the edge of the bed so he could remove his boots. He watched her as he stood, his fingers tugging at the tie on the robe, easing it open he gazed at her like he’d never seen a naked woman before.

Alice and Kirk:

“Damn,” Kirk said softly as he took in the view of the bunker's leader as no one -- male or female -- had as of yet. He took the offered tumbler of whiskey, saying, “Here’s to a quiet night without alerts.”

As she tapped her glass to his, Alice joked, "I told Bertha not to call on me for anything short of the end of the world."

She couldn't help but smile at remembering that the end of the world had already occurred, in a sense. Between the Armageddon Pandemic, global warming, and all of the international tension and presumed conflict that surely resulted from the first two, Alice wouldn't have been surprised to learn that Seashore was one of only a few hundred or few thousand communities left across the globe. How many human beings are left? she'd wondered often over the past two weeks. A billion? Half that? Millions? Hell, the total number could be in the five digits.

Alice sipped at her drink as she watched Kirk removing his shirt and setting it aside. He was a beautiful example of the male species, not overly muscular but athletically fit and well proportioned. He sat to remove his boots, then stood and moved forward to untie Alice's robe, gazing down at her body with obvious appreciation.

She smiled, happy that he seemed to like what he saw as much as she herself did. She reached to him, caressing her hands softly over his sides, his chest, his belly. Her hands found his belt and released its hold around his waist before unbuttoning and unzipping his work slacks.

"My first orgasm won't come easily," she whispered to him, wanting him to know that he had his work cut out for him. She reached down inside the waistband of his underwear, finding his cock rock hard and impressively sized. She moved closer, kissing Kirk softly, then more erotically as her hand kneaded his shaft. "But if you like to use your tongue, once I've cum that first time, I think you'll find that you can't turn this engine off."

Mac:
"My first orgasm won't come easily," she whispered to him, wanting him to know that he had his work cut out for him. She reached down inside the waistband of his underwear, finding his cock rock hard and impressively sized. She moved closer, kissing Kirk softly, then more erotically as her hand kneaded his shaft. "But if you like to use your tongue, once I've cum that first time, I think you'll find that you can't turn this engine off."

Mac wasn't one to jump in bed at the drop of a hat, so it had been a while before the deep freeze that he’d shared his bed. Granted he wasn’t a virgin, not at his age, but he was selective. Some would say he was picky, or stuck up. He wasn’t either, just more selective than some. He wanted to hold a conversation with the lady, before and after the sex. He wanted someone that made him laugh, and laughed at the stupid jokes he told. But knew when and how to be serious when the time called for it. He liked independence, but not rigidly so. He liked ladies that came for help, but not about everything. PhD didn’t mean shit if you couldn’t make coffee, toast, and eggs.

Traditional roles, but not obsessive about it. Guys could cook, clean and care for babies just like women. But if she wasn’t willing to fill the tank or at least check the oil.. that was going to be problem. She didn’t need to rotate the tires herself, but damn at lest put air in it and change a flat on the side of the road.

He didn’t want a lady for the night, but when he was with someone it was a quiet commitment. He didn’t need her to confess undying love, but don’t rumple the blankets with anyone else until after he was out of the picture. He wasn’t a side piece, and neither was she.

Sliding her robe, and under garments of he admired her body, his fingers sliding across her skin to see her reactions. What was liked, and what wasn’t. He’d caressed one partner like this and she’d had a nervous spasm, her knee had hit his jaw hard enough to end that session that night. So now he was more.. exploratory before he did anything. You never knew who was ticklish where. With her knickers on the floor he leaned in and kissed her, his tongue teasing and tasting at the same time.

Alice and Mac (aka Kirk):

As Mac slid his fingers over her body, a chill almost instantly ran up Alice's spine. As she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, then raised a hand up to cup his head as he kissed at her neck, she realized just how much she'd missed the feel of a man against her. Even ignoring the 144 years she'd spent in stasis, it had been far too long since she'd felt a man's hands upon her.

She purred, almost a growl, digging her fingers into his hair. She grasped a handful, pulled his head back, and met his lips with her own in a passionate kiss. Down lower, Alice forced her body harder against Mac, feeling his swollen cock against her belly. She wanted him inside her, badly, but at the same time all she wanted was for him to continue holding and caressing her, sending waves of pleasure through her.

Adeline and Alaina:

The Frenchie tapped away at a computer tablet, studied the text, donned a satisfied expression, and handed the device to Alaina, who's fingers hadn't ceased their movement on her own keyboard in God knows how long. She asked, "Whaddaya think about this?"

The text on the little screen read: How many hours/minutes of sun/dark did you experience today? Calculating your latitude in an attempt to discover whether we are neighbors :)

"It's 140 characters, including the smiley face," Adeline told her. "Do you think she'll tell us? I mean, we're keeping back our location out of an abundance of caution ... classified location and all. Ella was more than happy to reveal her village's name and location. If we ask her this, is she likely to tell us?"

She pointed a finger toward a second possible message at the bottom of the screen, saying, "Or we can send her that one."

This one excluded the first message's second half -- the part regarding being neighbors -- to make space for the latitude of the Richardson International Bunker Complex. Adeline noted, "It doesn't include our longitude, so it's not like we're telling her ... them our exact location. I mean, we could be in Greenland, but we could be in Norway, like Ella thinks she is ... or Russia, Canada, the US ... Alaska specifically. Or we could be on any of several, dozens of islands near any one of those countries."

She sipped at her tea, asking, "What do you think the Captain would allow? Maybe we should contact her first...?"

If they did try to contact Alice, they wouldn't get an answer, of course. Alice had been joking with Mac when she'd said Bertha was not allowed to contact her unless it was a dire emergency, but in truth, the Captain had, in fact, told the AI just that. A call from Alaina and Adeline would be met only with Bertha's reply of Captain Walker is not available at the moment.

Mac and Alice:
Taking his time Mac explored, kissing, licking, stroking, and just being present with her. So many people got naked and fucked. Mack was more interested in pleasure. Making sure they both had a lot of it. He wasn’t sure when, or how, his pants came off. But he could feel his rigid shaft sliding along her skin as he explored her body. Kissing her neck he drug his upper teeth along her skin, his lips teased her earlobe even as his cock was teasing her below.

Easing her back on the bed he used a knee to part her legs and positioned himself, his cock sliding along her stomach until he was in position. Sitting up he looked down at her and grasped his rather large shaft tapping it against her clit, almost as if he was knocking at the doorway to heaven. Guiding the head to her opening he eased forwards, then bent down an kissed her as his swollen shaft started it’s way inside.

He was big, and they’d both been without for a very long time, so it was slow going. But eventually he was covered in her desire and she’d been parted by his. So the motion got better and faster. He slowed several times to reduce his own pending eruption but he never totally stopped as images of math and dead rotting puppies ran through his head, anything to slow down and back off from his orgasm.

Kissing her, on the mouth, he made it as sensual and pleasant as he could, one hand holding him above her, the other hand grabbing her ass and pulling her closer.

Adeline and Alaina:
“I think it would be best if we weren’t so… needy at first. Ask if her town had another name. Or if any old town are near her. Tell her we have maps from the before time. We don’t have any towns near us – Truth. It’s dark here a lot – another truth. We have fresh water but it’s hard to grow things – both are truths. We had an earthquake that killed many, some drowned. And if you’d like we could even go so far as to say we are less than a dozen. Which is true, from a certain point of view.”

“Mostly I think any message should be written by Alice and Ty. I’d rather not be responsible for us getting raided. That one message did say Cannibals, they could be those cannibals and everything she says could be a lie.”

“My recommendation is we write six messages and let the Captain decide which one we transmit,” Alaina said as she sipped her coffee. Pausing she looked at it, “Fuck it’s cold. How long was I working?”

After Adeline told her she sighed, “Well lunch is out. I wonder if Marcia made cookies?”

Alice and Mac:

As he laid her back, Alice found it almost unbelievable that this was happening. She'd never done this before, fucking a man she barely knew. She'd never let a man pick her up in a bar or picked a man up in a bar; she'd never slipped away to a motel with a man she'd only just met at a party or on the beach or -- during her Air Force years -- during or in between operations.

Yet this felt so right. Mac felt so right. As he laid her back, slipped in between her thighs and parting knees, and gently pushed his marvelous cock inside of her, Alice reached down to grasp his muscular ass cheeks to ensure she wanted him to be right where he was heading. He was big, she was tight, and initially her love canal didn't easily give way. But once she'd relaxed enough to permit his full intrusion, Alice encouraged him with coordinating movements of her body, even tighter grasping fingers on his cheeks, and soft moans of obvious delight.

"It's okay," she told him after they'd been fucking several minutes. Alice could see that he was holding back, trying to delay his own gratification to ensure that he would meet her own needs. She knew he couldn't -- hold out to get her off first, not get her off in the end. No man had ever delivered Alice to her climax through fucking before they had achieved the same themselves. She met his gaze, clarifying before moans, "It's okay ... to cum. I want you to cum."

She emphasized the movements of her lower half in an effort to drive Mac to his climax, smiling at him with a devilish smirk as she began whispering, taunting even, "Do it, Mac ... cum in me ... cum in me now..."

Alice dug her short fingernails deeper into his ass muscles, pulling him hard and deep into her as she continued her playful taunts. She was getting to him; it was only a matter of time.

Mac:
He was torn, give into her whispered demands and cum inside her? Or restrain himself and make sure she came? Pulling out he scooted downwards and slid a finger inside her, he lips and tongue attacking her clit as his finger sought out that patch of alternate texture inside her. It was usually behind the clit and pubic bone, right about.. yes. There.

A second finger followed the first, not on that patch of tissue, but on either side of it, stroking without touching. His thumb just under her clit which his tongue was licking. And then he started vibrating his hand back and forth, not far, just enough to make motion.

After a few minutes of that he clenched his teeth gently on her clit….

And he hummed.

Last edited:
Back