So are you really voting for a Democrat because of the Iraqi war?

Vronsky

Really Experienced
Are you switching party lines? What is your reasoning for doing that this time?

Vronsky said:
I'm considering voting Green or Peace and Freedom because our Dem voted for Iraq. Among other things.

MechaBlade said:
I'm considering voting Green or Peace and Freedom because our Dem voted for Iraq. Among other things.
I am not being critical because I don't necessarily disagree with your logic; however, voting for one of the third parties is a waste of your vote. Decide if you are better off now than you were last time you voted. If so, vote for the other party...Based upon a lot of the false data that was floating around at that time and I lay that squarely in the hands of Carl Rove, there were ostensibly reasons for that vote. People have learned that you cannot trust our president and his false info since that time. The same mistake is unlikely to happen again.

KravMaga said:
however, voting for one of the third parties is a waste of your vote.
No, it's not. They are likely to be re-elected. Plus, not voting my conscience is a waste of my vote. Just like those who don't vote, if you vote for a candidate you don't really like, you can't complain.

If enough people vote their conscience, a third party will arise and it's more likely to happen in local elections rather than a presidential election. Plus, enough votes for any one third party and that party gains more attention and is invited to debates and other benefits that Dems and Pugs take for granted.

People like you keep others from voting 3rd party, with statements that I admit aren't altogether untrue. This is why I support direct runoff voting. Which, incidentally, the Greens do too.

MechaBlade said:
No, it's not. They are likely to be re-elected. Plus, not voting my conscience is a waste of my vote.

If enough people vote their conscience, a third party will arise and it's more likely to happen in local elections rather than a presidential election. Plus, enough votes for any one third party and that party gains more attention and is invited to debates and other benefits that Dems and Pugs take for granted.

People like you keep others from voting 3rd party, with statements that I admit aren't altogether untrue. This is why I support direct runoff voting. Which, incidentally, the Greens do too.
I don't keep people from voting any which way they want. As to voting to conscience I vote mainly on the issue of abortion. Those who wish to abolish it never get my vote.

KravMaga said:
I don't keep people from voting any which way they want. As to voting to conscience I vote mainly on the issue of abortion. Those who wish to abolish it never get my vote.
edit: Mindsets like yours.

No one's going to make abortion illegal in my state. All the "big issues" are covered. I really don't care what happens in Iraq anymore.

I want to vote for instant runoff, decriminalizing weed, no tuition hikes and more money for public schools and teachers.

MechaBlade said:
edit: Mindsets like yours.

No one's going to make abortion illegal in my state. All the "big issues" are covered. I really don't care what happens in Iraq anymore.

I want to vote for instant runoff, decriminalizing weed, no tuition hikes and more money for public schools and teachers.
Run for office and you've got my vote....

MechaBlade said:

Ummmm, Hello? Your Dem was lied too like we all were.

Just sayin.

Vronsky said:

my vote is first and foremost on gay rights/marriages (for them) and the war (getting the fuck out of there) and after that i look at the rest of the issues. if they are for neither, i won't bother look at them at all.

BreeCarter said:
my vote is first and foremost on gay rights/marriages (for them) and the war (getting the fuck out of there) and after that i look at the rest of the issues. if they are for neither, i won't bother look at them at all.
Agree completely with you on the first...
Can't disagree with you more on the second...
Unfortunately, we cannot afford to pull out....

KravMaga said:

I can see why. It's the overriding issue to ever to face the human race.

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
I can see why. It's the overriding issue to ever to face the human race.

Ishmael
Sarcasm is the last resort of the defeated wit.....

KravMaga said:
Sarcasm is the last resort of the defeated wit.....

Not really, it's the last resort when dealing with the demented.

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
Not really, it's the last resort when dealing with the demented.

Ishmael
Now you are throwing out slurs?......Somebody hasn't taken his happy pill today.....

MechaBlade said:
Do you condone partial abortion?

KravMaga said:
Agree completely with you on the first...
Can't disagree with you more on the second...
Unfortunately, we cannot afford to pull out....

in my opinion, we're a lot better off having them all back here guarding our borders instead of being off in iraq dying left and right and achieving nothing while doing it.

BreeCarter said:
in my opinion, we're a lot better off having them all back here guarding our borders instead of being off in iraq dying left and right and achieving nothing while doing it.
What we need to do is allow our soldiers to fight a war they can fight....soldiers were never meant to be policeman...strengthen the Iraq police and move our boys back out of the cities into the desserts where they do not have to worry about a guerilla war...we walk out of Iraq now and that whole area becomes a hot bed of Iranian fanatics.....

KravMaga said:
What we need to do is allow our soldiers to fight a war they can fight....soldiers were never meant to be policeman...strengthen the Iraq police and move our boys back out of the cities into the desserts where they do not have to worry about a guerilla war...we walk out of Iraq now and that whole area becomes a hot bed of Iranian fanatics.....

i understand what you are saying, but it became this way because we (bush) made it that way. i mean, if we want to play this game of oh, well they're being treated badly by their government and whatnot, there are tons of other countries that are even worse off. why are we not there too? or instead? and instead of sending everyone out of the country, keep there here so that when we are terrorized and attacked, there's people here to protect us.

KravMaga said:
Now you are throwing out slurs?......Somebody hasn't taken his happy pill today.....

Slurs? No, my opinion of 'single issue' voters. Especially those that vote on an issue that is dead and buried. Like a Jew that fears Hitler will rise again, or at least see's Hitler everywhere.

The facts are that 75% of the population approves of abortion in the first trimester. It's 50/50 with regard to the second, and 75% against third trimester abortions.

So I see no jeopardy for the women that can make up here mind.

And so many other issues render abortion a moot point if not dealt with

But single issues keep things simple and one doesn't have to think too much.

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
Slurs? No, my opinion of 'single issue' voters. Especially those that vote on an issue that is dead and buried. Like a Jew that fears Hitler will rise again, or at least see's Hitler everywhere.

The facts are that 75% of the population approves of abortion in the first trimester. It's 50/50 with regard to the second, and 75% against third trimester abortions.

So I see no jeopardy for the women that can make up here mind.

And so many other issues render abortion a moot point if not dealt with

But single issues keep things simple and one doesn't have to think too much.

Ishmael

November 6, 2006​

Dear Mr. Ishmael:

I was bemused by your recent missive. I was trying to keep things light and superficial because I have not interacted with you to any degree on this board. Having had this interaction, I know that I can address particular issues with you with specificity and breadth. Nothing makes me happier than to know that I have the freedom to more fully express my opinions. Please be advised that I vote according to positions on a great number of issues. It appears to be just coincidence that I find that those who advocate stare decisis with regard to the issue addressed in Roe v. Wade, also share my political views. Hence, the questions raised are addressed rather easily disposed.

I look forward to more positive interactions with you in the future. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Krav Fucking Maga​

KM/mkm

cc: anyone who cares

KravMaga said:
November 6, 2006​

Dear Mr. Ishmael:

I was bemused by your recent missive. I was trying to keep things light and superficial because I have not interacted with you to any degree on this board. Having had this interaction, I know that I can address particular issues with you with specificity and breadth. Nothing makes me happier than to know that I have the freedom to more fully express my opinions. Please be advised that I vote according to positions on a great number of issues. It appears to be just coincidence that I find that those who advocate stare decisis with regard to the issue addressed in Roe v. Wade, also share my political views. Hence, the questions raised are addressed rather easily disposed.

I look forward to more positive interactions with you in the future. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Krav Fucking Maga​

KM/mkm

cc: anyone who cares

*chuckle* Obviously you care and have decided it's the caus du jour.

If you want to persue, I feel Roe v. Wade should be overturned and the decision placed back in the hands of the legislatures. Let the politicians take the heat rather than blame it on the courts and play like they can wash their hands of the matter.

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
*chuckle* Obviously you care and have decided it's the caus du jour.

If you want to persue, I feel Roe v. Wade should be overturned and the decision placed back in the hands of the legislatures. Let the politicians take the heat rather than blame it on the courts and play like they can wash their hands of the matter.

Ishmael
It will be interesting to watch what this cadre of justices does with the cases currently before them. It is good to know that there are people on this board with whom I can pursue such interests.

Vronsky said:
No, I am voting based on what each person has done for my tiny fuckwit of a town. Raiseing of min. wage. More funding for public libraries, firehalls (all the ones in my area arre vollunteer only). It just so happens they are Dems.

Butterflybaby04 said:
No, I am voting based on what each person has done for my tiny fuckwit of a town. Raiseing of min. wage. More funding for public libraries, firehalls (all the ones in my area arre vollunteer only). It just so happens they are Dems.

Knock me over with a feather.

Ishmael

Back