Sinegard Academy for the Wayward

Ravyn:
“Try not to get your face sucked off by a guardian. Oh.. maybe there's a Baelnorn inside.” Ravyn commented. “Scream if you see a lich.”

Walking much more slowly than them she was looking for traps and triggers. Some would claim she was paranoid. After all she couldn’t die. Well, not permanently. She did die every time. She just kept coming back. And dying fucking HURT!

“You’ll want books bound with the skin of a sentient being. Human, Orc, Elf, Minotaur, something along those lines. Not pig or cow.”

Angela and Gem

“Do you hear something? Like an annoying squeaking sound?” Angela asked Gem is a quiet voice after Ravyn’s taunt.

“Be nice” Gem whispered back

“I’m a vampire, it is not in my nature” Angela replied, but a frown from Gem told her it was not funny anymore

“Ravyn, you are so much more knowledgeable than us. Please get in here and show us the correct book!” Angela said in a loud voice.

Gem looks through the glass doors at the books, but none seemed to be made of human skin.

“I found a copy of the book of vile darkness!” Angela yelled to Ravyn, “but the only human skin books are in the case with the fluttering paper” She added

Ravyn
“If your Vile Darkness is not made of Ar’Tel’Quessir skin then it’s a fake. Or at best a copy of an original. Though a better copy is made of human skin instead of Sun Elf. A horrible copy is made of Orc or other skin. The less attention to purity the less accurate the copy of sigils and runes.”

“As for that case,” Ravyn said walking into the room. “Anything in there is going to be warded. Everything in this room is warded, but those have more wards. The counter sign could be a word, a gesture. A series of words. Hell it could be open sesame in the language of the incanter. But I don’t know who did it, the languages they speak. We could could just open it, I mean what’s the worst it could do. Kill me?”

Ramzaheed
As he reached into his cloak to pull out any source of light he had and a knife to defend himself with, Ramzaheed reached out in his mind to see if he could connect with any of the others in the group. Mentally he stated, “If anyone can hear this, I think I am in desperate need of help. I am in some extremely dark catacombs. There’s a lot of I don’t know what around me giving off the feeling that what ever they are are hungry. Please send help as soon as possible.”

A Dark emptiness reached back to him. Scream In terror as I eat your soul. Such a pitiful morsel. Bring more to feed my hunger.

In the dim light a hundred pairs of eyes looked at him, unblinking as gleaming teeth from a hundred smiles were illuminated around him.

It’s been so long since I’ve last eaten. Eat you quick.. or slow. Yummy yummy for my tummy tummy.

Ramzaheed
“What if my soul is poison?,” Ramzaheed asked the darkness, “What can I do to get you to spare me? I am just looking for a very special book. I didn’t mean to intrude into your domain. But know I will not scream, and I will not go down without a fight.”
He pulled out The Knife of Eternal Flame. As he prepared to defend himself against anything that might come too close, his amulet flopped out of his cloak and started to glow.

Tongues licked the teeth of a core or more of mouths. Poisoned souls are best savored slowly over centuries of screaming agony. Pealed apart in bits and pieces, enhancing the essence of pain.

A hundred voices gave chorus

Flesh so fine, so fine to tear, to gnash the skin; skin to strip, to plait, so nice to plait the strips, so nice, so red the drops that fall; blood so red, so red, so sweet; sweet screams, pretty screams, singing screams, scream your song, sing your screams...

Angus

“Hey, where did Ramzaheed and M’Kael wander off too?” Angus asked Callo

She shrugged her shoulders.

“I think Ramzaheed might be in danger. Can you help me find him?” He asked

“Ok, follow me” Callo said. The two walked into a shadow and disappeared.

Angela

Angela opened the glass door and grabbed to The Book of Vile Darkness. She cracked open the cover sighed in disappointment.

“Crap” she said

“What” Gem asked

Angela showed her the book’s title page.

“Some professor just put the cover jacket of The Book of Vile Darkness over An Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I HATE that book. So stupid” Angela complained.

“Angela we are about to open the warded book case with the fluttering pages.” Gem said trying to get the vampire’s attention.

“What are you waiting for, let just get it over with.” Angela declared.

“We don’t know the word to deactivate the ward” Gem explained.

“YOLF,” Angela said as she reached for the warded bookcase

“Wait, Don’t you mean YOLO… you only live once” Gem asked

“You Only Live Forever, that is the vampire saying” Angela explained and pulled open the glass door.

Suddenly and rapidly various tomes in the room stacked up into the shape of a humanoid. It stood 8 feet tall and weighed at least 500 pounds. The thing swung its arm and smashed Angela across the room.

“BOOK GOLEM” Gem yelled as the creature’s other arm tried to punch her. She just got out of the way, the book fist smashing into the book case behind her. Glass shattering everywhere.

Angela had her long daggers out and was getting ready to attack, when the book golem causes pages to tear from the many tomes that comprise its body and send them in a fluttery flurry toward her! She was slashed by paper cuts!

“OUCH THAT HURTS!” She yelled

Ravyn
Running forwards Ravyn vaulted over a low display case and body checked Angela, sending the Vampire crashing into another bookcase, but out of reach of the Golem for a moment. Standing up she grabbed the golem as it grabbed her, and she smiled. ”You know what I like about this creature?”

A moment later, a flick of a second, and The Other was there. Burning in rage. The Golem ignited as it pounded Ravyn/the Other. But she/it held on until the creature was reduced to a pile of ash.

With flakes of ash still falling to the ground Ravyn looked over at Angela, “It burns.” Ravyn commented, finishing her sentence. Unfortunately in a library everything burns. Cinders were trying to start more fires everywhere. Books, Tomes, Scrolls, Tables, Chairs, the floor.

Last edited:
Angela

As Angela stood back up, she had to come to grips with the fact Ravyn had actually saved her from a lot of pain. Ravyn had put herself in danger to save her. The girl was still an annoying know it all, but she had scarified her safety for Angela. She had also taken down the book golem, which was no easy feat.

Angela started to put out the small fires around her. But she was trying to find a way to thank Ravyn for her action. In the end, her ego just could not directly thank Ravyn.

“It burns? In my experience, that is usually caused by Chlamydia or gonorrhea. I can pick up some meds when we get out of the library for you. I thought you never had sex before?” Angela teased Ravyn.

Gem was using her “frost ray” cantrip to put out the larger fires.

“Ravyn was talking about the book golem burning. Does everything revolve around sex with you?” Gem scolded Angela.

“So, the book golem had an STD?” Angela asked, trying to be funny.

Angus and Callo

To Angus it felt like teleportation, but different. Callo seemed to be able to move from one shadow to another jumping into rooms and levels of the library quickly. He only had a glimpse of the passing space. Finally, they arrived in a totally black room.

“That was wild” Angus said as he tried to stand still for a moment to recover from the jumping.

“I believe Ramzaheed and M’Kael are in these dark catacombs, but it is a maze of rooms and passageways” Callo informed the bull.

“Minotaur are good at mazes!” Angus said with confidence. “However, I do need light to see”

“I hate light” Callo grumbled but a small dim glowing ball appeared behind Angus.

“Thanks!” Angus said as he looked at the dark catacombs. “This way” he said as he started walking.

Ravyn:
“Yes, I’m quite sure your experience has been filled with STI’s. With your age you should have more experience than everyone else in this campus combines on STI’s and medications needed.” Ravyn replied in a monotone.

“I do have a question though, is it true that the zombie virus is just a result of an undead Sex disease? Is that what happens to mortals have you fuck them?”

M’Kael:
Moving though the darkness M’Kael had no trouble seeing as he moved through the passageways. Looking into each alcove he looked for any books that seemed to be more important than others.

Ramzaheed
As he prepared to defend himself, Ramzaheed pulled some energy from The Knife of Eternal Flame and spoke the ancient words as they appeared in his mind, “Infernum, Nocturnum, Protectium, Incerculum, Defendium,” which caused a flaming circle of protection to form around him.
He really hoped that the circle would hold out until he could somehow figure out how to either defeat the legion of creatures around him, or escape.

Angela

Angela was about to insult Ravyn back. She was really going to be nasty. However, Gem gave her a look. She decided she was going to try something different. She made another joke.

“When I fuck mortals… they get stiff!” Angela joked.

“I think I like it better when you two fight” Gem moaned over the very bad pun, Angela made.

“Now Ravyn, why don’t you check out these rare demon texts…” Gem suggested peering into the book shelf where the book golem had come from.

Angus and Callo

It took about a minute, then they saw Ramzaheed surrounded by a flaming circle.

“How did you get stuck inside that circle of flame?” Angus asked

“I think it is a flaming circle of protection” Callo informed the minotaur

“What are you protecting yourself against?” Angus asked Ramzaheed as he pulled his weapon out just in case.

Ramzaheed
While he extended the circle to accommodate the other two he said, “I’m not sure how you two got here but as I was trying to contact and tell you what happened mentally , I was countered in by a legion creature. I’m not entirely sure where they are but I’ve seen their eyes and teeth all around.”
He had a weird look on his face like he was about to have a stroke.
He knew he could trust Angus so he went into detail of how he got into this situation totally forgetting that his amulet was still hanging out of his cloak and glowing

Ravyn:
“Well, that happens when you fuck a corpse I suppose.” Ravyn commented to herself as she walked over to the books. “There rare, that’s for sure. But if they’re real or accurate I can’t tell in a few minutes. I’ll need to take and study them.”

Pulling the books off the shelf she winced. “Ow, that hurt.” she said, again to herself.

Once the books were stored she leaned against a the book case she’d pulled them from. “Fucking traps,” she said as she bent over and vomited. “Don’t touch the case…” she warned. “Poison.”

Gem

Used her a magical “mage-hand” to pull another book from the shelf. She used the magical hand to flip through the pages.

“This appears to be a summary of important elements from Demonomicon of Iggwilv” Gem told Angela and Ravyn. Then she read the following three paragraphs

Protected Essence. A powerful demon can take steps to safeguard its life essence, using secret methods and abyssal metals to create an amulet into which part of that essence is ceded. If the demon’s abyssal form is ever destroyed, the amulet allows the fiend to reform at a time and place of its choosing.

Obtaining a demonic amulet is a dangerous enterprise, and simply seeking such a device risks drawing the attention of the demon that created it. A creature possessing a demonic amulet can exact favors from the demon whose life essence the amulet holds — or inflict great pain if the fiend resists. If an amulet is destroyed, the demon that created it is trapped in the Abyss for a year and a day.

Demon Summoning. Few acts are as dangerous as summoning a demon, and even mages who bargain freely with devils fear the fiends of the Abyss. Though demons yearn to sow chaos on the Material Plane, they show no gratitude when brought there, raging against their prisons and demanding release.

Those who would risk summoning a demon might do so to wrest information from it, press it into service, or send it on a mission that only a creature of absolute evil can complete. Preparation is key, and experienced summoners know the specific spells and magic items that can force a demon to bend to another’s will. If a single mistake is made, a demon that breaks free shows no mercy as it makes its summoner the first victim of its wrath.

Bound Demons. The Book of Vile Darkness, the Black Scrolls of Ahm, and the Demonomicon of Iggwilv are the foremost authorities on demonic matters. These ancient tomes describe techniques that can trap the essence of a demon on the Material Plane, placing it within a weapon, idol, or piece of jewelry and preventing the fiend’s return to the Abyss.

An object that binds a demon must be specially prepared with unholy incantations and innocent blood. It radiates a palpable evil, chilling and fouling the air around it. A creature that handles such an object experiences unsettling dreams and wicked impulses, but is able to control the demon whose essence is trapped within the object. Destroying the object frees the demon, which immediately seeks revenge against its binder.”

“That is interesting… but how does that apply to Nail-face?” Angela asked Gem

“I read the Protected Essence… because Nail-face, must have an abyssal metal amulet. If we find it, we can control him” Gem suggested. “Demon Summoning, because we talked about summoning a demon to ask questions. And finally, Bound Demons because it is a way to trap Nail-face.”

“Ugh, I think we have better odds to win the lottery!” Angela complained.

Angus and Callo

“So you were looking for a special book and you were teleported down here” Angus repeated back to Ramzaheeds.

Meanwhile, Callo eyes were staring at Ramzaheed’s glowing amulet. She the amulet was made of finest gold/silver alloy and had embellishment of swarovski crystals. The design centered around a six pointed star and inscribed with the Tetragramaton. On the sides of the star were symbols. Dragon symbols! The symbols were potent and spoke to the power of the amulet.

“Where did you get that amulet?” Callo asked, almost like an accusation

Ramzaheed
“ I’ve had it longer than I can remember. I think it’s been with me for my entire life,” Ramzaheed stated.
He decided to tell the story about what happened.
“When I was in the special forces I learned about a book that not only could restore memories but also might help me find out my heritage, but it was deemed so dangerous that it was hidden away many years ago. In recent years I found that the location was only able to be accessed through a hidden passage somewhere on the school, and since it was supposedly written by daemons I figured that the passage would be in the demonology library.”
He took a Quick Look around.
“Man I wish I could see better in the dark”

M’Kael:
Standing in the shadows M'Kael said. “If you don’t like the Dark, maybe you should walk in the light.” surrounding him were hundreds of eyes, peering from the darkness, grinning at Ram and the others. Pulling on the darker shadows he drew it into himself as his skin darkened and the darkness became armor. His fingernails became like claws, hard and sharp enough to shred steel and flesh. The lower half of his face wass hidden by a half mask of the same stuff, only hiss eyes – a sold black – showing.

Was it M’Kael.. or something made of shadow to look like him?

Ravyn:
“So you think the Daemon/devil.. whatever he is. Nail-Face has a phylactery like a Lich? And if it does have one, a big if. You want to find it? That’s like finding a specific molecule of water in an ocean. And you don’t know which molecule you're looking for.”

“If we had Nail-Face’s true name I could summon him. Otherwise, it’s a random shot in the nine-hells. Basically, I need his phone number. Otherwise, it’s like dialing random numbers and hoping you get one that can help.”

“As for binding him.. that’s a big ask. The amount of willpower to do that is incredible. The only reason I can control asshole is because of willpower, a contract, and his name is inscribed on my skin with Pentagrammatical and Hexagrammatical binding runes. If I tried it….. I could lose control of The one I do control, and then both would be free in the world.”

“It’s smarter to summon a lesser Deamon of knowledge and get information on the bigger badder Deamon. Get his name, or at least his Title, one of his names, his target. Why is he after us? Is it everyone, or just one in the group? Is it because someone has something or knows something? Is he trying to stop someone from doing something in the future? or is it punishment for a past infraction?”

“Plus I want to know why my ritual didn’t work the way it should have. Did I miss write something? Speak something wrong? A wrong item? Was the semen.. virginal? Were the artifacts real? Did I just not have enough power?”

“And the only thing left from my casting are the coin and the dice. Everything else was destroyed in the release of power.”

Should she admit she was binding several castings into one? Basically, taking a level 6 spell, and a level 7 spell and doing them at the same time. Multiplying the challenge and complexity to something only a twentieth level Summoner would have tried, if they’d learned certain special abilities and trained in casting multiple spells and rituals simultaneously. And then only if it a a last option. Lower-level spells were fairly simply to cast. So doing them in multiples was moderately easy to difficult. But doing what she’d done was insane and should have been a catastrophic failure.

“So new ingredients are required to be obtained. Depending on what we summon, changes what we need. Offering a virgin to a Kyton would be a failure, but offering it an army to command, or a set of Mythical Mythril Chain Armor would certainly entice it.”

M’Kael:
Standing in the shadows M'Kael said. “If you don’t like the Dark, maybe you should walk in the light.” surrounding him were hundreds of eyes, peering from the darkness, grinning at Ram and the others. Pulling on the darker shadows he drew it into himself as his skin darkened and the darkness became armor. His fingernails became like claws, hard and sharp enough to shred steel and flesh. The lower half of his face wass hidden by a half mask of the same stuff, only hiss eyes – a sold black – showing.

Was it M’Kael.. or something made of shadow to look like him?
Ramzaheed
“I do not fear the dark, but I will bring into the light those who seek to use darkness to deceive and harm others,” as he said those words he summoned a solar orb. “Without light there can be no shadow. Let these holy rays uncover the truth of what is hiding in the shadows.” He said as he threw the orb into the darkness and prepared himself for the battle he knew was about to happen

Callo

Callo seemed to be satisfied with Ramzaheeds answer about the amulet. But when the young man summoned a solar orb, she gasped and disappeared.

“Ramzaheed! You drove off Callo!” Angus complained. He watched as the orb flew through the air and landed 20 feet away. There was no sign of any monsters.

“I don’t think there is anything there?” Angus stated, but still had his weapon out just in case.

Angela

“Well figure out what you can do with the coin and the dice, because we are not getting you more toys, until you treat them with respect!” Angela said sounding a lot like a mother.

“Anything else in these books that is useful?” Gem asked Ravyn

Back