Sean Connery dies at 90

FL30

Literotica Guru
Sean Connery, the Scottish-born actor best known for his portrayal of the iconic British spy character James Bond, has died at the age of 90.

Connery, who was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2000, died in his sleep while in the Bahamas after being "unwell for some time," his son told the BBC on Saturday.

Jason Connery said his father "had many of his family who could be in the Bahamas around him" when he died overnight in Nassau.

"We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently," the son of the legendary actor added. "A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor."

The James Bond franchise's official Twitter account also announced the actor's death, with producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli writing in a statement, "We are devastated by the news of the passing of Sir Sean Connery."

"He was and shall always be remembered as the original James Bond whose indelible entrance into cinema history began when he announced those unforgettable words - 'The name's Bond... James Bond.'"

"He revolutionised the world with his gritty and witty portrayal of the sexy and charismatic secret agent," the producers continued. "He is undoubtedly largely responsible for the success of the film series and we shall be forever grateful to him."

Connery, who celebrated his 90th birthday in August, was the first actor to portray Bond in the franchise with "Dr. No" in 1962. He then appeared in "From Russia with Love" (1963), "Goldfinger" (1964), "Thunderball" (1965), "You Only Live Twice" (1967) and "Diamonds Are Forever" (1971).

After initially saying he would leave the role, Connery portrayed Bond one final time in "Never Say Never Again" (1983).

Connery's film career spanned five decades, also appearing in the 1964 Alfred Hitchcock film, "Marnie," opposite Tippi Hedren, 1974's "Murder on the Orient Express" and as Indiana Jones' father, in 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

Connery won the 1988 Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance as Chicago cop Jim Malone in the 1987 film "The Untouchables."

Twitter users reacted to Connery's death Saturday, with Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon writing she was "heartbroken."

"Our nation today mourns one of her best loved sons," she wrote. "Sean was born into a working class Edinburgh family and through talent and sheer hard work, became a film icon and one of the world's most accomplished actors."

Sturgeon also highlighted Connery for his advocacy for Scotland, a country part of the U.K., to become an independent nation, calling the actor "a patriotic and proud Scot."

Good to see rory back at his post. :)

Just the thought put a wee tingle in your ol’ ballsack, did it? 🤡

attachment.php

Oh look, its an attention whore waving a virtue flag.

You used to be ok a few years back - what the fuck went wrong? :confused::confused::rose:

Well I never used to be ok a few years ago and I agree with her. Shoving the virtue flag up your ass depends on the circumstances, it may not be a good thing but sometimes it's merited... He was a dinosaur actor who got lucky with his cock.

From his home in the Bahamas he was a staunch supporter of Scottish Independence, which is a very comfy place to believe whatever the fuck you want. The Hunt for Red October was possibly his finest role and he will be shaddly mished

It's like when teenagers learn a new buzzword and feel compelled to use it constantly...

Always thought his best work was "The Great Train Robbery".
Just an opinion of a sissy.

I saw Connery along with Ozzie Davis in a movie entitled "The Hill." In it he portrayed a British Army officer who was court martialed and placed in a prison in Africa.

The curse of “Darby O’Gill and the Little People” is complete...

He was the last surviving cast member.

Maybe 2020 will settle down now!

Well I never used to be ok a few years ago and I agree with her. Shoving the virtue flag up your ass depends on the circumstances, it may not be a good thing but sometimes it's merited... He was a dinosaur actor who got lucky with his cock.

From his home in the Bahamas he was a staunch supporter of Scottish Independence, which is a very comfy place to believe whatever the fuck you want. The Hunt for Red October was possibly his finest role and he will be shaddly mished

the question wasnt to you.

im a staunch supporter of Scottish independence, but for different reasons.

Red October was total shitte.

It's like when teenagers learn a new buzzword and feel compelled to use it constantly...

wave that flag sistah..... like a baby with wind. are you smiling or about to vomit warm curdled milk?

My husband was very sad about this and demanded we watch The Hunt for Red October and The Rock in his honor.

Back