Sci-Fi/Fantasy Chain Story Idea

Wow, chain stories really don't get votes, do they? I have ten votes and my stories been out for five hours. I've never had a story sit like this, not even my first ones. And I thought it was pretty good considering ... Sigh...

Never fear, I'll vote when I get a chance to read it (probably tomorrow morning)...I even leave PC as habbit :D

And I've had a couple that didn't garner many votes at all, though mostly my non-erotic stuff...

Danielle - - here are the ratings for Dry Valley

#1 - 4.69 16 2902
#2 - 4.72 18 1860
#7 - 4.94 16 2025
#8 - 4.86 14 1245
#13-4.71 17 920
#18-4.86 14 1406

So . . .the views and votes for Chain Stories vary. I think they may be read by regular readers of the writer. These are the chapters I wrote. AS you can see there is no rhyme or reason in the views, but the vote count is pretty persistant.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
Danielle - - here are the ratings for Dry Valley

#1 - 4.69 16 2902
#2 - 4.72 18 1860
#7 - 4.94 16 2025
#8 - 4.86 14 1245
#13-4.71 17 920
#18-4.86 14 1406

So . . .the views and votes for Chain Stories vary. I think they may be read by regular readers of the writer. These are the chapters I wrote. AS you can see there is no rhyme or reason in the views, but the vote count is pretty persistant.
I guess I've gotten spoiled just recently. Most of the romance readers vote. I'm used to having over 50 votes by now. I guess I should let my regulars know it's out. I posted it at a different site and it's done really really well there. Okay, I'll quit whining..lol.

Daniellekitten said:
I guess I've gotten spoiled just recently. Most of the romance readers vote. I'm used to having over 50 votes by now. I guess I should let my regulars know it's out. I posted it at a different site and it's done really really well there. Okay, I'll quit whining..lol.
;) I'm glad it is doing well over there. I hope it picks up for you and whine all ya like, you're allowed. . .*hides paddle behind back*

Darkniciad said:
If anybody finds that they are running short on time, and might not make the submission date, give me a hollar. Mine is ready to roll, already back from my editor, so I can pinch hit any time between now and my submission date to keep things on schedule. My editor will be able to slice and dice the lead-in from the preceding chapter within a couple of hours if I need to push the date up.

That way, if something comes up and you need a few more days, you'll have it. You never know when life is going to interfere with your writing time :)

I'm busy trying to keep that other chapter idea out of my head for a few days, so I can clear up a plate full of other ideas that are clogging my brain. I have a final chapter 20 looming that needs to get finished before my readers track me down and chain me to my keyboard *laugh*

I don't mind squeezing you in between Black Tulip and deathlynx, but keeping deathlynx submission date the same, so he is not set back or forced to avacant his spot. If this is okay with him than I'd say submitting yours four days after Black Tulips and 3 days before deathlynx would be fine. But I'd like deathlynx opinion on it first.

Daniellekitten said:

See I'm used to low number of votes, but high count on readers, so my Chain Stories aren't read as much as my others, as you can see from the reads and the votes, either way though all the Chapters of Dry Valley when "hot" and to me that gives me a big :D.

See I'm used to low number of votes, but high count on readers, so my Chain Stories aren't read as much as my others, as you can see from the reads and the votes, either way though all the Chapters of Dry Valley when "hot" and to me that gives me a big :D.
You are my hero Red. I decided I want to be just like you when I grow up. Oh, wait, I don't plan on growing up...

I wanted to thank everyone who has voted and commented here. I'd give out individual thank yous but the chapter story I'm writing I've been trying to get out a chapter a day and I'm running behind today. It's only half done...now I'm hustling. So thanks everyone, you are all great. :rose: :heart: :kiss:

Daniellekitten said:
Wow, chain stories really don't get votes, do they? I have ten votes and my stories been out for five hours. I've never had a story sit like this, not even my first ones. And I thought it was pretty good considering ... Sigh...

Do I need to turn you over my knee and spank you until you remember how much talent you have, lil' lady? ;)

Sunday is a slow read day, from my experience, and that certainly will have an impact. Anything I've had go live on Sunday is about 1000 views or more off from stories that came out any other day. Those votes will catch up soon enough :kiss: :rose:

Red: Don't worry about moving me up. I was just making the offer so it was out there for everyone, in case somebody has an emergency and needs a fill-in when their submission date comes up. I'm perfectly fine with sticking to the schedule already established :)

:p
Darkniciad said:
Do I need to turn you over my knee and spank you until you remember how much talent you have, lil' lady? ;)

Sunday is a slow read day, from my experience, and that certainly will have an impact. Anything I've had go live on Sunday is about 1000 views or more off from stories that came out any other day. Those votes will catch up soon enough :kiss: :rose:

Red: Don't worry about moving me up. I was just making the offer so it was out there for everyone, in case somebody has an emergency and needs a fill-in when their submission date comes up. I'm perfectly fine with sticking to the schedule already established :)
Don't tease me... :p

Daniellekitten said:
:p
Don't tease me... :p

Tease? Me? Never!
lap.gif
hump.gif

evil.gif

No riding crop though - it's broken. We can't have nice things, I swear!

Daniellekitten said:
*pouts*...My first expiriment in a serial piece (the second chapter anyway) is a Romance, moving over from EC and I've gotten very few reads and even less votes... :(

Must be nice to have "regular readers" :p

Oh, and Red, if people need to move around I'm fine with being shifted one way or the other...I'm pretty easy-going about these things and seeing as I write at work I have at least 5 days each week to get something done...So long as I have some inspiraiton...(Damn Muse has deserted me now that the novella is done)

Slipped Darknacid in between Tulip and Death. :D

**** please note the added red line to this bunch of stuff - - I'll add key facts from author writer's work to this as the story goes. . .like a cheat sheet. ****

NEW SCHEDULE

Ch. 01 - RedHairedandFriendly - approved 8/29
Ch. 02 - DanielleKitten - submit by August 29th
Ch. 03 - Tseranc - submit by September 5th
Ch. 04 - Black Tulip - submit by September 12th
Ch. 05 - Darknacid - submit by September 15th
Ch. 06 - deathlynx - submit by September 19th
Ch. 07 - SEVERUSMAX - submit by September 26th
Ch. 08 - RedHairedandFriendly - submit by October 10th
*Ch. 09 - DanielleKitten - submit by October 17th

If you DO NOT want to write a second chapter in the story or it doesn't go into the higher chapters then please understand the * chapters may not happen. Thanks

The title: Laresa's World Ch. 01: XXXXXX (Your title choice)

If you wish to submit early let me know and I can change the schedule to reflect that. I kept the schedule pretty much the way folks posted coming into the story. With the exception of Danielle and Black Tulip. I know Danielle has a story almost ready to go, so I put her in 2nd. With the stories jumping back and forth through time, if you submit early isn't a big issue, just please let me know if you do, or if you can't reach the schedule date.

Since we didn't get a lot of feedback on if this was going to be her retelling her life or not, I'm not going to start the story that way. We'll need her to reach a place in the story where she either wants freedom, gets it with a Master/Mistress, or something else happens to her, but we can talk more of that later.

I'll submit mine tonight and whoever would like the first copy just let me know. Since we aren't writing the typical genie I'd like to stay away from the standard three wishes and make her use to a Master/Mistress coralate with the ring. So she's pretty much a slave with powers of a Genie and once the person loses the ring, they lose her.

We'll travel through time and space. CAN'T alter major historical events.

She'll have limits: Not bringing back the dead, but if there is one breath left in the body, she can heal them.

How does one lose her: Lose the ring, have it stolen, and lie to her. I like the idea of lieing to her. Like I said you don't have to lie to her, she's going to willingly do as you ask anyway, whether she likes it or not. So lieing to her means the ring disappears, where it goes in time or space is up to you the writer. Rules can not be revealed unless the Master/Mistress asks about them.

Summening her. Twisting the ring counter-clockwise by accident, and twisting it while whispering her name on purpose.

Anything else we can think of we can post here.

New date noted - I've alerted my editor to sharpen his red sword and be prepared to take to horse shortly ;)

Tseranc, if you could pm me, I'd like to get a copy of your chapter - so I can see if there is anything I need to work into mine for continuity.

Black Tulip: Drop me a pm when you finish yours as well, so I can get my lead-in from your chapter written and get the story off into Roust's hands for final editing.

As soon as mine is finished Deathlynx, I'll whip you off a copy in email - along with a couple of ideas that have been floating around in my head about transitioning to the next Master in your chapter. Mine ends much as the two already up on Lit, with no indication of how she moves on. I'll drop the idea I have on you, and you can decide whether to use it or not in transition to your chapter. I can send you what I have now, which is the meat of the story ( including the ending ) if you want the extra time to contemplate it.

I've had a really productive weekend, and I'm chugging right along thusfar this week as well, so I might just start working on another chapter here soon. I'll pop in and confirm for another if this idea sprouts :)

Sounds great, Red. I look forward to what happens to my character and Laresa. :D

I was working with the notion that she can alter memories, but it isn't certain that she can change people's feelings - the old free will clause. It is possible for her, but not a certainty.

Thoughts? Because I'll need to reword some things if we want her to have full blown power over love and other emotions.

Darkniciad said:
I was working with the notion that she can alter memories, but it isn't certain that she can change people's feelings - the old free will clause. It is possible for her, but not a certainty.

Thoughts? Because I'll need to reword some things if we want her to have full blown power over love and other emotions.

We all ready said she can not make someone fall in love. So to me that would be controlling an emotion. This is noted in Danielle's Chapter. (I believe)

We all ready said she can not make someone fall in love. So to me that would be controlling an emotion. This is noted in Danielle's Chapter. (I believe)

Yep, as soon as I saw this post, the line from Danielle's story snapped into focus in my head like I was looking at it on the screen. May want to add that to the list of her rules in the "guidelines" on the next posting. That was what had me wondering - it not being there when I knew I had that line of thinking for a reason *laugh*

Loved your chapter too Red, the old sea-dog in the beginning came through especially strong to me. I hit the five vote and was on my way to comment when my boy hit the switch on the power strip and turned the computer off. I have a dynamic IP, so going back to comment would have dropped another vote on the total. I decided I was just going to post or PM it, rather than add a vote which would vanish in the next sweep ( I hate seeing votes vanish meself ) and then got wrapped up in all the stuff I was finishing and forgot - so here it is :)

=======

*Sneaks up behind Danielle and whispers* You're in the top ten of the overall toplist with your chapter, by the way. Toldja :rose:

( the offer for a spanking still stands ;) )

Last edited:
Darkniciad said:
Yep, as soon as I saw this post, the line from Danielle's story snapped into focus in my head like I was looking at it on the screen. May want to add that to the list of her rules in the "guidelines" on the next posting. That was what had me wondering - it not being there when I knew I had that line of thinking for a reason *laugh*

Loved your chapter too Red, the old sea-dog in the beginning came through especially strong to me. I hit the five vote and was on my way to comment when my boy hit the switch on the power strip and turned the computer off. I have a dynamic IP, so going back to comment would have dropped another vote on the total. I decided I was just going to post or PM it, rather than add a vote which would vanish in the next sweep ( I hate seeing votes vanish meself ) and then got wrapped up in all the stuff I was finishing and forgot - so here it is :)

=======

*Sneaks up behind Danielle and whispers* You're in the top ten of the overall toplist with your chapter, by the way. Toldja :rose:

( the offer for a spanking still stands ;) )

I thought I had put it in there. Hmmm. . . I shall now. Thanks, and sorry about that.

**** please note the added red line to this bunch of stuff - - I'll add key facts from author writer's work to this as the story goes. . .like a cheat sheet. ****

NEW SCHEDULE

Ch. 03 - Tseranc - submitted by September 5th (Sept. 03 early submission)
Ch. 04 - Black Tulip - submit by September 12th
Ch. 05 - Darknacid - submit by September 15th
Ch. 06 - deathlynx - submit by September 19th
Ch. 07 - SEVERUSMAX - submit by September 26th
Ch. 08 - RedHairedandFriendly - submit by October 10th
*Ch. 09 - DanielleKitten - submit by October 17th

If you DO NOT want to write a second chapter in the story or it doesn't go into the higher chapters then please understand the * chapters may not happen. Thanks

The title: Laresa's World Ch. 01: XXXXXX (Your title choice)

If you wish to submit early let me know and I can change the schedule to reflect that. With the stories jumping back and forth through time, if you submit early isn't a big issue, just please let me know if you do, or if you can't reach the schedule date.

She's pretty much a slave with powers of a Genie and once the person loses the ring, they lose her.

We'll travel through time and space.

Her Limits:

CAN'T alter major historical events.
She can't make anyone fall in love.
Can't bring back the dead, but if there is one breath left in the body, she can heal them.

How does one lose her: Lose the ring, have it stolen, and lie to her. I like the idea of lieing to her. Like I said you don't have to lie to her, she's going to willingly do as you ask anyway, whether she likes it or not. So lieing to her means the ring disappears, where it goes in time or space is up to you the writer. Rules can not be revealed unless the Master/Mistress asks about them.

Summening her: Twisting the ring counter-clockwise by accident, and twisting it while whispering her name on purpose.

Anything else we can think of we can post here and I'll add.

I thought you could lose her by asking one of the forbidden things as well.

Or was that just my assumption?

:eek:

Black Tulip said:
I thought you could lose her by asking one of the forbidden things as well.

Or was that just my assumption?

:eek:

Hmmm.... I think it was just if you lied to her or the ring was stolen. Ignorance of her rules would be a punishment one took upon themselves for not asking. So would this mean she was lost to them too?? Like she would be if they lied to her??

Opinions please? :D

Hmmm.... I think it was just if you lied to her or the ring was stolen. Ignorance of her rules would be a punishment one took upon themselves for not asking. So would this mean she was lost to them too?? Like she would be if they lied to her??

Opinions please? :D
I like ignorance being a potential punishment so I'd vote they lose her if they ask for something she can't (or is it simply forbidden?) do whether through ignorance or simply insistance...

Also might I suggest adding that she's not allowed to tell how she can be released (As in "Genie I wish you free!")? It might make the final chapter (whoever gets to do it) more interesting as it is entirely driven by the master's search to free her...
And since we haven't discussed it much: her complete freedom when someone wishes for nothing else but her freedom and uses her full name? Oooh! I just had a great idea for the final chapter! I could write it pretty generically so it's ready to submit when everything begins to peter out (not as my current chapter, never fear)...Anyone else claimed her ultimate freedom chapter yet?

Oh, and Red, when you reposted the rules you went back to the older schedule :eek: :p

Last edited:
deathlynx said:
I like ignorance being a potential punishment so I'd vote they lose her if they ask for something she can't (or is it simply forbidden?) do whether through ignorance or simply insistance...

Also might I suggest adding that she's not allowed to tell how she can be released (As in "Genie I wish you free!")? It might make the final chapter (whoever gets to do it) more interesting as it is entirely driven by the master's search to free her...
And since we haven't discussed it much: her complete freedom when someone wishes for nothing else but her freedom and uses her full name? Oooh! I just had a great idea for the final chapter! I could write it pretty generically so it's ready to submit when everything begins to peter out (not as my current chapter, never fear)...Anyone else claimed her ultimate freedom chapter yet?

Oh, and Red, when you reposted the rules you went back to the older schedule :eek: :p

No, the schedule is right, I removed my first date and Danielle's. Deathlynx is inserted between Tulip and you. I never changed your submission date. Noted Tseranc had submitted his 2 days early, but I didn't change submission dates for anyone else, opting to leave those the same too.

Yeah, the freedom thing I don't want to have happen until it seems right.

I also have an idea on that, but it won't come out until after Tseranc's chapter. I think once you read it you'll see why I want to present an option to the group too. We'll have to see how all these chapters work together and then come back here for a final decision.

So claiming the final ultimate freedom chapter I think is too early to do. We'll need to read all the stories the authors' offer up and go from there.

I love the input on this chain and really look forward to all the stories.

Back