Sci-Fi/Fantasy Chain Story Idea

You are not going to shut up and color, though I've seen you handy work with my sig pics, so I know you can cut and paste, just need to give you some glue.

I do like this idea too. It would mean a person could skip and jump through time and space. (Are we wanting to do space jumping? I'm still unsure on this one)

I can see one drawback. . .

There was no set path for On the Bus when it was done, it carried a few stories and then ended. Why? I'm not sure, except interest waned. With Dry Valley there is a beginning, middle, and an end.

With this we have the ending. . . and would be jumping around like On the Bus, so would knowing the ending be a downer?

Hmmm... points to ponder.

maybe the space jumping coudl wait...i mean if we set a year in the future that she was released, it woudl give a limit as to just hwo sci-fi out there we could go. 2012 - not so much crazier then modern times. the 433rd year after departure (the time when humanity left earth because the sun was comign to burn it up) ...well thats leaves quite a bit more room for seriously crazy stuff.

LImits are cool, i need them I'll admit.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
The Dry Valley Chain Story will be ending soon and I have thought up another, because I have had a blast writing Dry Valley and enjoyed the short, but naughty. . .On the Bus. :D

Laresa & The People Who Use Her
Not to step on toes, but I was actually thinking myself of starting (or getting someone else to start) an Arabian Nights chain story...if it hasn't already been done.

I'd love to see people take Arabian Nights stories--the real ones, and re-tell them with an erotic twist. Sinbad and Aladdin include.

I wonder if a genie going hand to hand might not better serve as a framework to tell erotic Arabian nights stories (if, for example, she was the genie of Aladdin's lamp and could tell the REAL story of that young man)--along with each story's framework tale of the genie's erotic wish granting before the lamp is passed on to a new person.

I've seen genie stories in just about every category on Lit and I'd like to see more to them than just erotic wish granting.

If this does not appeal to you, however, then I'll propose the Erotic Arabian Nights stories separately.

Last edited:

This is a great idea. I see it as two seperate projects. Both very good ones. I see Laresa as more of a traveling story that would lead to her ultimate freedom. I don't believe that concept would fit with your suggestion. I also don't believe you'd be stepping on toes either, you have a great idea.

I'm in...Thanks Red. I appreciate the look see at what I came up with so far. With the way I feel, I should have it done by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Then you could tell me if it's good enough for the chain.

I'll put a schedule up for the confirmed folks sometime tomorrow, this won't mean others can't join in. Do we want scheduled dates giving 7 days between them at the most?

Alex De Kok said:
Laresa's worlds? See, I told you I'd keep an eye on this! Perhaps "Laresa's Worlds: (Name)" where (Name) could be a person, or a place?

Just my two cents/pennies

Alex

I like that suggestion, Alex.

Or even shorter: Laresa and ...

the dots to be connected by the individual writer? :D

Red,

One week apart is fine, so long as I can get somebody to edit my English within a week.

:rolleyes:

One chapter is fine, maybe more, but I can't really say as I'm in the proces of finding myself a new job.

:nana:

ETA: Laresa's Worlds Chapter 1: xxx sounds a lot better.
I'd rather have her life unfold, without the end being known to the reader.
We could go for a master who wants to know all about her as the framework, but what happens to him is the surprise ending?

Last edited:
3113 said:
Not to step on toes, but I was actually thinking myself of starting (or getting someone else to start) an Arabian Nights chain story...if it hasn't already been done.

I'd love to see people take Arabian Nights stories--the real ones, and re-tell them with an erotic twist. Sinbad and Aladdin include.

I wonder if a genie going hand to hand might not better serve as a framework to tell erotic Arabian nights stories (if, for example, she was the genie of Aladdin's lamp and could tell the REAL story of that young man)--along with each story's framework tale of the genie's erotic wish granting before the lamp is passed on to a new person.

I've seen genie stories in just about every category on Lit and I'd like to see more to them than just erotic wish granting.

If this does not appeal to you, however, then I'll propose the Erotic Arabian Nights stories separately.

Go for the Erotic Arabian Nights! It's a good idea.

Hasn't it been done yet? :eek: How is that possible?

:D

Black Tulip said:
< ... snipped ... >
Red,

One week apart is fine, so long as I can get somebody to edit my English within a week.

:rolleyes:
< ... more snip ... >
Send it to me - I'll have time to edit, even if I don't contribute.

Alex

Black Tulip said:
Go for the Erotic Arabian Nights! It's a good idea.

Hasn't it been done yet? :eek: How is that possible?

As the redoubtable Og reminded me, the original Arabian Nights stories are erotic. We generally only read the tame translations. Find an unexpurgated version, and read for yourself.

This chain might well be better with a new viewpoint.

Alex

Good morning. :)

There are just a few things I want to clear up before posting a schedule.

1. Are we wanting to travel through space? (I diffently like the idea of time jumping and want to incorporate that... but not sure about space, so I'd like to know opinions on that)

2. How long does a Master/Mistress keep her? (meaning does she do the wish thing or is she like a slave. . . as long as he/she has the ring they have her)

3. How do they summon her? (I used an example in the sample clip - turning the ring counter-clockwise, but now that I think about it there weren't always clocks, :rolleyes: so I'd change the wording to resemble the correct time) . . . so to the left, right, or just summon her?

4. Power limits? (I'm remembering my kids' Disney Genie with Robin Williams, he had 3 things he didn't like to do, but 2 at least we know he could do. . .raising people from the dead, no more than 3 wishes, and making someone fall in love with them. . .side note Robin Williams was great in that movie, IMO)

5. Can you think of anything else we should cover at this time. . . (I'm sure we will come across questions as we write - so we can't expect them all to show up)

1. Are we wanting to travel through space? (I diffently like the idea of time jumping and want to incorporate that... but not sure about space, so I'd like to know opinions on that)

2. How long does a Master/Mistress keep her? (meaning does she do the wish thing or is she like a slave. . . as long as he/she has the ring they have her)

3. How do they summon her? (I used an example in the sample clip - turning the ring counter-clockwise, but now that I think about it there weren't always clocks, :rolleyes: so I'd change the wording to resemble the correct time) . . . so to the left, right, or just summon her?

4. Power limits? (I'm remembering my kids' Disney Genie with Robin Williams, he had 3 things he didn't like to do, but 2 at least we know he could do. . .raising people from the dead, no more than 3 wishes, and making someone fall in love with them. . .side note Robin Williams was great in that movie, IMO)

5. Can you think of anything else we should cover at this time. . . (I'm sure we will come across questions as we write - so we can't expect them all to show up)
Don't all genies just do the three wish thing? I mean, even in Charmed, he only gave them three wishes each.

In the story I started, the ring slid around his finger and that is what brought her out of it...if it get's changed, let me know so I can change my storyline.

Through time is definitely good, but space? I mean, you can do the scifi aspect and just have it be in our future. I'll have to keep an eye on the thread so that I can change my story to fit what every one else decides.

(and I loved Robin Williams in that movie. I borrowed my sister's kids so I could go see it and not look like an idiot.)

Genie legends and myths vary wildly...Everything from 1 to 3 wishes are standard...Not all have restriction as in Aladin...like most of the more common mythical creatures their powers change based on the needs of the story (as Trekers would say, "Warp Speed = Speed of Plot")...

1. Time - yes, space - not necessary for me, but no objection either.

2. After the wishes are spent, the ring gets lost/stolen/leaves the current master/mistress of its own accord?

3. Hm, I think it has to be some action you could accidentally do to summon her.

4. I'd go for three wishes; it's nice to have the genie not liking some things and some things are forbidden, ex. bringing back from the dead, killing people.

5. Nope, not right now.

Solved - - 1. Time and Space is doable. So depending on the writer, we may see our Genie in another galaxy. . . how a writer brings that ring back to Earth or to the past would be up to either the way the other writer ends the story or how the new author begins it.

2. & 4. Three wishes is standard, like deathlynx stated. Do we want standard? The idea of the Master/Mistress keeping her "tethered" to them until their death, or until they lose her, have her stolen. . perhaps someone chops their finger off and takes the ring. Limitations - - I can go with her not being able to bring back the dead. . .as long as their is breath in their body she can heal them, but once that final breath is gone. . .she's powerless??

3. Summoning her. . .twisting the ring back and forth on the characters finger would be accidently summoning her. Once the person knows she's there perhaps he would then beable to summon her at will????

Ohhh I had an idea. . .What if he/she loses Laresa if they lie to her. She is all knowing, so to lie to her is one thing, to ask her to be dishonest and change the coarse of history is another. She'll do it all willingly. . .so why should a Master/Mistress lie to her? Just a thought I had as I was writing this story out.

Count me in. I'm interested in writing an ambitious and outraged serf who wants some payback against his feudal lord. :D

So for "count me in" we have. . .

Me.
Tseranc
Black Tulip
Danielle Kitten
deathlynx
SEVERUSMAX

Any others? ? ?

(this isn't an order of who is writing first, just an idea of who has committed to write a chapter)

The title.

Laresa's World Ch. 01: XXXXXX (Your title choice)

Schedule

Author's can still join this story line. :) But here is a schedule for now. We can change it and move dates up if needed.

Ch. 01 - RedHairedandFriendly - submit by August 22nd
Ch. 02 - DanielleKitten - submit by August 29th
Ch. 03 - Tseranc - submit by September 5th
Ch. 04 - Black Tulip - submit by September 12th
Ch. 05 - deathlynx - submit by September 19th
Ch. 06 - SEVERUSMAX - submit by September 26th

The title.
Laresa's World Ch. 01: XXXXXX (Your title choice)

If you wish to submit early let me know and I can change the schedule to reflect that. I kept the schedule pretty much the way folks posted coming into the story. With the exception of Danielle and Black Tulip. I know Danielle has a story almost ready to go, so I put her in 2nd. With the stories jumping back and forth through time, if you submit early isn't a big issue, just please let me know if you do, or if you can't reach the schedule date.

Since we didn't get a lot of feedback on if this was going to be her retelling her life or not, I'm not going to start the story that way. We'll need her to reach a place in the story where she either wants freedom, gets it with a Master/Mistress, or something else happens to her, but we can talk more of that later.

I'll submit mine tonight and whoever would like the first copy just let me know. Since we aren't writing the typical genie I'd like to stay away from the standard three wishes and make her use to a Master/Mistress coralate with the ring. So she's pretty much a slave with powers of a Genie and once the person loses the ring, they lose her.

We'll travel through time and space.

She'll have limits: Not bringing back the dead, but if there is one breath left in the body, she can heal them.

How does one lose her: Lose the ring, have it stolen, and lie to her. I like the idea of lieing to her. Like I said you don't have to lie to her, she's going to willingly do as you ask anyway, whether she likes it or not. So lieing to her means the ring disappears, where it goes in time or space is up to you the writer.

Summinging her. Twisting the ring counter-clockwise by accident, and twisting it while whispering her name on purpose.

Anything else we can think of we can post here.

Last edited:
Wonderful. . .I did just run into a snag as I was writing I realized that. . . if the person doesn't like the outcome they would try and change the wish back, so we should make it so once the deed is done it can't be undone. Agreed?

Wonderful. . .I did just run into a snag as I was writing I realized that. . . if the person doesn't like the outcome they would try and change the wish back, so we should make it so once the deed is done it can't be undone. Agreed?
Works for me...she can warn mistresses/masters she likes ahead of time and others just get what's coming to 'em...After all if she knows all (the lie thing) then she should know already if she's going to like 'em...

I submitted Laresa's World Ch. 01: Adam

( I wanted a different title like ... changing tides. . .lol... but the title was too long, and nothing catchy came to mind.)

Back