Pink Orchid 2024: Story Event for Women-Centric Erotica - Official Support Thread

Omenainen

Finnishing
I'm posting this thread to officially kick of the "Pink Orchid 2024: Story Event for Women-Centric Erotica"

Stories are to be posted between 1st of January and 29th of February 2024, and the story list will be published on the International Women's Day, March 8th of 2024.

Theme of the event: sex positivity and women as the subjects of their own lives. Women in control of their own pleasure and passion. Erotic tales where women make sense and have agency. The aim is not to turn tables and write femdom, male-bashing or revenge stories, but produce sex positive stories of women existing for their own sake and living, loving and lusting on their own terms.

This event is open for absolutely everyone. Stories are not limited by anything other than Literotica's standard rules - you can write in any category.

Rules:
1. Write a story in which a female character has agency and makes sense on her own terms.
2. Include text "PINK ORCHID" in the Note to Admin-field
3. Post your story in January through February 2024

That's it! Now go forth and write! If you have any comments, questions or ideas, post on this thread.

Obs! Since this is a writer's challenge and not a competition, stories can also be submitted to any and all competitions and other events with overlapping submission times. I will update this post to include links to them as they are announced. If you want to take part in other events, make sure to comply to limitations set by them, for example in competitions one has to enter a standalone story and not a chapter of ongoing series.

The event announcement on the story side is here

Edited to add: The final list is out! 55 stories, by 39 different authors, in 19 different categories, for a grand total of 546 409 words. So cool! I'll post more statistics at the end of the thread.

Last edited:
Here's links to the 2023 and 2022 event threads, in case anyone is interested.

For anyone concerned if your story idea is applicable: I'm not an authority but I do host the event, so I will personally offer to beta read for anyone who wants to hear my opinion on their entry - provided it's humanly possible, so please ask early. Any category or subject matter will do. I'm not squeamish.

In 2022 I read all the entries and left comments, and because I am apparently too rude for that, I will now let people opt in. So if you do want me to read and comment your event story, tell me, and I will. Otherwise I might not and will keep at least all the non-praising comments to myself :D

For anyone that feels "write women that make sense" is too broad an ask, I present the optional sub-quest: space hippies.

I had great fun with this one last time and look forward to participating again.

Edit - wait ... space hippies? :unsure:

I would love to read about space hippies. Thereā€™s been bitching in the past that this is too broad a scope, that itā€™s too easy, so if anyone feels like that I narrowed it down for their convenience.

I know I should enter a story in the event. I freeze up when I attempt to figure out what kind of story to write.

I was thinking maybe a sequel to She's a Bully. Or another, My Name's Amy. Hell, I don't think My Name's Amy is even here. (kind-a has some stuff not allowed here.)

@Omenainen could I send you an outline of something I'm working on? I think it would be a good fit for the theme, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate or if it would be better submitted on its own.

I was thinking maybe a sequel to She's a Bully. Or another, My Name's Amy. Hell, I don't think My Name's Amy is even here. (kind-a has some stuff not allowed here.)

Well, obviously you canā€™t have stuff not allowed here, but in other ways events are very forgiving. Chapters to series are okay, sequels are okay, pretty much everything goes.

@Omenainen could I send you an outline of something I'm working on? I think it would be a good fit for the theme, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate or if it would be better submitted on its own.

Sure thing! PM me for my email if you donā€™t have it already. Google docs is fine or a document attachment.

Also, this event has traditionally overlapped with the 750 word one, so thatā€™s a pretty easy first step to take. My basic advice for people worried about writing women is to write a story with only women, that way one of them is likely to make sense šŸ˜

I already have a 750-er in the hopper that will fit right in. Now I need to work on a longer one. Got to think about it for awhile.

My basic advice for people worried about writing women is to write a story with only women, that way one of them is likely to make sense šŸ˜
The urge to prove you wrong rises within me...

Sadly, a story where none of the characters make sense is probably neither fun to read nor fun to write.

The urge to prove you wrong rises within me...

Sadly, a story where none of the characters make sense is probably neither fun to read nor fun to write.
I dunno, I loved The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
Which dovetails nicely with the idea of space hippies that I was delighted to see.
I'm now imagining Janis Joplin flying off into space with Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I would love to read about space hippies. Thereā€™s been bitching in the past that this is too broad a scope, that itā€™s too easy, so if anyone feels like that I narrowed it down for their convenience.
Well, the peak of the hippie "movement " (it was over-hyped in the media) and the peak of the American space program roughly overlapped in the late 1960's. However, the use of psychotropic drugs is not a good idea when operating complicated spacecraft. The Wrong Stuff indeed.

Everyone on Earth with access to a screen held their breath as the door of the mysterious spaceship opened. The woman who stepped out was green all over, from her twisted dreadlocks to her full breasts to her ample bush, all the way down to her bare feet. She swayed and sashayed down the ramp until she stood on solid ground. Then she raised her fist and announced, "I claim this planet as my own, and every person on it as my fuck buddy!"

For anyone that feels "write women that make sense" is too broad an ask, I present the optional sub-quest: space hippies.
giphy.gif

You might as well post the entire scene. Godfather Part III didn't quite live up to the standards of the first two. Andy Garcia is great, however.

Didn't Michael say that the Corleone Family would be completely legitimate in five years? That's in part I. Somehow I never believed him.

Fixed it: it's Andy Garcia. Vincent was the name of his character.

Last edited:
Everyone on Earth with access to a screen held their breath as the door of the mysterious spaceship opened. The woman who stepped out was green all over, from her twisted dreadlocks to her full breasts to her ample bush, all the way down to her bare feet. She swayed and sashayed down the ramp until she stood on solid ground. Then she raised her fist and announced, "I claim this planet as my own, and every person on it as my fuck buddy!"
And then you startled yourself awake, and you realized that it was all a dream.

I was going to write another story with Geek Pride narrator Amanda Watson. Maybe that will be it. She was originally supposed to be a one-off character, but she's already generated two additional stories. March 2024 is a long time to wait, but there are other things I could push forward in the meantime.

Back