Perfect Timing (Closed for NewGame8)

Steven was surprised at Pamela's sudden end to their conversation. It was obvious to him that he had offended her, but that had not been his intention. He just wanted her to have a good time and not worry about making sure that he had a good time. Obviously, he hadn't been very good at communicating his message.

He walked to one of the bars and ordered a Rum Runner. Once he had his drink, he made his way to his cabin. His bag was in his cabin when he got there. Placing it on the bed, he opened it and took out his bathroom bag and placed it in the small bathroom. Then, he went out onto the balcony with his drink.

Looking out over the water as they made their way away from the Florida coast, Steven wondered if it was a good idea to come on this cruise. They had just left the dock and already he had upset someone, and the person he had upset was someone who was trying to help him. He thought that maybe he should have just taken her up on her offer. After all, she was very attractive and was obviously very knowledgeable about the cruise and the destinations.

After finishing his drink on the balcony, Steven decided to change and go check out the pool. He was pretty sure it would be crowded, but he was going to give it a try. Once he had changed, he made his way up to the pool and walked around. He was correct, it was packed. There wasn't much room in the pool itself and there wasn't an empty lounger to be found. Now he knew why he had never been on a cruise before...... too many people in a confined space.

After enjoying the ocean air for a bit, Pam went back into her room and started to get ready to go to the dining room for dinner. Choosing a strapless, knee length sundress that accentuated her curves in a classy, tasteful way and cream colored sandals. Stepping out of the shower, she brushed her teeth, blew out her hair and applied some mascara and lipstick. Pam had never really worn a lot of make up, but her essentials were mascara and lipstick. Once ready, she grabbed her key card and purse and headed down to the dining room.

Deciding to stop at one of the bars to grab a drink on the way to dinner, Pam ordered a rum punch. While waiting, she looked around at all the people, she spotted Steven sipping on some tropical looking drink, he appeared to be deep in thought, perhaps she had been a little short with him. Pam knew he probably came here to get away from people and just relax and didn't need some woman showing him around. Now she knew why she rarely talked to men first, always making somewhat of a fool of herself. Asking the bartender for a piece of paper, she wrote a note and had him give it to Steven.

Sorry for the brisk exit, I get a little carried away sometimes when talking about cruises. I completely understand and know you'll find all the wonderful spots the islands have to offer. See you tomorrow at 6.....Pamela. She folded it and saw the bartender give him the note, but managed to leave before he could spot her. Pam found a quiet, out of the way table and sat down and looked over the menu.

Surprised when the bartender approached him, Steven took the note that was handed to him. "Who is this from?" The bartender turned and pointed, then looked back at Steven. "She was right there at the bar, but now she is gone." Steven thanked the bartender, then opened the note.

The note confirmed that Pamela had felt insulted by what he had said to her. He shook his head. "I just wanted her to know that I wanted her to have a good time and not have to worry about me. I didn't mean to brush her off or send her away," he said out loud... louder than he really intended. Several people looked in his direction. Steven shrugged his shoulders when he saw them looking at him.

After finishing his drink, Steven made another lap around the pool. He was surprised at some of the bathing suits that both men and women wore. There were several people who obviously were stretching the limits of the material. There were also some who looked very good in the outfits they had on. Several women caught his eye. As he walked around, he wondered what type of bathing suit Pamela would wear to the pool. He tried to picture it in his mind. She had looked so good in the dress she was wearing when they met. He imagined she would look incredibly sexy in a bikini.

Heading back to his cabin, Steven showered and then dressed for dinner. He had considered just eating at the grill station on the upper deck, but decided he would save that for later in the cruise. Wearing a pair of khakis, a long sleeve blue dress shirt, and boat shoes with no socks, Steven headed down to the dining room. When the hostess asked him if he was interested in a shared table, Steven shook his head "no." He was promptly seated at a table by himself.

Looking over the menu, Steven couldn't decide whether he wanted chicken or fish. When the waitress came to take his order, he said to her, "Do me a favor.. surprise me. I can't decided on the chicken or the fish... you pick for me, but don't tell me what you choose." The waitress said she could not do that. "Of course you can. I won't tell anyone." The waitress continued to say she couldn't do it, so, Steven ordered the flounder.

He was a little disappointed that the waitress wouldn't do it, but it was obvious she was afraid she would get in trouble. He just wanted to add a little fun to the beginning of the trip. He sat at the table, sipping his water, looking around while waiting for his meal.

Pam looked at the menu and decided on the Grilled Atlantic Salmon in a Pan Asian sauce, seasoned green beans and roasted baby potatoes seasoned with black pepper. Sipping on her drink while waiting for her food to arrive, she wondered….and hoped she’d run into Steven and show him he really hadn’t offended her. Being on a cruise, especially your first one can be a bit overwhelming and Pam enjoyed the thought of showing him all around, as she missed having someone here with her.

After finishing her dinner, Pam decided to go to the upper deck and look out at the stars for a bit. It was a warm, but breezy night with a sky full of stars. She found that not many people came up here and was surprised, it was a peaceful, beautiful spot. Sitting on one of the lounge chairs, she sipped her rum punch and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings and the sound of the ocean.

When Steven's dinner was served, he was surprised to find that his flounder was stuffed with crabmeat. He, obviously, had not read the menu thoroughly. It was, however, a pleasant surprise. He enjoyed the meal, thoroughly and took his time eating it. Throughout the meal, Steven looked around at the people in the dining room. There were couples eating alone. There were large groups of people sitting together, and there were smaller groups of people who had obviously agreed to be seated with other, which created larger groups. He found the whole thing rather interesting.

Once he was finished eating, Steven made his way up to the top deck again. Having never been on a cruise before, he wondered what it was like to look out over the ocean when it was dark out. When he got to the top deck, he walked around a little before finding a spot to lean on the rail and look out through the darkness. He thought about what brought him here. It was something he had never done and he contemplated whether or not it had been a good decision. Well, it was only Day 1... time would tell.

Pam was unsure of how much time had passed since she’d come up on the upper deck. It was quiet except for the occasional guest that passed by. She looked to the right of her and saw someone else sitting and enjoying the cool ocean breeze, as she looked closer she recognized it to be Steven. Once again to be deep in thought, she wondered if he had read the note she sent over. It had been a long first day and she was exhausted, getting up from her chair, she knew she’d have to pass by to go to her cabin.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Pam smiled softly at Steven as he looked up and saw her, showing him that she was not upset from his response at her offer. “It’s lovely up here at night and so peaceful, this is one of my favorite spots on the ship, you discovered my secret hiding spot.” Pam laughed a little. “Steven, I’m sorry I stormed off and if I stepped out of line with my offer. This is my first cruise alone and I just thought it would be nice to have some company to explore the destinations with. I didn’t mean for it to seem like I was “babysitting” you, it was just a genuine friendly offer.

"Oh, hi Pamela. Just sitting here thinking about my first day cruising and how I upset the one person who had taken the time to try to help me." Steven stood up as Pamela approached him. "I have to apologize to you. I had no intention of insulting you earlier. I truly appreciate that you have been so helpful and were willing to act as my tour guide."

He couldn't help but notice how incredible Pamela looked. She made the sundress that she was wearing look absolutely amazing. It was a struggle for him to maintain eye contact with Pamela, but he managed to do so after his eyes had moved quickly over her perfect form.

"You had every right to leave me when you did. As I thought back on it, it was like I was trying to get rid of you and that was not what I was doing. I was just trying to make sure that you enjoy your cruise. As for having company to explore the destinations with, if the offer is still open, I would love to accompany you on explorations of the different places where we stop."

“Hi Steven.” Pam listened as Steven explained himself, he had a sexy, soothing voice. She realized that this was the first time she had seen him with his sunglasses on, she couldn’t tell what color they were, but she could see he had kind eyes. Pam could feel her walls lower a bit as she listened to Steven apologize to her.

“I forgive you, but I understand where you were coming from. A lot of people just like to be alone and do their own thing and relax.” When he stood up, this was when she realized just how tall he was, the excitement and chaos of the muster drill, she hadn’t really noticed.

Pam smiled when he asked her if her offer was still open to explore the islands with her. “Yes, it certainly is, I’d love to show you all the wonderful sights and places. We should be docking in Celebration Key around 11am tomorrow morning and our time to get on the boat for our sunset cruise isn’t until 6, we could leave earlier if you’d like and go into town.”

It felt good to be standing talking to Pamela. There was something about her that made him relax. There was still the stress of doing something for the first time, but, somehow, Pamela helped to minimize his anxiety.

"I would love to accompany you into town after we dock. I am not sure, but I would imagine that there is a mad dash to get off the ship once we dock. Do we get in with the mayhem, or do we give it a little while before disembarking?" Steven had decided that he would let Pamela make any decisions about the sightseeing since she was the experienced cruiser.

As they talked, Steven couldn't help but let his eyes move over Pamela. In the dress she had worn when boarding the cruise she had looked very good. The dress she wore this evening looked even better on her. He started thinking that being accompanied into town by such a beautiful and sexy woman would not be a bad thing. In fact, he was thinking that it would be great to have such an attractive woman with him. It sure would make the others jealous of him.

Pam felt completely comfortable in Steven’s presence, she could usually tell right away if she felt comfortable around a man and unfortunately it was few and far between. Something about him just calmed her anxiety and allowed her to lower her guard a bit. She was happy he agreed to accompany her to explore their destinations together.

“Yes, it’s quite chaotic, I usually wait about 30 minutes and it’s calmed down quite a bit. Think of it like when your plane lands and it’s time to get off, everyone tries to get off to go to baggage claim. I’m usually one of the last off the plane.” Pam would check the itinerary before going to bed and pick out a few places for them to explore.

As her and Steven talked, her eyes looked him over. From what she could tell, it looked like he kept himself in excellent shape and also dressed well, she wondered how he wasn’t taken. She felt incredibly lucky to be looking at all the beautiful sights the next few days with this incredibly attractive man by her side.

"Then I think that is a plan. We will wait about 30 minutes, let the chaos settle and then I will accompany my personal tour guide as she shows me the wonderful sights. I really do appreciate you taking the time to show me around Pamela."

He thought for a second about what he would do if Pamela did not offer to show him the sights. He would probably get off the ship, wander around a little bit, and then head back to the ship and just sit by the pool. In fact, he knew that is what he would have done, because he had figured there wouldn't be many people still on the ship so the pool wouldn't be crowded. Touring the town with Pamela would be much better.

"So, Pamela, where should we meet in the morning before our tour? It is a big ship, so, we should have a designated spot for me to meet my tour guide." Steven's obsession with having everything planned out was showing through at the moment. It was just the way he was. He rarely just did anything on a whim. Everything had to be planned out. It was one of the reasons he was so good at his job. It was also why he seemed robotic at times when in social settings. He was trying to work on that, but some habits are hard to break.

"Then I think that is a plan. We will wait about 30 minutes, let the chaos settle and then I will accompany my personal tour guide as she shows me the wonderful sights. I really do appreciate you taking the time to show me around Pamela."

Pam listened to Steven agree to waiting the 30 extra minutes to avoid the chaos of leaving the ship when they docked in the morning. She could see he was excited about it and completely relaxed. “Steven, it’s my pleasure. It will be a great day and I’m looking forward to it, besides it beats spending the day at the pool, you’ll never get a good chair and it gets really noisy.”

She was glad he would be spending the next few days exploring the islands with her, Pam had not been looking to roaming about by herself, as she wasn’t used to it. You can appreciate all the beauty with company. It briefly crossed her mind, wondering what Steven would be doing, had he not changed his mind.

“Well according to the itinerary, we should be pulling in about 10 am or so. Would you like to meet me down in the coffee area and we can grab a cup to go and sit on the deck until the crowd has cleared?” Pam smiled listening to him, she could easily sense he was all about having a plan and being organized. She had always been a very organized person, even her closet was organized by articles of clothing and by color and had a travel journal for every trip, they were going to get along just wonderfully.

"Meeting at 10 sounds great. I am an early riser. I will get up early, get in a run around the deck around 7, and that will give me plenty of time to get showered, dressed and ready for my date." He smiled at Pamela when he said date; hoping she knew he was only teasing her.

"I am looking forward to our tour Pamela. I have travelled a lot in the past, but have never been to the Caribbean. So, I am excited to see the town. I have often seen images of the small towns in the Caribbean, but to see them up close will be great; especially with my attractive tour guide."

He did not mean to say that she was attractive despite the fact that he really thought she was. Steven was afraid that Pamela would be offended that he said that. She might feel that he was only agreeing to accompany her because he thought he would get something out of it. He decided not to address it, because if he did it might only make it worse.

"Pamela, I think this cruise might turn out to be even better than I hoped for when I booked it, and I am certain that having someone so generously offer her time and her expertise is going to be the reason for it. Thank you."

“Wonderful, I’ll be getting up around 7 myself for a morning swim, best time to get it in, everyone is still asleep. I’ll have time to get a shower and arrive on time to meet my “date.” Pam laughed nervously to show him she was teasing, as she didn’t want to make him uncomfortable, but to be fair, Steven had also teased about her being his “date.”

“I am too. I’ve been to the Caribbean many times and they have some of the most beautiful beaches you’ll ever see. I’ve been spoiled for life with these beaches, my beaches back home don’t even come close to the ones we will be seeing. Don’t get me wrong, the beaches where I come from are lovely, but nothing like Caribbean beaches. There’s also lots to see in the towns, lots of history, I believe there’s a distillery and so much more.” Pam watched a smile appear on Steven’s face as he listened to her, she took note of his body language, it was telling her he was completely at ease in her presence. She felt her stomach flip and a blush break out when he called her attractive, it had been quite awhile since she’d heard that.

“That makes me happy to hear that. Honestly, I was having second thoughts about it myself, due to the fact this is my first solo cruise and I didn’t know what to expect. You are very welcome, I think the next few days are going to be a wonderful time.”

He was happy that he was going to be able to tour the different destinations that the ship stopped at during the cruise. Having someone who knew her way around the different locations was definitely going to help him better enjoy the trip.

"I look forward to you showing me around the different locations Pamela. I am sure that you will provide me with outstanding information about each of our stops in addition to being great company on the sunset dinner cruise."

Steven could tell that Pamela was happy that he had accepted her offer to show him around the islands. There was something that told Steven that his willingness to accompany her was a relief for her. Maybe it was because she wouldn't have to do it on her own; he wasn't certain, but it made him feel good that Pamela was happy that he would join her on the tours of each island.

"So, we will meet at 10 in the coffee area. Now, if you can just let me know exactly where the coffee area is, I will be sure to be there on time in the morning."

Pam was really looking forward to the next few days, she had already checked several weather apps and they were in for some spectacular weather the rest of the week. She had reserved a preferred table for the sunset dinner cruise on the upper deck which would give them a beautiful view of the sunset.

She smiled.”I promise to do my very best and take you to all my favorite spots and give you all the information on each spot.” Perhaps if we’re lucky we’ll see some dolphins, it really is an amazing sight…the beautiful colors of the sky and the dolphins frolicking in the waves.”

There was something about Steven that made her anxiety disappear, it had been a long time since she had felt completely relaxed in a man’s presence. The thought of him joining her the rest of their trip put her mind at ease, she found him not only very easy to talk to and be around, he was incredibly attractive.

“I can actually do better than that, I was thinking of going down to get a chamomile tea before bed if you’d like to, I can show you exactly where it’s located.”

Nodding his head, Steven agreed to accompany Pamela to get her tea. "That sounds great. It will definitely reduce my chances of getting lost on my way to meet you in the morning. Of course, it won't necessarily eliminate all possibility of me getting lost." He laughed a little as he followed Pamela.

As he walked behind her, Steven could not help to let his eyes wander. He had already had a great view of Pamela from the front, and his eyes couldn't help wander down her body as he got a view from behind. The wiggle was amazing. "Stop," he said to himself, "this woman is being very nice and offering to help you on your first cruise, don't be like that."

When they arrived at the coffee area, Pamela pointed it out to him. Steven looked around to get his bearings. "Okay, I think I can do this. It shouldn't be hard for me to find, and, if we make this our regular meeting place during the cruise, there will be less of a chance I will get lost on each of the other days."

Steven touched Pamela's arm. "Thank you so much for your hospitality Pamela. I really appreciate everything that you have offered, and I am looking forward to sightseeing with you tomorrow and the other days as well. I will see you right here tomorrow morning at 10."

Pam laughed with Steven when he mentioned something about not promising he wouldn’t get lost on the ship. “It’s a piece of cake, depending on where your cabin is, just look for the signs that says Cafe and they will lead you right to it.” She could feel his eyes on her as they walked towards the Cafe, she wasn’t complaining as it had been awhile since she had been looked at that way.

Stop
“Did you say something?” Pam turned around and smiled. Steven froze in his tracks and had a nervous look on his face. She walked towards him and without even thinking she linked her arm through his as they continued on. He seemed to relax as they walked and chatted quietly until they approached the Cafe. “Here we are, this is where we will meet in the morning for the duration of our stay.” Pam smiled and ordered her Decaf Lavender Chamomile Tea. “Would you like anything before we go?”

When Steven reached out to touch her arm and thank her for all that’s she’s offered to him, she felt a spark that made her heart race and her knees weak, there was no doubt in her mind that he felt it too. Pam smiled, “It’s my pleasure, I’m really looking forward to exploring the sites and beautiful views with you, I think we will have a wonderful time together.” Looking at her Apple Watch, she noticed it was a little after 11.” I didn’t realize how late it was getting, I should really get some beauty sleep. Do you remember how to get to your cabin from here and do you mind if I walk with you to the elevators?”

"Beauty sleep? I don't think you need any beauty sleep, but I will be more than happy to walk with you to the elevators." They walked together to the elevators. This time Steven didn't dare walk behind Pamela. He made sure to walk next to her so that he wasn't tempted to check out her perfect ass, and then get caught doing so.

Once on the elevator, he pushed the button for his deck, only to find out that Pamela was on the same deck. Once they exited the elevator, they went in opposite directions. "Well, we are not staying that far from one another, so, if I get lost I can just stand near the elevator and I am sure that you will come by to rescue me." He laughed a little as the walked away.

"Good night Pamela. I will see you upstairs at 10 am. I am looking forward to a great day together."

Pam could feel herself blushing and smiling at Steven’s words about her not needing beauty sleep. “Oh the last thing you want to see is me without a good night’s sleep, I look frightening.” Pam laughed but also gave Steven a wink to let him know she was kidding…kind of. They walked quietly to the elevator and talked quietly on the ride up, it turned out they were staying on the same floor.

"Well, we are not staying that far from one another, so, if I get lost I can just stand near the elevator and I am sure that you will come by to rescue me."

Pam giggled and gave Steven a big smile, she hadn’t laughed or even smiled this much in a very long time, it felt good. She leaned against her door, “Yes, looks like we are neighbors practically, but I would be happy to rescue you. Good night, Steven, see you at 10. I’m also looking forward to a great day together.” Pam gave him a smile and wave before heading into her cabin.

He was surprised at how well he slept that night. Steven had thought that he would struggle to sleep because of the motion of the ship, however, nothing could have been farther from the truth. He slept soundly, and was only awakened when the sun came shining through the glass doors of his balcony.

As soon as he woke up, he was out of bed and changing. Steven put on shorts and a t-shirt and his sneakers and headed to the deck to get his run in. He enjoyed the run, and actually lost count of the number of laps that he did around the ship. He had no clue how far he had run, but after 45 minutes, he decided to call it quits. He stopped and got a large cup of coffee and headed back to his cabin.

Steven took off his sweaty t-shirt and walked out onto the balcony off his cabin. He sat down for a little while and enjoyed looking out over the water as he drank his coffee. He was amazed at how relaxing it was to just sit there and look out over the ocean.

After a while, he decided to get showered and dressed and ready for the day. Once he was showered, he put on a pair of navy blue shorts, a white golf shirt and a pair of boat shoes. He looked in the mirror. "Yep, you look like a tourist."

Approaching the coffee area at 9:45, he looked around and found a table for 2. After getting a cup of coffee, Steven sat down and awaited his tour guide's arrival.

Pam could feel the sun shining through her balcony doors, she stretched and looked at the time, it was nearly 7 and she was well rested and ready to start her day. After putting her swimsuit on she went up to one of a few pools on board, laying her towel on one of the chairs she stepped slowly into the warm but refreshing pool. After about an hour she had enough of the water, after toweling off she stopped in at the Cafe and grabbed a quick breakfast before returning to her cabin to get ready for the day.

After showering and doing her morning skin care routine, she brushed her teeth and went to pick out her outfit for the day. Pam looked through the outfits she had brought with her, she chose a strapless peach sundress and comfortable, yet stylish pair of sandals. By the time she had finished French braiding her hair, it was time to go meet Steven in the cafe to begin their day, she felt a little nervous yet confident it was going to be a great day. After grabbing a small purse and her sunglasses she started to the Cafe. She found him sitting at a tall top with a cup of coffee, smiling at him when he spotted her.

"Well, good morning. Did you sleep okay? Sometimes the water leaves people feeling a bit off, it's never really bothered me though. You look dressed for the day, not to mention comfortable." They sat and talked till about 10:25 and gathered everything up. "Are you ready to start our day? I have a feeling it is going to be nothing short of wonderful.' Pam was hoping they could get to know more about each other while they spent time together. He offered his arm and she slipped her arm through his and they went on their way.

When he saw Pamela approaching him, Steven couldn't help but smile. She looked amazing. The sundress she was wearing most definitely showed off her wonderful figure, and just her presence in the coffee area made the whole area brighter.

It was obvious from the way she approached him that she was excited about the day. She asked questions and talked a mile a minute as soon as they were sitting together. "Yes, I slept very well. I was surprised that I did, but I enjoyed the night air coming through the screen on the balcony door and the motion of the ship wasn't too bad. It was like it rocked me to sleep."

When Pamela was ready to start the day, Steven nodded to her and stood up. He offered Pamela his arm and off they went. They made their way down to disembark and get started on what Steven had a feeling was going to be a memorable day.

Once they were off the ship, he turned to Pamela. "Lead away. I am yours. I am looking forward to spending the day with you showing me around the island."

“That fresh ocean air is the best medicine for a good nights sleep with the breeze coming through the screen, there’s nothing quite like it, I get some of my best sleep on cruises, unless we have bad weather of course.” Pam smiled as the disembarked the ship and headed into the center of town.

Their first stop was a museum that doubled as an art gallery, it had all sorts of history of the island and how it built up to be what it is today and art from local artists. This was one of Pam’s favorite places to visit when she stopped here, as she was quite the history buff. From what she could tell, Steven seemed to love history also. By the time they finished with the museum and art gallery it was just after lunch.” I don’t know about you, but I’m starving. There’s a nice little cafe that looks out over the water and then we can walk through the street market or if you’re interested they have a distillery up on the hill. They give you a tour and a tasting for a small fee. Celebration Key is the smallest of the islands we’ll be visiting so not too much to see as the other 2.”

Looking up and smiling at Steven, “It’s my pleasure to be your guide and spend the day together. I think the next few days are going to be wonderful. I hope you bought your swimsuit for tomorrow’s destination, as we will be spending part of the day on one of the most beautiful beaches you’ve ever seen.”

Back