OOC King and Country

Thats fine, I have no problems with you wishing to change your charecter. Most of my comments werent directed against anyone in particular, just against a general trend i was noticing. I just dont't want this thing with you and him to dominate the thread

Just so no one gets offended. The whole comment about god is how the character I have created sees it. It is not meant to offend anyone, and if it does well then, I guess don't read it. It's just words on a page anyway, right?

I am only posting this because I have seen people flip out over the whole religion issue. But I think we are all mature enough to handle it.

Hey Roland, normally I would of asked you, but Vixen asked me to change you back and you didn't say anything about it...Well anyway you sure as hell aren't as powerful, your only at 50% power, and Lokken only has 25%(for him, still pretty big), and he has a long time recharge rate(it takes about a year to recharge 50% of total). He is a spy, as I took him from a book, I would know. I will not fuck this one up with gods or super-beings. I was about to announce the decrease but I had to do something.

Lady Aline:
That was my intention at the begining, to have be a kind of pseudo GM, show up with the ocasional NPC, like King Morbius, Kuathra, bandits and so.

Then, when I saw the line going up in power scale, I decided to bring Sith in to be able to control things 'from inside'.

Sith is just a mage, who has a very peculiar style of magic, Shadow Magic, designed by him, that is powered by the Shadow realm. This magic is subtle more than anything, and it has 2 or 3 real powerful spells, that have a quirk: they only work against very powerful individuals. On top of that, he only has a thicker skin and venomous touch...

That is why I wanted to send a Paladin, Rorthar, WeaponMaster, which means he is very good with a sword; and has some bless, protection and heal spells, but nothing else. The paladin was / may be going along to make sure everyone acts in a honourable way, they are representing the kingdom of a Paladin of the God of Order!

To Morgoth/Roland: see what you think of the way I've tried to fix things up.

ShyGoddess: about your coment about the gods, I think more or less the same thing. In fact, if the gods escalation would have gone, I was tempted of introducing a new character: God. The only real one. All the rest are just imaginations of humans. He makes them disappear... but that would have been a very very very bad solution...

We are going back and fixing this whole "el bag o crap"

dangit morgoth the transformation thing was part of the story she just asked you to help that dosent neccicarly mean oh just totally cure him annd disregard all ofthe poasts hes dedicated to the thread so far...
this was supposed to be a psycological thing not a power thing you know?he WOULD have been reversed in attitude and in Class this was to achive the Royal sword thing i had going i was trying to make the storyline more intresting but all you did was "ok im not even gonna ask him and just go along and cure him and disregard alll of his ideas" thats exactly what u did so FIX IT OK

I seem to remember putting a climax in the thread to keep it moving forward; if the characters were not assembled in the chapel by sunrise then then the action proceeded out of the castle, was what I wrote. (Look back to my last thread if you disagree.) Was that blatantly ignored? Once again, we are in danger of confusing ourselves. Improvisation is a wonderful thing, but spontainity needs to have some control; so perhaps a clear beginning, middle and end is required, with improv. scenes in the middle...?

_Lady Aline.

Okay, Roland You are now a snake.(Or have you changed your mind again and decided youd rather be a less powerful human.)

[Edited by Morgoth on 07-14-2000 at 02:43 PM]

I think Roland is a Snake Man... like Sith...

Here you have discovered Sith's real secret, he is one of 'em body snatchers... remember the end of the film? ;)

Miller time!

Hey sith can i buy ya a beer?

and morgoth..dont be a smartass

[Edited by Roland Gilliad on 07-14-2000 at 09:56 PM]

hey sith scince you aare using d&D charicters i decided to delve into my files on past games..it seems a long time ago in one of my earlyest game i had a charicter named Roland he was a 30/28/29 warrior/mage/theif he was an Elf race but in the middle of the game he was transformed into somthing but we never continued the game to find out what zeratul is my current char lvl 33/32 Mage/Theif who knows a special magic called Psi Storm witch calls up a devistating multi-enemy attack that has no regard for any armor i figured i would tell you this to clear up some things about the origen of Roland

For how I see it, this line would be for characters less
than lvl 15 in a AD&D game...

But hey, even lvl 33 characters would die if they face an horde, just simple maths:

No magical protections:

100.000 attacks (more, as some are higher lvl warriors)
5.000 20s, even if small arrows or swords (1d6) that would be enough to convert someone into smitherins.

Some magical protection:
some of the arrows are +1 / +2 / +3, and they do have mages who can cast dispel... maybe 100 arrows would be enough
to take someone down...

What I'm trying to say is, no matter what power level, using some kind of AD&D rules, anyone will end dead if they face an army, and the line is intended for medium level characters, it is a peace mission after all.

And what I didn't remember in my last posts: in almost all fantasy magic is slower than a dagger / arrow, even more if it is powerful magic... remember all those conan novels?

too true sith.. im in no mood to take on any armys.. my true personality is shining through and i intend to keep on goin..as for the char roland in this thread i decided a few weeks ago when i started writing here to start a new D&D game with some old pals of mine i recreated roland he is currently 17/16/14 Warrior/Ranger/Paladin and i have made sure that he has been customized to be declared a snake man now :) also i think you math is good but try to figure in some kickass defence i mean lvl33 guys have been around the block more than once so they usually have some serious armor or natural protections. also i knew a guy who played d&d at age 7 and hes 40 now his charicter Jim Rahnor is lvl 100 and recently me and 3 friends with our best charicters took him on and took him down because he didnt have good armor a few simple spells and attacks and so long charlie ':) so consider in good defences and possible protection spells and then redo the math and report your findings!

Open mike Night at the Fantisy Corral

does anybod mind if i use a bit of humor?i have a few ideas!

Yeah, this thread could use some actual humor. (Anybody want to know where I got Morgoth from?)

A bit like acting, writing humour is difficult. To write a "funny" story/ thread, you have to set out writing it without being intentionally funny- confused? I'll explain. When someone is trying to be humorous, it does not work. The audience/ readers will more laugh at his/her attempts at humour rather then this/her jokes. So in answer to your question Roland, write humor- but ask yourself this before you write: "am I a natural comic that can make people laugh easily?" If the answer is no, stick to the style at which you are good at: fantasy.

-Lady Aline

thank You For the compliment and the warning.i think i'll stick to fantasy till i can come up with some kickass jokes thanks...

A word please!

Can I just say...

Morgoth... I DID NOT ASK YOU TO CHANGE ROLAND BACK INTO A HUMAN! I simply asked for help. When you make a huge change to a character who was clearly building up to something, then it's only common sense that that character will be annoyed by a guy waltsing in... waving his hand... and saying it's all been fixed.

And can I just say as a mere female who hasn't had the joy of playing any of the D&D games... All this 1000pt power thing doesn't mean a hell of a lot. I'm glad it does to you boys... but honestly... it's a foreign language to me. Can we just agree to all have some limitations please?

Now... I'm sure we all agree that this fight between Morgoth and Roland is going no where. Can we all please move on from it?

And... it's just a pet hate of mine... but would some people please do a little bit of a spell check before they post? I understand and KNOW that I also make spelling or wording mistakes in the effort to get posts in quickly... but sometimes it's very VERY VERY hard to follow posts where almost every word is miss spelt!

[quiet voice]... don't mean to sound the bitch... but this thread was put up to air out concerns...

so thats what I've done...

Vixen

THANK YOU moneytalks. thanks for being my white knight there. i agree there should be some limitations. Like YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE A GOD UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Sorry guys, my mistake. Like I said, it was a powerful spell. And what the hell so godlike about my characters. And once more Roland, don't mess with my characters!

In regards to Using other's charecters in your own posts:

Perhaps it would be best if we could either come to some sort of general agreement on how much one should write
about other's charecters, or otherwise have everyone post thier own guidelines on how much others can write for their own charecters.

I would rather have a general guideline, as having multiple individual guidelines can hard to keep track of. My own suggestion would be that while writing minor comments and actions is fine, leave any major reactions/uses of ability/statements to the player who created that charecter.

On a completely unrelated issue, as I have had to catch up on several days posts at once, i have noticed that many people have started to bring in more than one charecter. Though I hesistate to bring it up, the group is starting to get rather large, and perhaps it would be best for each player to only run one charecter for now, in order to avoid having too many storlines at the same time. Although we do almost have enough people for now to run 2 peace parties, one going to the Dalelands, and one to Kuathra. Hmmm. Also, there are enough people now that a master list of players/charecters with general charecter notes might be a usefull tool so that players dont need to bactrack through pages of old posts when writing (okay, I'm suggesting this to help me, but I think it could be usefull for others as well :) ).

Incendentally, did the party ever decide on a route of travel?

Hello everyone. My name is Gary. I suppose you all know, I wrote a post on the King and Country. I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. This is my first time doing anything like this, and I felt, well since it was still kind of getting started and all I could join in, join up, well whatever you say to become part of the team.
I would love some criticizm, especially bad. that way I can change it. If you don't want me in the story either that is all right, I can just read your guys', I really like the story.
Like I said, this is my first day, I hope I am not going over my head. And I hope none of you hate me. Thanks for reading this.

I don't hate you at least. You could make your just a little stronger, then maybe he would fit in, for example, why just a sword and a bow, why not the previous two, plus a mace and a warhammer and lightning staff? You see what I mean?

That is a great idea thanks. I think I am going to have a bag of "goodies" that will be filled with just about any weapons that we can use. Thanks for the advice.
Gary

Back