News of the Weird, Odd, Unusual

Girl dances in 'The Nutcracker' after her feet were reattached following accident

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|7 hours ago
Aubrey Scaletta danced alongside her twin sister after undergoing six surgeries to reattach her feet, which were severed in an accident.

Animal shelter celebrates all their dogs getting adopted: 'A true miracle!'

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|19 hours ago
A Pennsylvania animal shelter is celebrating after all their dogs were adopted in time for Christmas. The Adams County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, recently shared in a Facebook post that this is the first time in nearly five decades that they've had all empty kennels ahead of the holiday.

Scientists invent dirt-fuelled power source that ‘lasts forever’
The technology works by generating electricity from naturally-occurring bacteria within the soil, offering a sustainable and renewable alternative to toxic and flammable batteries.
“These microbes are ubiquitous; they already live in soil everywhere,” said George Wells, an associate professor of civil and environmental engineering at Northwestern University.

“We can use very simple engineered systems to capture their electricity. We’re not going to power entire cities with this energy. But we can capture minute amounts of energy to fuel practical, low-power applications.”

The soil-based microbial fuel cell (MFC) is based on a 113-year-old technology first developed by British botanist Michael Cressé Potter, who was the first person to successfully generate electricity from microorganisms. It took until the 21st century for the first commercial applications to be proposed, with Foster’s Brewing using a prototype to convert the yeast in brewery wastewater into electricity.

I'm sure that those victims who suffered 400 years ago will be in front of the line for their reparations checks.
Virtue signaling with a supernatural twist.

But on this topic...maybe what they should do is stop Salem from profitting on all this dark history and turning it into a joke and glorifying all those people's unjust deaths?

I'm not really joking about that. I'm a lifelong horror fan and I have never, nor will I ever set foot in Salem for the reason I stated. Fuck that place.

Back