New kid in town.

TexasGiant59

Virgin
I am finally in a position of age, experience, manageable time, and a head full of stories. I guess I'll just grab a story from my bag, throw it against the wall, and see if I'm even in the right place. I have read all of The Guidelines, Rules, and trolled many many stories and forums.
In my writing, I endeavor to select words that serve as precise tools, enabling me to craft vivid images in the reader's mind. I aspire to create descriptions so evocative that they appear to elicit even the most subtle of aromas. My objective is to provoke a visceral response from the reader, such as the involuntary tensing of one's shoulders in response to a description of a chilling scene. I strive to create an immersive experience that will leave the reader breathless after a few action-packed paragraphs. I aim to drag you through the full range of human emotions. From the depths of grief to the pinnacle of elation. Through my selection and arrangement of words, I want you to squirm in your seat. Tingly anticipation in your nether regions because my words place you in the story. I recognize the value of your time and attention and assure you, that I will endeavor to produce writing worthy of your consideration.

Good luck with that @TexasGiant59. If you haven't already, then you might put your little blurb in your public profile where interested readers might find it. We in the Author's Hangout are generally not your target audience.

In my writing, I endeavor to select words that serve as precise tools, enabling me to craft vivid images in the reader's mind. I aspire to create descriptions so evocative that they appear to elicit even the most subtle of aromas. My objective is to provoke a visceral response from the reader, such as the involuntary tensing of one's shoulders in response to a description of a chilling scene. I strive to create an immersive experience that will leave the reader breathless after a few action-packed paragraphs. I aim to drag you through the full range of human emotions. From the depths of grief to the pinnacle of elation. Through my selection and arrangement of words, I want you to squirm in your seat. Tingly anticipation in your nether regions because my words place you in the story. I recognize the value of your time and attention and assure you, that I will endeavor to produce writing worthy of your consideration.
"You use yer tongue purtier than a two-dollar whore" --Slim Pickens, "Blazing Saddles"

I hope your pen lives up to it, you'll be very well read if so. Good luck.

Hey, I read a lot of the authors here. Which is why I wish everybody would put a link to their subs in their signature.
Me too (well, as long as they write Lesbian Sex). And done. Though I'm not sure how well the links are working.

Welcome. The manageable time is one of the most valuable things you listed. Real life gets in the way of a lot of people's writing.

Hey, I read a lot of the authors here. Which is why I wish everybody would put a link to their subs in their signature.
If you notice I have never had a link to my work in my siganture. Not my story page, a new story, a contest story, where you could buy my work...nothing, nada, ungots, zilch.

Why? Because I saw right from the get go here that posting a link in your signature just makes it easier to get bombed by forum posters you piss off, or by the many trolls that ghost here and take issue with a post or your work in general.

They want to bomb me they'll have to either give me a follow for easy access or go through a couple extra steps to do it.

Why? Because I saw right from the get go here that posting a link in your signature just makes it easier to get bombed by forum posters you piss off, or by the many trolls that ghost here and take issue with a post or your work in general.
If someone is dedicated enough to you to lurk here watching for ways you piss them off, having to search you out in the main site is not going to deter them. Sure you might get the occasional drive-by from someone here that you pissed off unexpectedly, but I'd bet that the legit reads you get from having a link in the sig overwhelms that.

Welcome. My advice: just dive in, head first, and see how you enjoy the pool.

I would agree with intim8 and recommend that you add a link to your posting signature to your story submission page. You'll get more exposure to your stories that way.

If someone is dedicated enough to you to lurk here watching for ways you piss them off, having to search you out in the main site is not going to deter them. Sure you might get the occasional drive-by from someone here that you pissed off unexpectedly, but I'd bet that the legit reads you get from having a link in the sig overwhelms that.
If I've already pissed them off, the extra step to go bomb me will piss them off more.

As for the clicks I'd get? I'm not sure about that. Most people here don't read a lot of stories by other people, so I don't think it makes a huge difference, but its not like it can be proved one way or another.

In my case, I don't lack for clicks, so its never been a concern.

Back