My story has been pending for 10 days...

bridgetrose

Erotica Author
Hello all! I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I figured reaching out to fellow authors was a good place to start.

I submitted a second chapter to one of my stories 10 days ago. It has not been rejected (and I don't imagine it will be), but it still shows PENDING. I did try to contact support a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

I also submitted another story AFTER the first one from 10 days ago, and the second story was posted within 48 hours.

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this? Should I delete my submission and re-submit it?

Thanks all for your advice!

-Bridget

Hello all! I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I figured reaching out to fellow authors was a good place to start.

I submitted a second chapter to one of my stories 10 days ago. It has not been rejected (and I don't imagine it will be), but it still shows PENDING. I did try to contact support a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

I also submitted another story AFTER the first one from 10 days ago, and the second story was posted within 48 hours.

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this? Should I delete my submission and re-submit it?

-Bridget
I would recommend sending a private message to Laurel here on the forums (use the envelope icon at the top and enter that name). Just explain that it's been ten days and ask if there is a hold-up. She may not respond to such messages, but it usually seems to be effective. Similar situations have happened to me a few times, and usually the stories are approved within a day or two of contacting her. I presume that they just got lost somewhere in the shuffle and had to be shaken loose. 🤷‍♀️

My Part 2 story has been pending for 10 days as well. I posted my story back on 3/5 and it is still pending.

I did try to contact support a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.
How did you try to contact support? The only means that works (and then not always, apparently) is to Laurel via the envelope icon at the top right of this page. If that wasn't what you tried, you weren't making contact (no, not your fault). I agree that 10 days is long enough to send a polite "what's the status" message to Laurel.

Resubmit it. I’ve had chapters pending for six days, I resubmitted and it went through in one day. I’ve submitted in the early afternoon and woke the next to find it approved. Most of my chapters get through in 36 hours or less. There is no logic to how long ago it takes to get through the matrix.

Not that you’re kicking up a fuss, but be aware that complaining does not help. We are at the mercy of the Lit Gods.

If I had to make a guess, there was something in your story that triggered a secondary look that is taking place and therefore taking more time. Your story might (or likely will) get rejected and you'll need to edit it and resubmit it. A lot of authors have been having this problem with AI rejection.

Be patient. 48 hours is very unusual for a new author. Ten days is getting on a bit, but if you resubmit it, you'll bump it to the end of the queue, and potentially wait another ten days.

I'd PM Laurel. Don't expect a reply, but your story might suddenly change status. Or get rejected.

My last submission was in Pending for about 8-9 days, so maybe she's busy with stuff lately.

You guys are not alone. I've been on here for five years with only one or two rejections very early on for silly stuff like paragraphs that ran for two pages. Like you, most of my stories go live in a few days. One of my recent submissions took over two weeks. Of course there was the 750 word challenge and Valentines day, so other things took priority.

It's important to realize that there are thousands of us and only one of Laurel and one of Manu. Be patient. If you do reach out to Laruel, please be polite and respectful of everything she has going on.

I'm with you. My story was submitted on 3/5 and it is still pending. My other story was submitted on 3/8 and it also is still pending.

Well, I finally decided to re-submit my story. That was yesterday. I'll see if it goes up by tomorrow (which is my usual window of time). I did find what I think might be the bug? When I clicked to EDIT my story, I just made one minor change and then added a note to the Admin staff... when I clicked Submit, it said my "Short story text" was too long. I double checked it and, sure enough, it was 61 chars. So I got it down to 60 (limit). Maybe that was the problem with mine...

-Bridget
I get it. I submitted three within a couple of days of each other. Two have already been approved. The other is just hanging in the pending box.

Yeah, I have a Non-Erotic story posted on the 17th which still hasn't gone through. First time in over 50 stories it's taken more than a week.

I'm trying to be chill about it. Still hitting refresh on my pending page a lot though.

I submitted a story on the 8th, and a 2nd chapter on the 15th. Both are still pending.
It's hard for me to get motivated to write, I tend to jump around between various hobbies/projects, rarely completing anything. I have been eager to get feedback, and this delay had really taken the wind out of my sail.

Yeah, I have to say I agree with you guys... my story is STILL not live. Granted, I deleted it and resubmitted it last week. But then, I don't understand why a SECOND story that I submitted went live within 48 hours. I just don't get it. No feedback. And I don't know how to reach anyone about it. (I've tried sending two different communications about it.) I was really on a roll, and had several stories in queue to upload. But now I feel completely set back and not even sure I want to continue posting on this site.

My pending stories just got marked to "new" with publish dates or tmro and the following day. Its happening!

Have faith in Laurel, @bridgetrose
I think its just been backed up recently
What date did you submit them? **EDIT: Oh, nvm. I see you mentioned it above. Ok, I'll just wait then. I guess you are probably right. Although I still don't get why a second story that I submitted AFTER my first got published in 2 days, while the first continued sitting there for weeks...

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to say I agree with you guys... my story is STILL not live. Granted, I deleted it and resubmitted it last week. But then, I don't understand why a SECOND story that I submitted went live within 48 hours. I just don't get it. No feedback. And I don't know how to reach anyone about it. (I've tried sending two different communications about it.) I was really on a roll, and had several stories in queue to upload. But now I feel completely set back and not even sure I want to continue posting on this site.
Be patient. Every time you resubmit you go to the end of the queue. 48 hours for a new author is unusual - even a long term writer like me works on 2 - 3 days when I'm lucky, 3 - 4 days when it's slow.

Don't expect feedback, you won't get it. Don't keep sending follow-ups either, not till it's been at least a week. A polite PM to Laurel can break a story loose, but many of us believe she's the only one screening stories, so patience is a virtue.

Back