My Reason

Hello Everyone,

I've recently shared some old scanned photos in the "B&W" thread. I've received some nice messages from interesting people, one of whom asked me a question which made me realize I need to do more than post some pictures without explanation. The question was, "Why are you posting these pictures?"

For context: The pictures were taken years ago. I'm now on my now closer to 50 than 40, married twice, trying to swim among the chaos of modern life, and now the type of person who just blends into crowds and who walks by unnoticed by anyone.

In the years when these pictures were taken, I could open doors with a smile. Much of daily society simply tripped over itself to have my attention. And, I had done nothing to deserve it! I simply existed in the shell God gave me.

Now, these years later, I have raised a child who is a good person, built two businesses which employ people who support their families, and contributed in positive ways to society. Although I'm now wiser and smarter and more capable in so many ways, as a typical frumpy middle-aged woman I'm simply valued less. Men and women treat me with less respect, give me less patience, listen to my opinions less... and on and on.

Obviously, this is tale is not my own. And while I don't have grand illusions, I do hope to open even one person's mind to the fact that we were all young and beautiful once... men and women. And nearly all of us did outlandish things with our bodies and with each other; there is nothing new. The outwardly attractive woman in the image that you're idealizing or masturbating over this morning might well be the older woman that you're thoughtlessly dismissing in a daily interaction this afternoon, or the elderly woman walking into a store.

So, my Reason: I'm hoping to just remind you that all people have value and all deserve respect, regardless of appearance. Outward appearance is just a lottery and is only skin deep.
You’re correct, when we’re younger we seem to cherish physical beauty. In my personal journey I’ve evolved to value my wife’s intelligence, sense of humor, and her sensuality as much or more than her physical beauty. As you’ve alluded to, physical beauty is only skin deep, there is so much more to a person to stimulate you intellectually and sexually.

Thanks for the explanation, great insight on your life, and you raised things I had never considered, I now understand how the loss of attention does feel like a loss especially as we cannot do much about the genetics that give us the shell we are in.
Thanks for the pictures, you looked incredible, I'm sure you continue to illuminate the world from the shell you reside in.

Hello Everyone,

I've recently shared some old scanned photos in the "B&W" thread. I've received some nice messages from interesting people, one of whom asked me a question which made me realize I need to do more than post some pictures without explanation. The question was, "Why are you posting these pictures?"

For context: The pictures were taken years ago. I'm now on my now closer to 50 than 40, married twice, trying to swim among the chaos of modern life, and now the type of person who just blends into crowds and who walks by unnoticed by anyone.

In the years when these pictures were taken, I could open doors with a smile. Much of daily society simply tripped over itself to have my attention. And, I had done nothing to deserve it! I simply existed in the shell God gave me.

Now, these years later, I have raised a child who is a good person, built two businesses which employ people who support their families, and contributed in positive ways to society. Although I'm now wiser and smarter and more capable in so many ways, as a typical frumpy middle-aged woman I'm simply valued less. Men and women treat me with less respect, give me less patience, listen to my opinions less... and on and on.

Obviously, this is tale is not my own. And while I don't have grand illusions, I do hope to open even one person's mind to the fact that we were all young and beautiful once... men and women. And nearly all of us did outlandish things with our bodies and with each other; there is nothing new. The outwardly attractive woman in the image that you're idealizing or masturbating over this morning might well be the older woman that you're thoughtlessly dismissing in a daily interaction this afternoon, or the elderly woman walking into a store.

So, my Reason: I'm hoping to just remind you that all people have value and all deserve respect, regardless of appearance. Outward appearance is just a lottery and is only skin deep.
Looking delicious

Hello Everyone,

Love the pictures!!! Thank you for posting them.

Hello Everyone,

That’s very thought provoking, and probably true for most older people in the world. We’ve traded beauty for wisdom. Yes, we need to look deeper, beyond the physical shell, to see the beauty that is still there. Hinted at in a smile. The eyes. Yes, the beauty is still there, but it’s now enhanced with wisdom and experience. Maybe we don’t last as long in bed. But maybe we’re better lovers.

Hello Everyone,

My My for whatever reasons THANKS FOR SHARING because IT DEFINATELY MADE MY DAY! MMMMM

Hello Everyone,

Not only great pics, but an even better written post! I'd like to think I'm one to not pass up having a gander, and often a desire for those ladies with that special experience of living life to the fullest.

Hello Everyone,

Wow you look awesome and thanks for sharing

Back