Looking For a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story (Woman enters a portal)

Tatiilover234

Bookworm
A woman is transported to another world through a portal. She wanders through a forest and saves a man stuck in mud. He takes her back to his village. There, she uses her knowledge of modern medicine and agriculture to help improve the lives of the villagers. She enters in a relationship with the man she saved, and is later encouraged to be in a polyamorous relationship with another man who lost his partner years ago and is a single father. There is a ritual where she has to offer him food to join her bed/household. Towards the end of the series, she becomes pregnant but faces a threat from a stronger race which kidnaps some of the villagers.

Scenes I remember:

She might have been a researcher. When sent out to investigate in a field or mountain, an unexpected storm arrives. Then, she somehow falls or goes through this portal.

The stronger race that kidnapped the natives might of had supernatural abilities that made it easy to control them. The main female character did not seem to be affected by their abilities though. It was probably related to the fact that she was not from their world.

When she first enters the village, there is a woman trying to give birth in a hut. She is dying and losing a lot of blood. The “shaman” of the village reassures everyone that the woman will be fine. The female main character uses her knowledge of modern medicine to help save the girl and has the shaman banished from the village for lying.

She large encounters a man from her world. They both came through this storm portal but he tells her it’s impossible to go back.

When she was pregnant, a man visiting from another village tried to kill her because her features are similar to a person from the stronger race.

I believe I read this story 10 years ago on this site. I believe it was an abandoned story and incomplete. I couldn’t find a any new updates after her lovers were kidnapped and she needed to make a plan to save them.

Last edited:
This sounds like "Back in Time" by Morrigan_.
Chapters 1-17 can be found in the wayback machine by searching there for www.literotica.com/s/back-in-time
Yes. This is the story. Thank you! I’ve been searching for many years. One of the best I’ve read on here. I was hoping the author would have officially released a completed version elsewhere like Amazon. I would have loved to support their work.

Back