Little more of me

I'm a doubting Randy. Pic is 15 years old. On other threads, people have mentioned they got the pics this poster is using with craigslist ads years ago. Others mentioned getting pics of a different woman from this poster in PMs.

I smell a catfish.
What's the reason for catfishing on this site?
Not that I don't believe you -- just trying to figure out the "get."

I think there are a number of reasons, some nefarious and some not. There could be scams involved, but I suspect mostly there is just a craving for attention.

In my work I have known of numerous people who got taken in by sweetheart scams, and the perpetrators can really be anyone. I've seen blackmail attempts, too, after someone sent nude pics.

I doubt those are the most common scenarios here, though. I think you've got dudes who have repressed homosexual urges, or who are afraid to act on their urges IRL. You've got people who have found that men are more likely to jump at the chance to exchange naughty PMs, and they'd rather talk to somebody than nobody.

There are probably others - people with psychological issues, pranksters, etc. But these are the ones I've come across.

I just thought of something else to add to this.

As I said, not all people have nefarious intent. I remember messaging one person, and she said right up front 'Just so you know, I'm a guy but I feel more comfortable posting as a woman. If you're okay with that, I'll never step out of character again. If you're not, we can stop before we get started.'

She ended up being quite a fun chat partner for a while. I appreciated the honesty. I'm not sure if that person is still around.

Lots of people play roles online. As long they aren't trying to hurt, scam, or trick someone, I don't have too much of an issue. It does make me sad, sometimes, to see how credulous guys can be, even when someone is an obvious fake.

I feel like saying, "Come on guys, are we really that horny and dumb?!?" Lol

In reality, I think there are just a lot of lonely people.

Back