Justice Kavanaugh asks DOJ Lawyer if Barack Obama should be prosecuted over his use of drone strikes against civilians

The entire situation is illogical. Precedent establishes that the President has near total immunity and yet here we are asking if he's really immune or not. It's ridiculous.

Then why was Nixon pardoned?

(Hat tip: KBJ)

So you're saying that the possible prosecution of a President acting in his official capacity depends 100% on the good favor and opinion from the successor President?

That puts us on the edge of the slippery slope with no hope of stepping back.

(BTW, KBJ is a partisan quack and anyone who attempts to promulgate a legal argument based on her partisan quackery is an idiot.)

So you're saying that the possible prosecution of a President acting in his official capacity depends 100% on the good favor and opinion from the successor President?
Nixon wasn't acting in an official capacity.

Nor was 45.

Drama.

(BTW, KBJ is a partisan quack and anyone who attempts to promulgate a legal argument based on her partisan quackery is an idiot.)
She is not.

AMEN!

Nixon wasn't acting in an official capacity.

Nor was 45.

Drama.

She is not.

Personal belief is not "fact." You would do better to remember that when posting as it makes you look less like an asshole and more like a rational being.

Apparently some people think it's funny when they face plant into the compost heap of their life.

Personal belief is not "fact." You would do better to remember that when posting as it makes you look less like an asshole and more like a rational being.
A candidate pushing for an official to find enough votes for him to win is acting in a personal capacity. If it wasn't for the fact that 45 asked specifically for a number of votes to be found, the argument may have been made that he was acting in an official capacity.

That being said, I have no issue with any President being liable for crimes made in a personal capacity while President...no matter the party affiliation. I'd happily indict Clinton for his indecent act while in the oval office.

Obama's drone strike was during an official US strike on enemies, so that would be more difficult a case...but I'd be ok with it being brought.

The entire situation is illogical. Precedent establishes that the President has near total immunity and yet here we are asking if he's really immune or not. It's ridiculous.
I agree. But you know how bigly trump likes to do things, the whole history of United States and every past presidential administrations notwithstanding.

A candidate pushing for an official to find enough votes for him to win is acting in a personal capacity. If it wasn't for the fact that 45 asked specifically for a number of votes to be found, the argument may have been made that he was acting in an official capacity.

That being said, I have no issue with any President being liable for crimes made in a personal capacity while President...no matter the party affiliation. I'd happily indict Clinton for his indecent act while in the oval office.

Obama's drone strike was during an official US strike on enemies, so that would be more difficult a case...but I'd be ok with it being brought.

Unfortunately for you this post only highlights how little you understand the Constitution.

A President's liability extends to his impeachment and removal from office. ONLY those crimes listed in the Constitution can form the basis for such an impeachment.

Clinton was IMPEACHED, but not removed, for his office antics. Trump was IMPEACHED twice and not removed for his actions while President. This ends the ability of a President to be tried for what he does while in office based on double jeopardy.

If you actually knew something/anything about how things work you'd have understood that what you'd "happily" do WAS FUCKING DONE and nothing else could be done.

Unfortunately, as I said above, you're so clueless you don't understand anything yet you open your yap as wide as possible anyway. It's obvious that you enjoy the taste of your boot. You certainly seem to suck on it enough.

Trump was commander-in-chief for such military operations himself while he was president. That isn't anything like he is being charged with--he is being fingered for multiple--MULTIPLE--criminal acts that are separate from his duties as president. He is also being fingered for treason--for ORCHESTRATING A COUP ATTEMPT AGAINST THE UNITED STATES.

Get a clue.

Last edited:
I agree. But you know how bigly trump likes to do things, the whole history of United States and every past presidential administrations notwithstanding.

The criminal trial in NYC will get Trump reelected. People aren't stupid (well some are - look at the idjits at Columbia University) and they can see what's going on.

Even the media is realizing (and saying) that it's baseless.

The criminal trial in NYC will get Trump reelected. People aren't stupid (well some are - look at the idjits at Columbia University) and they can see what's going on.

Even the media is realizing (and saying) that it's baseless.
Have you ever talked to a trumptard?

Back