It's "Twitter Freedom Friday!"

Chobham

Literotica Guru
Letting that "Sink In" was just the beginning.

Fist comes the "Code Walk Through", damn I'd like to be in on that. Followed by pink slips for 75-80% of the employees. Hell, if it were me I'd re-incorporate in TX, or FL. Maybe that's next.

And the employees wrote and open letter to Musk and then punctuated it with demands. Apparently they think they're still in charge. They should probably have been better off listing to some old Bob Dylan "cause a hard rain's gonna fall."

You can always tell when you're dealing with the delusional in that they demand respect. Never seems to occur to them that respect is earned.

I don't Twitter, but I am enjoying the consternation emanating from the Left that they might have lost one of their beloved safe spaces...

;) ;)

... look for a mass exodus of those not inclined to suffer the views of others outside of their echo chamber.*

Maybe they'll start their own service: Swishey.

* I wonder which will be greater, the outflow, or the intake?

I'm not on any of those services either but depending on how things go I may sign up. All depends on how the "bot" problem is handled.

I don't Twitter, but I am enjoying the consternation emanating from the Left that they might have lost one of their beloved safe spaces...
Who on the Left is consternated about Musk and Twitter and losing what you perceive as "one of the Left's beloved safe spaces?"

Newsweek answers it for me and in a simple format that even you can understand.

Have a nice day, if your bitterness at how your life turned out allows you to.

DuckDuckGo search == twitter conservative censorship examples

https://www.newsbusters.org › blogs › free-speech › nb-staff › 2020 › 05 › 28 › 33-examples-twitters-anti-conservative-bias

33 Examples of Twitter's Anti-Conservative Bias | Newsbusters

Conservative journalist censored New York Post journalist Jon Levine announced via tweet on the morning of March 8 that "Twitter locked me out of my account last night over some of the Carlos Maza reporting," before adding that the platform later took back the decision. "A rep for the company tells me that their action against me was 'an error.'"
https://www.foxnews.com › media › twitter-facebook-google-censored-conservatives-big-tech-suspension

Twitter, Facebook, Google have repeatedly censored conservatives ...

A pattern has emerged of right-leaning voices being censored far more often than those on the left. In a recent example, Rep. Vicky Hartzler, a Republican Senate candidate from Missouri, was...
https://fee.org › articles › yes-twitter-can-censor-conservatives-even-though-it-shouldnt

Yes, Twitter Can Censor Conservatives (Even Though It Shouldn't)

In the wake the banning high-profile conservatives and parody accounts that mock Democrats, many on the right have found themselves, quite understandably, feeling marginalized and targeted by social media giants like Facebook and Twitter. It seems like @jack & @twitter aren't even attempting to hide their hatred for conservatives anymore.

I don't get the overwhelming celebration from the right, though I'll admit I said it would never go through and was incorrect.

As long as it functions the same or similar I don't care much.

Last edited:
I don't get the overwhelming celebration from the right, though I'll admit I said it would never go through and was correct.

As long as it functions the same or similar I don't care much.
What?

I got on Twitter years ago to follow football. Trade rumors, injury reports, coaches and players sounding off, insider information, live game time analysis, etc. Things that would take a day or more to show up on a news website (if ever) or sports talk show are delivered in real time. I gradually began following local news sites and local city council members and county supervisors, and then certain national correspondents, columnists, and politicians. I find it very useful for that. It was unfortunate that Twitter engaged in politically motivated content suppression. Hopefully Musk can deliver on his promise of free exchange of ideas and information in a financially sustainable way.

By immediately firing Parag Agarwal and a couple of other top execs, Musk has already dramatically changed Twitter.

I infrequently tweet at political people. I get 24 hour time outs almost every time though. I use FB for local news and to post pictures of food. I read reddit stock stuff every other day or so. And I Lit.

I think that's my on-line presence.

I'm 100% streaming though. No cable tv.

I am done protecting and educating stupid people...let them kill themselves.

I got on Twitter years ago to follow football. Trade rumors, injury reports, coaches and players sounding off, insider information, live game time analysis, etc. Things that would take a day or more to show up on a news website (if ever) or sports talk show are delivered in real time. I gradually began following local news sites and local city council members and county supervisors, and then certain national correspondents, columnists, and politicians. I find it very useful for that. It was unfortunate that Twitter engaged in politically motivated content suppression. Hopefully Musk can deliver on his promise of free exchange of ideas and information in a financially sustainable way.
There IS that. By getting rid of the bots he is, in effect, getting rid of 'eye balls' on the content. On the other hand the quality of the eye balls will add to advertiser value.

Years ago I was one of the vendors with a booth at the Control Engineering expo at McCormick center in Chicago. CE had changed the rules in favor of the larger vendors at the show. During the vendor meeting us smaller guys voiced our opposition to the change but one fellow in particular summed it up. "What you are doing is grossly unfair but you know that and you don't care. And that's because you know that I'll still be here next year because my competitors are going to be here." And that about sums it up for the "I'm quitting" crowd. They'll still be on Twitter because that's where the people they want to influence will be. Symbolism over substance.

Back