Is there anything truly crazy most of the Left at least pretends to believe?

Mostly harmless? There are lots of successful harmful attacks that have occurred, and even more, people still have to dodge these "harmless" attacks using "harmful" weapons.

Yes mostly harmless. Especially when compared to what Israel has always done and is doing right now. I don't even been the bombings. How many illegal settlements have done. Successful here is a VERY vague term. Was there EVER a time when the people of Tel Aviv were genuinely concerned about being overun? Jersusalem? Literally any major city? When has Israel dealt with anything that a genuine threat?

I don't think there are really any good guys in this conflict anymore but the bigger man has the obligation to descalate.

You are also not required to have bumper stickers, yard signs, truck flags or buttons for your chosen candidate.

Pat Paulson for President! Alfred 'What? Me worry?!' E. Newman for Veep

I've been surfing several news sites and whiles its difficult to gauge how many people genuinely believe some stuff it seems there is no shortage of just flat out crazy from the Right. Like just in the last few decades we had the Obama wasn't born in the US which since his mother was a citizen his location of birth was irrelevant. Not to mention that's a fairly stupid rule these days. It was put in place at a time where there was a legit fear some Old World Royal could win an election. I believe lots of crazy stuff can happen but but some English Prince winning an election is close enough to impossible these days that its not a concern. Then we are STILL getting Michelle Obama is actually a man because of doctored photos and apparently a lack of photos of her pregnant. They may exist but I don't think I've ever seen a picture of my mother pregnant. Now both of these I think are good ole fashioned racism with just enough polish that people can pretend its legit. At least the second one. She's not even an unattractive woman FFS.

Then we have the idea that COVID was designed in a lab. Which is at least possible if not plausible That said if it was a Chinese bioweapon why unleash it in China. At the time there weren't many restrictions on travel. Why not send a few tourists to Disneland or the Super Bowl and just have them wander around? Wouldn't that make a lot more sense? Then Bill Gates was trying to get microchips into people for. . . I never really figured that one out.

Now don't get me wrong, I can disagree with someone and not think they are crazy. I find it difficult to defend Israel at this point but thinking the Palestinian People deserve this for decades of mostly harmless attacks. I've always felt that Israel's responses are the equivalent of a six year old punching you in the dick and you going home for your baseball bat. There is such thing as gross overkill. That is not me supporting HAMAS, I do not. At this point I'm not sure there are any truly good people in this conflict. There are innocent people who get caught in the crossfire but okay. That doesn't make you insane.

I couldn't have picked Taylor Swift out of a line up six months ago. Maybe you lined her up with other blonde pop stars I could eliminate the wrong answers. That's Britney, that's Shakira, that's Christina so it must be you. Joke would be on me if they just found some blonde model to throw up. The Super Bowl was a psyop? I tend to think that there is a maximum number of people who can keep a secret. If Taylor was at the Super Bowl and both teams agreed to throw the game some idiot would have posted it on Twitter by now. Or been drunk in a bar. Or just pissed off someone who leaked it intentionally. Too many moving parts makes me dismiss most conspiracy theories.

That's before we talk about the election was rigged. Even though in the lead up BOTH sides agreed Russia had interfered with 2016. How effective was in question. If Trump was in on it is in serious question. At this point I think his inability to keep his mouth shut not to mention pissing off so many people in his own party that we'd know by now. Still THAT could be true. The number of at least known fraudulent votes found is a rounding error. Yes we all want secure elections but I believe we are as secure as we can reasonably get. I mean there is ALWAYS going to be a Raul Bonnila III who signed on his father's line who died last year and hasn't been purged. Heck I'm not a Jr but when my father dies the very last thing on my mind is going to be getting him off the voter registration. Literally behind when does Resident Evil 9 drop. My mother's name is Terry which is more common for men than women. I suppose voter ID would prevent me from taking her vote. But polsters are usually locals. I'd have to gamble she hadn't already voted, the pollster didn't know her from somewhere and a lot of other things. This isn't happening.

That global warming is a hoax designed to force people out of their cars. Global Warming or at least proving that there are gasses that can cause climate change. That theory by a few years older than evolution FFS. I think over a century is long enough that if nobody has disproven it its more than likely true.

Then every few weeks we year something about a literal invasion. Not that illegal immigration is out of control. A debatable point that I won't walk you through right now. But that able bodied young men are gearing up to attack us. And white replacement theory.

I could go on but I have to state that I wouldn't care if this was limited to the Ben Shapiros and Alex Jones. I think at least a few years back Tucker Carlson was high enough up the food chain that he has an oblgation to the best of his ability to make sure his information is accurate. Thing is we have people like Bobert and Green and Gaetz spreading this garbage. Frankly Trump may not say it outloud too often but he never says "Okay that's too far."

We already had J6 and while I think those people are insane there is something I agree with them on. That if I really and truly believed our elections were being stolen that's when its time to go 2nd Amendment on people. I am genuinely concerned about what happens the next time if say Trump loses.
I hear you. Frankly, there must be something wrong with that.
:giggle:
You sound sane.

Posting such a middle-of-the-road viewpoint is rather startling, given your time in the Forums. Some psycho-babble, self-professed analyst here would look at your post and say 'God, this person is just so 'normal' it has to be some AI trying to psych out Literoticans."

Thanks for making my day.

I don't think there are really any good guys in this conflict anymore but the bigger man has the obligation to descalate.
I do not believe this at all. If the smaller man keeps provoking the bigger man, eventually he gets his ass handed to him, and then there's peace.

I do not believe this at all. If the smaller man keeps provoking the bigger man, eventually he gets his ass handed to him, and then there's peace.

History has born this out. All it does is the next time the little guy is gonna stab the fuck out of you and not give a damn if he lives or dies so long as you fucking go down. Its worth remembering that Israel has NEVER had any intentions of living in peace. They are constantly building illegal settlements. This is more the big steals your lunch everyday and and you punchin the chest that justifies breaking your arms.

Its worth remembering that Israel has NEVER had any intentions of living in peace. They are constantly building illegal settlements.
The problem of being a small nation that is thriving is that you need more land. And in the meantime, what is Palestine doing economically?

The problem of being a small nation that is thriving is that you need more land. And in the meantime, what is Palestine doing economically?

They don't have a functional port or land worth a damn so pretty much suffering is all they've known their entire lives. You do, in the modern world need some amount of basic infrastructure that they MOSTLY lack to accomplish anything.

Japan packs a little more than 1/3 of the US population in a space MUCH smaller than California . That goes double if you factor in much of the land is unusable for one reason or another. Even though its mostly gifts from us Israel has all the money in the world and aren't in a particularly earthquake prone area. BUILD UP NOT OUT.

At some point a long term solution has to be found and for the moment it seems like our best tool is telling Israel to chill the fuck out. Forget for the moment sheer amount of lives being lost. Look at how internationally they do not have a good look right now. Worse they are making US look bad. Now at the end of the day our reputation isn't quite as important as we try to pretend. We do a fair amount of things that nobody else can. Same with China. No amount of their genocide is gonna matter if we don't get our fucking PS5s on time. Its sad but that's the state of things. Even you don't care overmuch about video games there are other things that would be difficult or impossible to live without.

Complaints about "genocide" usually get trotted out when someone wants a war.

The Chinese aren't at war with the Ungyrs. There is no denying that one. Israel is at war with Palestine, specifically Gaza the way I go to war every summer with ants and crickets. Something this assymetrical can be called a genocide. Or an extermination if you prefer that term. MOST of the genocide in WW2 was the Germans, though the Italians got in on it. I don't really know what Japan's long term goals were but wiping out even a majority of the Chinese would cost bullets than they could make. We certainly had no intention of eliminating the Germans or Japanese. The Italians folded so fucking quickly in the grand scheme of things that there was no need.

We DEFINITELY genocided the Native Americas. Just cus we missed some and forced the rest on the reserves doesn't really change what we were doing.

Either way back on subject. There is no way to claim after almost seven months that Israel is still defending themselves. They could all go home drink a beer and do whatever is they do kicks.

Can’t speak for most of the Left and you can surely my name is not Shirley call my crazy but everything about Judge Cannon smells of conspiracy to high heaven to yours truly from her being unqualified and still getting appointed to her being the least qualified judge who then happens to win the trump trial lottery to her setting a trial date and unsetting a trial date and pulling a special master joke outta her ass to finally doing what many fine peoples on both sides expected with postponing the trial indefinitely because there’s no way that you can convince me that the trump legal team if not trump himself has not been in direct contact with her letting her know that a bigger seat in a bigger court awaits her valued commitment to delaying justice as she slow walks this case towards the election and the rigged trump win and if I was a lit member here from the right and was repeating all these things in the exact same manner purposely not using periods and commas as breaks spouting off these cray-cray real events as an argument for conspiracy then I’d get 200 likes and would be kicking myself for not posting this as a thread thus creating the most popular thread ever on the PB board which I already did titled wat da fuck is gun what already.

The craziest thing the Left believes is that violence doesn't solve anything. This belief enables conservatives, fascists, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists. They know they won't be gunned down like rabid dogs in the street no matter how egregious their offenses.

Back