"In Time..My Love Will Find You."...open for Destiny only.

*******************The Meeting********************​

Eric left Victor's house feeling a sense of elation to know that he had at least one friend in the world in which he could confide. The world of the vampire was a lonely one, for even the ones of your own kind were not to be trusted. It was the law of dog eat dog, from one day to the next you could be done in by some angered kindred that was fighting for territory much like a wild animal would do.

It was not long before he walked into Blackthorn Hall and was greeted by the house hold staff. They wondered amongst themselves why he did not come to sup or for any of the meals, but was always out doing one thing or another. He passed by Lady Maria's chamber, and could not resist the temptation of looking inside. He was glad he did for on the vanity mirror there was a sealed letter addressed to him.

He broke the seal and opened it. Dear Eric, by the time you read this you would have brought me back to my parents, and what would have been a life of loving you will be only a dream in my mind. I so wanted to be your wife, although I knew in my heart that I could never replace the memory of my sister, I was still willing to try. I wanted to give you children to fill the empty void in your heart, but alas it did not happen. Know you this that no matter how long it takes, I will wait for you, perhaps someday your wounded heart will heal, and we can be happy. I will always love you Eric, my heart will always be open for you, and on lonely nights I will always be thinking of you. Ever Yours,
Lady Maria.

He felt a pang in his heart. 'Poor girl, she will waste her life waiting for me, and I cannot correspond to her love even if I could. My heart belongs to only one, my Isabelle no other could even come close to replacing her love. She knew me as a child, we grew up together and finally married. She bore me two wonderful children. Those are memories that I hold dear in my heart and cannot ever be replaced by anyone, not even by one of her own blood. I am sorry Lady Maria, so sorry I cannot return the love that you feel for me.' He was lost in thought when a tingly feeling came over him. He sensed something was not right.

He walked out of Lady Maria's chamber, and entered his own. The feeling was somehow getting stronger. Looking towards the painting that hid the secret entrance and decided to investigate. He melted into the shadows that concealed the hidden passage and soon found his way down the stairs to where Berengaria's coffin had been. There he stood deathly quiet. The feeling here was much stronger his eyes were the only ones that moved. The figure of another of his kind stood not far from him, he was at the entrance to the deeper part where he had impaled Nefarious. He also stood deathly quiet, observing him intently. Eric could feel his eyes boring a hole through him, but he held his ground. The figure half walked half glided in his direction until he was ten feet away, and finally came to a stop.

"Good evening, my name is Yorvich, Count Yorvich. It is good to find kindred in these parts. Is this your castle? He knew instantly who he was talking to, this was the same man in the painting above the bed. This had to be the fledgeling that Berengaria had created. "Most Counts that have came to visit my castle normally entered through the front door and announced their coming through messengers before making their presence known." replied Eric. Touche, point well taken. I must remember my manners in the future, but please,..whom am I addressing?" Yorvich did not like the arrogance he was encountering in this young pup, but he decided he would be cordial for the moment.

"My name is Eric,.......Eric of Blackthorn, and this is my domain, this is my castle and my lands all around as far as the eye can see, and while we are on the subject of asking questions, what is the purpose of your....shall we say unorthodox visit?." The Lord of vampires was seething inside at the arrogance of the young whelp, but decided to play along, perhaps he would be of some use before he had to put him in his place. Again my apologies for having intruded in this fashion, but I am looking for my wayward child, you wouldn't happen to know her or seen her perhaps? Her name is Berengaria, I must find her, I must have her back. Yorvich gave Eric a cold stare as if warning him not to overstep his arrogance, while at the same time the pretense of cordiality was fading from his voice.

"I know of the one you speak of, but I have not seen or heard from her in days. If you searched for her, and the trail as you say led you here, then it is a cold trail for she departed from here to parts unknown. I too would like to know where she is. Until that question has been answered, may I suggest you look elsewhere, and next time you decide to visit, do it the conventional way, until then good eve to you sir." Eric had taken him over the edge, in a blur of motion the Lord of vampires was on him, but also in a blur of motion Eric drew his sword. Had it not been that Yorvich's reflexes stopped him in time, he would have been impaled through the throat on the point of Eric's sword. A pin prick where the point of Eric's sword barely came in contact, drew a drop of blood from Yorvich's throat.

Unmoving from where he had stopped, and Eric's sword still at his neck, he issued a sinister warning. "I underestimated you young whelp, but it will not happen again, we will meet again, of this I can assure you! "I am sure of that, and I will be ready, until then, you know the way out, and do not venture back here again for any reason. Better still, it would behoove you to return to where ever it is you came from, you are not welcome on my lands!" Yorvich knew he had lost the upper hand but there would come a time when he would make this young dog pay for his insolence. Berengaria would also pay, for it had been her bad judgement in the making of this insolent cur, the very cur that would gladly end her life and his. The Lord of vampires would have to act, and act fast before he would allow that to happen.

Last edited:
**************THE NOOSE TIGHTENS***************​

From a nearby village about twenty leagues from Blackthorn Castle, word had reached Victor of small children disappearing, and of a strange woman that had been seen talking to the children in the hours of the eve after the sun had hidden behind the hills. Several children had turned up missing and could not be found anywhere around. There was a nearby cemetery that the villagers swore that strange apparitions could be seen at night. The village was gripped in fear, and no one allowed the children to play outside after sundown.

'I think that Lord Blackthorn must be made aware of this, I fear we have finally pinpointed the area to which this creature has gone to. This is going to require planning and swift action, she must not be allowed to escape. Without anytime to lose we must make ready for the trek ahead of us, and we must have all implements at the ready. I will go and warn Lord Blackthorn this eve.

The sun had barely gone down when Victor made his way into Blackthorn Hall. There he found Eric in the library engrossed in a book, whose title Victor knew well. "How To Kill A Vampire." I see you're catching up on your homework eh? Lord Blackthorn looked up and saw his friend. "Ahhh! Victor, I am glad to see you, welcome my friend. Please sit down and join me in a glass of red wine." "I will join you in a drink, but this is not a social call, I bear news that may not be to pleasant to hear." "What have you heard?" replied Eric. "News has reached me that in a village not twenty leagues form here, a woman has been seen talking to children, and those same children have been turning up missing. The villagers spoke of a cemetery that the people are starting to fear specially at night. I think this is what we have been waiting for, I think this is your Berengaria that has established residence at that village. We must act else we will have an epidemic of creatures all over the countryside."

"How interesting!" replied Eric. "Last eve I had a visitor fitting the description of the man you saw in the tavern. He was looking for Berengaria, and we had a run in. He did not like my answers, and decided to show me his speed of attack, and almost got impaled at the point of my sword. I don't think he is as high and mighty as you claim Victor." "Do not underestimate him, Eric! Last eve you humiliated him, but trust me as I tell you this, he will not forget what you did anytime soon. He will find a way to kill you, and it will be soon." "Yes I know, but I will be ready." replied Eric. "In the mean time we need to figure out how to end this nightmare Victor, you must allow me the opportunity to do away with her, it is a matter of principal."

"I understand how you feel, Eric believe me, but to do so would be fool hardy. On the first hand, both of you need to be out of the sun which means that you would have to be in the same place with her before the sun rises. The second dilemma would be how do I explain you to my men? They know nothing of you or your new existence. I would be powerless to stop them from killing you too."

Eric thought for a moment and pondered the predicament. "If there were a way for me to enter where she has taken temporary sanctuary, undetected by your men, when the sun rises you will enter to do what you do best, by then I will have found a crypt or some deeper recess in which to conceal myself from the eyes of your men when the time comes to drag her out into the open and the light of day." Victor was pensive for a moment, before finally agreeing. "It will be risky, but perhaps it can be done. If my men get wind of you, I won't be able to stop them, or ever look them in the eye again, do you understand?" "I understand!" replied Eric.

He didn't care if they found him out, or if the rays of the sun embraced him once and for all, he would die happy knowing that he had avenged his family from the hand that had sentenced them to an early death. His heart ached at the mere thought of how he had found them. No, nothing would stand in his way not ten Yorvich's could stop him now that his mind was resolved. If there was one thing he had learned from his friend and mentor, was that a clouded mind was a careless mind. He had to be crystal clear about what he was going to do, for she would be but the first in line for him, he still had to deal with the new threat, the threat that promised to be ten fold of Berengaria...Yorvich!

The plan was to arrive shortly before dawn, when the vampire had to return to her lair to avoid the rays of the rising sun. Fortunately the day promised to be free of clouds, which meant that the sun would be out in all of it's splendor. The plan was set in motion, all moved silently towards the fated village. It took them most of the night to get there, but they moved fast, and arrived to the outskirts of the village a few hours before dawn. Victor moved close to Eric, and silently whispered to him. "Now is the time for you to make your way to where you need to go, may God be with you."
Eric remembered hearing the very same advice from Victor when he took his first venture to kill Berengaria. His rashness and inexperience had cost him dearly. This time it would be far different.

It all worked out to the foot of the letter, it could not have worked out better. There was a faint fog covering the cemetery as Eric moved in a blur of motion. 'She would be hiding in the biggest structure. It probably would be a crypt built by some wealthy villager or business owner. It would consist of an entrance and steps going down to what ever tomb or tombs were down there. It would have t be dark, where the only lighting would be of torches or candles. In such a place he knew he would find her, surrounded by however many victims she might have lured or brought there with her.'

Eric blended in with the shadows and waited silent as death itself behind some large monuments. It did not take long before his sharp eyes detected motion. It was Berengaria, she was carrying what appeared to be the body of a small child. The innocent child would be her first meal when she would awaken this very eve. The child was in a trance and did not appear to object being carried away by the good lady. She entered a large structure, and appeared to vanish into thin air, such was her fear of the coming day. The fowls of the air had started to sing and chirp announcing the coming of a brand new day.

Still as death, Eric did not move. It was not until the last possible moment that his body started warming up that he made his move. In a blur of motion he entered the above ground crypt. He followed the steps down to where he knew he would find her. She had laid the child down in her coffin and was starting to get in when she saw him. Her face contorted into a hideous impish bat like form. Gone were the beautiful features, the beautiful blue eyes and the features of the woman that had seduced him into accepting her blood. In front of him stood a creature totally alien to him. Bared fangs, extended claws and a look of evil incarnate emanated from her now solid black eyes.

She had been discovered, and she hisssed her displeasure much like an irritated snake would do. "Alas we meet again, but this time on equal ground. You who wanted to replace the one that was dear to me...NEVER IN YOUR BEST DAY! You who wanted to rule my castle, NEVER IN YOUR BEST DAY. Your sister was much better than you when she laid in my arms, she gave me my money's worth no more no less. That is all she was, entertainment, and you decided to kill my family when she was but a harlot looking to turn a coin! His words were tearing her apart, still she said nothing. "I even heard she might have gotten heavy with child, but it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack to find the true father!"

With a shriek she was upon him, he had struck the nerve he wanted to strike with his taunts. His words had finally made her lose all reason. In a flash she was on him looking to tear out his throat with her fangs, and to scratch his eyes out with her claws. Eric caught her by the neck in the steel like grip of his left hand, in a fluid motion he pulled out the small wooden sword that had belonged to his son and had been wielded by his little hand as he fought his make believe battles imitating the exploits of his beloved father.

"Yes come and embrace me one last time, Berengaria, come and taste the bitterness of death. The death that you have dealt out at every turn. Come o killer of innocent little children and feel my son's sword as it enters your vile heart. The very sword you once told me to keep remember? Such had been her anger that she could not slow down in time, and met the point of the wooden sword as it buried itself to the hilt. With her momentum the wooden blade found its way straight into her heart. She screamed a blood curdling scream, as shock registered in her eyes, then she went completely limp. Eric barely had time to lay her back in her coffin. He removed the little girl from the coffin and placed her little body on top of a nearby crypt. He looked desperately for a venue of escape but saw none.

He searched with his hands everywhere until he came to an anomaly on the center of the mausoleum's wall as he pressed it, the wall moved out of his way and opened up into a corridor. He quickly stepped in, and heard the wall move back into place, he was safe for the moment from Victor's men. They would enter and find the body of Berengaria. The child would awaken from it's trance hopefully oblivious as to how she had gotten there, and hopefully not remember any part of her ordeal, or how close she had came to death. Inside the crypt they would find the drained bodies of the other children that had been tossed aside by the evil incarnate vampire that would trouble this region no longer. Eric laid down where he was and fell into a deep slumber oblivious to anything or anyone. In time he would master the ability of remaining awake during daylight hours but it was not yet his time.

Last edited:
******************The Clean Up*****************​

Victor and his men entered the mousoleum and were met with the most horrible stench of death. There were several bodies of innocent little children strewn about the cold floor. On top of a crypt laid the still breathing body of a small little girl as of yet untouched. Victor quickly examined her for bites or bleeding indicating she had been bitten. Satisfied that she was safe he wrapped her up in his cloak, and handed her to the men who in turn handed her to the villagers to return to her parents. Victor then moved to the coffin where he found the body of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She laid peaceful as if asleep, the handle of a small wooden sword protruded from her left chest.

She could not be considered dead until she was taken out into the sunshine where her body would decompose and turn to ash. Gone were the contored features of the vile creature Eric had seen, instead God had extended his merciful hand to let her regain the beautiful features of who she once was. One by one the men positioned themselves and carried the coffin into the bright sunlight of the morning sun. As if the day had a will of it's own, the morning seemed brighter, and the birds sang a more cheerful song. The day of evil had ended for this part of the country.

Victor ordered the removal of the innocent dead children inside, and had them returned to their parents so they could give them a proper burial helping them find closure within their hearts. It was indeed a sad day in many ways, but it also was a day to rejoice for a scourge had been lifted from the village. They could now sleep in safety free from fear of the undead.

As the sun covered the placid face and body of Berengaria, her body started to boil as if worms were moving around inside. Then it started to be consumed inward as it slowly sank deeper into the coffin. Lastly, their were only the bones to show that a live person had been laying there at one time. After a few more moments, they too started to turn into dust as the morning breeze came and scattered the ashes to the four winds. Only the wooden sword remained in the casket. Victor picked it up and raised it above his head. "Long live Lord Blackthorn, Long Live the memory of his family!" It was he that drove this sword into the creature's heart, and it is understandable that we allow him the time to make peace with his loved ones, as I am sure he is doing this very moment. Let us not ask him to revel in the praise he deserves, but let us respect that he wants to be alone at this moment!" "So be it yelled the others, long live Lord Blackthorn!"

Victor wondered what had became of Lord Blackthorn, everyone had been attentive not to allow anything or anyone from exiting the tomb, yet no one had seen him exit. He would say that somehow he walked out and had been missed by someone not doing his job. "Where ever you are Eric, may God be with you, and thank you."

Last edited:

Deep inside of the cellar of an abandoned building the Lord of vampires was settling in for the days rest. He had foregone the visit at the inn, he was still satiated by the blood of the robber in the ally. On the morrows eve he would search her out for a night of frolic before he would put and end to her as he always did. A night of drunken debauchery for her and a feast for him of dirty sex and blood, lots of blood. He thought of Eric of Blackthorn how he had gotten the upper hand from the thrashing he was going to give him. He was obviously a swordsman and a good one. Had he not stopped in time he would have been missing his head.

Anger swelled within him, Blackthorn would have to pay for his disrespect and unruly behavior towards a much more cunning, ruthless, and superior being. He rather liked the setup of the castle, and it would be his for the taking once Blackthorn was out of the way. He would savor the moment in which he would hold him by the neck and with his mighty grasp would break every bone that connected his head to his body, and then he would behead him. That would serve as an example to one and all that no one crosses Yorvich the Lord of Vampires, and lives to tell about it.

As he was settling in preparing for a long days slumber, his senses that had once told him Berengaria still walked the earth, now stopped completely. He could no longer feel her, that only meant one thing....she was dead. He had waited to long expecting that she would return on her own. He had been rough on her when he possessed her body, but she knew it was part of the deal he had with her. She would be his slave to ravish anytime he felt the need, only she had ventured out on her own, and now she had paid the price.

"BLACKTHORN! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS I SWEAR! His booming voice echoed and bounced of the walls of the small enclosure. He knew there were others that hunted down his kind, one in particular a most tenacious and persistent adversary. Years ago this same adversary had almost succeeded in putting an end to him. He had been forced to flee the country for a time in hopes of losing Victor's relentless pursuit. It seemed that every where he went sooner or later Victor would be there along with his pack of hunters that were as relentless as he. He knew without a doubt that Victor had a hand in Berengaria's demise, but where exactly did Blackthorn fit in? He would not have long to wait, he would take the fight to Blackthorn and kill him.

He paced back and forth like a mad man trying to make sense of his situation. "That damned child, what did she do? She couldn't leave well enough alone, could she? Just as I knew it would happen he found her out and killed her, justly deserved for being such a fool. I will kill this Blackthorn with my bare hands, he knows not who Yorvich Lord Of Vampires is. This very eve he will learn who I am, this I swear!"

Last edited:
****************In Search of Yorvich****************​

Through the centuries, Yorvich had learned many things. He was an accomplished linguist, a master swordsman, an accomplished equestrian, but most of all he had learned how to use his powers. He learned how to walk in daylight, although he could not tolerate direct sunlight, he did not have to slumber through the day and waste away the hours, instead he chose to learn about everything. He had masters teaching him everything there was to learn, and when they could no longer teach him anything he simply drank their blood, and threw their bodies away. He had learned many things in his long life, the only thing he had never learned was compassion for anything or anyone. He was heartless as he was cruel, only the moment mattered to him, and he would easily become bored even with women.

He would have to pit wits with the new fledgling that Berengaria had created, but it would be but a trivial thing to vanquish one as weak as he. He was kindred but he was new at being one, and therefore would be no match for him. This night he would visit the woman in the inn, and then he would pay Blackthorn the visit that would end his short life as a vampire. There had to be homage paid to an elder and through Berengaria Blackthorn was linked to him also, but that was inconsequential. He would kill Blackthorn and take over his castle in short order. Nothing could prevent him from doing so. He had the demons in hell on his side, and the animals, as well as the elements, what could stand in his way. he mused at the thought of anyone even trying to be an obstacle to his wishes.

As Yorvich pondered his next move, a net of hunters were carefully laying out the plans that would net the biggest vampire in status in some time. This one was guilty of killing many many people in his long life. He had sired many a vampire, and just as many had died at the hands of the relentless hunters. Such was the plan being laid out. He had been tracked to the inn where he paid for the room in which the girl was staying. As of yet he had not returned to finish his deed. Their had been a report of someone being found drained of all blood laying in a heap along with two murdered men whose brains had been bashed against the stone walls. It signified that he had fed, but he would soon be on the hunt again, and in all likelihood he wood pay the girl a visit this eve.

Vampires such as he were very cunning and astute, they ventured far and wide to hunt in order to throw suspicion away from them. They were hard to peg down because they seldom if ever were seen in the neighboring villages for any reason. Everything they needed was either shipped to them or they had slaves that would go out and find what they needed. In this village the great lord did not count on being seen by none other than the humans he dreaded the most. They were at least one hundred strong, and everyone of them had blended in perfectly so as not to arouse suspicion from their intended quarry. It was village life as usual for all concerned.

'One down one to go.' thought Victor. 'This particular vampire he was well acquainted with, at one time it had almost cost them both their lives. Yorvich fled to another country, and Victor almost fell to his death after being tossed by the vampire from a tower window. The only thing that saved him were his men at the time who kept the vampire at bay while he was pulled back inside. It was at this point that the vampire turned into smoke and vanished leaving no trail to follow.
That had been in his youth should the same thing happen today, it would be a very different outcome.' His main role was to serve as a mentor for the most part, and when risks needed to be taken his most learned students would take the lead.

This night the plan had been laid out. They would keep the inn under constant observation, until the vampire came to look for his intended victim. Then they would allow him to leave dogging his trail to the very spot where he had his temporary lair. Once there, they would spring the trap with the coming of the new dawn. The only obstacle would be that vampires of his stature always had help in the form of spiritual demons, and animals under their control that would warn them of any attempt on his person. Such was the power of these nocturnal beings.

It was around midnight when Yorvich made his way to the inn, he knew that Blackthorn would be in his cave where he had found him. It was the deepest part of the castle and he knew that his nemesis would go to sleep there. He would kill him before dawn and then hurry back to his cellar for more frolicking with his new found woman. She had been given a room on the second floor with a balcony that overlooked the forest. So much the better he would arrive unseen and undetected by anyone.

A mist came out of nowhere and settled on the balcony of a second floor room, slowly the mist took shape, and as the windows to her room opened up as if by magic, he entered. With gasp the young woman sat up on her bed, and started to scream. Yorvich's hand went up in a gesture and she looked at him with horrified eyes, but no sound came from her mouth. She was transfixed unmoving only her eyes moved as she blinked. Slowly he sent mental messages to her, and she started to calm down. Still standing by the window, and without saying one word, the young woman started to remove her nightgown, she removed everything until she was naked before his gaze.

Still he did not move, instead the girl seemingly willful, left her bed, and walked to him, and kneeled in front of him staring at his crotch. She was mesmerized and totally oblivious to her present state and her surroundings, her focal point was only him. He finally spoke. "What a naughty girl, look at you, is this what you're looking for?" He unbuttoned his trousers and his massive cock was fully exposed and erect throbbing for the woman's attention. "Beg for it you slut, you know you want it, beg, beg!" The girl was in his total mental control. "Give me your cock I want to suck it, I want to taste it, I can hardly wait!"

He threw back his head and laughed to see how unashamed she looked, pleading for his favors. "That is enough for now, put your things back on, and be ready to go for a long walk." Silently the girl turned as if sleep walking and started to put her clothes back on. When she was ready, he scooped her in one fluid motion, and seemingly flew off of the second floor balcony to the street below. All was quiet, the village was asleep. No one ventured forth at this hour, even the village drunks were reluctant to be out and about.

He walked briskly to where he had left his mount, and mounted behind the still mesmerized woman. He rode directly to the abandoned building where he would spend the rest of the wee hours of the morning pleasuring himself with the sexuality that the girl would give him until he would tire of her, then he would drink her blood and enjoy every drop until she was totally drained. There was however, one thing in the back of his mind. Blackthorn,....he had to pay him a visit first to clear the air once and for all.

He ordered the woman into the cellar and willed her to wait and sleep in the meantime. She immediately fell into a deep sleep. Again he walked out looked in every direction before again mounting his steed. The direction in which he rode would bring him directly in back of Blackthorn Castle. Before arriving at the mouth of the cave, he summoned a pack of wolves from the nearby forest. One by one they gathered along side of him and in front as they entered the cave. His eyes glowed in the night as did the eyes of the wolves, but his vision was far superior to theirs.

A figure standing silent and still as death awaited. Standing his ground in front of the entrance that would lead into his chambers, where his home had been invaded once before by the female vampire, he did not want it invaded a second time. "I've been waiting for you Yorvich, I see you've brought your brothers along to help you. I feel flattered that you cannot do the job by yourself." Eric was taunting him, pushing him to the point of anger. He wondered how the attack would come. He did not have long to wait. With one gesture of his hands the wolves went into motion. The alpha male leaped into the air looking to knock him down where he would be accessible to the rest of the pack.

In a blur of motion, Eric brought his sword to bear and with one swift stroke decapitated the wolf in mid air. The rest were bewildered to see their leader fall and they became disorganized. They tried circling looking for a weak point where they could rush in all at once and bring their target to the ground. Again they lunged in one movement, this time Yorvich joined in the attack. In a blur of motion Eric was swinging his sword with a frenzy so fast that it gave his sword the appearance of a spinning whirling machine with a life of it's own. As fast as he moved Yorvich moved faster countering all of his moves. The wolves were all dead save for the lord of vampires, he lunged time after time wanting to destroy his opponent with his bare hands.

He was as fast, as he was cunning, several times that Eric had lunged for the fatal blow that would have taken his head off, he turned into smoke and the blade swished by only slicing the air. He was fast but he could not maintain the incredible speed or the many changes he was employing without tiring somewhere along the line. Eric put all of his experience into play combined with his new found power of speed but it was not enough. In a blinding burst of speed he felt the steel grip of the Lord of Vampire's claws closing around his throat from behind. Eric brought the point of his sword to to bear point first as if he were going to stab himself, and the sword slid in between his arm and his chest deep into the body of the vampire behind him.

Eric heard him laughing his sardonic laugh as his grip tightened tighter and tighter around his throat. He was enjoying every moment of the battle. "Good move fledgling cur, but you forget one thing, you can run me through a thousand times but you cannot kill me. I am going to kill you Blackthorn, I am going to slowly rip your throat out then I'm going to remove your head and place it in front of the man that you impaled so that you can look at him for an eternity. Eric heard the words as a hiss coming from Yorvich's contorted lips.

He felt like he was dying all over again, as he slowly lost his grip on his sword. The cave started to spin before him as blackness was starting to envelope him. Then he heard as if from far away the guttural scream coming from Yorvich's mouth close to his ear. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" "Ahhhhh!" Pain registered in his scream, as Eric pulled away he saw the vampire clutching the wooden point of what appeared to be a stake protruding from back to front. Behind him Eric saw the form of Victor stepping out of the shadows. The Lord of Vampires turned to see his attacker, his black bloodshot eyes slowly glazing over as he tried to focus on the face of the man that had dared to drive the wood into his heart.

"You!,....You!....Nooooo! It can't beeeeeee!" The booming voice of Victor reverberated in the cave. "What you have in you is a child's sword made of wood, only that it is a special kind of wood that came from the tree known as Blackthorn Wood! The very child that Berengaria had slain along with his little sister and his mother! The days of your kind are numbered, and yours ends here today in a very fitting place! O killer of innocents how does it feel to be the one doing the dying, may the devil take you and your soul to that eternal place of torment where you can burn for an eternity!" The body of The Lord of Vampires slowly sank to the floor of the cave. Victor's words would be the last words he would ever hear on this earth. His body slowly started to decompose before Eric's astonished eyes. He watched how the body changed from putrification to bones, and then to ashes only the little wooden sword that once belonged to his son remained where the great slayer once stood.

Eric picked up the wooden sword and held it in his hands. He turned to Victor and looked into his eyes. I owe you my miserable life, my friend. How did you know? We followed the vampire from an abandoned building where he was planning to return to his victim, I had my men wait outside the cave in case he would come out there were one hundred archers all with wooden special arrows. I told them this was something I had to do alone as I should have done a long time ago when this creature fist escaped me. As for the wooden sword, it was the hand of an angel that arranged for it to do in two of the most evil creatures this earth has seen. God works in mysterious ways, and you can rest assured that your family is in heaven looking out for you.

Eric was touched to the point of tears. "Yes but where does that leave me? I am cursed to be what I am, and nothing can change that. I want you to know that I am leaving my lands, I leave everything in your care, and those of your descendants. As for me, I will go to another country where nobody knows who I am, and live out my existence. "Don't be to sure about your curse, somewhere somehow the light of God will find you once more. Just stay the good man you are, and never deviate in your course. Perhaps, like in the book of Job, this is only a test for you." "Good bye my dear friend and farewell, I cannot bear to stay and watch all the good people around me grow old and die, while I stay the same. Someday I hope my fate will change for the better." Eric embraced Victor the way he would embrace his own father, then he turned and walked up the secret entrance that he would have sealed forever.

Last edited:
Lord Blackthorn made good on his promise to leave his beloved homeland. He took enough money to see him through for a few years, the rest he gave away. Some where he heard that in America a person could live well without worries. He boarded a ship one night, and sailed his way to the new continent. There the years went by slowly, he invested most of his money in a hotel that would later became a chain of hotels. His lifestyle did not require him to be in any one spot for very long, he had people in charge that took care of everything, so he lived comfortably where ever he willed, no one could pinpoint exactly where his main home was.

The years rolled by and no one knew who the real proprietor of the hotel chain really was, so he did not have to worry about people talking and comparing his age to anyone. He saw them start to work for him as youngsters, and later saw those same employees retire in their old age. Years came and years went by, but the loneliness, in his heart never left him. The wound was still open, it was a scar that could never heal completely, for everywhere he went there were reminders in faces that would look familiar. Faces that were reminders of his Isabelle and his children. He saw their little faces when he would go for a walk in the early evenings and he would see the children at play. He would sit at a park bench and watch them until it was time for them to go home. They would always bring a heart ache to wounded heart as he remembered his little ones and the brutality in which they were separated from him and from the world. Many many times he wondered why he did not die along with his family, instead he had remained in the world with a life style he detested and abhorred. His one consolation in life was that he had gotten his revenge on the three fiends that had destroyed his life and had caused his damnation. Often was the time he remembered his long dead mentor and friend Victor and how circumstances had given themselves to bring the two together in a spiritual bond. Sworn enemies yet they had ended up like father and son.

Eric's existence was simple, by night he would steal into the local zoo and would find an animal of the bovine kind, and after the fashion of the people in the remote areas of Africa would do, he would make a small piercing on the main artery of the animal, and would take as much blood as he need at any given time. They always provided him with plenty of blood, with little or no ill effect to the animal. They would re-supply their bodies in a day or two with a fresh supply of new blood. It was not hard to live that way, he only hated the abnormality from the rest of humanity. He often wondered what his fate would have been like had he chosen to be evil and to do what was in the nature of his kind to do in order to live. The hunters would have most surely caught up to him and would have done what they had been sworn and trained to do with his kind.

As time slowly went by, he learned how to remain awake during the day, but away from direct sunlight that no matter how he tried would cause him great anxiety, forcing him to retreat to shaded or dark places that shielded him from the deadly rays. He mastered many many things through the course of the years, and became learned and adept at many things. As the years slowly cranked by, the age of technology arrived. Cars, modern implements of every sort airplane travel, and everything became a computerized world. All of this he had to take in stride and master. Time was on his side as he adapted and embraced every new change that came along. It was a time of knowledge, exceeding anything he had ever seen. The abilities of man were unstoppable it would seem. No sooner was something invented, when there came a thousand improvements on the very same thing, leaving the original appearing as crude and rudimentary. The only thing that didn't change was the warring nature of man. All over the world there were wars and death. Some died as a direct cause of the wars, others as a result. There was pestilence, there were monsters the likes of Hitler and many others. Ever present was the killing, it went on and on in different parts of the world. If not in one part of the world it would be on the next part of the world it never stopped. Eric yearned for the peaceful life of so long ago, the life he remembered as a youngster. The life he had lived with his family when outings were on horseback or on horse drawn chariots. He remembered the quiet picnics with his family. How he taught his little ones to put a worm on a hook in order to catch a fish. He remembered his little boy astride his horse and how he waved his wooden sword around fighting make believe battles just like his father did in the real ones.

Through all of the years he kept one thing that was of absolute value to him, his son's sword. He had it encased in a glass cubicle. It was exhibited in his office a lit glass enclosure like a rare museum piece. It rested on a sword stand that sat on top of purple velvet. There were times he would spend hours just staring at it and remembering his little man. He remembered how fate had allowed his son's most precious toy to intervene and exact revenge on the monsters that had taken his life along with his sister and mother. He remembered how Victor had saved this very same sword so that it could be put to use in the final battle with the Lord of Vampires thus saving his eternal undead life. 'How long dear lord must I live with this curse upon me, how long must I endure this never ending agony?'

*********A NEW LIFE HAS ENTERED THE WORLD*********​

In a hospital not far away, a young woman had gone into labor. She and her husband had anxiously awaited the birth of their little girl that had been announced to them by the sonograms that had determined the sex of the child. "Isabella will be her name!" cooed the mother as she gently touched her swollen belly. "She will be such a joy to us you'll see!" she would tell her husband. Alas it was not to be, complications arose and the young mother and wife would have the joy of holding her baby only once before she died. She was able to hold her and to look into her little face and marvel at her beautiful eyes, and abundant red hair. "She is a beautiful baby, so perfect in every way." She weakly remarked to her husband. As the mother's eyes started to glaze the sight of her little angel would be the last she would see on this earth. Complications due to hemorrhage after childbirth had been the cause of death, the father was distraught and inconsolable. How could he lose his treasure when life had been so good to them? Thus came the first blow for the baby still wet from her mother's blood that still covered her as she was taken from her loving mother's dead arms.

Isabella grew into a beautiful little girl, cared for by her ever-present nanny. She grew like a little weed, playful and light in spirit, but always choosing to be alone with her dolls. She would have little tea parties to which only special make believe visitors were invited. Knights and princes and royalty of a by gone era were the ones that attended. In her early years she was normal like any other child but as she grew older, she would complain to her nanny about strange dreams. She would describe places and things from an era gone by. She would make claims that she belonged there and someday she would visit the very lands of which she dreamed of. They were full of splendor and peacefulness, that is where she would be swept off of her feet by her prince. They would fall in love in a magical place where they would marry and have children and live happily ever after.

Time passed by slowly, contact with her father was little or none existent. In his mind he always blamed her for the death of his beloved wife. He cared little for his daughter's need for a father figure nor any of the things a child would share with a father. So Isabella grew up, birthdays came, and birthdays went, along with holidays. Christmas gifts were always labeled from Santa, never with love from her father. She was one of many children in the world that learned from an early age the meaning of the word rejection. Her father was a well to do business man, but in his mind she was the cause of his beloved wife's death, and always blamed her secretly, and did so by showing her his disdain by staying away, all the while drinking his life away trying to find solace in the arms of the many women that came his way because of his money.

As the years went by she attended the best schools, and graduated from the best college with excellent grades. She was number one in her class as she received her doctorate degree in business administration, only her nanny was there to see her graduate and receive her diploma. Her dream was to help her daddy run his business, but it was not to be. Her father was a stern man and would not contemplate making her a part of of his business in any shape or form. So in time, Isabella went to work for a hotel chain that was needing someone to help straighten out the books and to put things back in order. IRS was getting the best of them due to very bad book keeping and accounting, so she put in her resume and was hired almost immediately. Time went on and word reached Lord Blackthorn of a young lady that had turned one of his hotels around to where now they were seeing huge profits where as before they were on their way to going bankrupt.

Eric sat in his huge office contemplating what to do with the evening. He was dressed in a black business suit, his hair was well groomed, his long ebony locks shone in the soft light held in a tight ponytail as was his custom of wearing his hair in the present. His peacefulness was interrupted by a call came that came over the intercom, it was his secretary. "Sir, Miss Isabella LongTree is here to see you regarding her report on the finances for the year." "Yes please show her in." came his response, as he made his way to the office bar. He was in the process of pouring himself a glass of red, his back was to his office entry door, when he heard a soft seemingly familiar voice. "Mr. Blackthorn." There was a small pause from Isabella as she watched him fill his glass of wine. "Yes? he answered turning around to face whoever it was that was addressing him. When he brought up his eyes to meet hers, he almost dropped the glass. 'It couldn't be, his eyes were playing tricks on him, had he gone mad from loneliness or was this a ghostly vision that had came to haunt him?' he tried desperately to regain his composure, and barely managed to stutter out a faint small word. "Y-Yes." his eyes never left hers, as he took in all of the fine features of her lovely face.

"Are you alright sir? It looks as though you've seen a ghost!" "I-I N-no! I'm fine, it's just that I've been working late hours and it's catching up with me, that's all. Now what can I do for you?" She got down to her report on the finances of the hotels. She informed him of the gaps that existed in ill spent or missing monies, and where improvements needed to be made in order to correct things again. He quizzed her on her numbers, but she was impeccable with her figures. She presented to him all the outflows of monies ill spent and where she had put a stop to the needless spending, to where now the chain was turning out a huge profit that would double and triple in the years to come.

His mind was in a fog, he heard her voice as she spoke and tried very hard to stay with her presentation as she was relaying to him. Her voice was identical to Isabelle's voice. Her mannerisms, her face, her eyes, her hair, everything was impeccably alike. He was dreaming, or someone was playing a trick on him. "Well that's about it sir, what do you think?" she asked. "Oh! y-yes it's fine...I...errr,...yes everything looks fine." "Well then I just need your signature here, here and here, and then I'll leave you to your wine. It was a pleasure to have met you finally, I've heard a lot about you, but I never had the chance to make your acquaintance." She shook his hand and turned and left the room. Her perfume lingered in the room it was the same as Isabelle's only a tinge softer. He was walking on cotton, his mind was swimming, the whole room seemed to be spinning in front of his eyes, he had to sit down. Her presence had taken him by storm. He had to know more about this young woman and soon. He would make some excuse to see her again, perhaps the report, perhaps just to invite her for an evening out in gratitude for a job well done, he didn't know. The only thing he knew was that he had been captivated to no end by the young lady. Memories came flooding back into his mind of his Isabelle, her features, her voice, her mannerisms. It was all so uncanny only time would tell he dared not think anyone could replace her memory and no woman had been able to invoke such a feeling in him as this woman that had just been in front of him. He paced his office from one end to the other. He felt like he was choking, like he needed air. The evening had fallen and he decided to go for a walk to clear his mind. A mind that was in turmoil at the present time trying very hard to digest what he thought was an impossibility.

Last edited:
OOC: To all those that have been following the story thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have to continue the story not as a team effort, but now as a story. It will continue this way until the very end. Again thank you faithful readers, and I hope you enjoy the ending.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Eric's mind was a sea of turmoil as he walked alone in the park. His vision caught glimpses of couples in the darkness, concealed in the bushes making love. 'How grand it would be to make love again to the woman of his dreams, the only woman he swore to love until his last dying breath. The woman that would never be here again to fill his lonely life. How grand it would have been to die of old age next to her instead of living this many years without you my love. I have remained the same, but my heart is still lonely for you.'

Eric thought of the young woman that had been in his office just a short time ago, she was the perfect image of his Isabelle down to the most minute detail of her features as he remembered her. Even her tone of voice was exactly the same. 'How can life be so cruel to me to play such a joke on me? I must see her again, but for what? What can I possibly offer her except a fate just like mine? I do not wish this on my worst enemy!

He recalled the words Victor had spoken to him one day, "Now I will tell you this, sometimes life is crazy in it's own way. You have the ability to remain alive beyond several lifetimes if you take care of yourself and not become greedy, and during one of those lifetimes you may just meet with those that you have lost. It's is a retribution given only to those that have suffered greatly and they are compensated in the end with all that they desired or had taken away from them at one time. I wish you well Lord Blackthorn, know you this,... you have a friend in me.

"Oh Victor,... Victor my friend, if only you were here today so that your words would guide me through this hell that has been presented to me, what do I do? The words you said to me one eve were burned into my mind. I thought that would never happen and yet here she is, reborn! What you told me has come to pass, she is here. Fate, destiny or God has put us on the same path once more, I know it! She does not yet know who I am, but her heart will tell her, then what? Victor my eternal friend, if only you were here!"

Eric sat down on a park bench and leaned forward he put his face in his hands as he wept, something he had not done in a very long time. He wept for Isabelle, and his children, for himself, and now for the woman that had entered his life once more be it to torture his already tortured mind, or to bring him some hope of happiness once more. 'What kind of happiness could I possibly hope for, she's a human and I,...I am a thing to be repulsed and feared. Even if the fates put us together again, in a few short years, I would see her get old and lose her all over again.'

A couple that was passing by saw his distress and decided to ask if he needed help. "Sir are you all right, do you need help? He looked up at them to thank them for their concern and to tell them he was fine, but he did not get a chance to utter a single word. A look of surprise and fear came over their faces as they saw his blood shot eyes staring at them, and the face of the man they wanted help, smeared with blood. Quickly they moved away at a fast pace, and then broke into a run as if a ghost was chasing them.

Eric looked at his hands, where wet tears should have been there was blood instead. "Nooooooo!" he yelled, as he slammed his closed fist on the bench. The force of his uncontrolled blow had been such that the wood broke into splinters. "Damned be this life, damned be this existence, damn it all to hell! He knew that the scared couple would soon contact the authorities and they would come looking for him, so he left and made his way to the zoo. He had not had sustenance and was in need of blood. 'How could I ever hope to explain this and my life to her, and that she would understand,...how my God?'

He knew God would never listen to him, he was a man without a soul by choice, God had no interest in creatures like him. He was doomed to eternity to remain a vile creature that needed blood to live, for him God was only a word he used in his despair. Yet, in his heart he still acclaimed that which once had been sacred to him and he had revered with all of his heart such a long time ago. "God you know I have tried, I had no choice, I chose to sacrifice myself to this existence for the good of others that would have died. I know you exist because I have seen the thing in hell that demanded more souls in order that I would live eternally but I have not given in to that, if you would but take that into account lord, you would know I am not a bad man!"

With head lowered he made his way into the zoo, to find his sustenance. He washed his face in the water made available for the animals, then made his way back to his private suite at the hotel. It was almost dawn, he hated to sleep, for to do so would be to sink into the depths of hell to watch his soul burning and tortured for failing the one that had ordered him to kill, and to be a vile murderer of innocents. That was the price that had been asked of him and he had not complied. His soul would be tortured and would never find peace, Deals with the devil were never in favor of anyone but him. He would be paid and would collect in one fashion or another. Eric felt tired as he passed the exhibit where his son's sword was displayed. He thought of ending his life with the very same instrument that had done in two other creatures like himself, but the memory of his little man stopped him cold. He could not do it, for he would damn himself even deeper in the quagmire of hell he so desperately wanted to escape.

Last edited:
*****************FOGGY MEMORIES****************​

Isabella left Eric's office somewhat bewildered, she had expected to see a much older man instead of the young and robust, not to mention charming man that she had met. He didn't look a day over thirty two years of age. Perhaps there had been another Blackthorn that had left his inheritance to the younger man. It was indeed puzzling but of one thing she was certain, he had made quite an impression on her. She thought about how he had seemed taken aback by her presence also, as he appeared close to dropping his drink upon noticing her. Some where in her mind she was sure she had seen this man before. 'Where have I seen this man before? His face looks so familiar but I just can't seem to think of a place or time that I might have met his acquaintance.'

When she arrived at her apartment, she went over her paperwork one more time just to make sure everything was in order before filing the quarterly report. 'Yes everything looks fine, the other accountants and bookkeepers had left a lot to be desired. If the chain had continued in it's pace with so much unaccounted debt, they would have gone broke in less than two years unless there was a nest egg somewhere.' she thought. With her expertise and the knowledge that she had acquired, she would put them back on track if and when she would be allowed to administer and the business the way she would like. That would be another bridge to cross with Mr. Blackthorn, perhaps he would consent to such an impertinence on her part when the time came to mention it.

She decided it was time for bed and went about her business getting ready. She was adamant about cleanliness, she had to be clean and always took a nice hot bubble bath before retiring it always relieved her tensions of the day and gave her a chance to reflect on certain thoughts that perplexed her. She thought about her dreams, 'Of late, her dreams had reached a point that left her shaking at times, she had the same recurring dreams of a castle, of walking the ramparts as if waiting for someone to return. She saw the peacefulness of the day, as birds chirped their song, and then in the same dream she would be pursued by an unseen enemy that would catch up to her, but she always woke up in a fright just as she felt his hands come in contact with her. She also heard children crying in fright, were they her children?'w3
At other times, she had dreamed of picnics in the countryside, always by a river that flowed not to far from the castle. She would see her husband teaching two children how to fish. Were they her children?...yes... they had to be, it was a little boy and a little girl. She would look at the man but his back was always towards her, she could not see his face. It always happened that just as she was about to see his face, she would wake up. All of these things happened in a far off land where she had never been before of that she was sure. In her cloistered life she had never traveled much to anywhere. Her father never took her on outing or trips of any kind although he was always gone to one country or another. She had learned to hide her pain from the rejection she felt to where it was just a dull pain that would never subside.

She finished her bath toweling herself dry, and dried her hair and combed it before going to bed. She took pride in her flaming red hair that reached almost to her waist. Long flowing locks that made her look like her hair was on fire under certain lighting conditions. She checked her face for any blemishes, she wanted to make a good impression when she would again meet with Mr. Blackthorn. She drifted off into a contented sleep.

As the hours of the night ticked by, she again started to dream. The man she was with had ebony flowing black locks on his head, he was in body armor, with his ever present sword. Always with a keen sword at his side, it would seem they were inseparable. She would feel this same man behind her in her bed, holding her, touching her, as she slept. She could hear his voice as if it were very far away whispering in her ear as he spoke of his endearing love for her. Over and over he would profess his love for. He would tell her her how he would follow her into the next life if need be, for his love for her was greater than time. He was her knight in shining armor, he was the father of her children, and he was all hers. She would turn to face him, but the light was always dim, and his features were in the shadows. She could feel his lips on hers as he would kiss her ever so tenderly, then in the middle of her excitement she woke up. She glanced at the clock on her night stand and it said 5:00am. It was soon time to wake up and meet a new day.

She thought about her dream, This time it had been more vivid, more real. 'Am I going crazy, or have I lived before? I must see about going to a hypnotist and perhaps they can help me solve this recurring dream thing. Only now it does not seem to be recurring, but it is changing somehow.' New events were happening from the old dreams of before, it seemed that the earlier dreams were always about things children would dream of, it was different now. She saw herself as an adult, married and with children. It was something she had not experienced in any of her dreams before. She finely got up and took a quick shower, dressed, and combed her hair. She thought she would wear it pinned up. She had a busy day ahead of her, she checked herself one last time in the mirror before stepping out to meet the day.

As the days went by she busied herself by checking all the books having to do with the finances of the hotel chain. Then one day quite unexpectedly, she received a call from the Blackthorn office secretary. "Hello! Ms. Isabella? "Yes," she answered. "Mr. Blackthorn would like to have dinner with you, this evening, and in the process he would like to discuss some business with you regarding the financial reports, can you make it? "Y-yes, I will be ready, at what time did he schedule the meeting?" "He will be by to pick you up in his limo at 7:00 pm sharp, is that hour alright for you?" "Yes, I'll be ready, and I'll have all of my paperwork with me." "That's fine then, I'll let Mr. Blackthorn know, thank you."

She didn't know what to wear, since it was going to be a business meeting, she opted for a business suit that accented her figure, but was conservative enough for whatever was going to be discussed. As the hour came near she gave her hair an extra touch of hairspray, and touched her ears and arms with a touch of her perfume. She had grown fond of it when she first started wearing perfume, it had been under the tree one Christmas and it came from Santa. That is all she knew, but Santa had expensive taste, it cost a small fortune to obtain, but the fragrance was well worth the price.

The door bell rang, at precisely 7:00pm, it was Mr. Blackthorn himself that came to the door. "Good evening young lady, thank you for accepting my invitation at such short notice, there are certain things I would like to discuss with you about the financial situation of the hotels. "I have it all here sir, in this manila case, whatever you need to know it is all here." That will be fine, I think we can have a bite to eat first, then after dinner we can discuss a few things. He walked her to the limo and the driver had the door already opened for them, from his prior instructions, he knew where they needed to go, so no further instructions were need for him as they drove off.

Last edited:
The limo lumbered through the streets on it's way to the restaurant just as Eric had instructed the driver. Eric had not spared any expense when he had ordered the vehicle. It was spacious inside with hidden bars on both sides that would extend at the press of a button to offer drinks to the riders. There were ice compartments, and bottles of wine, and fine liquors of all kinds. He selected a bottle of red wine old in vintage, and expertly removed the cork with a motorized cork remover. He poured wine in two glasses and offered one to Isabella.

The limo had excellent suspension and the ride was so smooth that they did not have to worry about spilling any of the contents in their glasses. "Here is to you Miss Longtree, for having accepted my invitation in such short notice, also it is not very often I have the luxury of having someone so beautiful on board this limo, normally few and far between it is always a stuffy old business man or just simple transport from place to place for me by myself. Today I feel honored to have you with me."

He did not dare to look into her emerald green eyes for fear of losing all control of his faculties. He had faced many things in his undead life, but never anything that made him so uneasy as her presence. She was exquisite. Every mannerism, every expression she made was identical to his Isabelle. Her flaming red hair, her smile, everything was as if she had materialized out of nowhere to come back into his life. It was rather disconcerting that he saw her for who she was, but she did not remember him, or connected him in the slightest to a tempestous past. Perhaps her memory would be jarred at some point, time would tell.

It was uncanny how fate allows people to meet again in separate lifetimes, and somehow the same fate brings those people together in some fashion or another. He would have never thought of ever seeing his Isabelle again, yet here she was, practically with the same name only one letter difference. It was her, it had to be her, perhaps he was going crazy. Perhaps it was related to his life as he had to live it, something in the blood he had been consuming. This could not be happening but here she was.

A thousand things were going through his mind, a thousand scenarios, a thousand what ifs. How would she ever understand that he was a vampire, and had to live on blood. That he could bite her and make her like him, to endure the same type of hell he was enduring. That if she would choose that option, her soul would be forever doomed in the depths of hell where his was being consumed in an undying fire. That he did not have the option of ever being human again. That if he should change her she would never enjoy the beautiful sunshine of a golden morning, or a golden sunset ever again. That she would have to live on blood just like he had to and perhaps she would opt for human blood and become a vile creature to be hunted down and eventually killed.

The major problem for the moment was that he did not want to stop seeing her again, or stop from wanting to spend every waking moment close to her. He could think of a thousand reasons to leave her and never see her again, but how could he leave what his heart was screaming and telling him that she was his lost love? The very woman for whom he had gone half mad in the forest such a long time ago mouning her death and the death of his beloved children.

His hand was shaking as he held his glass of red wine, he noticed she was staring at his hand as he held his glass. It was not the motion of the smooth ride that was making him shake, the pent up emotions he was feeling were taking their toll. The emotional battle he was fighting within his own self, and the fact that she must not know, not now. Perhaps in time he would bring himself to attempt explaining to her the very essence of his existence, and somehow relate to her the full story of his past from so very long ago.

Last edited:
A step back

******************************A Step Back Into The Past**********************************​

Lady Maria the youngest daughter of Lord Blackthorn's old friend Johnathan stepped up into her father's home. She looked back to the man that she swore she would never live without and her heart swelled as she lifted her chin and smiled. She had made a vow before god and now she would move all before her to make that vow become her reality. Hour after hours she looked over the books that had been written by this or that scholar that her father had in his library. Nothing revealed itself on how to make her vow come to fruition. Her mother worried over her and went to her father.....

"John my loving husband, we must do something about our Maria it is long past time she was wed and I am afraid for her." She wrung her hands and she paced the room before he stepped to her and took her by the shoulders. " My darling beloved," he smiled down at his wife and spoke to her in soft tones," you know I could never refuse you a wish or grant you fondest desires. I will look for a husband for our daughter and woe to the man that should have her, for I fear she has lost her heart to Blackthorn." He gathered her into his arms and held her close kissing the top of her head and then sliding his lips along her cheek and then down along her neck. His hands skimmed the waist of her her gown and she laughed throatily always having loved her husband's attentions.

His hands slid lower and began to gather the skirt of her gown up into his hands as he bit and licked at her throat and her voice filled the air softly about his head," John... the door.." he laughed and shook his head," have you never guessed that when the servants see us alone in a room they would not dare to come in to interrupt us." He gather her up and settled her on the desk in the large library the drapes drawn back and the sun caressed her hair and her body as he slowly began to disrobe her from the neck to her waist and from her ankles to her hips.

She looked up at him passion and lust tempered by love and devotion and she gathered him into her arms as he growled and released his cock to take his wife there on the desk. His cock filled her waiting sheath and he began to move slowly at first wanting to have the feeling last as long as the universe would allow. his fingers gripped her ass and dragged her up tighter to his body as he leaned into lick a wet trail from her neck t her breasts and he suckled at her tightened flesh and moaned," oh my love I thank god that you are my own beloved." As he spoke his hips stilled and he gasped holding her tight as she cried out into his chest her release. His hip jerked a few more moments and then stilled and he lay over her panting and gasping for air as sweat trickled along his body," We will find out Maria her own beloved." Kissing her lips lovingly one last time her began to withdraw and arrange his clothing. He chuckled at the disheveled look of his wife as she too began to arrange her clothing in some semblance of order.

"You will marry or by god I will have you beaten until you comply!" the Bellow echoed off the walls and down the hall sending servants flying in all directions as yet another fight broke out with the Lady maria and her father. " I Will not... I refuse I will refuse any man you send to me. I only want BLACKTHORN," the same argument the same tirade over and over back and forth. This had been going on for a year now, party after party suitor after suitor. Always something wrong, always something not right. Johnathan was at his wits end and he growled and slammed his fist in tot he desk," You will be married before the year is out, or by god I will have you beaten everyday and fed only bread and water until you comply." Lady Maria stormed from the library slamming into a maid that hadn't been quick enough to move and she ran to her room and with a resounding slam she closed the door. Johnathan slumped into his chair his head in one hand his other on his heart and he sighed deeply the fights were beginning to take their toll on his body and he was feeling his age. The sun began to set and he looked to the windows praying for an answer to his wants and needs and he shook his head closing his eyes as he tried to calm himself.

Party after Party, suitor after suitor and then Maria saw him. Her own true love Lord Blackthorn, he was there in the sitting room talking to another woman and Maria saw red. She moved to the room her fan fluttering along her face and her hair piled atop her head and she smiled to the couple on the couch and dipped her head,"Lord Black thorn we didn't think you would ever come see us again?" The man looked up from his conversation and the eyes were completely wrong, not steel blue, but brown. "You will forgive me madam I know you not," he looked at his companion and he smiled and then regraded Maria once more. "You must mean my cousin, of Blackthorn hall, we have often been accused of looking the same. I try don't see the resemblance, but here you are accusing me of being the one and the same." He rose to his feet and took Maria's hand and kissed the knuckles of Maria's left hand then warm caress was followed by a lick along her skin and she withdrew her hand from his," allow me to introduce myself, I am Xavier Blackthorn. No title." He winked at her and then cleared his throat," and you are the Lady Maria, so now that we know one another you and I may take a walk yes?" He nodded to the girl he had been seated with and took the Lady Maria's hand in his own placed it on the crook of his arm and lead her from the room.

"I must confess my dear you came at the most opportune time, that chit was as boring as cow milk." He chuckled and walked along the rooms with her and they spoke quietly.

Johnathan almost spilled his wine when he saw the man walking with his daughter and stopped near the back of the room. He placed the wine on the table and he growled a bit and stalked across the room to their side and he cleared his throat,"
Eric I did not realize you were here in town?" His tone accusatory and then the man looked up at him and Johnathan cleared his throat again," My apologies sir you are the spitting image of my son in law." He looked at his daughter to see her reaction to the man, and his tension eased a bit as he didn't see anything about her that would seem like she was upset.

Xavier looked to the older man and he inclined his head,"I am sorry for your loss Sir, your lovely daughter was just telling me of the story of her sister and my cousin." He patted Lady Maria's hand on his arm and he then looked back to the older man as he spoke," I have only just arrived in the city and I am looking forward to getting to know your daughter more." His smile seemed genuine and he was well mannered and Jonathan nodded and walked away to find his wife so that she would not be shocked by the presence of the man. He soon found her in another drawing room and told her of the tale.

On through the night Xavier never left Maria's side and he walked her to her carriage and finally rode with her to their house in town. He spoke of his estates and his travels as they rode and spoke. Maria began to hatch a plan to get her desires fulfilled and she smiled and flirted through it all never suspecting the man was a rogue and that the estates he spoke of were non-existent and that the travels had been to hide from the debtors he owed.

in a dream

Maria was in love finally, and it was with Xavier. They had been spending months and months together and she was in her most blissful state when he asked her to be his wife. She had forgotten all about Lord Black thorn and her sister and she was going to concentrate on making him the most dutiful wife. Another week and she would be his finally. The kisses were sending her over the moon and his caresses making her skin burn like liquid gold. Just last night that has been at the Edmonton ball and he had squirreled her off to a small alcove. His hot body pressed to her own and his hands everywhere.

"I must have you soon, my darling heart." He had growled it as his hand had slipped up under her skirt and found her most sensitive sex. His fingers tugging at her underwear and trying to reach her and his hand at her full breasts tugging and gripping her flesh as he continued to growl," I can't wait much longer the time has been so very hard, feel what you do to me." He reached for her hand and slipped it along his hard throbbing cock and rubbed her hand along his trousers," this is all for you my love." People were milling about only a few feet away as he molested her like a common servant and she finally came to her senses and she whispered," Please Xavier I will be yours soon but we must stop, someone will see."

He growled his response and stepped back releasing her from the touch of his mouth and his hands and turned his back on her and began to straighten his own clothing," then fix yourself and we will return back to the party. He was so mercurial at times Maria did not know what to make of his moods, but she loved him and he was usually more loving then not, except for tonight. Tonight he seemed more agitated then normal. She had heard the rumors of a duel this morning and she wondered if he perhaps had known one of the men, if one of his friends had been hurt. She stopped thinking about it and immediately began readjusting her clothing without a sound made and she finally finished with all of her ministrations before he turned to face her and caressed her cheek," Still love me?" She smiled softly and she looked up at him ," yes oh yes Xavier I can not wait to be your wife."

Xavier was upset about the duel , it was he who had killed a man only that morning. called out because he had defiled the man's sister. that bit of scandal more then likely had reached Maria's father's ears. But he would pass it off as a jealous chit who thought he had been interested when he had not. She had come to him the night before begging him to marry her because she was pregnant. He had laughed in her face and sent her from his rooms," you worthless chit, I have bigger fish to fry then a low brow want to be lady then you...off with you." she had left crying and her brother had shown up at one of the clubs only a few hours later demanding satisfaction. He shook his head as he lead Maria from the alcove to get something to drink. With the creditors hard on his heels and a few panting débutante to fill his mind he didn't have the time to sooth Maria's hurt feelings. He needed money and he needed it now.

That had been last night, but today Maria hadn't known any of that and still was blissfully unaware, meanwhile her father was down stairs speaking to the very man that wanted his daughter for his own.

"Rumors are usually attached to some truth Xavier Sir," John stopped at his desk k and he tossed down some papers as he growled," do not play your games with me I am not some young girl just out of the school room. Did you or did you not know the girl." Xavier looked up at Johnathan, he would have to find to get rid of him soon after he was wed to Maria, but that was for another thought," nay I did not know her, I met her at a few of the parties Maria and I attended and she tried to flirt with me I turned her down." He smiled and shrugged as he rose to his feet," Lord I can assure you I have no other woman on my mind but your beloved daughter nd want nothing more then to love her for the rest of her day and mine."
Johnathan grumbled and nodded as he turned to look out the window," then I won't delve deeper into this, but if any more scandals rise up before the wedding I will call it off." Xavier rose and gathered his hat and his cane," and break your daughter's heart sir, perish that thought please. I assure you there is none other I want or need more then the Lady Maria." he inclined his head and he walked to the door," I will call for her later I have some meetings to attend too." Johnathan nodded and waved him off without another word.

The limo lumbered along to its destination, a restaurant located on the outskirts of town. It was far away from the hustle and bustle of the traffic of the city, he chose it because it offered a panoramic view of a lake that was a stone's throw away from the outside tables that were always immaculately dressed in the finest of table wear. The ambiance lended itself for romantic liaisons or to conduct business in a quiet setting.

As the limo arrived they were met by the valet staff that were always on hand to open the door for Eric and Isabella to unboard, and also escorted them into the restaurant. They were met at the door by the manager of the restaurant who greeted them with the utmost of respect. "Good evening Mr. Blackthorn, welcome to "The Cove By The Lake," it is an honor to host you this evening. What ever you need is at your disposal." he bowed courteously and led them to one of the terraced tables overlooking the lake. The full moon was shining in all of it's splendor just above the water line of the lake further adding to the ambiance and the beauty of the setting.

"This will be your waiter for the evening, I have taken the liberty to close this section to all but you sir, so you will not be bothered by nearby conversations from other people." "Thank you." answered Eric, as he shook the manager's hand. Isabella was impressed at the attention that was being given to Eric, he was apparently well known in this establishment where he no doubt frequented it for different business meetings dropping untold amounts of money in the process. Otherwise a whole section would not have been closed for just the two of them.

As Eric approached the table two staff members were there to pull the chairs for the both of them making them comfortable. A bottle of the very best red wine was already at the immaculate table chilling and ready to pour. The waiter immediately set about pouring the contents into two beautifully adorned glasses with gold inlay. He immediately left but not before placing the two adorned menus on the table at each of their sides.

"Wow! I'm impressed with the service." remarked Isabella, I have never been to a place where one would be treated like royalty. She was not accustomed to such frivolty, in her life she had never been treated to any place other than the local diners where one was lucky to be served period. Eric smiled as he lifted his glass to her. "Here is to your gracious company, and to a beautiful night." he wanted to add what he really felt for her and what he wanted her to know. That she was the most beautiful woman this side of heaven, that her emerald green eyes had captivated him all over again, for they were the eyes of his Isabelle, her face, her lips everything about her screamed to him that this was his lost love.

Isabella looked into his eyes briefly, not wanting to make it obvious she was captivated by this man. He was her boss and she was sure that he was just trying to be nice making her feel at home with his presence. Inside of her she was sure she had met this man before but she could not place the time and place. He wore his hair in a pony tail the front part was slicked back impeccably, the locks that trailed behind him were at shoulder level. There was a man in her dreams of late that always wore long locks, but he wore them loosely flowing over his Spaniard style fencing blouse. She had never been able to see his face in her dreams, he always walked away from her, she only knew she was somehow connected to the man in her dreams.

"So tell me how do you find all of my financial affairs, am I in trouble or is it something you can fix?" he wanted to get his mind off of her features before going crazy and confessing to things that would turn her away from him.
She started to go into detail as the waiter came back to take their order, he would have to play as though he lost his appetite for he could not consume any meal without getting sick. The wine he could digest comfortably but not solid food.
They made their selections as the waiter refilled their glasses and he promptly left to place the order.

Isabella continued explaining what she had found out in tallying the books and where improvements could be made. She pointed out where the large and needless expenditures were, and the steps that could be taken in order to make the business more profitable by two or three times what they were making at present.
"Now it is my turn to be impressed, I thought we were doing just fine until you came along. As of this night I am placing you in charge of all of my finances, you will report directly to me and when the board convenes you will be right there to give your report to them. There will be more than a few that were running the business whose jobs will be cut, but it would seem that they were pocketing most of the profits from what your report shows!"

Isabella felt elated, she had made a good impression with Mr. Blackthorn. She thought of the ones that would be angered by her new position and worse yet for the ones that were going to lose their jobs for neglecting their duties, and for embezzling the company. As the evening went by she noticed that Eric had not touched his plate, he merely picked at the food, but otherwise did not consume anything on his plate. Eric noticed she was looking at his plate that was still full just as it had been served. "I'm sorry, I seemed to have lost my appetite with the news you gave me, I didn't think there were such unfaithful people working for me. Eric stated. "I'm sorry I spoiled your dinner, perhaps we should have left the unpleasantness for after dinner." said Isabella, feeling bad for having spoiled his dinner with her report.

"It's quite alright really, besides I am fully content with your presence here with me this night, it more than makes up for the disagreeable report. I half expected to hear just what you told me. To long have I noticed that things were not doing well but I put it aside hoping things would improve. Please forgive me, but for the moment I would just rather sit here and admire you, I hope I am not being to forward by saying this, but I find you very attractive, I am sure you have been told this a thousand times by your admirers along the way. I'm going to find it very hard to concentrate when you are around. He smiled and winked at her. She took his compliment as a remark made only to make her feel good and sure of herself, or was he serious? Did he really find her attractive? It would seem so, for he had not touched a bite from his plate all he had done was stare at her with what appeared like fascination, at times making her uncomfortable that she was the only one eating. She did not want to appear as if she was famished, so before half of her meal was consumed she pushed her plate away. Still, he had not taken his eyes away from her all evening. She felt rather amused by the whole thing as she lifted her glass towards him and smiled as she took a small sip from her glass.

Last edited:
The evening was over all to soon, he continued to make small talk to Isabella and then it was time to depart "The Cove By The Lake." He met with the manager and after signing a bill, he escorted Isabella to the waiting limo that had pulled at curbside outside of the restaurant. They continued on to Isabella's residence. "Thank you for a lovely evening, I'm sorry your meal was spoiled, perhaps we can talk business after dinner next time." she said. "Yes perhaps that would be a good idea, either way, I also enjoyed the evening with you as company, and by no means will it be the last. I feel this is but the start of a good working relationship with you. With my financial matters in your capable hands, I feel we can only prosper and grow in what is the business end of this mess. I just want to say thank you for accepting my invitation this evening, I most enjoyed your company above everything else." Eric took her hand and brought it to his lips and tenderly kissed it. The feel of her soft skin, and the allure of her perfume was intoxicating his senses. He had to leave her before he made a fool of himself.

"I bid you a good night sweet lady, I will count the moments until my eyes can once again feast upon your lovely face once more." "Thank you, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me, you have a good night too!" With that Isabella turned and melted into the entrance of her residence. Eric turned and returned to the limo and was somewhat hesitant to instruct the driver where to go. He wanted to remain and find his way into the home of Isabella, to be with her, and hold her all night just to contemplate her beauty and to tell her all about what had been of his life since he lost her. He hesitated but just signed to the driver he was ready to be driven away.

"Home sir?" asked the driver. "Yes, please, home it is."
He knew that before the dawn he would need to feed he felt the urge aching in his insides silently he thanked who ever it was that had thought of keeping animal in zoos.

The words of his friend rang in his head. "Now I will tell you this, sometimes life is crazy in it's own way. You possess the ability to remain alive beyond several lifetimes if you take care of yourself and not become greedy. During one of those lifetimes, you may just meet with those that you have lost. You will know them, but they will not remember you, however the attraction towards you will be there, and it will blossom to the intensity of before or even supercede it. It's is a retribution given only to those that have suffered greatly. They are generally compensated in the end with all that they desired or had taken away from them at one time. I wish you well Lord Blackthorn, know you this, you have a friend in me."

How well he remembered the words of his mentor and everlasting friend, Victor. He had spoken them to him one day so long ago. It seemed that Victor was trying to tell him something or was he just wise beyond his years? How could he have known or foresaw what was in store for him. "You were right my friend, for here I am face to face with the woman that was once my beloved wife, and she does not know me." 'Here I am in close proximity with the woman that was and still is my whole life along with my children, until that miserable day when fate reared it's ugly head in the form of Berengaria, and that blood thirsty Nefarious. Surely they are both burning in hell where they belong, there can be no other recompense for those two. If only you were here my friend,... if only you were here.'

'There has to be a way to reverse this curse, I detest it! If I could be human once more just to be able live my life out with my Isabella.' his heart was pounding in his chest, anxiety gripped his body. "Driver pull over, I will walk the rest of the way." "But sir, we are across town, and it is a long way to walk back, something might happen to you!" "Please do as I ask." replied Eric, not wanting to sound brash to the young man. He felt the limo come to a stop and exited the vehicle before the driver could come and open the door for him. "Good night sir, please be careful and watch out for yourself!" Eric turned to look at the driver and smiled, "I will be ok, good night." With that he melted into the darkness, as the astonished driver continued to look in his direction.

Last edited:
The driver looked on as his boss vanished into the darkness, he was walking straight into a neighborhood of ill repute. It was full of people of bad blood that would kill any passerby just for pure sport. He knew he would never see his boss alive again and would soon be looking for a new job to boot.

Eric walked aimlessly, his mind was a hurricane of turmoil thinking about the events that had transpired with Isabella, and all that had led him to this place and time. His walk was slow and methodical, as one would walk when a great deal was in mind. He did not take notice of a group of men hiding in the darkness holding a young girl down while one prepared himself penis in hand waiting for the rush of blood that would soon fill it to bring him to a full erection.

"Oh bitch! This is what you like...(showing her the fast growing cock in his hand)... you know you be loving it!" "I'm going to make you bleed like a stuck swine!" "Sweet Daddy going to fuck yo' pussy, and yo' ass, and then you be going to finish Sweet Daddy off with your wicked little mouth, don't you dare spit it out!" "Yeah man, give it to the ho!" "We'll hold the white trash down while you do her, after that she will be ours 'til she either dies or gets to enjoy it and stop fightin' us! "All seven of us will get our turn!" "Give it to the ho!" "Make the ho beg!"

Eric's sensitive ears picked up the commotion in the dark alley as he was passing by. His keen eyes saw the scene that was unfolding before him. The calloused individuals were not even trying to be silent nor were they worried about hiding the evil they were about to do to the poor young girl in their grasp. His thoughts instantly went back to Nefarious and the rape he had effected on his wife and young daughter. How his men had helped him by holding them down so that he could do his evil deed.

In a flash he was behind the man that held his cock in his hand speaking obscenities to the young girl that was pale with fear. "So you like to rape young girls do you?"Eric's right hand reached down and grasped the man's testicles and with one yank stripped them out of the man's body. In the same fluid motion he next grabbed the man's cock at the base of the man's body, and tore it completely off of him and tossed it into the darkness to be eaten by the huge rodents that were always about. If the man did not bleed to death, he would be useless the rest of his natural life, and would always remember why he lost his manhood. In a flash he was upon the other six doing the same to each and everyone of them. To Eric's standards he was being methodically slow, to the regular human eye, he was a blur of motion.

Cries of pain escaped each of their mouths as they screamed their anguish to the world before passing out from the pain. They would never accost a woman again if they lived to tell about it. The rats would have a feast tonight for sure. The smell of blood was intoxicating, it was small wonder why many of his kind turned to drinking human blood instead of animal blood. None of the blood splatter had gotten on him as he checked himself and his attire. With disgust he wiped his hands on the clothing of one of the men that lay on the ground, and returned to the girl that still lay astonished on the ground cringing in fear.

"Are you alright? all the poor girl could do was nod her head in ascent. "Where do you live?" Again all she could do was point in the direction leading out of the alley. He picked her up and carried her in the direction of where she pointed. He kept asking her for directions and all she could do was point until finally they came to a battered building with three flights of stairs leading up to a filthy door that was the entrance to where she indicated she lived. He set her down and waited until the frightened girl opened the door and he heard the click of the lock. Then he proceeded down the stairs kicking the rats that scurried here and there trying to run up his legs totally fearless of human contact.

He made his way out to the dimly lit street where little groups of gangsters gathered to watch him leave. No one stood in his way nor tried to prevent his leave in any fashion. They watched him pass by as they took long drags on their cigarettes, the tip of the burning ends glowing faintly in the dark. Word or sound had reached them, or perhaps someone had gone to see what the screams had been about in the dark alley, and the word had spread like wild fire. The unfortunate men laying in the alley were probably better off dead if they died, if they didn't, they would wish they had for ever more, for they would become people of ridicule from their peers.

No one had called the police and there would be no report from any hospital telling of a super human man capable of doing such an atrocity, for they were all evil doers, and had track records a mile long. Instead in the dark they watched the form of a man walk away, not fully able to recognized his face if the police took interest, if they did he would be just one more in a million of lineups, with no one to say "yes that's him." Eric continued his slow pace melting into the shadows. In his own way he had avenged his wife, and daughter once more. It would seem that the darkness inside every human being did not change with time, it had only gotten worse. He thought of Nefarious how he had defiled his wife and daughter. How he had taunted him in battle all the while trying to weaken his resolve in killing him. He had paid by losing his arm, his only regret was that he had not gone back to finish him off thinking he would bleed to death. Never the less Nefarious had met his just end.

Eric walked until almost dawn, making his way to the now familiar zoo where nourishment awaited. He washed himself of the grime on his hands and then proceeded to the Watusi cattle exhibit. There he took only what he needed to feel refreshed. The animal would be none the worse for wear, and would make up the loss quickly. He would make his way back to his hotel suite before the full dawn and the first rays of the sun. He could tolerate the strong rays for a while but not for long. His last thoughts before he went into his deep slumber were that this was no life at all, for while his body rested his mind would return to the depths of hell where his soul was purging in the unquenchable fire that awaited those that chose to do evil. He longed to see Berengaria and Nefarious burning along with him, but he was damned to watch his own soul and no other being tortured before his very own eyes until darkness would come to the world, then his consciousness would again return to his body without a soul once more. This was the price he had to pay daily for his gift that allowed him to walk the earth as the undead.

Last edited:
Isabella had gone to bed after taking a shower perplexed by how the dinner date had gone with Eric. She found him very attractive and it would appear that she also had captivated his attention for he hardly ate a bite of his dinner. He had spent half of the evening completely fascinated by the features of her face to the point she had actually felt uncomfortable and was glad when the check had arrived. She needed to do some soul searching to decide if she would stay with the firm or find employment elsewhere.

She went to her vanity as she did every night and combed her luxurious red hair before retiring for the night. When she was done she climbed underneath the covers thankful for a full day. Tomorrow would be a new day and with it would come new problems. She longed to have a vacation to somewhere where she had never been before. To relax, to shop until she dropped and to enjoy at least one week without pressure of any kind.

As she drifted off to sleep, her last thoughts were of Eric, ever the perfect gentleman with her. She thought of his deep piercing eyes and his jet black hair that he kept so neatly combed into a pony tail. He seemed very athletic and very muscular. That he was handsome, was an understatement, she found it very hard to believe that at his age he did not have a wife or at least five or six lovers, he could probably service all of them with no problem. She smiled at the thought, perhaps she was giving him to much credit. Slowly the veils of sleep came to her and she slept a long and fitful sleep.

The alarm clock read 01:00 am when she started to dream. She saw herself walking the parapets of a castle in a far off land. She felt the night wind in her long flowing red hair as she stared into the moon lit hills she called out. "Eric,...Eric,...where are you my love, can you not see I need you? The hours of waiting are so long without you my love, please hurry home my arms are here open, and waiting for your love." In her same dream she also saw herself comforting two small children that were apparently her's and Eric's. The man whose return she was awaiting. "Papa will be home soon, and we can all go on a picnic the way we used to when he would take us fishing." "Yes,...yes...I will catch the biggest fish again!" cried the little boy. His features were strong with jet black ebony hair, unlike his sister who had shinning red hair just like her's. "When will papa come back?" she queried, "It would seem he has been gone such a long time." she stared sadly at the floor, "Perhaps we will never see him again."

"Hush child, don't speak of such a thing, your father is out fighting the enemies of Blackthorn Castle and he will return you will see." "I want to go help papa fight! chimed in the little boy, as he waved a small wooden sword in the air. "Together we can kill off all our enemies, you'll see mama, then papa will not have to leave us again." She melted off again into another dream, she heard the din of battle, and the cries of pain as the castle was being stormed by unseen forces. She heard her chamber door slamming open and a hideous looking brute of a man stepped into her chamber unbuckling his pants. She felt the roughness of his touch on her tender skin, and felt how he sank into her vagina with brutal force, ripping it to shreds She saw herself being turned over as he took her from behind and the searing agony of having her rectum penetrated by sheer force. Isabella saw the whole affair unfolding before her as she stood helplessly by watching the dream unfold. She saw how the children were brought in to have the same thing done to them while she was humiliated before them and then she felt the hot searing pain on her neck as she saw her head bounce off the bed, eyes staring wildly in unbelief before landing on the cold floor in a clump of bloodied red hair. She felt and saw how her body moved and twitched in it's last throws and how the man enjoyed every minute of it bringing him to a sick climax.

A voice spoke to her out of no where in her dream, it was as if it were preparing her for what was to come. It was a voice that resounded of experience and knowledge somehow it also knew her name."Isabella,...These things I have shown you, for you have suffered much. You stand on the threshold of recapturing all that you have lost, and happiness will once again be yours. Be patient my child, Eric will be presented with a way to return to you and together you will watch your children at play once more, and you will both live to a ripe old age. Be patient and wait a while longer my child, Eric still has a few things to figure out, then he will return to you body and...soul."

Isabella woke up drenched in sweat, panting as if she had ran a mile, she vividly remembered every part of her dream as if she had lived it at one time. 'It was a dream!' She pinched herself just to be sure. 'I was dreaming of another time, and another place, of a place called Blackthorn Castle, but it was me, I am sure it was me.' I had children, and...and...my husband's name was Eric. how can this be?' The voice that instructed me to be patient, it was the voice of an old man, someone that knew Eric, and knew he had to go through some type of future ordeal,...and,...and,...he also knew me!'

The rest of the early morning hours she spent tossing and turning but sleep would not come back to her tired eyes. She knew she was going to be a zombie the rest of the day. At four thirty she decided to put some coffee on and to take a shower. She knew she had to do something with her face, so she prepared the bottle of makeup that would hide the dark circles around her eyes. 'I hope I don't have to bump into Mr. Blackthorn today.' she thought. As she said the name Blackthorn a portion of her dream came back to her. 'Blackthorn,...Blackthorn, I was mistress of the house of Blackthorn in my dream, and I was married. Married to Eric of Blackthorn, and we had children together. Can this be just a coincidence or am I going crazy? Why am I having these dreams?'' 'I seriously have to go see a shrink if this keeps up!' she thought as she continued getting ready for work.

Last edited:
It was three in the morning and a lonely dark figure trudged his way back into the lucrative streets of the wealthy. He had his hands deep in the pockets of his trench coat, lost deep in thought as he walked. He thought about the girl he had just rescued from the hoodlums that were going to rape her and perhaps kill her in the process. The poor child looked barely sixteen years of age, hardly old enough to even know the consequences of walking the streets at such late hours. A vampire had been her savior tonight, tomorrow she would not be as fortunate. He thought of his wealth and how it could be used to build a shelter of some sort to help the needy women of the city. The poor unfortunate single and unwed mothers that had no home to speak of. The homes they did have were vermin infested and decadent structures worthy of being demolished.

He would have to speak to the board of directors to help with this matter. In the mean time, he would see to it that the young girl was provided for, so that at least she would get a jump on life and perhaps go back to school and make something out of her life on this earth. He thought about it and felt even more morose at the thought that while he would last for centuries, all the human beings that he would ever encounter or that he knew, would someday grow old and die, while he continued to walk the world with out showing signs of age. He would age but ever so slowly, until his time came in one form or the other to die the real death. "How I hate this existence, I wish I were dead in the real sense of the word!" he was wishing out loud as a very faint sound reached his ears and his mind.

Seemingly and from out of nowhere a voice came to his keen ears, almost imperceptible except to the keen ears of a vampire, which were super sensitive to the slightest sound waves. "Your time as a vampire is almost over, just as I told you so very long ago. Remember Eric when I spoke to you and told you that there would be restitution someday. There is a celestial fight going on for your soul, soon you will know one way or the other who the victor of the battle is. Your deeds have been recorded and are being weighed against you, or in your behalf depending on what has been recorded. Your deeds past and future will determine your future and that of your soul which is being held captive by the forces of evil one. He has a claim on it, and will not relinquish it without a fight. Soon the outcome will be determined one way or the other.... I have been and ever will be your friend. Farewell Eric of Blackthorn."

Eric looked around but did not see anyone. The last words were almost inaudible as they faded to where even his acute hearing could not perceive them. It was a mixture of faint words in his ears, and words he was hearing mentally. Could it be his friend from so long ago? His mentor and father figure that had helped him realize who he was and what he had become. His only true friend other than his wife, that had saved him from being killed by the hunters. "Victor! My friend, you have found me, how is this even possible? Please don't go!" He was talking out loud when he reached the door, and the doorman attended to his entry with a puzzled look on his face. The doorman nodded as Eric entered. He did not extend his usual greeting to him not wanting to interfere with his thoughts or conversation he had going on.

Eric looked at the man, winked and smiled, "Just thinking out loud." Eric proceeded to his suite and went straight for the shower. He needed to cleanse himself of the filth of the hoodlums he had touched. 'I hope none of those bastards live to tell about it, if I am guilty because they die, then I will pay my due for what is coming to me, for if killing vermin like those is against the law of God, then it should also be against the law of God to let monsters like them carry out such a vile and terrible act on an innocent girl. Who intervened when my wife and my children were raped and murdered by the same kind of monster? I should have killed them but instead I rendered them useless if they live. They at least have a chance to live if the flow of blood stops in time." he continued talking to himself while he showered thinking of all he had been through in his human life and as a vampire.

He had killed yes, but in retaliation for the injustice that had been done to his family, he killed to keep his lands from falling in the hands of the enemy. He remembered the killing of a score of men in battle that had dared to test his metal as a swords man, and most of all he remembered Nefarious. Anger welled within him as he remembered the sick way that he had tortured his family to appease his sick lust and to get back at him for God knows what, but most of all he remembered Berengaria. She spurred Nefarious on by the hate she had for him. She wanted to settle an old score and utilized Nefarious to carry out her instructions. Who had been around when they had planned and carried out the act against his family? Who intervened? They had no savior to rescue them. "If I must remain a vampire because of what I have done, then gladly I will remain one of the undead, for if I were given the same choice to make I would do it again and again. What would this world be like if the likes of Nefarious and Berengaria had lived and had their way? How many innocents would have shed their blood and ultimately paid with their lives solely for their amusement and wanton need?

He donned a robe, and went into the library for a glass of red wine. He needed solitude and quiet to digest what had just been revealed to him. Soon it would be time to contemplate his soul once more. Soon he would see it severely punished for his continued breech of the contract that had been spelled out for him from the time he had been turned.

Last edited:
The wee hours of the morning ebbed slowly by. The hour on the old grandfather clock struck five times to signal that daybreak was soon at hand. Eric dreaded this hour. 'How I hate to see this hour arrive. Soon I must retire, but I can never rest nor sleep peacefully for I must sleep the sleep of the dead while I have to return to the depths of hell to view astrally the torture of my soul. Such are the deals made with Satan he is the only winner in the end. The price of immortality is monumental for those desiring such a fate, for they don't realize the horror that is in store for them. His kindred throughout the world all possessed the same dilemma. The only difference was that they were recruiting souls for the devil while he was not. They enjoyed the killings, the bloodshed, and the making of more and more vile creatures that ran amok living up to the name of vampires of blood, gore and murder. The consoling part was that there were people in the world...hunters like his old mentor Victor, that had sworn a life oath to rid the world of such vile creatures.'

Eric laid down, in preparation of his trance like sleep that would soon envelope his mind. 'I wonder what became of my lands? What might have become of Blackthorn Castle?' The last he remembered was that he had given Victor full power over his belongings and the monies that he had left behind to help with the upkeep. He wondered how long it may have remained standing, and what may have become of all the soldiers, and the people that worked in the fields. Victor may have sold everything or donated it to the poor which was more in standing with his character. 'Someday I will have to make an effort to go back to visit and to see for myself what has become of Blackthorn Castle. He felt the old familiar pain coming back to him after so many years. The old wound had reopened. The scar in his heart would open from time to time as he yearned for his beloved family.

The last image he saw in his minds eye was the image of his beloved wife Isabelle, but at the same time it had been transposed by the image of Isabella, they joined together to form one face, one image, the image of his beloved wife. It was her, she had been reborn, and the fates had somehow thrown them back together.'Is this what Victor was trying to tell me? Is this what he meant when he spoke of restitution? It cannot be,... it must not be...for if in truth it is her, I would be compelled sooner or later to tell her the truth, and if she should decide to join me,....No! I cannot bear the thought of seeing her as I am, I would rather end this horrible existence.'

His last thought faded slowly as the gloom of despair took over. He could hear gnashing of teeth, and the horrible screams of pain coming from the souls that had been condemned to suffer for all eternity. To burn forever in order to atone for all of the sins they had committed in life. Such was the recompense of all those that died far from God, and for those such as he that had willfully accepted a fate from which there was no escape. Soon he was brought to the place where he was assigned to watch his soul being tortured in the eternal flame, writhing in the licking flames of the unquenchable fire. It begged for mercy, but mercy was a word that did not exist in hell. It screamed it's agony and would look at Eric from time to time screaming at the top of it's voice asking why...why he had accepted such a fate for both of them.

As Eric watched and wept for his soul, there came a luminous glow of soft light, a light that hurt his eyes to watch, but none the less he could not take his eyes off of it. The splendor was such that all of the vile demons fled from it. They ran in panic gnashing their teeth as they went. Have you come to torment us? they screamed shielding their eyes from the light. Slowly the light continued approaching and stopped in front of Eric. There were two beings both surrounded by an incandescent bright soft light. One held a scroll from whence he read to the other being. The being with the scroll spoke in a language unknown to Eric, and as he read, the other being drew a sword and swung it in a circle above his head. Bolts of lightning arced out as if shot from a gun. They shot out from the tip of the sword held in the mighty hand. The bolts encompassed a wide area as they seem to search for something or someone. It ringed a score of souls whose torment had ceased entirely. At least for the moment, all remained quiet. The ring also encircled his soul that stood and stared very much bewildered by the two beings.

The being with the sword did not speak out in words, but Eric heard his words clear as a bell in his mind. "GO IN PEACE! YOUR ORDEAL HAS ENDED!, LET NOT THE POWERS OF HELL TRIUMPH OVER YOU ANY LONGER! YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF WORTHY OF RECEIVING THE GIFT OF LIFE! ALL THAT WAS TAKEN FROM YOU WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU TENFOLD! THE EVIL AND THE CHAINS THAT BOUND YOU TO THIS PLACE HAVE BEEN SEVERED! YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN FAITH WITH YOURSELF NOR WITH WHAT IS RIGHT AND GOOD! THEREFOR NEITHER YOU NOR YOUR SOUL WILL REMAIN IN THIS PLACE ANY LONGER! AS OF THIS DAY YOU HAVE BEEN MADE WHOLE BY THE GRACE OF THE EVERLASTING GOD IN HEAVEN. LIVE YOUR LIFE WELL, FOR ONE DAY YOU WILL AGAIN BE CALLED TO ANSWER AND ATONE FOR YOUR DEEDS ON EARTH!"

Howls of pain came from all the demons that were hiding at the edges of the light as their skin was singed and smoldered burned by the radiance. GLORY BE TO THE FATHER AND TO THE SON IN HEAVEN!" cried all the souls that were being rescued as they all knelt down to give praise. A maelstrom instantly seized Eric and he felt himself being swept up, together with his soul in an ever upward direction. The vortex somehow engulfed his astral being together with his soul and the two become one. Still they continued to rise until abruptly they came to a stop. All was quiet except for the beating of his heart as Eric woke up and inhaled a breath of fresh air. Air that filled his lungs with oxygen that had been deprived from him for so very long. He gulped the air into his lungs, much like a swimmer would do after rising from the depths of the ocean wearing only a mask and no air supply.

Gasping for air Eric continued to breath coming to a sitting position at the edge of his bed. He glance at the clock by the nightstand, it read 9am. This was not possible he felt his body, it was alive with feeling, no longer the lifeless body of a corpse with the facsimile a human form, but with all of the normal feelings of a being very much alive. He ran to the window and threw it open, the rays of the morning sun flooded the room with the morning light. He did not feel any pain or burning. He threw open the window to feel the air blowing through his hair, and he heard the birds chirping and singing their beautiful songs as they went about their business of gathering food.

"I AM ALIVE! I LIVE AGAIN! he yelled. The passer by's below all looked up to see who was yelling and continued walking shaking their heads.
Eric ran to the mirror to see his reflection, no longer the pale waxen look of a lifeless corpse but instead he gazed at himself vibrant and full of life. "THANK GOD! THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL GOD! ALL HONOR AND GLORY BE YOURS FOR EVER AND EVER!" "I promise to you that from this day forth I will do nothing but good throughout my life. You have returned it to me dear Lord. I will help those in need and will try very hard to live a just and fruitful life. Never will I forget to thank every day, and to give you praise at every turn!" he ran to the shower eager to be out and about like a small child that wanted to venture outdoors for the first time.

Last edited:
Isabella awoke with a start, she had been dreaming of times past, of knights, and lords of chivalry, of a time long past that had no bearing on her future. She was almost to the point of going crazy wondering if she was perhaps losing her mind. Her thoughts during the day did not wander into the realm of medieval times nor was she prone to daydreaming of such things during her waking hours, except perhaps to try and figure out why she was having such dreams to begin with. It was not something that consumed her every waking moment. She must see a Dr. and she must find one really soon if she was to retain her sanity. It was getting to the point where she dreaded falling asleep for fear of dreaming of something awful and perhaps never waking again.

Morning came and she made her way to the shower to clean herself up from the clammy sweat her dreams would provoke at times. She would have flashbacks about the man that forced his way into her chamber and sexually molested her and the children. She burned with hatred for this unseen attacker that seemed to fade into a mist before she could ever see his face. She knew he must have been a brutal sort of man to do what he had done to her and the children. It always ended with the empty void of oblivion into which she was thrown after she had felt the sting of the sword cutting her neck and her eyes seeing for the last time in a bright flash the picture that was above her bed. A picture of a knight in black armor, with locks of raven black hair. He stood with a foot on top of a boulder, and with his mighty sword across his leg as if forming a letter T.

There was something familiar about the face on the painting. In the flash that had came, in the very instant that her head had been severed, she could still see for just an instant before her eyes glazed in death, the face of the man that meant the most to her in life, the face of her husband and lord on the painting above her bed.....Then the name came to her,... Eric!.... "Eric of Blackthorn!....Eric of Blackthorn was my husband!....But,....how can this be? How does all of this tie together?"She thought of Eric, and his handsome features, 'surely he was not the one on the painting, those were other times he would be long dead nothing remaining of him but dust, no this cannot be.' She knew the time had come to see a Psychiatrist perhaps he could help her make heads or tails of what she was going through.

When she stepped out of the shower, she made her way to the phone stand and started her search for a reliable name of a Dr. that would help her. As she scanned the listing she came upon a name that caught her eye, "Dr. Edmond Moses, specializing in life regression and psychiatric help." She felt like this had to be the man that could help her figure out what was wrong with her. She would make an appointment as soon as they opened up, 'this had to end soon or she would be a candidate for the looney farm.' she thought.

Isabella picked up the phone and called the number she had found in the phone book. Her hand was trembling as she dialed the numbers, one ring, two rings, and then came a female voice that answered. "Dr. Moses's office how can I help you?" "Y-yess, my name is Isabella Longtree, and I would like to schedule an appointment to see the Dr., if possible today if it is not an inconvenience." "I'm sorry." came the answer, "The Dr. is all booked up for the next six months,....no wait, there was a cancellation today, I think we can see you today, is ten am ok for you?" "Yes that will be fine, I'll be there at ten." "You are confirmed for ten o'clock Ms. Isabella, but first I need a few details from you before you hang up, it that alright?" "Yes that's fine." answered Isabella. It seemed like an eternity before she was able to hang up after giving her life's history to the girl.

It was 9:30 sharp as she entered the office, soft music was playing typical of a Dr.'s. office. A few more details were in order namely how she was going to pay for the visit. She had a good lump sum stashed in the bank, and didn't mind paying someone that could help her in some way. At precisely ten am she was asked to enter the Dr.'s office. Dr. Moses was a Hindu well versed on the subject of re-incarnation and repeatedly kept saying "interesting" as she related her nightly dreams and visions within those dreams. He excused himself briefly and called the receptionist, "Please cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day....yes, thank you." He returned to his chair next to where Isabella was laying down.

"Ms Isabella, have you ever been under hypnosis?" "No Dr. I have not." she answered. "I believe your case is most definitely related to a past life that you lived before in which all of the related events you have been telling me, are connected. We need to find the key to start unraveling everything. Would you mind if I put you under hypnosis? It will be the only way to help you. You may experience some bad moments in which case if it gets to where you cannot tolerate it, I will bring you back immediately. Are you willing to do this? "Yes Dr. please proceed." she answered.

The Dr. produced a silver pendant on a chain, and then started to speak softly to her, his voice was mesmerizing as he put her into a trance. If anything should go wrong, I will count to three, and you will wake up immediately with no ill effects but you will be able to remember everything you saw in your regression. He again started taking her under, further, and further, she went, spiraling into a void that had no top, sides, or bottom. She felt herself weightless as she continued her spiral. All of a sudden she saw herself as a child of ten years old. She was playing the role of a princess, and was watching a bout of sword play between two young lads about her age.

"Today I fight for my princess and for her love! yelled a dark haired boy. "I am her champion and will win her hand in marriage!" "I will best you Eric of Blackthorn, she will be mine...to the victor go the spoils, and I will be the victor!" cried the opponent. She watched as the two fought with wooden swords. It was a vicious fight in which both had bloody hands and faces, but neither would give up. With a sweeping blow across the ribs Eric hammered his sword into the rib cage of the opponent making him cringe in pain. "Enough!" "Enough!" "You win again Eric of Blackthorn!" cried Nefarious. "One day this fight will be for real, then I will have my revenge on you Eric of Blackthorn!"

"You will go deeper, and deeper, you are now a young woman, what do you see?" Dr. Moses was sending her further down into the spiraling blackness. She was now fully aware of her surroundings she saw herself in a wedding dress, she was gong to wed, but who? The preparations were all made, and it was time for her to come down from her chamber to meet her beloved in front of God and the world. She saw herself walking as music played a wedding song. She was met by an older man she called father, together they walked toward the altar of a church she saw an older woman her mother call out to Jonathan her father to straighten his belt. Finally she arrived at the altar, words were exchanged between her beloved and her father, and then she faced the man she was to marry....

Eric could hardly contain himself, after his shower, he ran outside to enjoy the rays of the morning sun. They felt nice and warm on his face, the soft wind blew through his hair and he reached up and undid his pony tail to let his raven locks fall free upon his shoulders. 'This reminds me of the days of old when we would go on picnics to enjoy the beautiful endless days.' he immediately thought of his Isabelle and the children. He felt a pang of pain in his heart at the thought. Years had passed and the wound never healed, it was wide open and it bled inside as his heart felt heavy for his great loss.

He thought about Isabella, he must tell her about what had happened, but how could he even begin to tell her without sounding like a mad man. He would only accomplish driving her away from him, scaring her out of her wits. Nevertheless he wanted to spend time with her, to take her for a long walk and finally to get to know her. He made his way to her office and as he entered the receptionist informed him that Ms. Longtree had not come in to work because she had an appointment with her Dr. 'I hope it's nothing serious he thought.' as he walked out. His stomach was telling him it was time for breakfast. 'I wonder what it will be like to eat solid food all over again without getting sick.' It was something he had to find out and soon.

He stopped at a hot dog stand and ordered a Frankfurter with all the trimmings. As he ate it, his stomach churned for a moment unaccustomed to solid food, he felt like retching but held it down. 'I must go slow my system is not used to solid food and regular drink yet, I must get over this hurtle before I make a fool of myself in front of Isabella.' he had broken out in a cold sweat, as he fought down the retching sensation, but the image of her in his mind eased the sensation. He only managed to eat half of the hot dog, and threw the rest in the garbage. He took a drink of the carbonated beverage and it eased the feeling. Everything would be a new experience from here out. He was no longer immortal, nor did he have the super strength of his former self, everything about him was human one hundred percent.

"Yes it's going to be interesting from now on, but of one thing I am sure of, I will not miss being a vampire, a loathsome creature of the night that has to subsist on blood to live. I am human once more! Human!" he thought out loud and smiled.

As Isabella walked up to the altar in the arm of her father, she saw her father as he leaned to exchange a word with her beloved, she still could not make out her husband's face as was turned sideways from her. They exchanged whispered words as she neared forward forward. She was now facing her husband to be... She saw a boyish face that had been transformed into the face of a man through the years. She saw a handsome face pleasing to the eye, yet she just observed. She was detached from the woman at the altar yet she was connected, it was she that was there, every feature every mannerism yet she felt so detached. Everything in her being was telling her that it was her, yet Isabella stood next to the pair more as an observer rather than the same person.

As her husband to be turned to face his bride, Isabella saw for the first time the face of the man that she was going to marry. She turned to look at the woman, and it was like looking into a mirror. It was she, it was her face, her everything that was observing her man to be. As she looked up into the face of the man she saw for the first time the full spectrum of his face...it was Eric...Eric of Blackthorn her boss, the man that had come into her life as if from a distant past. "This can't be happening she yelled, this is too much, it can't be real!" She felt herself clawing at her throat as if she could not get enough air.

From a far away place she heard the words; "Ok, on the count of three you will be in another place, in the same time but under different circumstances." "Ready, one...two...three..." At the end of the far away voice she found herself in a meadow underneath a huge tree that was overlooking a stream that ran nearby. She saw her husband and two children playing in the grass. She saw how her husband adored the children as he played. Then they went to the stream, and she saw how her husband devoted his time instructing them how to bait a hook, and how to throw the line into the stream so that the current could do it's work, and take it to the places where fish were sure to lurk.

Again the numbers being called, "One, Two, Three..." She now saw herself on the ramparts of a castle, walking up and down and looking into the distance as if waiting or expecting someone to come back. She looked, she ached, and she yearned for her beloved Eric to return...."Yes it was her, for the first time she put herself into the body and mind of Isabelle. She was awaiting the return of her husband worried about the fact that he might have been wounded or lost his life in battle. He was a fierce fighter that she knew, and whatever enemy should face him, it had better be ready to meet death or to be able to vanquish him in a sword fight. She knew he could hold his own, he was young, and his movements were quick as light. In all of the region there were none that could best him at sword play.

Again came the numbers..."One...two...three..." Her ears picked up the sound of battle, it was coming from the castle itself, all around the walls echoed with the sound of clashing swords and screams of pain. The castle was under siege, her guards were fighting an unseen foe just outside of her chambers, she saw herself panicked as she looked for the welfare of her children. They were in the nursery, and were being watched by the nanny's on duty. Were they safe? she wondered. At that time the door to her chamber bolted open and it revealed the image of the man that had hated her husband since childhood...Nefarious! But how could this be, Eric of Blackthorn was not at war with Nefarious, what had happened in the past was just the ploy of children at play.

She saw herself as she was assaulted, by the men that held her down, panic and pain combined coursed through her body,...she screamed for help...help that was not to come. She felt the rough hands of the men as they held her for Nefarious. She heard the screaming and crying of the children as they were brought into the same room with her to witness the defilement of her body, and in turn, she would watch the defilement of their innocent bodies in the hands of the enemy. What had she done to deserve this? What her her children done to deserve the same fate? The panic coursed through her as she was made ready for the sexual assault that was to come. She heard the screams of her daughter, and son as they suffered the same fate. She heard the little sword drop from the lifeless hand of her little boy.

Pain coursed through her body, as she felt herself being violated. Pierced by the member of Nefarious. She heard him grunting his pleasure as he hammered his cock inside of her over and over. Her vagina was not enough, she felt his huge cock ripping into her rectum, splitting it wide open. She again felt the same pain over and over again. She felt his thrusting need coming to a climax, and as he reached it, the height of his ejaculation, she felt the searing pain of his knife on her throat as it made the sickening sound as if it were cutting a piece of cloth. She felt her life drain as she glanced up to the picture over her bed. The picture of her beloved man...Eric of Blackthorn! She felt her head bounce, once, twice...as it came to rest on the edge of the floor and the wall, and she saw the last image that her human life was to see, the painting hanging on the wall above her bed. Her last thoughts were of him, and why he had not been there to protect her.

Panic had overtaken her body as it convulsed in the throws of death. Again came the numbers, "One...two...three..." She now saw herself in spirit form. In an ethereal mist that could not be seen, yet she could see everything. She saw how a maniacal woman came into her chamber. This woman knew of an entrance that was hidden but led right into her bedroom chamber. She saw how the woman dressed in black, and with the bluest eyes she had ever seen spoke words against her as she prepared the final outcome for Eric...Eric of Blackthorn. It was clear she wanted him, it was clear she wanted to be mistress of Blackthorn at all costs, and three of those costs had been her life and the life of her babies.

Again came the count ..."One...Two...Three... She now saw herself as a ghost, and amid the castle she had once loved. She tried to commune with her husband, to warn him of the impending danger, but again she was halted by a spoken chant coming from the mouth of the dark haired woman."
"You cannot speak, you cannot act, you will drift into oblivion, and never be heard from again." As if in a whirlwind she felt herself being transported into blackness, a kind of blackness she never thought possible. There her soul remained none caring, none wanting until now.

Again came the quiet familiar voice..."One...Two...Three...!" "You are now wide awake, you will remember everything you saw as you were brought back into your other lives, and you will be able to recant every episode of what you have been through."

She felt herself coming back into the present, slowly regaining control of her emotions, and her body. Isabella finally awoke, feeling drained and barely able to move. "There, we have finished" said the doctor. "I hope this session will be able to answer some questions you might have been asking yourself as to why your dreams were so persistent. I have put you under hypnosis, and you have seen first hand what your dreams have been telling you, now it is up to you to put things into perspective and carry on from this point forward. If there is anything else I can do for for you, please feel free to contact me at this same office number. I must admit to you that you have been a very interesting patient, one of which I will no doubt have as an example for many years to come....have a good day young lady."

With that Isabella was out of his office. She walked down the street not wanting to return to work, instead she wanted to walk and to try and rehash the memories that had been rekindled in her mind. The fact that Eric of Blackthorn had been her husband, that he had been visited by a vampire, and the fact that she had been singled out by this entity as a mark that had to be eliminated and put out of the way. She saw the evil intent in her eyes, and she knew that she...Isabelle, was an obstacle for this vampire that was after her husband. That she would spare no cost to have him in her possession regardless of what it might be.

Isabella felt overwhelmed, she had been given a portion on her plate that seemed ridiculously heavy. She knew that Eric of Blackthorn was connected to her, but to what extent? As she walked, she felt her legs shaky and unstable. She must get control of herself if she was to continue on her way back to work, she wasn't going to return but opted for going back. It was not long before she passed a man selling frankfurters along the sidewalk but decided to keep on walking back to where she had left her car.

Last edited:
As Isabella got into her car, Eric rounded the corner and arrived at the hot dog stand, they had just missed one another by minutes. She felt shaky and her mind was all boggled up thinking about what had been revealed to her. She knew that Eric had been her husband in that time so long ago, but 'how had he gotten here?' 'How was all of this possible 'I have to confront him, I have to know, to hear from his lips how all of this fits together She knew that she had been violated and brutally killed along with her children, and she knew that an evil woman had been involved, but to what extent? 'Was she a vampire perhaps, or some type of witch practicing sorcery on her husband?' Isabella had read that in medieval times it was not uncommon for people to believe in the existence of vampires and witches that when caught would suffer horrendous deaths at the hands of the villagers.

Her car lurched on and she finally arrived at her place of employment. She greeted the receptionist and walked towards her office door. "Oh Ms. Longtree, Mr. Blackthorn was here looking for you, I informed him you were at your appointment." "Did he say anything, or leave a message for me?"
she responded. "No he just left and didn't anything at all." responded the secretary. Isabella felt the feeling of unease as she opened her office door. 'Why had he come looking for her, and at mid morning, when normally he was a night person?.... 'Hmmmm night person.' she thought. She made a recollection of the night they had shared dinner, how he would not eat a single bite of his food. "That's it! He's a vampire from the past and he has come to bite me and turn me into a horrid creature of the night just like him! Oh God tell me this is not so!' she thought.

"This can't be happening to me!" she whispered out loud to herself. "I am in mortal danger, I must not let him come near me, I will resign my employment here so I don't have to see him anymore I...." she reached up and put her face in her hands and started to cry. Long sobs racked her body as she silently cried out her misery. 'Just when she was starting to feel comfortable in her work, just when she was making plans to get her own home, this has to happen.' she thought. Isabella made a dash for the door, and ran past the receptionist. "Cancel everything for me until further notice, I am going home, I don't feel well." She made her way back to the car, and sped home locking the door behind her. 'He must not find me, I must have nothing to do with him, else I will wind up like him a creature of the night feeding on the blood of innocents, I would rather die first!' Isabella's mind was racing to the point of panic, she must calm herself down, her heart was racing and her breathing was heavy as if she had ran a mile at full speed. Slowly she started to regain her composure. 'I must be brave about this, I will confront him and I will tell him that his secret is up, and that I will not be involved with his firm any longer, yes that's what I will do. I will see him first thing in the morning.' She had not realized it but she felt drained and needed to sleep.

She laid down on her bed fully dressed and was soon sound asleep. As she slept her mind again took her to that far away place. She was in the castle again, but this time as a spectral ghost roaming the halls and chambers of the castle known as Blackthorn. She saw the evil woman as she made her way into a chamber where a young girl slept, there was a resemblance in the girl and she felt a familiar attraction for her as she saw her sleeping. She saw how the evil woman had made her drink from a vile that she had put to her lips. In a panic she ran out and into the chamber of her husband and did her best to awaken him, nothing worked until she made an item fall from the vanity. She saw her husband awaken in alarm, and saw him running to the great hall. She saw how he knocked and then entered the chamber of the young girl. He moved fast as he grabbed the girl and stuck his fingers inside of her mouth and she started retching out the contents of her stomach along with the contents of the vile that had been given her by the dark woman.

When the girl had subsided in her efforts of throwing up, she heard her profess her love for her husband. "My sister is dead, you need me, I will love you and you will learn to love me as you did her." "My heart belongs to Isabelle, and to no other will I ever give my love, she was taken from me along with my children and I would never make a good husband to anyone because the wound that was put in my heart will never heal." Later that evening she saw the evil woman how she fed from him as he slept, she saw how she relished his blood savoring it to the last drop. She also noticed how the vampire knew she was there, and taunted her telling her she would be banished from the castle because it was now her domain.

Isabella continued to sleep, her dreams becoming ever more vivid as they progressed in her mind as if she were watching a movie in a theater. One scene would take her into the next as the drama slowly built up. She saw the woman that was dressed in black taking over her home, over her beloved husband. She was pursuing him without respite in an effort to bend him to her will. Isabella was now in spirit in perfect commune with the spirit of Isabelle, she could no longer distinguish between persons was it she or was it Isabelle they became inseparable, joined together like physical body and shadow. She followed the vampire's moves everywhere she went, knowing full well that the vampire was aware of her at all times until finally she came upon the evil woman. Isabelle had followed the strong feelings of love for her husband they lit up the room and made her ethereal body glow in the night. It was time for a final show with the vampire, she saw her waiting for her to come, she knew she would not fail to show up like a moth attracted to a light.

Isabelle saw how the vampire sat on a near by rock, she waited for her patiently she knew Isabelle would be dragged to Blackthorn's castle's wavering light, her love was strong for Eric, almost to strong. How well the vampire remembered her old grandmother's words. She had been right. Bring the husband close to death and the wife would come. Isabelle saw how the vampire almost broke out in laughter as she approached. Isabelle saw how she first shook her head and then started her chants "In this life you do not belong, in this life you will not remain. In this life you will be forgotten, in this life you need to go... IN this life you do not belong, in this life you will not remain." as she sing sung her chant she tossed herbs and powders at the ghost of Isabelle. The vampire laughed as she watched Isabelle slowly begin fade, her silent screams not being heard as she tried to fight whatever The vampire was doing to her. She finished off the last of the herbs and watched as Isabelle faded from sight and not to return to the present ever again. Isabelle's last sight was that of seeing the vampire moving towards her husband.

The vampire moved to Eric's side, she saw how the vampire sliced her wrists and she fed him her blood, the blood he would need to survive. He couldn't stop her this time, he couldn't keep from the blood oozing into his stomach and deeper into his being. is own depleted blood would need to be changed and this was life giving of a different kind. She fed him as much as she could and the closed his mouth as he laid there unconscious and she smiled and stroked his throat,"Soon you will be mine Eric, and your love for me will be something you never expected." This was the last thing Isabelle saw as she drifted into a blackness from which she would never again return.

Slowly Isabella started to stir, her dream had left her depleted of strength, she felt as if it had all been sucked out of her by the incubus in her horrible dream. She lay in bed thinking of the events of her dream. It made sense now Eric was a vampire, he had been turned by this evil woman, against his will but never the less turned. He somehow had came to the United States perhaps fleeing from something or someone, perhaps from himself. He did not appear evil to her, and was quite the gentleman with her at all times, but from what she had read in novels, vampire were smooth individuals, very crafty, and suave with women until the time came to bite them and turn them into creatures just like they were.

One thing did not add up, her receptionist had told her he was there earlier looking for her which must have been around nine or ten am, which meant he had to be out and about during daylight and that did not cause him harm. Perhaps he was a new breed of vampire that the rays of the sun did not seem to bother him. She remembered how she never saw much of him during the day before, and it was night time when he asked her for dinner. Somethings did not add up, it would be a bridge to cross when she came to it for the moment she was not at ease. She slowly got up and went to her dresser and found her gold chain and cross and she quickly put it on for security.

Eric, had stopped briefly at the hot dog stand unaware that just half a block over Isabella the woman his heart had lost and found again was only steps away from him. The soda he drank helped ease the nausea he was feeling, even at that he had never tasted soda before, he rather liked the pleasing taste of the carbonated beverage. He marveled at how everything looked during the day. All was a buzz with people coming and going to work or shopping at stores that were normally closed after dark. He wondered about the girl he had helped in the dark ally how she might be doing. He would have to make it a point to check on her and soon.

He picked up his cell phone and dialed his driver, he needed a ride back to his suite to pick up some clothes to work out at the gym. It had been such a long time that his muscles had not been used as he was used to. He felt energetic, and wanted to do it all, take in everything the day had to offer. Soon the limo lurched around the corner and he climbed in. Take me back to my suite, and wait for me. The driver did as he was instructed marveling at the change that had come over his boss. Somehow he appeared less waxy white on his features, he now was starting to show color on his face. They soon came to the hotel suite and Eric got off and went straight for the place where he kept his beloved sword. It was in a case that a craftsman had constructed for him years ago. It was there just as he had left it. He picked up a bag with the necessary items he would need for a good workout.

"I need you to stop at my accountant's office first please." he instructed the driver. They soon arrived, Eric didn't wait for the driver to open the door, he bolted out and ran up the stairs of the building, exhilarated at feeling his real leg muscles doing their work, he was finally going to see Isabella in full daylight. When he walked in the office the receptionist again informed him that Ms. Longtree had returned briefly but was not feeling well and had gone home. He thanked the girl, and walked out thinking 'She must be ill, I will have to stop and see how she is doing.' "Please take me to the nearest flower shop and then to this address." He gave the driver the address. Soon they were at the flower shop where Eric got down and bought a dozen roses, and filled out the card for Ms. Longtree. "Isabella, these flowers are to cheer you up, I hope you feel better. signed Eric Blackthorn."

Back in the limo they drove to Isabella's apartment. He knocked on the door, and heard as Isabella came to the door. "Who is it?" she asked. "It's me Eric, I just stopped by to see if you were alright, your receptionist said you were ill." 'I'll have to talk to that girl about divulging information.' thought Isabella. "N-no I'm fine, just feeling a little bit under the weather that is all." she still would not open the door for him, she was afraid, afraid of what she might see or worse yet, afraid of what might happen to her if she did. "All right Ms. Longtree, I brought you some flowers, I will leave them at your doorstep, if that's alright. I hope you feel better." with that Eric left with a jumble of thoughts in his head. She had avoided opening the door knowing it was him her boss, perhaps she was not presentable, but he had also noticed her voice had broken slightly as if in fear. That was the last reaction he had hoped to get from her. Perhaps she would regain her composure once she started to feel better.

He made his way back to the limo and as he got to it he reached down to pet a small puppy that had happened by. He picked up the little dog and held him in his arms smiling as he did so. He petted him a couple of times and then put him back on the sidewalk. He then got into the limo and went on to the gym. Isabella had gone to the window to see him leave. She wanted to see if he wore a cloak of sort or a cover to shield himself from the sun, or if he wore sunglasses. He was in casual wear, and didn't have sunglasses on. He was nonchalant about the sun or the goings on from other people coming and going around him. She saw how he reached down to pick up a stray puppy that happened along and watched as he petted the little dog. The puppy seemed overjoyed with the attention he was getting and even tried to follow him into the limo. Something didn't seem right if this was the man in her dreams, something didn't add up.

Eric arrived at the gym and went straight for the fencing section, it had been years since he wielded his sword and much less at at live person. He donned the fencing outfit and quickly found and opponent with whom to joust with.
He brought out his sword hoping to use it, but was stopped short because it had a live point. To avoid injury to himself and to his opponent he was given a foil with a round tip. This would take some of the fun out of the joust but he was game. "En guard!" yelled his opponent as he tried his best to make contact with Eric's chest to no avail, Eric soon had the upper hand and scored point after point on his adversary before he gave up. He had not lost his edge after so many years. He saluted his opponent and headed for the work out department where he worked his muscles trying to regain the tone he once had. It would not be long before he would be back to his old self again.
The years he had spent as a vampire had improved his reflexes and mental abilities muscle tone would be a challenge for a while but he would master that too. He hit the showers and was ready to again try some type of nourishment, his stomach was telling him it was time.

He instructed the driver to go to a certain neighborhood and to wait for him two blocks away. The driver was somewhat puzzled but did as he was instructed. They were in a very seedy part of the city, where few if any people that did not belong would venture to go. "Sir I would caution you about going into that neighborhood it will not be safe for you." "I will be alright, again thank you for your concern." Eric put on his over coat, and strapped on his beloved sword just in case. and walked away. He soon came in full view of the building where he had taken the young girl he had saved from the clutches of the vermin that had her.

There was a group of young men hanging around the entrance two of which were blocking his way from further going up the steps. He saw how two of the ones that were standing to one side talked among themselves and then ordered the two blocking his path to step aside. Eric proceeded forward without further resistance He went up the door where he had taken the young girl and knocked. A small voice called from behind the door, "Who is it?" "It is I, the man that saved you from those hoodlums not long ago, my name is Eric. the young girl slowly opened the door fully expecting to be abused by someone again. "You may not remember me, but I saved your life that night in the ally." explained Eric. "I just wanted to stop by to see if you were alright, and to give you this." Eric reached down into his jacket pocket and produced a card. 'I need for you to go to this address, there you will be given a new place to live, money, and a chance to better your life if you choose to do so. Here is a little money to get you there, I will not give you more because those hoodlums downstairs might take it from you, but once you are there you will not be lacking for anything. Ok?

The young girl look at him incredulously not knowing what to say except thank you. She reached up with her grubby little hands and pulled his cheek down to her lips and placed a small kiss on his cheek. "Thank you sir, first for saving my life, and for what you are doing for me, I will be there I promise." "Take care until then." said Eric. He walked back downstairs and noticed that the group of individuals was no longer there. They had left. Eric felt uneasy about an attack from behind but it never came. He feared for the young girl's life they would harass her until she told them the truth by then it would be to late. Eric turned around and went back up stairs to her apartment, he found the door wide open and went inside, the same group of individuals were there inside with her demanding she tell them what he had wanted.

Eric stood at the door sword in hand glaring at the group of men. "Leave her alone or pay the consequences." "You're the mother fucker that did what you did to our bro's aren't you, we ain't them and you'll pay fo what you did to them. The leader of the group was the one that took action first. He went for his belt and started to pull out a gun, quick as a flash Eric brought his sword to bear and where there was a hand there was only a stub. Screams of pain issued from the mouth of the would be gunman the others also started to pull knives and guns out. Not one shot left their guns, hands and fingers flew in every direction followed by screams of pain. Eric grabbed the girl and placed her behind him. "Is there anything in here that you need?" he asked. The young girl ran to a broken down dresser and pulled out a picture of her mother, and an old doll she had probably since she was a little girl.
"We are leaving this place for good, you will never have reason to come back to this filth!" he told her.

They left the building, and made their way back to the limo, he knew that there would be no cops, no visits to the hospital or anything of the sort, this criminal element would either heal themselves or die trying. He had again left them something to remember their evil ways. Eric smiled to himself as they rode away, he had once more came back in the nick of time to save the poor scared creature next to him. She would have a chance at a new life, a good place to live, and good clothes to wear, and above all else she would have a chance to go to school and better herself. He would see to all of that.

Back