"In Time..My Love Will Find You."...open for Destiny only.

Berengaria purred as she stood there and looked at the bound and helpless Blackthorn," you will take the kiss of death and you will become as I am?" She smiled and moved closer her body caressing his and then backing away as she danced along his form and she purred with each word, " I will give you eternal life with me and you can have Nefarious' to kill."

She moved toward Nefarious as he began to come to and she gripped his head lifting up his face so Blackthorn could see him in the light," he let his men rape your daughter... he took Isabelle's life for his own. do you know how he killed her?" She taunted and then leaned in close to lick his neck and she smiled," if you do not agree to allowing me to make you as I am now... I will turn him and you will watch him kill Isabelle's little sister the same way." Her smile was anything but nice. as she straddled Nefarious prone form and she could feel his heartbeat racing in his body could feel the anger building in him as she spoke to Eric.

Lord Blackthorn felt the vampire Berengaria on top of him, teasing, purring, cooing to him in his ear in the faintest of whispers. It excited her to have him in her control and at her mercy.

"You will take the kiss of death and you will become as I am?" She was gloating as she spoke the words. She had him dead to rights. He thought of the years he had lived, he thought of his beloved wife and family, all had been taken from him. What did it matter that he would be a creature of the night, never to see daylight again, never to feel the warm rays of the sun playing on a singing brook. He would be like she was, a fiend, a murderer, an indescriminate killer of innocents young and old alike.

" I will give you eternal life with me, and you can have Nefarious' to kill."
She was enjoying the moment more and more as she moved from him to the now waking Nefarious who was growling like an animal on the cave floor. She grabbed Nefarious by the scruff of his neck and brought his face to bear under the light so that Eric could see the hideous face that had done so much wrong to him and to his family.

"He let his men rape your daughter... he took Isabelle's life for his own. Do you know how he killed her?" She taunted with her words and then leaned in close to lick his neck as she smiled, "if you do not agree in allowing me to make you as I am now... I will turn him and you will watch him kill Isabelle's little sister the same way." Her smile was anything but nice, as she straddled Nefarious's prone form. She could feel Eric's heartbeat racing in his body, she could feel the anger building in him as she spoke.

An animal like sound erupted from the throat of Eric of Blackthorn, it was filled with all of the pain he had been made to suffer, combined with the anger that had been welled up inside of him for so long. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggaaaahhhhh! The bestial sound reverberated against the cavern's walls as the echo bounced first on one wall and then on the next as it drifted out of the cave's entrance.

Say no more you vile creature of the night, I am doomed regardless of what I decide,....I accept your offer, but know you well what I am about to tell you. You like Nefarious, will pay in this life or the next, you will pay! I am yours do your worse, I just want to reek my revenge on that monster you now hold in your hand, because in all of your vileness and misdeeds that you might have done, nothing equals to the misdeeds of that thing you now hold.

He turned his gaze away from Nefarious, and looked directly into her flaming blue eyes........"TAAAAAKKKE MMMMMEEEE, TAAAAAKKKE MMMMMEEEE NOWW! All of the hurt and desolation his soul had felt, the anguish and suffering came out in his scream. His face was vermillion in color as his pulsing veins stood out on his neck with the anger he was feeling. What ever this creature had in store for him would be mild to the hurt he would make Nefarious feel before the black veil of death would enshroud his evil eyes forever.

Last edited:
Nefarious knew that his fate was sealed. He would be killed by the vampire or by Eric or both at the same time. He had to think and work his way out of the predicament he now found himself in. He could hardly believe the situation he now found himself in. 'I Nefarious commander of scores of vile men like myself, I have bested all in battle, except Eric of Blackthorn, I cannot die like this.'

She had hit him hard, and had made him almost black out. While he had been on the cave floor, he had managed to free his only good hand, he was still encircled by the chain but that would be easy to be rid of. He had to act, and act quick before anythng else happened. He heard the vampire talking to Eric, propositioning him to accept her and become like her. His blood boild, to think she wanted Blackthorn over him. He would taste her blood no more, it would all be for the one that had caused him the loss of his arm.

He knew that Eric would soon be free to do with him as he would much to the enjoyment of the vampiress who was now egging him on. He felt her grab him by the back of his dirty vestment, and saw the face of his mortal enemy, as she brought him within inches of the face of Blackthorn, he lashed out with his good arm and caught the creature on the side of her head with the chain that he had loosed from his wrist. He could not afford to have her release Blackthorn because then he would have two to deal with.

His blow took her completely by surprise as he saw her go down. Quiick as a cat he picked up the torch and made a run for the cave's entrance. He didn't know how long she would be out, or if he had killed her. The blow he delivered would have caved in a normal skull, he knew he should have finished her, instead he chose to run, and run he did.

He remembered the horse she had brought in, he should be close. The torch iluminated the frightened animal. Quick as a cat he leaped on the horse's back and lashed at him to get them out of the cave. The horse was only to eager to comply, he bolted out at a dead run and into the night. 'So far so good, that bitch should have known better than to trifle with the likes of him.' he thought. Nefarious rode the beast hard, he skirted the cliffs and pointed the horse in the direction of the furthest reaches of the lands of Blackthorn, he had a certain small village in mind where he would be safe to plan his next move.

He rode hard, confident in the knowledge that he was putting distance between him and the horrors that the bitch creature wanted for him. Had he turned to look behind him, and if his eyes could see in the dark, he would have seen a blur of motion that was gaining on him from the rear. He never noticed how that same blur had passed him and was now standing on the hill he was about to top. Her form silhouetted against the full moon, her hair flowing softly in the evening breeze.

To late for any reaction on his part, she was on him in an instant...................

Lady Maria had slept throughout the changing of the guard and the departure of her father along with the three hundred plus soldiers that were part of his force.
It was now late in the day, the rain had stopped and everything was back to normal. Her stomach was telling her it was time to eat, however she felt in need of a cleansing bath first.

'Had her parents departed, or were they still here?' she wondered. She decided to take a peek and did so, as she carefully scanned the area with her sharp eyes. She noticed that half of the horses were gone from the large herd that had been there when she first entered. She decided to retrace her steps back to her sleeping chamber. If her father was still here, she would take have a long talk with him, in the end she knew he would understand.

As she passed the kitchen she ran face to face with none other than the chief cook Gertrude. "Oh M'lady!" exclaimed the cook. "Where have you been, your father was out of his mind searching for you, he read the note you left on your bed, and decided to leave without you." she continued. "Your father was very angry with you but more so with Lord Blackthorn, he left thinking the two of you had eloped! she exclaimed.

"As you can see, I am still here." responded Lady Maria. "What word has there been of Lord Blackthorn, has he returned as of yet? she looked into the eyes of the cook for any show of emotion one way or the other.
"Lord Blackthorn has not returned since he left early yesterday morn, he didn't have his morning meal, and he didn't tell anyone where he was going, we all thought perhaps you knew. she asked raising an eyebrow.

News traveled fast it would seem, from Gertrude's expression. Word had spread among the help, that she had eloped with Lord Blackthorn. It would seem that the note had been read by more eyes other than her father's.
"As you can see, I didn't go anywhere with Lord Blackthorn, I merely didn't wish to return home with my parents and that is all there is to it!" exclaimed Lady Maria. "Now if you don't mind, I will be having my meal in my chambers, please make sure of my wish." she was getting edgy being questioned by the kitchen help and decided to put a stop to it. Oh, and have the chamber maid prepare my bath." Gertrude knew she had overstepped her bounds asking so many questions. "Right away M'Lady." she courtsied and left.

She continued on to her chambers, but decided to stop at the door of Lord Blackthorn's chambers. She softly knocked at the door, but there was no answer.
She decided to take a peek inside, and quickly looked around to see if she had been noticed by anyone. The guards were no longer present so she went on in.
The first thing she noticed was the note her father had left on the vanity mirror. It was her father's seal on it but she dared not break it. She could only imagine what the message contained if her father had left angry with her and him as well.

Her note to her father had been very clear, that she intended to be the new mistress of BlackThorn Hall, so she knew her father must have been fuming fire as he wrote his thoughts to Lord Blackthorn. 'Oh well, my father will just have to get used to it, with or without his approval I will wed Lord Blackthorn if he asks me, and I will live my life at his side.' She looked around and saw that all of his clothing was in place. She reached into the closet and brought one of his shirts to her face, she inhaled deeply wishing her Lord was inside.

She looked around the room, and toward's the bed he had shared with her sister. She had been so fortunate to have him. As she looked she visualized herself and Lord Blackthorn together laying naked and making love. She felt herself getting moist, and decided to leave. She opened the door and peeked out making sure no one saw her, and continued on to her chamber. Here she would await his return and would receive him in the most special of ways. She wondered as to what he might be doing this very moment away from her, was he doing well, or had he ran into trouble of some sort. A certain uneasyness gripped her heart.

'He has never been away this long.' she thought. A certain amount of dread gripped her heart as she remembered the foul creature that had visited her. She remembered the interest the creature had in Lord Blackthorn, and the bottle she was supposed to get him to drink. The more she thought, the more uneasy she became. On the morrow she would have an armed detail and would start to search for him. It also occured to her that she would have the chamber maid alert the Captain of the guard, and have him post a guard at her door as a precaution.

Last edited:
The day had passed and evening had fallen, the shadows of the coming evening were forming saying farewell to the day and bidding welcome to the coming darkness. In a distant land far away and across a great distance from the domain of BlackThorn, deep in the bowels of a castle a black casket could be seen in the flickering light of four candle sticks that stood guard at each of it's corners.

No movement save for the flickering flames of the candles could be seen. Inside laid the figure of a tall aristocratic form. A well dressed man that laid seemingly in state, awaiting the mourners that would never come. The room that served as his chamber was well kept immaculate in it's furnishings, the most expensive of paintings hung on the walls.

Inside the casket, two eyes opened as if for the first time, and the lid of the coffin raised on it's own as if lifted by an unseen force. Slowly the side of the coffin moved out to allow the figure inside to extend his feet, turn, and set them on the soft expensive carpeting that adorned the floor. Immaculate boots of soft leather shone in the semi darkness, reflecting the lights of the burning candles. A cape adorned the shoulders of the man that now arose.

Silently he walked to the door that prevented anyone from entering during the time he had to sleep. It opened on it's own much like the lid of the shroud that had shielded him during his daytime slumber. He walked through and continued on up the long stairway that led to the main room of his castle. As he entered, he made note of his surroundings and noted that everything was as it should be, nothing had been disturbed during his time to rest.

He continued on to the main library and poured himself a drink of blood red wine before selecting a book to read. Such was the undead life of this man that had lived through the ages. He had seen and done it all at one time or another. As he seeped the liquid in his glass, he felt the burn of the drink as it found it's way towards his insides. He smiled as he thought of Berengaria, she would soon be his, totally his, for that had been his agreement with her.

She had accepted his gift in order to accomplish some foolish notion of vengeance against a man he did not even know nor did he care to. On her last visit he had smelled the blood of her intended victim on her breath, it reeked through her pores and it overwhelmed him to the point of wanting to feed off of her in order to taste the blood that still coursed through her system. An agreement was an agreement, and he would allow her the time she needed, after all he had nothing but time. "Ha ha ha ha ha!" billowed his sardonic laughter.

She was inclined on her revenge. He knew that consequences came of such acts. She would open herself up to harm if she persisted, and if she triumphed then she would be his for all time. How he enjoyed fucking her, how he wanted to feed on her as he slammed his cock home into her ass and pussy. He relished in knowing that he could overpower her at his whim, yet she willingly complied just to accomplish her goal. His cock started to get hard as he thought of her, plus his gut was telling him it was time to hunt again as he had done for ages.

Mentally he summoned his gouled slave. After a few moments he appeared. "Yes sire, what is your desire?" he stammered. There was nothing to great, or to small that he would not accomplish for him. His life had been spared by his master and he was grateful and happy to serve his wishes. In a deep voiced command the master made his wish clear. I will have my horse saddled, I must go out for the eve." "Right away sire! exclaimed the slave. He knew better than to question anything, he knew what the consequences were for even being suspected of thinking. The punishment was quick and it was severe. It was not unusual for his master to make him feel the whip for merely blinking the wrong way.

Quickly he backed away as he bowed, and made his way to the stables. He knew his master would not come back empty handed. He would bring back a woman, with which to spend time with before he killed her and would order him to dispose of the body. This was a daily thing for him, therefore he would do what he had to. Running away was no answer, he would be found by him where ever he went and the punishment would be great. His many scars left by the cutting whip were mute witness of just that.

He saddled and brought the tempestuous beast to the front door of the castle, where soon the master emerged. The man took the reins from his hand, he felt his penetrating eyes on him. I will return later, have everything ready for my guest. again the sardonic laughter could be heard reverberating on the walls of the courtyard. He walked the impatient beast out, and allowed him to pick his way through the night. Once more he would mingle amongst the town people, until he would make a selection of his intended prey then he would lull her into his embrace. He thought of Berengaria as he rode, one night soon he would have to pay a visit to her just to see what she was up to.

His legacy was a long one, he was sired by one of the original vampires of all time, now long dead. Mistakes were costly and a lot of thought had to be given to eccentricity. People as a rule put two and two together quick, and the finger of accusation would always point in the direction of his kind. Raids would ensue, and soon the way of life of the vampire would be no more. Others dedicated a lifetime to the hunting of his kind. It would seem that no matter how shrewed or how stealthy, in order to remain in one location for a long time, one had to remain low key.

One could not feed from the same town or village for long, one had to be astute and move in different areas. This night he chose an area that was far away from his castle, in a little known village where his presence would not attract attention. He left his mount at a safe distance, in case he needed it. He entered a tavern that was frequented mostly by local people mostly farmers and shop keepers. Among them he noticed a young woman that was sitting by herself off to one corner.

As he walked in, his gaze settled on her eyes. She returned his gaze, admiration was in her eyes as she briefly glanced at him, not wanting to seem obvious that she liked what she saw. He chose a table that was far from the bustle and din of the tavern where he could relax with his back to the wall. His sharp eyes took in all of the action in the tavern, his keen ears took in the slightest of whispers when he focused in the direction of the man or woman whispering.

His eyes traveled from one to the next, finally settleing on two men that were drinking at the end of the long bar. They somehow did not fit the description of villagers, their demeanor was different. He had seen this before, time and again. These were two of the kind that hunted kindred, he would have to be careful not to attract the wrong type of attention. The barmaid finally came to his table and asked him what he wanted to drink.

I will have a bottle of red wine, please, and two glasses. the barmaid raised an eyebrow at the request for two glasses, but didn't comment. "Aye, sir right away." she responded. She was a good looking thing that would probably be a real demon in bed, but he had chosen his mark. When she returned, he paid his due and a little extra for her. Pouring his glass half full, he motioned to the woman he had seen when he entered. He fixed his eyes on hers as he slowly nodded his head in her direction. She did not seem to be drinking, but sat with an empty glass in front of her.

Lifting his glass he raised it slightly in her direction, as he brought it to his lips. His eyes never losing contact with her eyes. She smiled politely and also nodded her head in acceptance. He picked up the bottle and the extra glass, and moved to her table. "Good evening, I couldn't help but notice that you are a very beautiful woman, and I would be honored if you would share a glass of wine with me?" "Why thank you kind sir, that was a very nice compliment, and yes, I think I will share a glass with you, but I'm really waiting for someone." He had heard it thousands of times, a woman's defense against further pressure, or fear of admitting that in fact she was totally alone.

"Not to worry, m'lady, as soon as your gallant man comes in, I will be more than happy to leave you to his company. For the moment I find it totally against my grain to let such a beautiful creature like you to just sit and drink alone. again she thanked him as she brought the glass of wine to her lips. Her eyes never breaking contact with his eyes as she seductively sipped the elixir of the contents in the glass. This wine is delicious." she commented. "Yes it is, it is one of my favorite drinks, right now I like it even more because it matches the color of your ruby red lips, so fresh and seductive, I would wager they are sweeter than the wine itself." He could see her cheeks blushing as she took in his words.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you are trying to seduce me kind sir, what is my escort going to say when he finds out?" she smiled seductively. "Like I said m'lady, I will withdraw the moment he enters, but I dare say that I hope for his sake he takes advantage of such a delicate flower such as you, because certainly one never gets to admire such beauty very often. Surely I tell you m'lady, you can make a rose pale in your presence." he was intent on his mission, he would have this woman tonight of that there was no doubt. His words were having the right effect on her as she blushed even deeper. "Again thank you kind sir, your words are so kind." She had a small fan that she quickly brought out and started to fan herself.

He cast a glance in the direction of the two at the end of the bar, but they were immersed in their own conversation, and had ceased to pay attention to him.
Time passed and the contents of the bottle were all but gone as he bade the woman a farewell. "I fear that my time is limited and I must be going my sweet lady, I fear that your young man did not show up to rescue you from me." he smiled as he said it, taking her hand he brought it to his lips as an endearment to her time she had given him.

"I guess he didn't come at all she replied, perhaps he met with an engagement of some sort." "Perhaps he did." he answered. "Are you going to remain here, or can I walk you to your home or inn, if it were?" She thought about it for an instant, but decided that so few gallant men ever came into her life, she would not pass up the opportunity of spending a little more time with him.
"Yes, well, I am staying at the inn just a short distance away, and I would feel safer if you could walk me back." "I would be honored to walk you back." he responded.
He took her hand and kissed it once more, then he stood first as he offered his hand to her.

Unseen by him, one of the two at the end of the bar, nudged the other and both looked in his direction, before resuming with their drinking. He walked out with the woman, and exchanged more pleasantries with her as they walked back to the inn. She confided to him her room number and told him that during the day she had a clear view from her balcony to the valley below. "Would you care to come in for a night cap?" she asked. There it was the invitation. "The hour is late m'lady, and I really must be going, but thank you for the offer." He bade her farewell at the entrance, not wanting to enter and be seen by anyone, he would return a little later when the village had gone to sleep. Such was the nature of the beast, find, stalk, and finally kill.

He melted into the darkness, making a mental note which room she had talked about. Shortly after midnight, he made his way into her room through her balcony. He could hear the soft beating of her heart as she calmly slept, he heard her blood rushing in her veins driving him almost insane, still he held his calm. She in turn slept soundly, the sheets that covered her were of satin, an outlined her every curve. She dreamed of a a handsome stranger that tenderly kissed her hand with such chivalry, the kind she had not had bestowed upon her in a very long time.

He stood at the foot of her bed, as he stared at her, the outline of her body, her nipples and her bush were clearly outlined in the pale moonlight. He extended his hand as he willed her to open her eyes. She registered alarm at seeing him but he again willed her not to make a sound, instead he slowly approached the side of her bed where she lay. Slowly he pulled the satin sheet that covered her, and leaned down to kiss her full and luscious lips. His hand began massaging her breasts, playing with her ever hardening nipples. She was melting fast into his embrace, her breathing quickened, and so did her pulse. His hand explored her body finding every crevice of her hair covered pussy.

It is time for you to get dressed he whispered, leave your underwear off. Obediently she complied and together they stepped out into the balcony. She felt herself being lifted in his strong arms, and then they were seemingly floating away towards the forest where a horse had been tethered. He mounted her first, and placed her feet on two looped straps to support her weight, then he mounted sitting directly behind her. As they rode she felt his cock getting hard against the crack of her ass, the sensation was incredible. She felt safe in his strong arms as he held her ever so close to him.

She felt him releasing his cock from its confines, as she felt him lift her up slightly as he placed his cock in the crevice of her want which was hot and dripping wet with anticipation. He placed his cock in the opening of her pussy, as she settled down on it. She was now impaled to the hilt of his massive cock. He fucked her hard as they rode, the motion of the horse helping to feel even greater sensations as they rode. His fangs extended and he bit her for the first time. He fed on her slowly, taking small amounts of her blood as she had orgasm after orgasm. She would raise herself up and down as she rode his cock going almost insane with the ecstasy she was feeling. In between orgasms she would fall back into his arms offering her pulsating neck for him to suck over and over. It would be a long way back to his castle where he would toy with his new found toy to his heart's content for the next few nights to come. She would not die, until he was satisfied sexually, and she could no longer supply him with nourishment.

Last edited:
She felt her head as the blood pooled a bit and she closed her eyes, she hadn't expected that, the fool. She checked Black thorn once more and then dashed from he cave like a hound of hell after the galloping fool that was Nefarious.

She stopped at the top of the rise, just as he had made the turn and he never saw what hit him as she knocked him from the horse. Berengaria had her way and it would soon all be over. She clawed his cheek and drank from him but not the normal draw she took it was a deep kiss draining half of his blood, the other half would be for Blackthorn. The frightened horse had stopped as soon as he errant rider had fallen and she moved to the horse and walked him back the fright in the creatures eyes evident as the beast with in her raged. She tossed Nefarious' limp body onto the horse and she hopped up behind him. She began the mad gallop back to the cave and her new life, she would be the new mistress of Blackthorn hall and the man who owned it would be hers as well.

Arriving back at the cave entrance she jumped from the horse and dragged nefarious from the animal's back uncaring of where it went and she headed back into he depths of the cavernous home that was hers and finally found Eric once more where she had left him. She took the chains of Nefarious and she bound him to a column and slapped him hard to awaken him. She smiled at his glare ands he shook her head," You really think you can get away from me that easily. I am so very close to what I want and you will never deter me from my own revenge. You were but pawn to get what I really wanted. him!" she pointed to Eric and moved to his side. Caressing his face and then his chest and smiled and finally lifted his face up to begin the change.

Her teeth sank into is throat like a lovers kiss and she began to draw from his body the life giving force that she needed to survive. She fed until there was the scattered heartbeat of a man close to running to fast and she stopped and licked her lips. She looked into his eyes once more and she kissed his mouth and then drew back as she whispered," time to make you mine Eric." She sliced her wrist and offered it to him to feed him the blood that would make him like her a beast and a creature for all time eternal a night stalking Vampire.

Berengaria had been focused on her desire for him, when all of a sudden the whirring sound came to his ears as a doubled link of chain came out of no where and made contact with her head. It had been Nefarious. He had been feigning that he was unconscious when in reality he was very much alert. Somehow he had worked his good hand out of the chains that bound him, and had used the same to hit the vampire hoping to crush her skull.

Eric saw the vampire fall, but only dazed. Nefarious on the other hand ran like a rabbit being pursued by a hound. At the far end of the cave, the sound of galloping hooves could be discerned. He looked down to see if the vampire was still there, but there was no trace of her only a spatter of blood on the cave's floor. It seemed like hours before he heard something other than the flying bats that flew from place to place within the cave preparing for the time which would be theirs, the night.

His ears picked up the sound of something being dragged on the ground until he was able to distinguish the form of the vampire. Effortlessly she dragged the body of Nefarious, which she now re-shackled to a pillar. She dealt a brutal slap to the side of Nefarious's face to bring him to his senses once more. "I am so very close to what I want, you will never deter me from my own revenge. You were but a pawn to get what I really wanted. him!" She screamed the words to the glaring face of Nefarious. She pointed her finger in Eric's direction as she raged and vented her anger.

She moved to his side as he felt her tenderly lift his head for the final embrace on her part. She spoke of revenge, for her sister perhaps. That time had been so long ago, yet she still was saving him for the punishment of eternal life. It was soon to be his. The world as he knew it would be no more. He felt her as she caressed his face and chest, and then she bent down, fangs bared, and for the third time she proceeded to drain him of his blood.

He felt the bite at first, it was excruciating pain, but then as she drank the pain stopped. He felt his life draining out of him, his heart beat sounding fainter and fainter with each waining beat. He was dieing and changing at the same time. Like an echo he heard her voice in his ear. "Time to make you mine Eric." He never saw how she sliced her wrist, he was thirsty, his body craved the life giving fluid of water to replenish the blood that his body was missing. Instead she placed her wrist on his mouth, and he drank, deep, savoring the death and life giving elixir.

The flow of her sweet blood was like the nectar of the gods. He could not get enough, he sucked on her wrist like the thirsty soil sucks in the life giving rain. He didn't feel when she pulled away from him else he would deplete her past the point of no return. After that, the veil of blackness enveloped him. Like a whirlpool it took him down, down, down into a swirling pit of emptiness. He was no longer alive and yet he was not dead. His soul had escaped his body no longer willing to occupy a body that had been corrupted. It fled never to return.

His eyes closed and his breathing stopped, he slept the sleep of the undead, though he would be buried, it was his fate to rise again to live a different kind of life. He no longer cared, nor felt, anything anymore, only the blackness called to him, and cradled him in it's veil, no dreams, nothing only the black void..........

***************************************************​

'How in the fuck did she get here so fast?' That was the last thought that went through the mind of Nefarious before being bowled over by the impact of the vampire. Her wound was no more, it had healed completely over. Now she was out for revenge with him. He blacked out completely from the sudden impact of her blow, sending the crazed horse of to the side on it's own. He did not even feel when she tossed him like a common bundle on top of the mount, nor did he feel when she dragged him back into the cave and shackled him to a pillar.

He felt a brutal slap to the side of his face that made him regain his composure somewhat. His neck hurt she must have bitten him again. This was getting to be a bad habit on her part. Nefarious was furious as he glared at the blue eyed vampire. She was beside herself with anger as she screamed out her words. "You really think you can get away from me that easily? I am so very close to what I want, you will never deter me from my own revenge. You were but a pawn to get to what I really wanted, him!" She pointed her finger to Lord Blackthorn who laid helpless in chains, as she spat out her rage at Nefarious.

"You filthy blackhearted bitch, I should have caved in your skull! Why did I have to be so hasty? I could have finished the both of you off! he exclaimed. He saw how the vampiress moved over to Blackthorn and proceeded to feed from him. He could tell that Blackthorn was breathing his last, when he did not move anymore. He then saw how she sliced her wrist with her own long nails, and brought her sweet tasting blood to Blackthorn's mouth. Feeble as he was and barely able to drink, he saw how Blackthorn eagerly sucked on her wrist making suckling sounds like a new born, then she pulled away and Blackthorn lay deathly still.

'Perhaps he's was finally dead.' he thought. 'Good, one less to worry about.' He saw the vampiress shifting her eyes back on him, bloody fangs bared, and with a look of hatred in them that made her eyes sparkle in the dark as if shooting flames......

Night had fallen as two strangers rode into BlackThorn castle. They were Jared and Emil from the North Lands, many leagues away from the lands of Blackthorn. They went straight in to an old shack in bad need of repair. Outside could be seen all kinds of charms, wooden crosses, and bundles of garlic hanging from the eves of the roof and door. The sound of sharp knocking could be heard at the door.

The pain of many years had inflamed his joints, and it was painful for him to rise, so he called from where he sat next to the fireplace. "Who is it, and state your purpose." he demanded. "It is Jared and Emil from the North Land, we have some information that might be of interest." Victor slowly got out of his chair, and slowly made his way to the door with the help of his cane.

He opened the small peep hole to see who it was, and saw that in fact it was Jared and Emil. Opening the door he bade them to enter. "Lock the door behind you, and come to the fireplace and have some tea with me." The two entered and secured the door behind them, as they each found a seat near the fireplace. They both looked around the room, and again they saw all kinds of tokens, and religious objects, and bundles of garlic hanging all around.

Victor caught their eyes observing his room and commented to them as he served the tea. "One can't be to careful these days, and you would be wise not to be traveling at night." "Now, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company this evening?" Emil looked at Jared and left it up to him to convey the information they had.

They related how they had been visiting a tavern in the North Land woods, when they had observed a man resembling the description of a Romy long sought after by the hunters. He had been followed from country to country, but had always eluded pursuit in one form or another. It was very much him, and he enamoured one of the women that was staying at the village, and they were sure that she would be his next victim. Since he was the elder of the clan it was their duty to report to him directly.

"We were told that you have a vast experience on these matters, and that you would be the one to seek for guidance since you are the elder. They both had their share of encounters with the fiends of the night but everyone looked up to Victor due to his knowledge. "Ahhhh, I feel we are living in bad times indeed. The plague has grown in proportion, and it has extended even unto these lands I fear." The both were transfixed listening to Victors words.

He went into detail about the Rector's corruption, and about Lord Blackthorn's visitations by a female vampire that had been accosting him since the massacre in the valley. "The fact remains that not a fortnight he set out to find the demon with some articles of protection that I provided him with, I should have gone with him, but he was determined to confront this evil on his own. I fear that he has lost the battle, and these lands will never be the same again without him.
"As for your information that you have given me this night, I fear that the root of this plague must be sought out in the North Land. It has been noted that if the head of the snake is killed the rest of the body dies also, and by that I mean that whom he has sired, will suffer his fate, for they are and will always be connected.
We must alert the rest of the clan and mount an offensive against this evil. These creatures have existed since time began, and are shrewed beyond imagination. It will be a hard battle ahead of us."

'He thought of Lord Blackthorn, now he himself had to be put to the sword, but sentiments or pity were for the weak, and a vampire surely would take advantage of any weakness.' "I need not remind you to have all of your protection and skills at the ready, for we are dealing with emissaries of the devil here, and as such you cannot and must not let your guards down not even for a moment!"

"Tonight the both of you will stay here with me, and on the morrow you will ride ahead and warn the others, everyone must be at the ready. See to your horses, in the back stable and come inside, there is more than enough food for everyone.

Eric felt her fangs sink into the side of his throat, he felt the surging pain as her fangs tore his flesh in order to get to his pulsating jugular vein. He heard her gurguling sounds as she fed on his life giving fluid for what seemed like hours. She finally loosed her grip on him as she reluctantly backed away from him. She looked deeply into his eyes "Time to make you mine Eric!" He saw her smile as she cut her wrist and brought it to his lips.

The dark colored liquid that ran from her wrist poured into his mouth, he was thirsty and the liquid tasted like an ambrosia to his parched lips and taste buds. He drank and sucked the blood from her for all he was worth, until she pulled away. He felt himself being enveloped into a swirling whirlpool. It was blood red and black as it spiraled him down, down into an abyss from which there was no return.

His descent finally came to a stop in what seemed like a dimly lit cavern illuminated only by the glow of an incandescent fire. His floating body came to rest on the floor of what seemed like a tortureous lake glowing with fire and brimstone, from which pitiful moans, yells, and screams filled his ears. He heard laughter as he was brought to his feet by an invisible force. The laughter grew to a mocking laughter directed at him.

"So another has come to do my bidding!" "She is doing her work well!" "In case you haven't been informed, your soul now belongs to me, you are one of mine now, and you must do my work, you must send me more souls, only then will you be seen fit to progress and live to a ripe old age." "You will not age for sometime or until I see fit, but for the time being you will stay the way you now are, that is the small recompense you will be allowed!" "You can only venture forth during the hours of darkness, where you must feed on the blood of the living in order to live, You will shun the light of day, for the rays of the sun will kill you and send you back to me for eternal torture for having failed me!

More sardonic laughter could be heard from the deep hollow voice that had commanded him. A chorus of laughter from other beings also acompanied the big voice. Furthermore you will rise from the depths of this pit, back to the ground that you fell upon or that covered you, from hence you will return to your coffin by day, and that soil must accompany you always, or you will die. Be forewarned, there are those that hunt vile creatures of the likes you have now become. You will die by thier hand if you are not careful. Use your resources and your instincts well, else your date with me will be that much sooner." "You now possess extra human strength, you can see in the dark, and you can control animals at will, in time as you progress more powers will be given you, but only if you follow the rules I have commanded you.

With that a spiraling force again took control and brought him up, up, up, until he again was aware of his surroundings in the cave. He was now laying on the ground in a crumpled heap. His eyes adjusted to the dim light of the cave. The candles that flickered by the coffin he had seen which belonged to Berengaria, now hurt his eyes. Looking around, there was no sign of the one responsible for his misfortune. He looked around and his eyes caught movement comming from the area between two pillars.

The face of his most hated enemy came to him in full view. The eyes of Nefarious could not penetrate the darkness to know he was being watched as he lay chained to the twin pillars that Berengaria had shackled him to. For just a moment Eric hesitated as he checked his wrists and searched for the chains that had restrained him before. They were gone now, Berengaria or someone somehow had liberated him from his confines. He was free at last, free to take revenge on his most hated of enemies. He saw a wooden sword and vaguely remembered that it had once belonged to a little boy, a little boy he once knew and loved so dearly, but would never see again.

Last edited:
Eric looked hard at the wooden little sword, he remembered the valiant little man that wanted so much to be like him in every way. He thought of the many little battles his son had emulated astride his wooden rocking horse. He felt his eyes burning with anger as he looked at the mess of humanity that lay shackled before him.

He looked around but saw no sign of Berengaria, he noted that their was now a second coffin where before there was one. Once more he looked in the direction of Nefarious who was oblivious to his presence. Eric moved closer and picked up a torch. He wanted to make sure Nefarious saw his face, he wanted him to remember him for all time when he would be cast to the depths of hell. He wanted him to remember who sent him there because of his deeds. There would be no power in heaven or in hell that would prevent it. He would exact his revenge.

As he moved closer Nefarious looked and saw Eric's face for the first time. His eyes bulged out as he realized that he was now at the mercy of the man he had wronged in so many ways. The evil deeds he had done to his family all came back in a flash across his filthy mind. He saw himself killing the child boy with a swipe of his sword, he saw how the small girl child had been raped by his men over and over until she died of excrutiating pain as her insides were being ripped and torn open by the forceful pounding of the sex crazed men.

He saw how he himself had brutally raped the flaming red haired Isabelle wife to Eric Blackthorn. He had relished in cutting her head off at the moment of ejaculating his filthy seed inside of her bloodied pussy. He could still feel the contractions of her body as it reacted to the separation of the head and mind that had once controlled it. The delicious spasms he had felt on his cock as the body slowly died. Now, it was time to pay the piper, he knew it would be a slow death for that is what he would have done.

"So we meet again face to face Eric of Blackthorn, I see you have come to exact your revenge upon poor ole Nefarious." "I should have finished the both of you when I had the chance, if it were not for that blackhearted bitch, I would be far away right now." "Ha ha ha ha ha!" Nefarious burst out in his evil laughter. He knew his time was up, but wanted to inflict further damgage to the tortured mind of Eric of Blackthorn.

Eric stepped up and released his wrist from the shackle that bound him, Eric's face was now contorted by rage as he thought of his family and how they had suffered.
Nefarious flailed his one good arm in hopes of conecting some type of debilitating blow on his adversary, but to no avail, his strength was no match for the now empowered foe that easily dragged him deeper inside of the cave.

"So you like to kill innocent women and children do you? So you like to rape little girls? You killed my little boy, and you raped and killed the love of my life! For that I condem you to die, but you will not die right away, you will suffer like few have ever suffered." Eric glance around and saw a stalagmite aproximately five feet off of the ground, it's spiked cone sharply pointing to the cealing of the cave. "Here Nefarious, I have found the perfect place for you to sit and reflect about all of the harm you have done in your miserable life. I thought of killing you right off, but that would have been to kind for the likes of you, instead I want you to sit here and think really hard about what you have done."

"Whaaaat arrrre youuuuuu gonnnnna dooooooo????!!!!!!" screamed Nefarious. "Nooooooooo! Nooooooooo! Not thaaaaaat pleeeaaassse noooooo!
Without pity, and without remorse Eric impaled Nefarious through his rectum on the sharp point of the pillar. All of the struggling in the world would not dislodge him from his fate. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH....AAAAARGGGGGGG!
GAAWWWWDDDD....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOT THISSSS WAYYYY!
His screams reverberated throughout the cave until the bliss of blackness over took him as he fainted only to wake up afterwards to continue his wailing. Images of the women he had fucked coursed through his mind, the pain he had given was now all his. He would repent over and over with noone to hear his pleas, only the bats, the rats, and the insects that would soon devour his body until only bones remained.

Abruptly Eric turned around and walked away. He made his way to an opening in the cave that led to a long stairway leading up to what was the lower dungeons of his castle. So this was the way she had found her way in, this is how she entered to do harm to those inside. He hated her with a passion, why could he not have died instead to join his beloved family, instead he was now a creature himself, loathsome, and detested by all who would come in contact with him. Slowly, step by step, he made his way up until he entered his very own chamber where he and Lady Isabelle had lain so in love with one another. He made his way to the vanity where he found a sealed letter with the seal of the house of Jonathan. He opened it as he read the words he frowned here it was, already hated for something he did not do. He continued to read.

To you scoundrel Lord Blackthorn, you have been consorting with my daughter behind my back, and under our very noses. You have no shame! I will see you at your earliest opportunity, where you and I can have words. I don't fault my daughter for she is still young. She thinks she knows of life but she is wrong. You should have left her alone. It is enough that my Isabelle is no more, now you inflict this new pain into our lives. There is only one outcome that can come of this, and that is for you to meet me in the field of battle! Only then can the dishonor you have bestowed on this family be amended. We travel back to my homeland on the morrow, but I will close in saying that your betrayal speaks loud of your bad intentions, and ill will toward those that helped you in your moment of need. I regret helping you! I should have left you out there as carrion for the crows and the creatures of the night. If you are half the man you think you are, then you will face me so as to end this shame you have bestowed upon me.

Signed and with my seal,

Lord Jonathan

'What was this about, he wondered. His father in law now wanted to do battle with him, due to what? The letter spoke of consorting with Lady Maria, but he had not touched her. There was more than met the eye here and he was going to get to the bottom of it all.' He glance around his bed chamber and found his beloved sword. He strapped it on and walked out to the great hall. Everything seemed deserted, he made his way to Lady Maria's chamber and softly knocked on her door.

"Who is there?" came the query. "It is I Lord Blackthorn. "My Lord, at last you have returned! Where have you been? I have been so worried for your safety!" She wrapped her arms about him, as if she belonged in his embrace and was welcoming him after a long journey. He could feel and hear her heart beating, as he could hear her blood running through her now quickened heartbeat.

"I was forced to undertake a mission, and had to be away for a few days." he stated. "What has transpired in my absence?" "I found the letter addressed to me from your father. What is going on?"
She hesitated for a moment not wanting to tell all of the story. M..my parents decided it was time to go back to the homeland, your soldiers were now trained and capable of holding their own against any foe, and my father's men were no longer needed here to keep order."

"Surely they must have wanted you to go with them, why didn't you go?" "M...My Lord, please don't be cross with me, i..it's just t..that on that day I decided not to go, and hid in the stables until all were gone, it was the only way, else my father would have taken me by force." "Foolish child, you should have done as your father commanded, now you have provoked his anger towards me, for he finds me at fault here!" he showed her the letter Jonathan had left for him, the very one she had seen in the vanity of his bed chamber.

"I will explain to him, and the matter will all be cleared up, you will see." she stated. "Please don't be angry with me, M'Lord. She again wrapped her arms about him, and held him tightly as a child would hold her father after being caught in mischief. He smelled her perfume, and her womanly fragrance and relunctantly pushed her away. He was now a new person, a new thing with no remorse for anything nor anyone, but somehow he willed himself to hold back. Soon he would make sure Lady Maria would leave Blackthorn castle for good, this was no place for her nor for anyone that could now serve as sustanance.

Lady Maria could hardly believe what her ears were hearing, he had rejected her idea of staying on as his mistress in place of her sister whom he had loved so much. "M'Lord surely you jest, you would have me go back to my father after I disobeyed him by not going back with him?" "Surely I thought you would be thrilled at having me stay on as your new wife, I would so like to remain as such to ease your sorrow and loneliness, after all Isabelle and I were sisters and I look so much like her, you would soon get to know me and we can be so happy together."

Eric held her at arms length as he spoke to her. "You are but a child compared to me, and as a child you elected to do the wrong thing by remaining here. I appreciate that you may love me, and that your heart is willing to go against the wishes of your father, but get this through your head once and for all. To have you here is like a constant reminder of what I lost, and perhaps I would love you if I so chose to allow you to stay, but you are not Isabelle! You may look like her but you are not her, nor can you erase the memory of my children from my mind. It is etched in there forever more, and no woman, you included could ever take her place."

He knew his words had cut through her heart and soul, as he saw tears welling in her eyes, but it was for the best, should he allow her to remain, she would end up being a creature of the night as he now was, and would serve no purpose for his heart was not in it to make her like he now was. "Get your things ready, I my self will accompany you back to your father's homeland, and I will talk to your father, and explain to him that what he thought is not so. He is a man of reason, and I know he will understand, after all, I have not touched you improperly in anyway."

Lady Maria felt her heart sinking, but she knew she would never be allowed to remain. She thought for a fleeting moment that if they were intimate, perhaps he would learn to accept her and let her stay, but she knew she would never have his love, it belonged to her sister, to another time and place. She felt the hot tears rolling down her face as she raised her face up to look at his face for the last time.
"M'Lord, I promise thee that I will never wed another, nor look at another man as I gaze upon you this minute, I am yours, whenever you change your mind and you come and look for me, I will be there waiting for you."

Eric looked at her, and for a moment he almost felt compassion for her, but he could not allow himself that luxury. He admitted to himself that at one time he was aroused by the vision that had presented itself in the woods when she thought noone was around, but that had been a different time. Now all that mattered was to get her back to her parents as soon as possible, and to get her away from the danger that Berengaria imposed on her and on all that presently lived in his domain.

"We leave on the morrow's eve, I will instruct the Captian to have the men ready for the march. There may be times that I might have to leave your side during the march, and I would rather have someone capable watching out for your safety and that of the ladies that will escort you to aid you during your journey. I must see to some things, and for the moment I will leave you so that you may begin preparations." With that, he opened the door, and walked out of Lady Maria's chambers. To have remained, would have opened the door to the temptation he was fighting with all of his might since his eyes fell upon her once more.

He made his way to the barraks, where he met with the Captain of the guard and informed him that they would depart from Castle Blackthorn on the eve of the next day. He made his way towards the chapel and was about to enter when he saw the haunched form of the librarian as he slowly walked with the aid of his cane keeping time on the cobbled street with a tap, tap sound for each of his steps. He remembered all of the instruction that had been for naught, he had fell into the trap set by Berengaria like an innocent child. "These are creatures that have been around since the begining of time, they are shrewed and crafty beyond all means, you should take care less you become one of them."

He wondered if the implements that had been afforded to him by Victor would they now work their magic on him. As Victor turned the corner he sensed that someone or something was looking at him, and raised his lantern that he was using to illuminate his way to eye level. The lantern illuminated the face of none other than the Lord of Blackthorn. "Good evening M'Lord, out for a stroll I see?" Victor had been casual as if he was not alarmed, at seeing him standing in the shadows. "Good evening Victor." came Eric's reply. "I thought it would be a nice evening for a walk and decided to come this way perhaps I would run into you, and here you are."

"Yes! replied Victor. "What a coincidence, I was just thinking of you, and how your venture might have gone, did everything come about as you planned?" Victor knew Eric had lost, and the worst part was that he had lost his soul in the process, now he was standing there looking at the face of death. He the elder of the clan of vampire hunters was now staring face to face with none other than a vampire in his element. "I would have a word with you Victor if you don't mind, I will not keep you from your duties for too long."

Victor knew what he was up against, and did not hesitate, he pulled out a flask from his pocket and in a flash doused the form of the man that was standing in front of him. Bewildered he looked again, and the form of Lord Blackthorn had vanished as smoke would dissipate. He heard Lord Blackthorn's voice directly behind his ear. ""Easy old man, had I wanted to do harm to you, your body would be dead on the cobble of the walk. I mean you no harm, I only need your advice and your knowledge."

Victor knew he had been bested, his reflexes were not those of his earlier youth, and had the Lord wanted he could have killed him ten times over. Again Eric stood in front of the old man, in an effort to convince him that he was indeed not wanting to do him harm. "What is it that you seek Lord Balckthorn? What is it that you want from this old man? Surely it cannot be my blood, it is old and decrepid, and would be of no sustanace to you. "I have already told you I mean you no harm. answered Eric. I only wish to talk, and perhaps ask for your advice.

"I am listening." came Victor's answer. "Perhaps I may learn something this evening, perhaps we both can learn something." Victor lowered the lantern as he resigned himself to listen to what the Lord of the castle was about to relate to him with keen interest.

Evening had fallen as Lord Blackthorn and Victor made their way towards Victor's house. As they slowly walked Eric recanted the events that had led him to his predicament leaving nothing out. He spoke of Berengaria and how she had conspired with Nefarious to bring and end to his family. "This is most serious!" replied Victor. "I am not in the habit of listening to or making deals with the devil, but if what you say is true, then castle Blackthorn will fall to the acts of the undead, because there will be many here that will become creatures of the night just like you."

Victor could not believe his ears, here was a creature telling him what probably was privy only to other creatures like him. Why would he confide in him, a human and a person far weaker than he? "Why should I believe you, what makes you so different from the other blood thirsty fiends that go about preying on the helpless, and turning them into more bloodthirsty creatures? I have lived many many years, and in those years I have learned that there is no end to this curse on humanity, we serve as a means of control only, for they are one step ahead of us always. They manage to elude, and escape to other countries or other parts of the world, until the day comes they make a mistake, and then we hunt them down and kill them."

"Now knowing this, how am I to know you will not go about hunting for innocents in order to maintain your health? Why should I believe the word of the undead that is ruled and controlled by Satan himself?" Eric looked hard into Victor's eyes. "What I have told you opened me up for you and your hunters to do away with me, if you so choose to do so. I welcome the idea of finding my demise at your hands, but I tell you as surely as I stand here before you, that I abhor what I have become, it was not through my choice that it happened, it was an end towards a means. I needed to avenge my family, and at the time the choice that was given me, was simple, either I turn, or a more lecherous, and already evil man would be turned to do his will on me."

"Had Nefarious been turned instead of me, you would not be standing here having this talk with me." Victor knew Lord Blackthorn was right, it was not often that a vampire would revealed himself to anyone, and that person would live to tell anyone about it. Here was a man that did not like what he had become, and was willing to either put an end to it, or form an unholy alliance with him in his lifelong fight against the infection that had been brought to the world since the days of Cain and Able.

"What you speak is true, I believe you are telling the truth, and against my better judgement, I will keep your secret, but you must find a way to prevent further damage by Berengaria to anyone here, or anywhere on your domain. You must find a way to do away with her without alerting her in the least, else she will bring the one that turned her along with other imps and unclean creatures to reek havoc and to seek his vengeance out on you. I can't be more clear on that issue, you put your existence and the lives of all in Blackthorn castle at risk."

"I will put an end to all of this, somehow and I will be a valuable tool for you to carry out your mission of many years. For the moment I need to know how to survive, can I live on the blood of animals, or due to my damnation will I have to kill other humans in order for me to survive and remain alive? Victor thought for a moment before he answerd Eric's question. "I think we can be an alliance as you put it, but you must let me know where to start looking for this Berengaria, we must put an end to her evil before anymore are affected, if not everything will turn into a living nightmare. As to the question you are posing me, the answer is yes, you can survive, but your constitutioun will be somewhat weaker, the desire and the yearning will always be there for human blood. You will always have a raging battle inside of you to resist or to succumb to the temptation of tasting human blood.

"Your power of attraction will make the ladies be drawn to you, there is where you will find the biggest challenge to your dilema, other than that, you will need to find shelter away from the sunlight during the day, this you must avoid at all costs else you will burn to a crisp. Also it has been noted that any blood you consume must be fresh, if you consume blood from anything that has been dead for a while, you can die. Regardles of your intentions you will always be repelled by holy icons, holy water, garlic, and you can be killed by a simple wooden stake through your heart, or if your head is cut off. Should you receive an injury, you will heal almost instantly. One last thing, you must always lay upon the soil that received you when you turned. When in your coffin, you will be aware of some things but not all. You will not be able to move readily so choose your places of rest carefully."

Victor shook his head in disbelief, as if wrestling with his own thoughts. Here he was giving survival advice to the enemy he had sworn to destroy. "I don't know what has impulsed me to help you when I should be fighting to destroy you! I never thought this day would ever happen, but here we are. Now I will tell you this, sometimes life is crazy in it's own way. You have the ability to remain alive beyond several lifetimes if you take care of yourself and not become greedy, and during one of those lifetimes you may just meet with those that you have lost. It's is a retribution given only to those that have suffered greatly and they are compensated in the end with all that they desired or had taken away from them at one time. I wish you well Lord Blackthorn, know you this, you have a friend in me."

Eric looked into his eyes as the old man extended his hand to meet his. Eric reached up to his hand and shook it as men of honor would do. Eric took one more step and while he held the old mans hand he embraced him as he would embrace his father. Somehow this old man brought out the feelings he had when his father had lived so long ago. He knew one thing, he would never allow any harm to come to him this he would vow at the cost of his own life.

"Thank you Victor, for being who you are, as long as I am alive you will not need of anything." He pulled out a bag of coins he knew would keep him sustained for almost a year, but there would be many more in between. "What I do for you I hope I will not live to regret. You inspire in me a confidence that strange as it may be, I feel I can trust you because I feel the great loss, saddness, and the loneliness that you have endured. Thank you for your help, it is not everyday I can put food on my table, this will help greatly. With that Victor turned and walked away. Eric followed in the shadows to ensure that nothing would happen to his mentor, and now benefactor.

Last edited:
Eric watched Victor from the shadows until he entered into his house. The icons that adorned his door, and windows, true to his word repelled him as he drew near, he was sure no kindred would ever enter or even come close to entering Victor's house, for inside surely they would be repelled even more. As Victor closed his door, Eric turned abruptly and with a brisk pace, made his way back to the great hall.

The table had been set, and the preparations had been made for the evening meal. As he approached the head cook approached him and exclaimed. "M'Lord, it is so good to see you, we have missed you these last few days, it does me good to see you sire!" "Yes, it is good to be back." replied Eric.
"Will you be dinning at the main table this eve, or would you have me bring your dinner to your chamber?" "N..no, I will not be having dinner, I am fairly tired, and my appetite is lacking as a result." "As you wish M'Lord."
With that the cook made her way back to the kitchen, and Eric continued on his way to his chambers.

As he passed by Lady Maria's chamber, his sharp hearing could pick up the sound of her sobbing, and things being moved about. She was indeed preparing for the inevitable departure. Eric made his way to his chamber, and on down throught secret opening located in his master bed chamber. He recoiled at the thought of Berengaria coming and going at will through this opening, that not even he knew of it's existence. Down the stairs he went at an unhurried and somewhat slow step. He was in no hurry to see if Nefarious had finally beathed his last or not. He knew that Nefarious would be in extreme agony if he was still alive. The more he struggled to unimpale himself, the deeper the pillar would travel up his rectum.

As he neared the place where Berengaria's coffin had been, he noted it was missing, only his remained. It was as if she knew that her game had been discovered. He made his way to where he had left Nefarious, and he was elated to see that he was still sitting on the pillar. Small almost inaudiable whimpers were coming from him as he drooped and sagged further trying inevitably to remove himself from his torment. "P-P-Please havvve mmmerccyyy, I-I-I wwwilll tellll youuu
eeeverrry thinggg, iiiittt wasssss the blackkk heartedddd bitchhhhh, shhheee p-p-plannnneddd itttt allll."
"Silence! Dog! yelled Eric. His face contorted with anger. "You have nothing to tell me that I already do not know. Those marks on your filthy neck were left there by her and no other. The two of you were in alliance and both of you conspired against me and my family! You have but a short while to live, don't waste your breath asking for mercy, for you showed none of what you ask to my family did you? You were heartless as you carried out her will, and for what? How much money did she offer you? How much gold and empty promises did she make to you? Eric raised the torch so that his face was illuminated fully. He wanted his face to be the last thing Nefarious would ever see before he died. Strangely, anger made his fangs grow as he belched the words of anger at Nefarious. His hideous contorted features brought horror to the face of Nefarious as he sunk into the deep sleep from which no mortal ever returns.

Nefarious had breathed his last as he had lived, ruthless and uncaring for no one, not even himself.

Last edited:
Eric brought the torch down to the filthy garments of Nefarious starting at his feet, he lit the rags until they burst into a flaming ball of fire that consumed the entire body of Nefarious. He would burn to a crisp, such was his fate. Eric wished Nefarious would have lasted longer feeling the agony in his rectum impaled as was his custom to impale women and children alike and then behead them.

He watched as the burning flames went higher and higher and could hear the sizzling of the skin and meat of his adversary and murderer of his beloved family. Eric turned as if remembering something, it was the wooden sword of his beloved son. The one his little boy had weilded emulating the actions of his father. Oh the joy his children had brought him only to have their lives snuffed out by the dealings of two heartless individuals.

As he looked at the small wooden sword, he vowed to himself that his son's sword would finalize his final revenge when he would drive it into the heart of the instigator and most guilty of having his family killed. 'Berengaria, you will not find a hole deep enough, in this world or the next where you can hide, I will seek you out if I have to travel to the ends of this earth and back to find you. You made the biggest mistake you could have possibly ever make, and that was to give me eternal life. I vow on the blood of my beloved family that I will hunt you down spill your blood on the ground and drive this, my son's sword into your black heart, only then will my mission be complete.

He felt the dawn approaching, his thinking and movement were becoming more lethargic as darkness would soon change from dark to day. Eric made his way to his coffin, and as he layed down, his last thoughts were of his beloved family and the words of Victor. "Now I will tell you this, sometimes life is crazy in it's own way. You have the ability to remain alive beyond several lifetimes if you take care of yourself and not become greedy, and during one of those lifetimes you may just meet with those that you have lost. It's is a retribution given only to those that have suffered greatly and they are compensated in the end with all that they desired or had taken away from them at one time. I wish you well Lord Blackthorn, know you this, you have a friend in me."

With the information Victor had received from Lord Blackthorn his mission was made clear. Now there were two vampires in the realm of Blackthorn. One was a female vampire, that went by the name of Berengaria, and the other was none other than Lord Blackthorn himself. As of yet he had not heard of anyone turning up missing or with strange bite marks on their necks, but he knew it was just a matter of time before they would start to hear reports of missing people.

He organized a meeting of the hunters where they all were made aware of the female vampire that would sooner or later start to kill. He did no mention of Lord Blackthorn, Victor was a man of his word, and until Lord Blackthorn prove himself wrong or capable of the fiendish acts his kind were noted for he would guard his secret. Perhaps one day he would lead them to the main culprit that had eluded them for years. This was an ancient vampire that had been around for centuries.

He was a Romy of hungarian decent, and wise beyond all reason. It was his shrewdness that had kept him one pace ahead of the hunters, but his time was measured for one day soon he would fall to the persistence of the vampire hunter society. Many of his bretheren had fallen victims to the onslought of the fiends. Their strength and agilities were unequaled on a one to one battle. They had to be exterminated when they were at rest. That was the time to do away with them. They were lethargic and incapable of defending themselves, though some could move about during the day, they had to be in almost total darkness for any amount of sunlight would hurt or kill them.

Some of his brethern had been unfortunate enough to have gotten caught by falling darkness, and then the tables were turned on them. No longer weak or lethargic, the fiends had killed them and done away with their bodies never to be seen or heard of again. Some times the vampires were so clever at their hiding places, they could only be found by piecing bits of information together until the puzzle was solved. Most of the time the new fledgelings were easy to find due to thier inexperience. They would feed on a regular basis on the townspeople close to thier hiding places and it would not be long before they were found.

The shrewed ones would venture far away to other lands to obtain what they needed and were much harder to find by normal means, for they learned how to dispose of their victims to where they would never be found by anyone again. Such was the case on this Romy, he felt sure that the last report that had been given had placed his location somewhere in the North lands. That is where he had been seen in the tavern enticing a woman that had fallen under his spell. Some how he knew this Romy and Berengaria were connected and where he found one, the other would not be far off.

That is where this hunt would begin. Somewhere in a circle of a few miles there had to be a castle or large building that would serve the purpose of harboring his need for rest during the day. He had found that vampires as a rule were extravagant creatures that spared no money to dress up their living areas in lavish furnishings, and fancy attires. It was seldom seen to the contrary unless the vampire had been a coarse individual in life, he or she would live the same lifestyle after death. Save for their nasty business of consuming human blood, for the most part they were fairly clean individuals, and maintained their persona in an imaculate condition.

Some that had been aristocrates in their lifetime more so than others. They were used to giving orders and would seldom live alone without haveing some human slave under their total control to do their bidding and fulfill all of their whims.

That point in the nothern lands is where the hunt would begin, the report stated he had been seen leaving on horseback with his victim so he would not live far off. That had been his first mistake, the rest would fall into place with time. The only part was that they could not allow to much time to go by, lest the whole town would be under his control. As silently as they had arrived the hunters all filed out, and melted into the darkness like shadows. Each with a mission, each individual acting as one body, and with one goal in mind. Once their quarry had been identified, then it was complete removal by what ever means.

The following evening, all was ready for the march to the lands of Sir Jonathan. An escort of fifty men and the Captain were ready. The horses impatiently protesting and resenting the fact they had been taken out of their warm stalls snorted and pawed the cobble stones, their breath sending out clouds of warm steam into the cool evening air.

Lord Blackthorn opened his eyes, and stepped out of his coffin this would be a long night, made longer still by the fact that he had to return before dawn. It was a good thing that speed could put him in a flash where he needed to be in the blur of an eye. He made his way to the head of the column where he found the Captain ready and awaiting his arrival. Lady Maria and her helpers were already seated in two wagons laden with all of her belongings.

Soon the order was given to march, the gates were opened and two by two they all filed out of Castle Blackthorn. Lady Maria looked back in desperation, tears welling in her eyes as she remembered in her heart the pain of his rejection towards her. 'How could he have turned her down when she loved him so, did he not see that she wanted to remain with her heart and soul? Why had he turned so cold?' All of these were questions perplexed her mind. Another man would have jumped at having her body, to possess it, and make it heavy with child. Lord Blackthorn was not like other men. Perhaps that was what intrigued her the most, still it was painful to have to leave when someone didn't want you.

'How is my father going to react towards Lord Blackthorn?' she wondered. 'Is he going to want to start a fight without hearing him out first? Would he do battle on sight? What if one or the other would be killed?' All were questions that made her stomach tie up in knots. They would have to wait until thier arrival.

Eric astride his black steed approached the Captian. "We will ride into the night then stop and make camp, in the morrow you will continue on, I must leave you at that point, and I will catch up with you later on." "As you wish M'Lord!"
answered the Captain. In the many years of loyal service, his was not to question why, his job was to comply with every order that was given him from his superior and Lord. During the march Eric broke from the file and informed the Captain to proceed while he attended to a matter, and melted into the forest.

The pangs of hunger were killing him as he passed the wagons where the women were riding. He could hear their gossip, and chortling about this or that. His stomach and his brain were searing red, he had to have nourishment soon. It had been two days and he had not fed, his steed sensed the change in him, and for the first time since he first came to love his master, he knew something was not right with him as he carried him into the forest.

After a short ride into the forest, Eric dismounted. The bulk of his horse's body against the limbs of the trees, and his heavy footfalls would scare everything for miles around, he stood a better chance on foot. Eyes that could peirce the darkness were an asset to him where as before he would have been blind in the pitch darkness. His hearing told him everything, from the chirping of a cricket to the distant howls of hunting wolves.

He came to an open meadow, where he heard the faint grunting of deer as they fed on the sweet and lushious grass. Occasionally they would stop to pick up their head to smell the wind for hidden dangers. Quick as lightning Eric was on top of one and wrestled him to the ground. Startled the deer bleated his terror at finding himself overpowered by what could be his final moment in life. Eric did not need to feel for the pulsing main artery he could hear the rush of blood from the terrified animal.

Eric drew his sharp dagger, and proceeded to shave a portion of the deer's hair from around the area where he would have to place his mouth. With another small prick from the point of his dagger he made a small incision then he proceeded to drink from the deer. He fed not knowing how much to take from the deer before he killed it. He was not yet full but decided to let the poor animal up. The deer somewhat weakened by the ordeal would live as he weakly stood on all fours and scampered silently into the forest where he would again regain his strength none the worse for wear.

Eric had learned something new, he did not have to kill in order to live, he could maintain his life through nourishing on animals, Victor had been right, he felt vigor returning to his body, and he felt warm inside. He had not felt warmth since he had been turned by the evil vampire. He put his hand on the hilt of the wooden sword. Soon,... soon you will drink of the evil blood of that one that has turned my world upside down...soon my son, I will be with you once more. Silently he returned to his horse who viewed him with keen interest, he mounted and galloped to rejoin the advancing column.

Soon they would arrive to the lands of Jonathan, and he would return his daughter back to him. He only wished that he would not have to fight him before he would listen to him first as he would explain to Lord Jonathan that he had not touched his daugther in any disrespectful way, time would tell. They were two days march away and daylight was approaching fast, he would have to act soon or die.

Last edited:
Eric had not had time to speak to Lady Maria, during the march. He had been busy with the particulars of the journey, plus finding his first sustenance. The deer blood had invigored him immensely, since the turning he had not had anything to sustain him, and the pain he felt for blood was unbearable. He now understood the total disregard from other vampire when it came to needing nourishment. It did not matter from who or what gender, they took indiscrimantely, and since people were much easier to find, they seldom bothered with animals.

In the lessons that Victor had given him, one stood out in his mind. "Most vampires consider it beneath their contempt to consume animal blood, for it does not provide the strength that human blood affords, therefore you will be somewhat weaker if you only consume animal blood." These things he had to learn on his own as he went along. He wondered if other fledglings encountered the same problems, or were they guided along by the ones that turned them.

He was thankful for not having Berengaria as his maker and mentor, she had caused all of the hardship he and his family had endured to last him for a thousand lifetimes. She had been the instigator that brought Nefarious into play with false promises of richness, and perhaps imortality had he not been so filthy. Nefarious had received his just rewards, now there was one remaining individual that he had to settle acounts with...Berengaria. 'I wonder why she left? She had been so determined to make me promise something, but she never told me what she wanted me to do. I know it involved the wooden sword that belonged to my son, but that sword is destined for her and her alone.'

Time was growing short, soon it would be daylight, and he had to find safehaven and fast. He remembered some caves that were nearby, and after giving marching instructions to the Captain, he left, telling him he would catch up late evening. "It is now that we must use haste my noble companion, you must fly like the wind, or your master will be no more." It seemed as if the gallent steed understood his need for he ran like never before feeling guided by his master and beloved companion.

The black's hooves thundered in the dim light sending sparks from his iron shoes on the flint of the mountainous terrain. They soon came into view of a cave located on the mountain side. "I barely have time to unsaddle you old friend, and I must be on my way. I don't blame you if you decide to go back home. Eric gently patted his steed who was blowing hard from the long run, and turned and walked into the pitch blackness of the cave. He had remembered to bring the dirt from the cave in a small pouch as Victor had instructed him. Here he would be safe.

In the farthest inner chamber of the cave he finally laid down. Dawn had broken and the sun would soon shine it's rays of life giving light for some, but for Eric of Blackthorn those rays meant death, he would have to stay one jump ahead of the sun if he was to live for very long. He felt his movements were more lethargic before he settled into the stupor of seeming death, oblivious to anything or anyone. His last thoughts were of his beloved Isabelle, and his beautiful children...then, blackness came abruptly. Like clockwork the coming day had put him into the trance of death, unable to move until the shadows of evening approached telling him it was time to rise again, to rise and to seek life giving blood once more.

**********IN THE LAIR OF THE BEAST**********​

In a distant land many leagues from the domain of Blackthorn stood a castle that had long been abandoned. No one dared to come within many leagues of it for fear of the legends that had been told through the years. People far and wide had been told since very young not to venture near, for many had done so and were never heard from or seen again. Stories were told to children, and they in turn would tell their children of the evils that lurked in the forebidden place.

The field hands would labor during the day, and would never dwell past the hour of sunset, for that was when they were most apt to never be heard from again. Everyone would lock themselves in and doors and windows were always heavly bolted. Every house would have a talisman of sorts, and lots of garlic hanging from every door and window as a precaution to ward off any evil that might come their way.

The last dying rays of the sun were barely visible peeking from the mountain top as it slowly sunk into the other side of the earth,... night was falling. It was the hour when all creatures of the night were waking from their daytime slumber preparing for the night's activities. The mounful howl of a lone wolf could be heard in the distance, answered by the howls of other wolves who were also preparing for the hunt in the shadowy forest.

In the darkest bowels of the castle a lone coffin could be seen. At each corner about a meter away, a large and long candle stick was held in place by very elaborate silver candle stick holders. They were made of the finest silver handcrafted by long dead artisans. Slowly the lid of the coffin started to rise as if by it's own volition. The form of a seemingly dead man dressed in the best finery could be seen. Slowly he opened his eyes, his pale features of alabaster like skin resembled more that of fine marble.

His hands were of the same texture, his long fingernails gleamed in the flicker of the pale candle light like shiny stones as they caught the light of the flickering candles. His hands laid across his massive chest. This was the lord of the castle, and the ruler of the night. He had been around for many centuries predating back to time immemorial. His was the owner of the night, and everything that pertained to it, including the animals and most of all, the waiting people.

This night a hint of a smile touched his crimson lips, for his latest quarry would be waiting his return upstairs. He had found her in a tavern many leagues away, and had made her his while they both rode into his domain. She had ridden his horse well, but had ridden his cock even better. He would not go hungry this night and for a few more nights to come. His thougts went from the girl to Berengaria, it had been some time since she had not come to his domain to give him retribution for the gift he had bestowed upon her.

'Berengaria!.....Berengaria!.....Berengaria!.....Come to me child,.....come!"
He had sent her a telepatic message, where ever she was she would hear his voice inside her head and she would come. He knew she was still among the kindred because he could feel her. Had she been eliminated he would not have felt her, and strong would have been his retaliation against whomever had dared to take her away from him.

She had been seeking revenge for the death of her sister, or so she had said. He had lived a long life and knew what the acts of revenge would bring in the long run. One of two things would happen, it would lead to an early demise, or having to move a long way off to be rid of those that dedicated their lives to the hunting of his kind. They stopped at nothing in order to be rid of his kind, to eradicate and burn everything that ever was connected to the maker of many of his kindred.

Longevity had taught him that fledglings were not made indiscriminately, for they could through inexperience be the cause of the early demise of the one that sired them. That is why he seldom turned anyone or offered enternal life at whim. Berengaria had been an exception. She had been beautiful, pleasing to his eye, and he had noticed in her make up as a person someone that was not easily duped or played with. That was why he had offered her the chance to make her revenge against the one that had wronged her.

Slowly he arose from his rest, his imaculate clothing was adorned by a flowing black cape with a crimson interior. The rest of his attire consisted of the very best of black coats, and pants, down to his gleaming black boots. His human slave had done his job well, he would not have to beat him tonight. He took his black cane with a silver wolf head adorning it's top, and proceeded to walk up the long flight of stairs leading to the main halls of his castle where his dinner was waiting.

The woman he had brought back from the far away tavern had been his guest for the last two nights, he had taken from her just enough to satiate his thirst, but not enough to kill her. He wanted this one to last a while longer. She would have slept, eaten, and drank to keep her strength up for one last go round before she would be no more. He toyed with the idea of making her eternal but the thought soon vanished as he thought of Berengaria. One was enough let there not be two.

He stepped into the main diner and seated at the table was the woman. She had been dressed according to his instructions, his slave had done his job well. She was wearing a long beautiful black dress similar to the queens of old. Her hair had been pinned up, and she looked ravishing. She had fed well, and had drank enough wine to supplement the blood he had taken from her.

"Good evening M'Lord, it is good to see you, I have been waiting all day hardly able to sleep, just counting the hours in which I would see you again."
"Yesss, I'm sure you have, well here I am ready and able to do your bidding M'Lady." He streatched his hand out to her's and took her hand and gently kissed it. He was after all a gentlman when he wanted to be, as well as a fiend when he chose to be one. Tonight he would be a little of both. His fangs started to grow as his lips touched her tender perfumed skin.

It would be a long night which he would enjoy to the fullest. Faint violin music was playing by an unseen musician as he pulled her to her feet. He would dance with her first and then he would make violent love to her the way he had when they had ridden away from the tavern. He felt her breasts against his, as they almost poked through the sheer material of the dress. Her lips searched for his as they danced, and her pubic mound was grinding against his already responding cock.

He did not have to use his power of persuasion on her, she was ready and able desiring him more by the second. He wanted her naked, and undressed as they danced. He began to unbutton her dress, piece by piece of clothing was removed until she was naked in his arms, willing and hot for his manhood.

He cradled her under his cape and walked her to her chamber, and to her bed. It was a luxurious bed. The velvet covers that adorned it were of the best material imported from middle east. As were the furnishings in her room. No expense had been spared in the adorning of his abode to the finest detail. He was after all maker of his own forturne.

He laid her down on the bed and proceeded to undress himself, the violin music continued softly as if coming from every wall played on. He kissed her lips, and she responded by pressing her's roughly against his. She reached up and caressed his head as she drove her tongue into his mouth for him to suck and play with.
She could feel his fangs growing as well as his cock, she wanted both. She wanted to feel the sensation of his fuck, and the sweet painful bite on her neck as he drew her life giving fluid into his mouth. It was erotic and exhilerating.

He was going mad with desire for her, reaching down, he freed his pulsating cock out. He felt her pussy sopping wet, as she parted her legs for his ever probing finger. He knew just where to touch her by excercising just enough force he worked his finger in and out, probing, massaging, feeling her tingle to his touch. Faster and faster in and out all around, until she was reaching up wanting more of his touch. Oh, oh, oh, I'm cummmmminnnngggg!" She burst out in a steaming geysur as she squirted her passion out. Squirt after squirt seemingly unstoppable, until it started to wane.

Turning her on her belly and with her ass up he pointed his massive cock into the opening of her well lubricated vagina, he started to pump slamming his cock in and out with ever increasing motion. "Oh yessssss, fuuuuucccckkkk meeeeeeeeeeeeee!" she squealed her delight as she begged him not to stop. "Fuck me yesss, don't stop, please don't ever stop!" again, her juices started flowing flooding his cock and her pussy. He fucked her relentlessly. Over and over she came in spasmodic episodes. Not content with attacking her pussy, he roughly entered her ass hole, and to his amazement, she loved it. She became an animal just like him.

She reached back to kiss him, to draw his head and lips to hers, as he impaled her ass in a frenzy of pumping. Her words were no longer coherent, she was at her highest peak release after release, she was unquenchable. "Bite meeee, Bite meeeee nowwwwwww! She did not have long to wait, his razor sharp fangs buried deep into her neck as he tore through her skin and sucked out her life giving blood. He felt her twitching as she came over and over, until he could no longer feel her move. She was dead. Her performance had been like any other including Berengaria, but she made her mistake in making him wild, lusting for her blood, and she paid the ultimate price for his attention.

As he raised himself up, he threw her lifeless body to the side, and adjusted his clothing. When he had made his way to the hall, he saw his slave looking at him awaiting the order he knew was coming. "Dispose of her, I shall return later this evening!" The slave knew his master was going hunting again, and would return with yet another playtoy with which to spend a few nights with. It was always the same story. The nearby hills and streams were mute witnesses of the countless bodies that had been disposed of. He dared not even hint of disobedience, the lashes of the whip hurt terribly and and they took a long time to heal.

Last edited:
Always the aristocrat Lord Yorvich walked down the hall past paintings of his ancient ancestors who like him had been Lords in their time. All had ruled with an iron hand in order to maintain control of the lands that were so precious at the time until one by one they had gone to sleep eternally never to come back again, except for him. Centuries had gone by and he lived on, cursed to roam the darkness, and to prey upon the living for his sustenance.

The halls were illuminated by torches that silently burned from every other pillar, his sharp eyes not missing a thing as he walked. He made his way to the stables where his horse had been saddled and ready to go. His human slave had learned his lessons well, it only took several beatings to get him to understand that everything must be ready and at his disposal needed or not. He mounted and made his way into the night, the horse's red glaring eyes piercing the darkness, and snorting his displeasure at being used.

The wolves in the forest sensing death approaching, howled long mournful howls as they sensed the evil that was riding by their domain. Theirs was but the law of nature to kill and survive, the creature they saw riding by was connected to something far more sinister his power was able to control their savage minds to do his bidding by bending their will to his and their howls were testament of the fact. Such was the power this Lord possessed. He could at will, do many things empowered by his abilities as a vampire, Lord and ruler of the night.

This night would be different from other nights, this night he was searching for one he had not heard from, for one that owed him recompense and honor, one that he had sired and had negated her duties to the homage she was supposed to pay. Severe would be her punishment unless she had fallen victim to the infernal hunters of his kind. It seemed their network stretched far and wide, for no matter where he would venture they would soon be there. Thus far his castle had not been discovered in many many years, due to his hunting elsewhere other than the nearby villages close to his lair, those he had spared veering a wide berth from them.

He set his course for the south lands, where his senses told him she would be. He knew the area well, and there would be and abandoned building here and there where ever he went. They all had deep cellars where he would escape the harmful rays of the sun. Perhaps it was in one of these same buildings that he would find her, and find her he would. 'I wonder what mischief my child has gotten into that I have not heard from her, it is good that I am a patient man. he mused at his own thought, for he knew of his violent fits of anger brought on by impatience, his human slave bore scars on his back for raising his ire from time to time.

Onward he rode until in the distance he was able to make the outline of a castle. He adjusted his course and rode in the direction of the furthest rearmost part. He did not want to evoke the attention of anyone guarding it, so an approach from the rear would be ideal. As he moved closer he noticed that the castle stood at the edge of a precipice it was well fortified from attack against the rear by the very nature of the high terrain. 'This castle is well fortified, I could live in a place like this.' he mused. His sharp eyes alert for any danger he scoured the fortified walls until his eyes saw the faint opening. His keen eyes missed nothing, tracks of horses led into the interior, some going in, some coming out.

'It would seem this cave has been used or is being used by someone, and I think I know who that someone is.' his sardonic laughter echoed in the interior of the cave, he feared nothing and no one. When his horse could go no further, he dismounted and walked the remaining distance, to where his eyes met with the empty coffin that was guarded by four candles much like his was guarded. He sniffed the coffin but it was not the scent of Berengaria.

As he moved around, he noticed tracks leading further into the cave, and he followed them in. It wasn't long until his eyes saw the form of what used to be Nefarious impaled on a column. He winced as he saw the handiwork of a strange hand that had obviously not been well pleased by the still smoldering corpse impaled on the column. 'Interesting, you must have incurred the wrath of someone, and I do not think it was Berengaria...tsk, tsk, child what have you done, what have you allowed to be one of us?'

He walked in the direction the where tracks in the cavern floor were leading, seemingly into a wall, only it was not a wall, but a well concealed entrance that had steps leading up to what appeared to be the main castle. 'Interesting, this is more and more some of my child's handiwork, this must be the dwelling of the one she spoke of that had wronged her sister and warented her anger.' He continued his investigation silently working his way up the steps that led directly into the chambers of Eric Blackthorn.

He saw the painting of a man and his family directly over the bed, he noticed how the entrance through which he had entered was cleverly concealed by yet another painting. 'Berengaria, you naughty naughty girl, so this is how you first entered. He could visualize everything in his mind, all of the events that might have taken place. He turned once more to see the large painting hanging on the wall above the bed. He saw a man with long black locks in full armor, next to him was his wife, a beautiful woman with fire red hair, and two small children, a boy and a girl.

He did not have to witness the scene that might have taken place, he knew the man had been turned by none other than Berengaria herself, but he also knew the man had suffered a tremendous loss,...the loss of his beloved family. He also knew that the torched form of the man impaled on the column had a hand in the proceedings of what had transpired here. Her request of cleaning up the mess in a castle where he had sent his help had been here. This was the place of so much carnage. The castle was still occupied, and he did not want to chance a meeting with the soldiers, so he opted to leave the same way he had entered.

He would find a place to hide in solitude until he could further explore the surroundings in and around this castle. Silently he left using the same entry disturbing nothing in his passing save for the tracks he left behind in the cavern's floor.

Last edited:
****************The March Home****************​

The night had melted away and the new day was arriving. The cold chill of the retreating dampness would soon give way to the warmth of day.The chirping of the birds in the forest announced it's coming. While the denizens of the night were scrambling to find shelter in their burrows where they would remain asleep and lethargic until the shadows of the night once again would prompt them to leave and seek sustenance once again.

Lady Maria lay in her wagon wondering why she had not seen her Lord since the march had begun. He had given orders to march during the night of the first day, but had not given fruther instruction to the Captain as to what to do today. She could hear the soldiers hurriedly going about their business of making the morning meals, and preparing to meet the day and what it would bring.

The chill of the night had forced her to melt deep into the goose down covers seeking every last area of warmth within them. She tucked her hands between her legs to warm her fingers, and instantly felt the familiar feeling on her clit as she lightly brushed against it. She tried not to think of being aroused at a time like this. She would much better prefer to ponder on her Lord's rejection of her, and why had he had refused to allow her to stay. Had her father instilled fear in him, or had he rejected her simply because his heart still hurt because of the loss of her sister and the children?

She tried to focus on the preoccupying thoughts, but her lower body was telling her it needed attention. Her clit was sensitive and swollen to her touch, and her juices had started to flow preparing the way for what it wanted. Nature affords a woman lubrication for the introduction of the male member inside of her by lubricating the way to make the introduction much easier. Thus she felt the wetness and her fingers worked their magic in slow sensuous circles, first her outer lips and soft hairs slowly smearing her wetness on them as she played with the longest strands of her hair endowed pussy.

Her hips moved almost of ther own will towards her fingers, engulfing them towards her wet and waiting vagina, as they slowly pumped and rocked back and forth. Her thoughts went from the thoughts of rejection from Eric, to the fantasy of his lips on her pussy, slowly swirling his tongue around her clit and how he would reach all the way to her now sopping wet chasm. How she wanted his cock to penetrate her. To pierce her in every possible way. She wanted him so bad she could taste him. Her mind traveled to his cock. How she would love to take his cock in her mouth and to suck out his life giving milk. She continued with her fantasy until her body convulsed with a shattering orgasm that almost made her cry out in ecstacy.

The tremors subsided, but her ovaries ached inside they would not receive the life giving sperm that they craved to produce new life. Another cycle would be needed to bring that about. She buried her face in her pillow and wept trying to understand and maked sense of her Lord's decision.

Far away she heard the order being given to break camp as soon as everyone was fed.

The feeble rays of the evening sun were waning over the rim of the western mountain range, as if clinging with orange colored fingers to the top of the mountain before disappearing behind them. In a valient effort the sun tried to shed it's light for a brief moment longer, as if it somehow knew that with the coming darkness certain powers would dominate the night. Powers of creatures that would dominate and twist the night to their favor until once more the coming of a new day would make them retreat to their sanctuaries to again await the coming of darkness.

Deep inside the bowels of a cave the eyes of Eric of Blackthorn opened, awarness coming back to his tortured mind. Eternal life did not come without a price, for during the apparent slumber of the day his being would return to that deep part of hell reserved for the souls of his kind. A place of eternal torment where respite from the burning torture was none existent, where absolution was next to impossible due to the deeds from above that would further add to the penalty a vampire had to pay. It was a place where beings of the netherworld would mock and pry and curse the soul of the unforturnate being, for the sole reason that as a vampire, one could again walk the world where as they had to remain in a prison of their own making. So the placid sleeplike state of the vampire was only a facsimile of what it really was. This was the price Satan required for allowing eternal life free from aging, but full of bloodletting where he would benifit in the collection of yet another soul. It was a game of sorts where Satan would prevent God from ever winning over the being that voluntarily made the wrong choice. That was the pact that was made with a vampire, to be a creature in his service at night, and be tortured by day as recompense for the priveledge of walking the earth as the undead.

As he moved to a sitting position he shook his head to clear the cobwebs in his clouded mind. He wanted to be free of the nightmares that would forever haunt him during his time of apparent rest. "Damn you Berengaria, damn your evil soul whereever it may be! You are the cause of all of my misery and I will not rest until I cut out your evil heart from your foul body! Of this I swear on the blood of my family. They were innocent, yet it was your will to have them murdered! Never will you find mercy or solace as long as I walk this earth, you have condemned me to this, but it will be your undoing!"

He adjusted his beloved sword and with a brisk step, he went out into the night. He wistled softly, and was answered by a soft nicker from his beloved stallion that came to him tail raised wondering where his master had been all day. Eric patted his great neck and rubbed his back to remove all debris before he saddled him. He checked the saddle pad the same way, and threw the saddle over his back. Once he adjusted the cinch and girth straps he mounted. Grabbing the reins he guided the noble steed where he knew he would find the tracks of the wagons and horses that had ridden by during the day. These tracks would take him to the caravan that was headed to the lands of Jonathan, father to Lady Maria. He knew there would be a confrontation if not physical then it would be verbal, but he intended to prove that Jonathan had been wrong about him.

Mounting the black, he rode in the direction he had left the trail the day before. It did not take long for him to find the swath formed by the wagons and the many horses that had trampled the once firm ground to a powder like wide swath which even a blind man could follow. Tonight they would arrive at Jonathans castle and he would give Lady Maria back to him unscathed and untouched. Whether Jonathan would understand or want to do battle, he would not harm him in the slightest. He had been father to his beloved Isabelle and grandfather to his children, he could not fathom the thought of harming him.

He rode hard unil he caught up with the columns slowed down by the slow wagons, it would take a but a while longer to reach the outer gates of the well guarded castle. He caught up with the head of the column where he found the Captain. "What has transpired in my absence Captain?" "Nothing M'Lord everything was done as you asked, and we are but a stone's throw of our destination." "Very well, continue to march, we shoud be arriving shortly." "Aye M'Lord it will be done." answered the Captain.

Soon they were challenged by the night sentries as they approached the main gate. "Halt! Who goes there?" "It is I, Eric of Blackthorn and the caravan that has come to return Lady Maria back to her father!" "Stay where you are until this information can be relayed and verified by Lord Jonathan!" There was a long lapse as the information was ferried to Lord Jonathan, and it was not long after, that the sentries in the tower spoke. "You there! Advance and be recognized! came the order. Eric walked his black steed foward as the lights of the torches revealed his features and his long flowing black locks. "Recognition acknowledged, you may advance and enter along with your troops.

As they entered the main courtyard Lord Jonathan stood in the middle of the square sword in hand. "Alight from your steed and give this old man satisfaction for you deeds Eric of Blackthorn!" "I who once called you son, now challenge you for what you have done. You have betrayed my trust and have defiled my daughter's honor, and for that you must pay. Draw your sword and prepare to die! Lady Maria appeared in the glow of the torches seemingly out of nowhere. "Father stop! You are about to commit an injustice, Lord Blackthorn had nothing to do with my staying behind when you and mother departed, it was I that hid in the stables until you left. It was my choice not that of Lord Blackthorn.

"Silence child, you are but merely trying to cover up for this lout, and I am going to set things straight here and now! "What Lady Maria says is true, Lord Jonathan, I had been away for two days before I returned back to Blackthorn Hall and to my surprise I find that you are gone, and that Lady Maria had remained behind. Upon being made privy to that information, I ordered her return to you immediately. There is no reason to lie or for bloodshed to insue, her honor is intact, of that I can assure you. If it is still in your heart to do battle then so be it but it will be my blood that is shed for I will not lift a hand against you!"

Eric gently pushed Lady Maria back behind him, and stood ready for Jonathan's move. He knew he could easily move to avoid any attack on his person, but he hoped that Jonathan would reconsider before he was made to look like a feeble warrior in front of his troops. "If it is like you say Eric of Blackthorn, and my daughter concurs with your words then I bid you welcome once more, and I extend my appologies to you for having judged you wrong. I knew deep down in my heart that a man of honor like you would not stoop to treachery specially to those that helped you in your hour of need. Please come and dine with us and on the morrow we can prepare a feast in your honor and for my daughter's safe return."

"I am afraid that will be impossible M'Lord, for I must return immediately, there are pressing issues that I must attend to." He could not tell him that his son in law was now a vampire that needed to be in darkness during the hours of daylight, and that he needed nourishment of the likes that would turn the stomach of his proud father in law. So he made the only choice open to him. "Very well, but you must promise to visit me more often, it is not often an old man can see his son return to keep him company from time to time. "I will do just that, and thank you for your understanding in this matter." Eric reached out his hand and held the arm of his father in law. Man to man they gazed into eachother's eyes knowing that they would not see one another again. "Farewell M'Lord." "Farewell my son, may God travel with you. Inside of Eric's heart he winced at the thought of God traveling with him, it was the contrary, but he had no choice.....or did he? He might be condemned but he still had the freedom of choice.

As Eric turned to leave, Lady Maria came running to Eric. "M'Lord, M'Lord! please wait. You are not leaving without saying good-bye at the very least are you?
"No, I was going to bid my farewell to you also. I am sorry things did not work out the way you wanted Lady Maria, but you must understand that my life has been taken and claimed by Isabelle, that she is not here means nothing to me, I am her husband and her's alone. Had it been to the contrary, I would be loving you with the thought of Isabelle always in mind. You look so much like her it would have been a constant reminder, and that would have been terribly unfair to you. "I would not have minded one bit, but in your heart I know you would never love me the way you did my sister, and in time that would hurt. So you are the wiser of the two. Thank you M'Lord. But know you well that you will always have a place in my heart, and shelter from the storm in Jonathan's Hall. "Aye M'Lady, thank you." With that said, Eric bowed to her, then turned and mounted his great black steed.

He turned once more towards Lord Jonathan. "M'Lord if it is at all possible, please quarter my troops for the night for they are tired from the long days march, I promise you by the morrow they will return back to Blackthorn." "It will be done as you say my son, they can stay for as long as they wish.

Eric turned his black and at a slow walk, rode in the direction of the gate. "Opeeeeen the gaaaaate!" came the order. As they rode through, Eric and his black horse soon melted into the night, for the two now belonged to the darkness. Some where in the forest, a lone wolf lifted up his snout to the stars and moaned his long sorrowful houl into the night as he sensed evil riding by.

Last edited:

Not far from Blackthorn castle, in an abandoned farm building deep inside it's cellar, the Lord of vampires was coming to life once more. His eyes opened but he remained still as death. Only his mind was active as he started to will the return of Berengaria. 'Berengaria!....Berengaria!....Berengaria!....come to me my foolish child....Come to me....My wayward prodigal child. What have you done? What have you created?....Come.... For if you tarry, severe will be your punishment....If I have to find you, your punishment will double....Of this I swear! His facial features had contorted to those of a fiend, and his long fangs now protruded past his crimson lips. Anger had taken over him for the delay of Berengaria. She had made the costliest of mistakes, she had turned a human against his will, and he was now a kindred creature just like him with one difference....he did not ask for eternal life, nor was he a willing subject. On that he could stake his eternal life.

As he lay there unmoving his mind was racing to the probabilities of such an event. He had seen it before in the many centuries he had lived as a vampire. Unwilling candidates proved to be only trouble for his kind. Many had died at the hands of such creatures that were bent on revenge. Like the lust for blood existed, so existed in their hearts the lust for revenge if they or any of their loved ones had been wronged in any way, that lust would turn into hatred for their fellow vampires and the one that had sired them. Unless someone intervened and took a hand to put a stop to it, many of his kind would find their demise at their hand. No law prevented a vampire from killing another vampire, it was the law of who was more powerful, and more astute, and who dominated in bringing around the end to such a rogue vampire.

He only needed a brief glimpse of the painting hanging on the wall to know that Berengaria had committed such a crime. The man in the painting was a handsome man, and would be the attraction of any woman to include a vampire. The tales that Berengaria had told betrayed her real intent, and that was to dispose of any and all of those connected to this man as possible to include his loved ones. She may have started out with vengeance on her mind, but that had turned into desire and into an obsession to obtain that which she should have left well enough alone.
He was seething with anger, yet nothing betrayed that save for the contorted features of his face.

He finally moved, effortlessly he moved into a sitting position, then he stood. He would have to find sustanance soon, the pangs in his gut were telling him it was time to hunt. He made his way to a nearby village, it was far away from his lands to where no one would notice one or two missing villagers for a few days. Farmers along the country side only came into the village for supplies from time to time and disappear for weeks at a time. There was one weakness to which he admitted to, and that was the love of ladies. He so rejoiced in the intimacy and wanton desire to bed them down. To feel their hot flesh against the coolness of his cock. To watch and hear them shake and shutter and utter obceneties in the process, and then to inflict the lethal bite when they were feeling the highest peek of ecstasy. They yearned for it, they begged and pleaded for his love bite of which there would be no return. His groin was bulging in his pants at the mere thought.

As he walked out into the night, he saddled his mount, and rode off in the direction of the village. The village was located not far from Blackthorn Castle, and he knew he had to come back and pay Blackthorn Hall another visit. In there he would find a clue as to the where abouts of Berengaria. She was still alive, he could feel her. But he would allow her the time to come back on her own. Seldom had he felt a desire for anyone as he did for her. When he fucked her, it was with total abandon and she enjoyed every second of it. She never objected to anything he would subject her to do sexually and he loved it. That is why he had made her, she had a firm character about her that demanded eternal life and eternal pleasure.

The more he thought about Berengaria, the more it occurred to him that now she was seeking pleasure elsewhere she was no longer content being his sex slave, now she was branching out seeking her own diversions. Ha! Ha! Ha! Berengaria you naughty naughty child, papa is going to spank you real good! he mused at the thought of having her bare assed over his lap and wailing her untill blood would come out of the cheeks of her ass. That punishment would be light if she did not come soon to beg for forgiveness, and to beg to be fucked by him.

He rode up to the tavern, and dismounted. He tied his steed to a hitching post and walked in. The tavern was full of patrons and few noticed his entry save for a few that looked in his direction. They eyed him from top to bottom, and made a reference in their mind to walk out behind him and relieve him from his money. Foolish foolish men, little did they know what they were up against. Yorvich made his way to a far table in the corner where he sat down. The bar wench soon came to his table and asked him what he wanted. "What will it be tonight governor?" "Good evening, I think I will have a glass of red wine if you please." "Sure thing, coming right up." replied the bar wench. She promptly came back with his wine. "Eeer' you go, will there be anything else you need?' "That will be all for the moment thank you." He looked into her eyes and caught the look that a woman gives a man when she finds him attractive. With that she turned giving her buttocks extra mobility for him to see as she walked away, but not before turning around one last time to look in his direction.

Drinking the beverage would not affect him in the slightest, however it would help him blend in to where he would not be singled out by anyone. At the very back of the bar two men drank in silence, they were immersed in their thoughts when one of them decided he had enough and used the back door for his departure from the bar. No one missed or asked where he had gone the drunken glee continued. There was a woman in her mid thirties seated not far from where Yorvich was sitting. She appeared well reared and had an air of self importance the like of which was not found in small villages less so in common taverns. She appeared nervous about something as she was wringing a handkerchief in her hand over and over.

Yorvich stood and approached her table. "Is there something wrong M'Lady, can I be of help to you?" She looked up and was immediately captivated by what her eyes were seeing. Here stood a man in immaculate garb, quite distinguished, and well mannered asking her if he could be of assistance. N-No, well yes perhaps you could help me, you see I arrived this morning on my way to the northlands, and someone decided it would be fine to walk away with my purse and luggage. I could not pay for the final trek of the journey, and the driver said he could not take me if I didn't pay. "One has to be careful in some places, there are always those that want to live off of other's misery." "I am Count Yorvich, and my home is also in the northlands what a coincidence." "Perhaps I can be of assistance to you. I am here on business, and will be here for about two days. On the morrow you can go out and buy new cloathes and everything you need, I will give you the money, and please you don't have to repay me, consider it...a gift on my part, but one that will require you to dine with me sometime in the future if we meet again. As for the moment I don't want to be seen giving you coing in this place, you will only be mugged and relieved of it in a heartbeat."

"Come, let us go find you a place to stay, and we can talk about it on the morrows eve." He did not give her time to say no, but proceeded to walk her out to the nearest inn where she would find a room in which to spend the next two days. He walked up to the counter and paid for two rooms and two bottles of red wine. He made sure they were not followed and walked her to the door. There he pulled out a pouch full of gold coins, more than what she would need to see her thruough. "I-I don't know what to say except thank you, would you like to come in for a nite cap?" The words he was waiting to hear, his kind could only enter when they were invited in, and here she was all on her own asking him in.
He stepped inside of her room, and then he put a hand to his head. "I'm so sorry, I had to talk to someone in the tavern, someone who was late in arriving however I think he should be there already. We can have that drink later perhaps if it's not to late." "S-Sure." she stammered, and with that he bowed and turned back to the tavern.

His suspicions had proven right, they had been followed. His sharp eyes missing nothing in the darkness. He had to pass two alleyways that were immersed in darknes, the perfect places for an ambush. As he passed the first alleyway the man he had seen in the tavern stepped out. "You there we need to talk!" from the second, two more appeared gleaming knives in hand ready to do their handywork. The Lord of vampires was in his element now, he grabbed the first by the throat and ripped it out, the second was bashed head first against the stone wall, the third he saved for last. In deadly fear the man tried to run but the steel grip of a hand impeded his get away. In the darkness only his gleaming fangs could be seen as he brought them full force down on the man's neck. The man shrieked once and then was silent as the hungry creature gluttoned on his blood. He did not release his grip on the man until blood could no longer be drawn from him. Then with contempt, he threw him against the stone wall to join the other two.

Quickly he searched their pockets and found three purses of ill gotten coins, one of which no doubt belonged to his future victim. He stored the purses and then continued on his way back to the tavern. He had to become familiar with the surroundings and the people. As he entered, he again ordered another glass of wine. At the far end of the bar, unnoticed by him sat three men, two younger ones and the third a grizzled faced old man with a long flowing white beard. All three sipped on a stein of ale. Almost imperceptably, one of the younger ones elbowed the old man as he looked in the direction of the well dressed man sitting at his table. No words were exchanged between them as they drank their ale in silence.

His future prospect lined up, Yorvich decided it was time to bid this tavern farewell and return to his investigation of the castle where his Berengaria had chosen to infiltrate and aquire certain liberties with the Lord of the castle himself. He would get to the bottom of things if it was the last thing he did. All of his senses were telling him to leave well enough alone, but he had sired her, and she had become a wayward child and she was in bad need of dicipline.

******************Enter The Hunters******************​

Two of Victor's chosen and well trained men sat at the tavern having a quiet drink. They had agreed to meet there to quench their thirst prior to getting on with the never ending quest for the fiends of the night. Of late there had been no reports of missing villagers or unexplained deaths around the nearby lands, but that could change from moment to moment. They along with the others had been put on alert for the female vampire that had already done some damage at the rectory. The rector's body had been found, but not ravished by any vampire but by person or person's unknown that had dedicated a lifetime in the never ending search and destroy mission of ridding the world of the pestilence of the undead.

As they sat quietly enjoying their ale, a distinguished man entered the tavern. Few took notice except to mark him as a possible victim for robbery due to the fine attire that he was wearing. Unmistakable in demeanor, the gallantly dressed man stood out like a sore thumb in the midst of the raggedy patrons that normally frequented the place. There also was a woman sitting not far from where he had chosen to sit. She appeared distraught and glanced around at her surroundings as if unsure of her next move. Immediately the well dressed man was pegged for what he was by the hunters, here in the very tavern where they sat was a creature of the night out on the hunt and by the looks, he had found a mark. Long had been the time since any had dared venture into these lands, and now here was one of them. He appeared seemingly peaceful, gallant and eloquent, but inside he was a ruthless, merciless blood thirsty killer.

The two that had observed him, knew better than to comment or give themselves away, instead they chose a language that was inherent in all the hunters, that of sign language. Thru the years they had learned that vampires possessed highly developed hearing, together with all of their other senses. All were acute beyond belief, a tenfold of the regular human being. One elbowed the other and nodded his head, and immediately left the tavern. He found his mount and rode at a breakneck speed towards Blackthorn Castle. There he dismounted from his lathered steed and knocked the secret knock at Victor's door. He explained to the grizzled faced old man of the happenings and together they rode back to the tavern where they entered appearing to be just two more random patrons joining their fellow friend at the bar for a drink of ale. They ordered some ale from the bar tender and quietly sipped on it all the while keeping their observation low keyed. They took note of the moves of the gallant man that sat across the room from them, casually observing every gesture and antic he made.

They noticed how the man had walked up to the table of the distraught young woman and conversed with her, and later walked out with her in the direction of the inn. They also noticed the departure of three seedy individuals that had signaled each other and followed after the two shortly after. The hunters knew that short would be their time in this world, but they were vermin preying upon the weak and they deserved what was in store for them.

Victor finally broke the silence and quietly spoke to the other two. We must alert everyone, but most of all we must track this creature's moves without alerting him else we will never see him again. He has to have a place where he must rest and be out of the sunlight during the day, and it will be then that we must strike and strike fast and true. He appears to be an aristocrat of some sort, and I dare say that he has been around for a very long time. It will be extremely dangerous, if not impossible to do away with him should he manage to use any of his powers on us. He has at his disposal demons and animals that watch over him, and will alert him of anyone or anything wanting to do him harm. If my suspicions are correct, this one has been around for many centuries. We face a very dangerous adversary, capable of killing us all if given half a chance.

We are now facing two deadly adversaries, one female, and this one. I feel that the two are somehow connected by blood. If my suspicions are correct this one is hunting for the creation that he sired, the female vampire that has already made her mark in Blackthorn Hall. She is responsible for the atrocities that happened there not to long ago, she is the one responsible for the demise of Lord Blackthorn's family also. He did not go into detail as to how he knew, or even less to mention that Lord Blackthorn was now himself a creature of the night and therefore open game for any hunter that suspected him of being such. We must plan this out to the letter, without delay, and very very discreet. Our success will depend on the highest of secrecy and well executed moves, else I fear that an epidemic will befall us the likes of which is only written about in old texts. They finished their ale, and quietly left the tavern. In the nearby forest the distant and lonely howls of the wolves could be heard, they knew and sensed the evil that was about, and it sent a chill up Victor's spine. He had to make his armament ready and he had to pray,...pray like he had never prayed before in his life. His mind had to be strong and free of guilt of any kind. Creatures like the one they were about to take on could use the slightest weakness with which to attack both mentally and physically. They were demons in their own right, with the exception that they had kept their human likeness, but that was where all comparison ended. They were incredibly strong, agile, and had capacities of shape shifting at will, combined with night vision, and superior senses unlike that of any human or animal.

Last edited:
***********************************************​

The night was still young when Eric left Jonathan Hall. He felt a deep anguish as he slowly rode out perhaps never to return. Lady Maria had lovingly opened her heart to him, and he had spurned her love. How he would have loved to have met her in another time and place, but things were what they were and time could not be changed, not even by one such as he. Time went back for no one, it only moved forward, and people, it would seem, were but mere pawns of a much bigger scheme. It would seem God relished in creating predicaments just to see his creations work their way through to the other end. Good and bad were somehow intertwined together in such a way that one side would get lost in the other, and the challenge of the whole thing, was to be able to separate and discern which was which. Every human being had to do this before the time came to cross the line into the realm of death and stand before the presence of God to account for a life well or ill spent.

For Eric of Blackthorn, the time of choice had came and a choice had been made. It was the only choice open to him in the scheme of things. He had opted for eternal damnation in becoming one of the undead, but it had been a choice elected with the good will inherent in every man's heart. The will to do the right thing in order to prevent more evil from taking root. Had Nefarious been the victor, it would have been a totally a dark day that would have seen the birth of horrendous and terrible acts for a lifetime. It would have caused irreparable harm to the world. Nefarious lived a depraved lifestyle that would have incremented to the level of a sadistic and indiscrminate killer of the likes history had witnessed only on few occasions. Justice had been served to Nefarious and his evil ways, hw was one less monster to worry about. Eric had willfully chosen the fate he now suffered, but it had been at a terrible price, the loss of his soul. His ordeal was only beginning and there was still Berengaria, and perhaps one other much more evil than she,......the one that had created her. The one that had given her eternal life. The one that had aided her in the cleanup of Blackthorn castle to make everything appear as normal almost causing him to doubt his own mind when after so much carnage, in the twinkling of an eye there was no evidence of the blood bath that had happened in his very own castle.

'Yes without a doubt there has to be another vampire, and he and I will have to do battle. It will be an epic battle to say the least. If I am the one to lose, then it will be a repeat of Nefarious all over again. Chaos will prevail throughout the land, for he will have an even more blood thirsty ally,...Berengaria, together they will cause mayhem. I cannot fail, I must not fail! She must pay for her deeds before it's all over, after that, then only God in heaven that made everything on earth, could decide his fate. There was a God, because he was privy to the existence of hell. It most definitely existed he was living proof of the power of evil, but in his heart existed the one thing he could never lose and forever cling to...hope. Though he be doomed to his fate, he still had the power of choice, he would forever choose not to murder other humans in order to exist for another day. There were plenty of animals that he could take his sustenance from to ever stoop to the level of being another monster.'

Eric rode through the night urging his faithful steed to the limit, he had to make Blackthorn Castle before the break of dawn. Riding by himself without the slow pace of horse drawn wagons, he covered the distance in a relatively short time. It was not long before the hooves of his steed were thumping on the wooden drawbridge before the gate. "Halt! came the challenge. "Who goes there? he knew he was in the sights of the many crossbows of the alert guards. "It is I Lord Blackthorn, I have returned, please open the gate." the guard still not sure again order him to advance. "Advance and be recognized!" came the order. He advanced a few more steps until the lighted torches illuminated his features. "Recognition acknowledged, open the gates! the guard had established his identity and all was well.

He advanced his horse to the stables and turned him over to the stable hand. "Make sure he gets plenty of hay, and give him a double ration of oats, he earned it tonight!" "Aye M'Lord, it will be done." answered the stable hand as he led the powerful horse to his warm stable where he would munch contentedly on his hay and oats after being groomed and cooled down.
There was much to do and a short time in which to do it. He made his way to the librarians house, he knew that the icons and protective items were all over his house, but decided to risk a frontal approach. As he came to Victor's door he felt a certain tingling on his body, but nothing to the point of being repulsed by anything herbal or man made that would impede entry. He decided to knock.

"Who's there?" he heard the voice of Victor as he was aroused from his sleep. "It is I, Lord Blackthorn, I have to speak with you it is urgent!" there was a pause, and then the peep hole opened on the door as Victor verified his identity. The latch soon opened and he stepped inside expecting the worst. To the astonishment of Victor he was not repelled by anything inside either. "Come in, come in." before Victor closed the door he looked in all directions to make sure he had not been followed, and then proceeded to close the door.

"What brings you at this hour of the night? Have you come to put an end to this old man's life?" Victor looked for a response from Eric as he shined the lantern close to his face. "Very funny old man, but you are much to old for my taste buds, I fear I might get sick!" Eric's expression never changed but there was amusement in his eyes. This was the first time he had a reason to smile or to jest about anything in a very long time. "Yes! You might be right about that, I wish all your brethren felt about me like you do, then I would have nothing to worry about!" replied Victor with a hint of irritability for having been awakened. "Come sit down here by the fire and warm yourself up! Oh! I am remiss, you are not affected by the cold, I forget things in my old age. Now what brings you here at such an ungodly hour?"

Eric turned to look at Victor, with a cold stare in his eyes as they fixed themselves on the eyes of his mentor. "I fear that there is yet another of my kind here in my lands. Berengaria is the name of the female vampire that has caused me so much harm. This new threat is something I feel more than know for sure, he is the one that she turns to for help, such as the cleanup of Blackthorn Hall after Nefarious carried out his evil assault during my absence. She has eluded me thus far, and has disappeared to parts unknown, and I sense the presence of another that is much more stronger than she.

Victor listened calmly not wanting to interrupt the news being relayed to him.
"I know that this evil is here, I can feel him!" continued Eric. "I want to alert you of that so that you in turn can alert the other hunters so that together we can work to find both of them before irreparable harm is done to the good people of this land, else I fear there will be many more like me until there will be no more good people left including you." Victor's eyes sparkled in the light of the lantern as he listened. He was surprised to hear the words being told to him. So many years of killing creatures such as the one he was talking to, yet he had not found one that would stand up to fight their own kind, it just didn't happen. Yet here he was listening intently to the words of a man that had the power to kill people at will, but chose not to, and better yet he wanted to eradicate the evil of his kind from the face of the earth just like he had done for so many years.

Finally Victor spoke. "What your senses are telling you is true. I have seen this new creature with my own eyes in a village not to far from this very spot." he went on to explain how they had observed the very fiend that Eric spoke of. That he was very much here and had already killed.

"How can this be? You have seen him and he is not dead? responded Eric. "Not so fast!" responded Victor. "This is not and will not be a simple undertaking specially for us humans. I have the feeling that this vampire is one of the ancient vampires that have been around for a long time. Years, centuries untold, he has evolved with the times and is well protected. You have the same or almost the same abilities as he, but he is far more your superior in every aspect. You are but a child compared to him. Do not be rash in your judgement, for even you stand to die before him if you act foolishly. We have to first determine where he sleeps during the day, and even then we are not safe, I am sure that he has mastered the ability to move about during the day except that he cannot be exposed to the rays of the sun without dieing.

"We must plan this carefully, for if he should get wind of what we are planning, there will be a lot less hunters left to carry the fight. I cannot stress this enough, should you meet him, I dare say you also will be in mortal danger, because if things are as you say, and he is sire to the female, he will be cross with her for having turned to another male, which is you instead of staying faithful to him. More so if he should find out that you have chosen not to follow in the steps of the rest of his kind. You pose a danger to him, to the female vampire, and to many others and he will know this. Creatures like him and you are endowed with extra senses of which you are barely starting to discover, he has had hundreds of years to hone and develop all that he knows. Should you encounter him be very careful in your choice of words and how you act for he will see right through you in a heart beat.

'Victor is right.' thought Eric. 'This is something I had not thought of and is totally unexpected. It is good that I have this man as a mentor instead of my enemy for I fear I would not have lasted very long had it been to the contrary. This man is wise beyond his years, he to has had a lifetime to hone his abilities in dealing with the extermination of creatures like myself.'

"That leaves the female unaccounted for. She has to be holed up somewhere near, but is not showing herself. What happened to the one she had seduced to carry about the destruction in Blackthorn Hall?" inquired Victor. "He has been dispatched to hell by my hand! He is one less to worry about. I fear that perhaps through killing Nefarious she knew that her life will be forfeit also." replied Eric as he thumbed the little wooden sword in his belt. "I will not rest until I have buried this in her evil heart before I take it out and burn it or leave it out where the sun will find it and turn it into ashes. Victor looked at the small sword and immediately knew that the sword belonged to a child, the very child of the man that sat in front of him.

"Then it is done, we will combine forces, partake of any new information that we might uncover, and let the chips fall where they will after that. Of one thing I want you to be perfectly clear, you must not underestimate this creature, be very careful for just like we are out to hunt him down, he is hunting both you and the female down, and he will find you before you find him. Be ready! Victor's words were well taken, he had warned him once before when Berengaria had first attacked him in the cave, she had taken him down like a mere infant. "There is just one more thing I want to know before I take my leave from you Victor. Why do the icons and herbs you have all over your house not work on me? I too am a vampire and should be repelled, yet I am here like a normal person." Victor paused before he answered. "That is because the providence of God has somehow intervened in your favor, though you are undead, somehow because you have not done evil, these things have little or no effect on you. However pure evil would be shrinking in a mass of muck before these powerful things as you will see when the time comes to do battle with the real evil." "I see." replied Eric. "Farewell my friend, until we once more meet." Victor opened the door."Farewell to you to my son, take care." Eric slipped out, and melted into the shadows of the night.

Back