"In Time..My Love Will Find You."...open for Destiny only.

Rick_Knight

Really Experienced
Lord Eric Blackthorn laid in bed contemplating his beloved wife, Isabelle of Blackthorn as she slept soundly. He remembered how she cheered for him during the jousts in which he bested many an opponent. They had grown up together as children, and laughed and played together, playing games all children play. He remembered how he would always be her champion when mock little battles were enacted between him and other little boys that were interested in her. She always pretended to be a princess, and who ever would win the battle, would be her husband. He made sure he never lost as he would fight with all of his might. Steadily he developed a reputation, and in time there were less and less takers to try his wooden sword.

He reached over not wanting to disturb her sleep and kissed her flaming red hair, how he loved her. She had given him two children, a beautiful little girl who would be celebrating her fifth birthday in a few days, and a little boy scarcely two years of age. Five years of wedded bliss and two adorable children. Both had been born in the spring, when all things are fresh and starting to turn green, when little birds sing looking for a mate with which to build a nest. Thus it had been with him and his beloved Isabelle. He had been left sole heir to the lands he now owned, which had been passed down by Lord Blackthorn his sire. He was his father's only son and his pride and joy. He never knew his mother as she had died giving him birth. He remembered how his father showered him with love and everything he could think of, but from a tender age, he preferred to earn everything he ever received.

How his father rejoiced watching him win his jousts. "You have grown up into quite a man," he said one day. "It is time for you to be thinking of your future!" "Lady Isabelle is not going to wait for you forever you know!" "There have been many suitors, and you have made many enemies because her eyes have been only for you!" "So don't tarry my beloved son, and go and ask for her hand, I know her father well, and he would never say no to you." They had married in mid summer, all attended the gala. His father owner of a vast expanse of land did not forget to invite anyone to the feast, he loved his workers dearly and always gave above and beyond to help them and their families, so everyone rejoiced.

When snows of winter came his father fell ill. "This is my last season on this earth," he said. "All that I have is now yours, I go to be with my beloved wife...your dear mother." "Do not forget what I told you my son, always beware of those that were sore losers, for they always try to get through ill means, what they could not get by being victorious.' "Beware of the one they call Nefarious, rumor has it he has turned into an outlaw...beware my son!" He turned his head to gaze into his son's eyes, as his own were glazing over, and then his father was no more.

He thought of his father's words as he contemplated his beautiful wife. On this day he would have to tell her that on the morrow he would have to leave her side in order to ride against the very man his father had warned him about. Nefarious and his horde of outlaws had been pillaging the lands bordering his domain as reports had it. On the fore night, a rider had ridden into the castle with the report that his lands had been invaded, and the thieves had raped scores of women, and had killed several of his workers on the farthest reaches of his domain.

The hall was an impressive home where men and women lived and loved and worked, when she had been a young girl and been brought here while traveling with her Father because he was a sworn sword bother of the previous Lord, she was thrilled to go. She was the second daughter of many daughters and when she had seen Eric at her young age of 7 she had sworn she would make him her husband. He had been 10 and already tall with thick locks of black hair and the bluest eyes. The frequent training and the mock raids and battles had been fun to watch, and sometimes when no one was around she was grab one of the wooden swords and pretend to do battle as well. Her father had swatted her once when he found her playing with 'men's' things as he had called it, but she just did it in more secret. She even carried a small dagger on her thigh which she had told Eric was for her medical herbs when she was making the cure for those sick in the hall. She didn't think he believed her one bit.

She lay there beside her husband, her champion, her dream he was her everything and she loved him beyond life itself. The hall had been finally settled he was home again from being gone on his frequent hunt for raiders and their ilk. the borders of the land where well patrolled, but as lord of Blackthorn Eric always had felt it his duty to be hands on with all of the men, women and children that were his subjects. But when he came home it was always the same, he would swoop in and gather her in his arms and take her away to their rooms and spend hours making love to her. She always found it funny he never came in smelling of sweat and leather and horses and men, He would bath in a spring near tot he hall, so he wouldn't have to wait to take her. That love making had brought forth to beautiful children and ebon haired male heir to his father's lands, and a crimson haired lass like her mother that had her father wrapped around her finger.

Isabelle rolled over in her sleep and she curled up against her beloved husband and sighed softly he was home and she could finally sleep, the dreams wouldn't come when he was home. Long flowing red curls cascaded alog his chest and her body covering her delicately pale skin. She was proud of her mane of hair and the pains she took to keep her skin soft and supple and no freckles in sight, Eric often teased her about her hair how he would be able to see her for miles with her hair as the beacon for him.

He felt her stirring, waking from her sleep, gently he put his nose to her lovely neck and kissed her softly breathing in her perfume of youth. How he loved her when he would ride into the castle, and she would step out to greet him. From a distance it seemed as if her hair was on fire, it never failed to add splendor to the day or to the night as it gleaned in the light of the bedroom candles. There was not another woman as beautiful as she in all of the land. She had captivated his heart as a child, now she captivated his heart, his soul, and his body as a man. Nibbling on her ear he whispered....."I love you m'lady." He picked up her hand, soft to his touch, her creamy white skin was as alabaster, compared in likeness to marble statues.

The room was lit with a few candles and the fireplace danced with the flickering light casting shadows along the lengths of the bed. Isabelle stirred when he nuzzled her neck, her hand slid along his chest and she pressed up closer to his length her thigh moving along his hips and she sighed sleepily," and I you m'lord, with every breath." She lifted her head and she sighed softly and then nuzzled her forehead along is own as she slowly open her eyes the steel grey color of a stormy dawn lit along his face as she smiled.

The year Eric had come to claim her as his bride, men had come from miles and miles away having heard of the red hair daughters of Lord Ulrich. Being the second daughter she was to marry of course after the first, and so on down the line 5 daughters all to be married. She had been plagued by her sister s to marry each of them begging her to chose the an for her, but she had chosen it was to be Eric of Blackthorn. Her father had growled at her," he isn't coming I will wed you off within the year." HE had always liked Eric, but he was being plagued by his wife to marry off the girl's it was time for them to move off to their own families. She didn't dare write but she had prayed every night for a fortnight after her father's proclamation, and Eric had finally come.

He had come forth to her father and had made claim to her, " I want your daughter the Lady Isabelle," he had been strong and forceful and had shaken his head when her father offered the dowry," nay she is worth all that you could give me in gold or clothing of furniture. Keep it for your other daughters, she is all that I need." Her father had insisted that they be married at the Ulrich castle and they be feted and bedded there before she was allowed to go to her husband's new lands.

She still couldn't believe after 5 years she was his, She slid her hands along his bare chest and she slid her lips along his own as they lay in the cavernous bed and she whispered against his skin," will you again..." she blushed in the fire light and she swallowed," make love to me?"

Such a tender woman was ever born as this one, she was his soul mate, his everything. He remembered well how gentle he had been on their wedding night, she was impeccable, immaculate. It was customary for men to ravage their wives or lovers to feel they were in control, but when a man adores a woman he is gentle with her, as if she were a roses petal. "Good morning my morning star, my eternal sunshine." He reached down and kissed her lips sweet as the nectar of the sweetest flower. "Make love to me," she whispered in his ear. Her soft hand reached up and touched his face. He could see the love, and the desire she had for him.

Seldom in life does a man find a woman with whom he joins with in marriage, that provokes such desire such feelings of need within that every time they join the feeling surpasses that of the simple act of making love, it is the feeling of wanting to draw her into his body in order to satiate the need the love that is felt for her.

"Make love to you m'lady?" indeed it is always my honor. As their lips touched his eyes were open taking in the beautiful features of her lovely face, each facet of her he took in as if recording in his mind a painting that would be etched in his mind for an eternity. Surely if heaven were possible on earth, this had to be it for the two of them. He thought of Marlena of Blackthorn, his daughter how she had inherited his mother's beauty and his strong character, how he loved her. He thought of his son little Eric of Blackthorn, he would grow up to be strong, and agile already scarcely two and he would ride his wooden horse with sword in hand as he had seen his father on many occasions.

He saw how her eyes finally closed as she yielded her lips to his. A bolt of emotion shot through his body and his reaction was instant. He encircled her waist with his right arm and drew her close to him, he could feel her large breasts press against his chest. His hand ran the length of her body as if absorbing every feature, every curve. 'How could a man touch such a delicate fruit without bruising her?' he wondered, as he started to gently disrobe her from her silk sleeping robe that she love so much.

Her kiss was like fire, like a burning hot ember that touched his lips. He could feel her body trembling with anticipation, he was more than ready for her, as was his swollen member raging to be released, to be one with her, yet he held back savoring her sweetness. He kissed her lips, her face, her beautiful eyes that were only for him. Back to her lips, trailing down to her lovely neck line, he would kiss and flick with his tongue. Her lovely ears he would travel his mouth completely over them caressing them with his tongue, sending chills through her body that regarles of which side he was on, would make that intire side of her body get goose bumps.

Her breasts were full, not two years before she still fed little Eric, and her mother's milk still flowed in small quantities, but now were all for him. He could feel her nipples hard like rocks and now they were exposed for him as he kissed and suckled her beautiful nipples. Her silk garment slipped off of her nude body completely revealing her exquisite form. Her breathing started to pick up. He could feel her heart beating faster, increasing its tempo, preparing her body for what was to come.

Her breath caught as his hands and his mouth began to move at once, the slow sensual caresses from a man who had known battles and wars. His hands were calloused and rough but along her skin it felt wonderful, she moved and shifted as the silk garment began to fall away from her skin. Her eyes slid closed and a low soft moan escaped her lips as he took control and began to make her his once more.

Her head lifted exposing the long line of her throat and she sighed softly, her body was his instrument and he was a master at its playing. The hot trail of kisses and nibbles and licks sent her body to tingling and to blushing, she didn't think any woman alive was as lucky as she was or could ever be. His arms holding her close to him felt like bands of steel and she reveled in the hot kiss that singed her tongue and made her melt into his form. When the kiss ended and his head traveled lower she shifted and moved offer her full breasts to his mouth. The first tug of his mouth on the sensitive nubs drew a sharp gasp from her lips. The small amounts of milk still left where soon released and she growled softly having felt the tug all the way to her loins.

Even as he pleasured her breasts and continued to feed form her she slowly spread her thighs to straddle his waist, her heated core caressed along his manhood and she felt his whole body shudder beneath her. Her hands rested on either side of his shoulders as she looked down at his face and his mouth still sealed to her flesh and she gasped gently," Oh yes Eric...." She loved watching him, enjoy seeing his hands and his mouth and his whole body used like such a fine machine. The fire that filled the pit was nothing like the fire that raged in her body as she felt the passion beginning to build, her fingers curled into claws and she dragged them along his arms as she pressed up closer to the man that had made his his wife and his lady,"I love you," she sighed softly.

He continued giving her breasts all of his attention, he felt her trembling as her breath became ragged. She was moaning and whispering his name, as he felt her nails raking across his back, over the many scars his body proudly displayed that spoke clearly of the exploits as a warrior and swordsman. Her womanhood was reaching up, trying to climb onto his extended phallus. He gently rolled her on her back, he was not yet ready to stop exploring her body, the body he knew like the back of his strong hands but yet hands that were so ever gentle with her.

Caressing her whole body his hand traveled her entire length, as she opened her legs, he continued his way down from her breasts. She was pushing her hair covered womanhood across his leg, now his stomach, then his chest as he left a trail of kisses down, down to the bottom of her belly button, and still further down to where her hairline began. The flaming red hairline he had came to adore as a very special part of her.

She was still partially on her right side as he gently rolled her over on her back, and positioned himself over her most sensitive part. His left hand was underneath her hips drawing her towards him...."mmmmmm!" he heard himself moan as her scent of want engulfed his senses....still he skipped the main and central point of her desire. Instead traveled to the bottom of her inner thighs first one and then the other, and started licking and kissing from the back of her knees back up to her most intimate part. He could see the wetness of her vagina weeping out of her and wetting her red hairs turning them a darker shade of red. His hand reached up and prepared her lips for his probing tongue as he slid further up even with her opening.

Helped by her lubricating wetness, he inserted his finger just inside of her opening as he placed his mouth over her womanhood, as his tongue danced, and licked, probed and tasted every inch of her, and continuing up until it settle over her engorged button of love, where he applied suction with his lips and at the same time his tongue danced and flicked on her swollen and engorged point of her excitement. Moving his head in rhythm to her movements, he could hardly contain himself as his throbbing member ached to feel the embrace of her love canal.

His massage with his finger on the rough spot just inside of her opening was nonstop, as he felt her shake and quiver with his every touch. He was looking for the gush of release he knew was not far off.

A laugh bubbled along her lips as she was rolled to her back and she gasped her body was on fire for him, the feel of him rubbing along the red curls at the apex of her thighs making her moan. The teasing sensations continued as her lips passed over her, to rest on her thigh and along the back of her knees. Her head dug back into the bed her body arcing up the emptiness needing to be filled and she moaned low in her throat.

Her hands slid to the bed covers and she gripped them as she felt the thick meaty finger slid up and into her waiting heat. The feel of the calloused finger filling her made her moan and her hips stilled and then slowly began to undulate feeling it slide along her most sensitive regions. The feel of his tongue penetrated the folds of her sex making her cry out her need and her fingers went to his thick black hair and curled into the mass of ebony hair,"Yes my Lord... o yes." her breathing stilled and she almost lost consciousness with her desire for more still. She could feel the explosion building and she rocked her hips up and down thrusting the finger in faster and deeper, squeezing her eyes shut as her voice echoed off the walls of the room,"Yes..... " The flood of her juices covered the digit rubbing along the sensitive spot inside her and his mouth and chin were soon coated in her essence as well. She froze in mid thrust the sensations so intense she wanted it not to stop even as time crawled over her body and slowly eased it away. Her breathing ragged her body slowly sinking back into the bed as she watched with heavy lidded eyes the man that could make her soar begin to crawl over her like a predator with his prey.

His eyes smoldered and she welcomed that hungry look of a man with his last meal,l his long muscular body hard body covered in a slight sheen of sweat glistened in the fire light. Her hands slid to his chest and she scraped her nails along the muscular expanse of his skin and licked her lips," m'Lord I think that perhaps I could sleep now," she teased him. She could feel the hard shaft of his cock prodding along her thigh and she pretended to close her eyes as she shifted a bit," aye you have completely worn me out." She peeked open one eye to see what his reaction would be and she bit her lower lip to hold back her laughter as she waited still.

The taste of her juices was exhilarating, he wanted to draw her into him so that he would never need again, how could he ever be without her. He felt her shudder as she reached the top. Her body was like a lyre and he was the minstrel making it play.

Again he started his way back up to her lips, licking, tasting, kissing. Once again her breasts were in his mouth, but now there was a more urgent need, the need to feel her around his pulsating member. To feel her wetness.

Cat-like he crept up until his pulsating manhood made contact with her opening and he gently slid into her. The feeling was almost to much as he struggled for some type of control, he finally managed and continued.

"Surely you jest my love, it is you who will have worn me out before this day and this eve have passed."

He felt himself sliding in, and being gripped by the walls of her insides, drawing him in sucking him in as he felt her reach up to meet his thrust. In he slid until the tip of his cock touched something deep inside of her and he could go no further. Slow rhythmical, in and out, round and round, from side to side. The wet sucking sounds produced by their union sounded like two lovers kissing wet loving kisses.

He looked into her eyes and reached up to caress her face. "I love you my love, you are everything to me." "Should anything ever happen to you I would die a mad man, with a broken heart."

He kissed her lips and felt her tongue enter his mouth tasting exploring.....

Even as she teased him her thighs had parted and welcomed his fleshy sword to press up and into her welcome sheath, and she tensed all over. The feeling of fullness made her eyes close and the sensations that never seemed to ease when he made love to her filled her mind and heart and soul once more. Her fingers moved to his shoulders and his neck and as his mouth claimed her she could taste herself there on his lips his tongue ands he moaned softly enjoying the feelings that he aroused in her body.

Her hips shifted her small body his for the taking and his claiming of her body always made her gasp with the need to breath. She wrapped her thighs about his hips as he seemed to finally start up that age old dance of the lovers. She tightened her muscles along his cock, thrusting against him and the rhythm increased as his mouth left her to claim her nipple once her her mind exploded into a brilliant array of colors and sensations. She fell over the precipice to float on a sea of ecstasy, that left her breathless and begging for more. Isabelle clung to her husband as she felt his hips thrust harder and faster now feeling him riding her for his own release.

The room tilted and she felt him haul her up to ride him astride, his hands at her hips lifted her effortless with each thrust into her body. The wild mane of her hair left them both in a crimson shower of gold and reds and coppers. She looked down at him as she scraped her nails along his chest and she reached to touch her body, he loved to watch her caress her body. The first time he had placed her own hand to her body she had felt naughty and she refused, but over time he had encouraged her more so that he could watch. He loved to watch her," Isabelle, you are my one true love and watching you touch your body makes me want you more each time I see it." He had said to her once in a long ago dark night.

The crescendo of drums exploded in his head, he was a man possessed, a man with no reason save that of fulfilling his bride to the best of his abilities. Poor the man that just rolls over on his bride without first bringing her to the pinnacle of desire.

His efforts in trying, engulfed the full extent of the large bed in which they lay.
She was on top, and then on the bottom, then on her side and then on the other, sometimes hanging on the side of the bed almost at the point of falling off, and then both righting themselves only to begin anew.

Thoughts of her came to his mind, when after a long days ride he had found time to bathe in the river that flowed lazily near the castle, and after arriving to their bed chamber he had found her with her legs open, tantalizing her most intimate part on her body, and beckoning him to join her as she was doing her best to show him that nothing was sacred when it came to him, her body was there for his taking morning, noon, or night. How her antics in this respect had served to drive him out of his mind with desire. He thought of her remark, "My Lord you are going to wear me out," and smiled.

The thought served to drive him further into giving her and himself pleasure. Like a madman possessed of all reason he continued. Slap, slap, slap, slap, the rhythm increased with his need a kaleidoscope of colors blazed through his minds eye, his feelings were no longer his, they belonged to her, to him in a mixture of possession the likes of which few if any would ever experience.

He felt his body succumb to his need as the flow of ecstasy flowed from the bottom of his feet up his legs and out of his cock. The eruption was like that of a long pent up pressure that finally released. The flow seemed endless, as he emptied himself in to her wanton love canal, his seed was deposited at the threshold of where it needed to be, only it seemed as if it came in buckets, in a torrential down pour that had no end.

"Ohhhhhhhhh....myyyyyyyyy..looooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeee!" "Taaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkke......iiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt!"

He covered her lips with his lips in a kiss that transcend time in all of its measure.
His pulsating cock still refused to give up its possession, as he felt her quivering, and shuddering, rising up to meet each and every one of his thrusting strokes.

The battlefield of love.....

The bed was a rumpled mess, the storm of Isabelle and Eric rampaged its shores and the depths of its centers and still the end was only the peak...

"Ohhhhhhhhh....myyyyyyyyy..looooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeee!" "Taaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkke......iiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt!"

And she did she took it all until nothing else could be given and the juices flowed along her thighs and his and she clung to him like a sail to the mast of a ship and her cry that filtered past her lip was a long keening cry that more then likely had been heard through most of the hall and beyond. The ebb of the feelings that slowly began to climb down off of her senses was a slow release one that she fought to keep, his love making always made her feel like the most beautiful woman in the world and there could never be another in his heart as she was.

Her breathing labored she reached up a slow easy smile sliding along her lips as she caressed his cheek and she looked into his eyes," never the same Eric, but always the same. " Her hair spread out along her body and she slowly moved to kiss his lips, the caress slow and gentle as she rubbed them softly. " I Will forever love you Eric, throughout time there is no love greater then the one I have for you."

Off in the corner of the room in the depths of the shadows a figure stood, had stood there watching the lovers sleep and never moved. The figure had watched them love, talk, fall asleep and love some more and still had never moved. The person that stood there had been watching them both for weeks and no one ever noticed, a evil glint filled the figure's eyes and it turned and was no more.

Isabelle never felt the malevolence of the creature that had just left the room, as she curled up with her husband and she thought of her children that he had given her and the hall that was her home. She stroked his chest as she smiled contentedly.

Totally spent, his member started to deflate until with the sound of a plop, it fell out of her. He moved over as she nestled in his arms. A glow of rouge showed on her glowing cheeks. Both perspiring trying to catch their breaths. He held her for what seemed an eternity. "I can never have my fill of you my love, it seems like the more you give me the more I want," he whispered softly in her ear. "Surely there is no other man in this whole world as fortunate as I for having such a treasure of a wife, and lover all in one." he kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Now I must check on the children, to see how they fared the night, and perhaps we can make a day of it, perhaps we can arrange a ride out in the country side, all of us together. I want to devote this day to just you and the children, for who knows what the morrow will bring." "Word came in from a rider just a fore night ago, that spoke of raids from Nefarious the Black and his horde, it would seem he has invaded our lands and is creating quite a stir." He did not want to tell her the specifics so as not to worry her. He omitted that the following day at first light he would have to leave to go round up the ruthless Nefarious.

He pecked her on her lips and reached for his robe. "I will check the nursery, by the time we take a cleansing bath, breakfast should be ready." He had a foreboding that the future would bring impending bad news. Nefarious was a man totally lacking any kind of scruples. Chivalry, and decency were non existent with him and he never stopped at nothing to get his way. He remembered his father's words......."Beware my son!"

He quickly went down the hall, and peeked in on the children, they were still sound asleep, The nanny was on her way up to check on them as well, when he met her.

"Good morning sire," she said as she curtsied. "Good morning to you too," he answered. "It would seem it is going to be a splendid day, I would like for you to ready your self and the children when they awake, and after breakfast lady Isabelle, myself and the children will go to the country side and perhaps we will eat outdoors under the shade of some shady tree somewhere. "As you wish sire, the children will be ready."

He instructed one of the guards to have the stable hand prepare the horses for the day's event.

He returned to the room where lady Isabelle was already enjoying her morning bath. He stepped into his bathing cubicle where a huge wooden tub was suspended from the rafters, simply by pulling a cord, water would pour out of little holes on the bottom of the tub. Quite an ingenious contraption. The cold water shocked his body, but it felt good and renewed his strength. Soap came in the form of an herbal root that when soaked in water it produced a lather that left a fragrant herbal smell. The insides of a wild squash when dried, created a sponge like scrub, that combined with the root soap left a body clean and exhilarated.

He dressed and strapped on his long sword, although they would have escorts he never felt at ease when his sword was more than an arms length away from him.

It took Isabelle a while longer to finish her bath but eventually she came out more radiant than ever. The chamber maids had done their duty and had already changed the sheets, and made the bed. He felt somewhat embarrassed for he knew that the evidence on the sheets spoke of a wild encounter. He was sure they probably elbowed one another and suppressed their giggles as they tidied up the bed.

Always more energy then any man required, he was always the first one to leave the room, Isabelle chuckled as she was told the order of the day. She shook her head and slipped naked fro the bed stretching her arms over her head as she moved her waist length hair thick and full flowed along her back and shoulders. She moved to the bathing closet Eric, had built for her, it was a small room with a constant flow of water that her had seen on one of his many travels. The maids who attended to her would have lit the fires that heated the water and she sighed softly as she stepped into the room filled with her lavender scents oils and perfumes all of the same smell.

Dipping into the tub she slid her hands along her body bathing and washing the nights loving from her body. she closed her eyes and dipped lower into the water and she took a deep soothing breath and then began her tender ministrations to bathing her body. The maids bathed her hair it was too long for one person to take care of, washing and rinsing the long mass actually didn't take as long as it used too. Finally dressed and hair in place she slipped into the clothing for riding the white palfrey that he had given to her the year before. She chuckled as she saw him standing there in his finest garment, still the old sword at his hip. it had been his father's and now was his own. As he looked at the bed she shook her head once more.

"Ya know they think you toss me about in that thing when you are here, that you tie me up in the covers and do horrible things to me." Her voice held the most serious note she could find and then she completely ruined it when she giggled. Her eyes met his and she gave him the sauciest wink and then turned and strode from the room heading for the hall itself. The nursery maids and the nanny soon trailed her and she reached down and picked up her son to carry with her, dark ebony hair so much like his father resting on her shoulder," good morning my most handsome male." She cooed to her soon and kissed his forehead.

The lady Adelle came bounding up to her mother," mother he didn't eat his food this morning, all he wanted was his sword and pony.." Isabelle chuckled at her darling daughter and she shook her head," Adelle you shouldn't be such a tattler. Your father is home and we are all going for a ride in the countryside and picnic."

The little red red haired darling squealed in delight and ran to her father to be picked up and waited for him to swing her around as he walked. Soon in the courtyard and everyone mounted, Isabelle rode beside her husband with the guards in front at the middle and to the back. She smiled at her husband as he gave the all out call and they were soon riding thought the countryside his lands, his people greeting him as they rode. the trees were filled with the fruits that would feed the hall and the people of the lands and workers were all about taking care to pick everything, the fields were being picked as well l vegetables and grains and the cows were growing fat. The lands was prospering and Isabelle and Eric rode along talking and laughing, everything was perfect.

Prior to departure he had gone out to the courtyard and spoke with the Guard Captain, Sir Frederick. "I need for you to be vigilant, Nefarious the Black and his horde have invaded our lands and are riding about raping and pillaging and killing innocent workers, I need for you to assemble the men for early departure on the morrow, we leave at first light. "I need for you to leave enough soldiers to repel any attack should one arise." "You will remain to bolster and command the troops for any emergency that might arise." "Remember that you will be defending my family and I will hold you accountable should anything happen to them."

"Yes sire!" "Your order will be carried out to the letter." He bowed his respect. "Your mount is ready sire." "Thank you Sir Frederick."

He turned to take the reins of his noble steed, a huge black stallion that was like a son to him. They had a special communion, where he at times acted independently in order to protect his master. Gently he reached up and checked the horse's bridle and reins visually inspecting every part of the head stall. He touched the great head of his horse and he responded with a soft nicker and rubbed his head on his shoulder. Next came the saddle, cinch, and girth straps. He made sure the saddle was not to tight nor too loose. A rider's life depended on that matter, he noticed the saddle was a little loose so he went up a notch on the cinch as he again moved the saddle until satisfied. He did the same for his lady's mount as well.

Finally they were on their way. "Oopppeennn...the...gaaatessss," came the order of the sentry at the gate. At which point the massive doors opened to allow them through.

As it was with his father the people admired and love him, for he ruled with fairness and compassion. Everyone they met would wave a greeting or bow and the ladies would courtesy.

The day was beautiful and they enjoyed the ride. The need for the wagon had been needless as both children much preferred to ride with their parents. Lady Isabelle had her twin in her saddle, except for her age she was a perfect copy of her lovely mother. "Where are we going papa?" "This is exciting, papa!" "I love you papa for bringing us!" "How soon before we stop to eat papa?" It was one question after another. He smiled and reached over and touched her little cheek. "We are going on a ride, and then we will camp by the river where the water fall is, and yes I'm very excited having your company, and that of little Eric's and mommy's. We will have a fine day. "Little Eric rode with him, excited in the adventure. The little wooden sword in his little belt, the two were inseparable. "Mm..papa!" as he would point to different things along the way, he was just as excited.

He looked over to Isabelle, and caught her eye admiring him. She never ceased to provoke a thought in his head. He thought of the love session they had earlier, and he knew he could not wait for the evening to fall. His only regret was that he would have to leave them in the wee hours of the morning. The scoundrel Nefarious had to be dealt with, and he was going to delight in making him pay.

They came to a huge water fall and he ordered the detail to set up camp. It was the most beautiful part of the river, the cascade falling down from the mountain resembled soft white hair flowing down until it met the earth with a crash. The water all around was crystal clear and inviting.

Lady Isabelle was amazed at the beauty of the area, but was afraid for the children to venture to close to the water. "They will be fine m'lady I am here to protect them and you, should you venture to deep." He played with them and showed them how to skip stones on the surface of the water, and showed them how to thread a worm on a hook, and how to set a small bladder on the string until the fish bit. Neither one of them was squeamish about handling a fat juicy worm, they would stick their little tongues out from the corner of their lips in the effort to hook the worm, he found that so amusing. The only thing they would not do was to take the fish off the hook. Soon the meals were prepared and they even ate a few of the fish they caught. "What a fine set of children you gave me m'lady," as he reached for and kissed her soft hand. "I couldn't be more proud of either one of them.

All in all it was a beautiful day. Soon came time to eat, and all to soon they had to start the journey back to the Hall of Blackthorn. As they rode he held Isabelle's hand, as they talked of different things, the clip clop of the horses hooves broke peacefulness of the day. This was his home, his future, his legacy to the world that at one time Lord and Lady Blackthorn had existed. His children would carry on as he had after his father, and his father's father before him.
Everything had a price however and it had to be defended. Such was his duty to come.

Isabelle had been brought up around horses and men all her life, it was a natural part of who she was and who had been her father and now her husband.But still it unnerved her when there were so many men, she knew the life the people lead wasn't always sun shining trips tot he waterfalls or picnics with their husbands.

She laughed and played with her children by the water falls still mindful that they were still only children, and danger s even near the water were ever present. The nanny and the nursemaids that helped her were always at hand when she called to them.

She had watched him all day the man that made her weak at the knees, she had left word back at the hall for all his favorite dishes to be made this night. It was to be a special treat for him she had done the same for him at every announcement she had had for him, tonight would be no different. She chuckled to herself glad she hadn't told him last night, for she had known she wouldn't have been allowed to ride out today. But she had needed it the time with him and the children, his time with the children was so precious to him. He loved them more then anything, and her for giving them to him.

The ride home later that day was a beautiful time the sun slowly bathing everything in the rich dark hues of purple and pink, gold and silver. She rode her palfrey next to the big black stallion her daughter cradled in her arms as they rode along in the peaceful countryside, she unaware that only a few hours tot he south rode the man that would hunted by her husband come the morrow. She leaned close and she kissed her daughter forehead as she was handed to the nursery maid to finish the ride in her arms and then moved closer to hold her husband's hand and they spoke of the hall and the things that needed to be done before the winter came.

As they arrived back at the hall she noticed a visual difference in the men as they in collective too a big sigh of relief, she wondered at that for a long moment missing the question Eric had posed to her. She blinked and laughed and looked up at him her eyes smiling as he lips curled up," aye m'Lord I had a wonderful day, and the night I hope will be even better."

They moved across the courtyard to the hall it self she could smell the fresh venison and the boars meat that had been cooked all day over the spits at the back of th kitchens. Her tummy growled in response the hot food awaiting them and she clung to his arm as she looked up at him," it is time to celebrate m'Lord... shall we dance and feat the night away?"

"Oooooooooppppppeeeennnnn the gaaaaaaaaaatesssssss!" came the familiar order that was given by the sentries and immediately acted upon by the gate keepers. The massive gates slowly creaked open for their arrival. The children were tired from a long day. They were both asleep lulled to sleep by the rocking motion of the horse. As they entered the smell of cooking was all over the courtyard, everyone would eat hearty tonight it would seem.

"It is time to celebrate m'Lord... shall we dance and feast the night away?"

"Sounds like a wonderful idea, it would seem preparations have already started," he smiled. "My beloved wouldn't have had a hand in this would she?" again he smiled as he handed little Eric to the nanny. Dismounting he moved over to help with his baby girl and gave her to the nanny's helper. He next helped his beloved off of the horse that she rode so well, he admired the fact that she sat, and handled the horse so well. It spoke volumes of the upbringing she had. He well remembered how no dare was to great for her as children, and she rode as well as anyone her age.

As he effortlessly helped her off the horse, he embraced her in is arms feeling the familiar tingle in his loins. He kissed her. "Yes we will celebrate tonight, most assuredly my love."

As the stable hand came to lead the horses away he patted the black on his neck. "Make sure he gets an extra portion of oats as I need him ready before the dawn." "It will be done sire," answered the stable hand, I will personally rub him down and he will be ready. "Make sure Lady Isabelle's mount also receive the same." "Yes sire."

Hand in hand they walked back to their chamber, he couldn't wait to be alone with his beloved. Already the dieing rays of the sun were sinking behind the hills in an array of gold and orange hues.

The hall rushes had been cleaned the day the men had all come home... great woven rugs of heather and hay making the halls smell fresh and clean. Isabelle had come to the hall as a bride were hall was strewn along the floor. Tapestries hung from the rafters along the walls to hold back the cold from the walls int he winter and in the summer the heat. She had learned that from her mother as a child.

She had made so many changes over the 5 years she had been mistress of the hall, one had been to get rid of Eric's Mistress, what a fight that had been. But she had understood, he had been a warrior of course but when she had come to the hall the first thing to go had been that hateful creature. Little did she know what had eventually happened to her.

The thoughts dispelled though as the lights brightened and the gaily lit hall, men and women were laughing and clapping as the Lord and Lady entered the hall.

Isabelle smiled brilliantly and she looked up to Eric and then leaned in close and she whispered something in his ear her voice soft as she spoke," My Lord you are to be a father again."

She waited for his reaction on a bated breath. the only other person that knew of her condition was her serving maid.

" My Lord you are to be a father again."

The din of the feast was obliterated, when he heard her words. Everything seemed to stop, save his beautiful wife who looked at him searching for a reaction from his eyes, or demeanor to the words she had just breathed in his ear.

Mesmerized he stood briefly, as the shock registered in his brain. "W-w-what did I just hear?" "Have these ears started to play tricks on me?" Did you just say I am to be a father again?"

Tenderly he took her into his arms, and kissed her. "I am to be a father again, what glorious news!" He hugged her to him in a love embrace. As all the people heard his exclamation and clapped. There would be a new addition to the Blackthorn family.
Truly life had been kind to him.

"That is wonderful, I only wished you had informed me this morn, as I would not have allowed you to ride." "That could have been bad for you, one never knows." "Now we can really have a feast, and drink and dance."

"I AM TO BE A FATHER ONCE MORE!!!" Again he proclaimed the good news to all the people present, and again a roar of approval could be heard, followed by cheering and clapping. People started to dance to the lively music being played.

He remembered the days of his earlier youth how his life had been the campaigns of war and dueling in order to keep interlopers from his father's lands. No longer able to ride, his father had left the policing of his lands totally up to him. He lived to fight. Never feeling comfortable leaving the defense to the sole responsibility of his captains, but would always take the lead. In short fighting had become his mistress how he loved it.

When he finally married Isabelle, how she had struggled to keep him closer to the Hall. At first it seemed like a losing battle for her, but when the children started to come, he realized that now he needed to stay close to his family, but still the urge was always there. Now he had to go out once more to drive the enemy out of his domain or perish trying. He had complete faith in his army and the leadership of his captains, but he was not one to stay away from the fray when it came, and now it was here.

The children had been taken to their bed chambers after having supped, he wanted to say good bye and to kiss them one more time as he would not return for perhaps weeks.
He touched Isabelle's cheek with his hand. "My beloved, I have to depart from Blackthorn before the dawn, in search of Nefarious as he has been pillaging the country side." "This is something I must do, but first I would like to go see our children, I would like to go bid them farewell."

Arm in arm they entered the Hall to the nursery where both of them were preparing for bed. As they entered both children ran to him and hugged him. "Thank you for a wonderful day papa!" "We have never had so much fun."

He picked both up in his strong arms and kissed and hugged them both. "I need to tell you both that I will be leaving before the dawn, and perhaps will be gone for a few days. "Where are you going papa?" "Please take us with you!" "I will be going to find a bad man and bring him to justice." Mmmmmm papa!" proclaimed little Eric waving his wooden sword around. Laughing he held the little boy even tighter in his arms. "I would have you fight by my side, but I need for you to remain behind and take care of your sister and your mother!" The little boy nodded as if he understood what was being asked of him. He kissed and hugged them both and with a last farewell, he and Isabelle returned to the feast for a while of glee to celebrate the good new that had been given to him by his beloved.

The uproar in the hall was thunderous, the applause and all of the shouting, made the hall echo. She was surprised the children would even be able to sleep in the raucous hollering. But soon as the sound level dropped she smiled and looked up at him, until she heard his news. The light faded a bit and she bit her lower lip and then quickly looked away so no one else would see that she didn't like the news he had to offer of his own. She had known he would need to go, but so soon.

She pasted on a smile, she wouldn't fight with him as much as she wanted to she would never send him from the hall on an angry note. She had come to terms with his raiding and fighting as best she could, but nothing stopped her from pacing the ramparts for hours and days on end watching the direction he would be coming from, waiting.

As she walked with him to the top of the hall and then down one of the long corridors she held his hand until they reached the nursery and she stepped back allowing him to have the time with the children he wanted to have, this was his time. She smiled to the nanny and then nursemaids who always seemed to take care of the children's every need with no hint of malice of dislike of their stations. Always the sunny disposition and she knew she had a gem in all of the nursery staff, even with their lives they would guard the children.

The farewell of the children had taken about and hour of the time before they would return to the hall to begin the celebration that had turned into a farewell dinner, fore he was to leave on the morrow. She sat at the head table above the salt with him and she smiled and attended to him, placing the meat from a tray on his plate filling his goblet herself. The servants knew better then to take that task from her and she did it with all her love and devotion to him. The feast went on for more then 3 hours and it was gone past 9 in the evening when the men and women began to show the signs of tiredness, and Eric and Isabelle left the hall to head to their room.

******************************MEANWHILE****************************​

A lone figure slipped from the hall and danced along in the shadows on soundless feet. The eyes of the person glittered with hatred and jealousy of a woman that had taken it all from her. She moved through the shadows and out a side gate in the wall, the guard there never saw her or stopped her, he was dead.

She slipped up onto the waiting horse and she rode it hard for 10 or 15 miles skittering to a stop outside a small inn that music danced and lights lit the small dingy windows. Sweeping back her cape the woman stepped into the pool of light and her hood hiding her features she looked to the man that greeted her and she dropped a few silver coins i his palm," Where is he?" She spoke softly and looked around.

The man hefted the coins and he nodded to the back of the tavern," 'e is at the back an 'e hae been waitin' fer ye a long time wench." She growled slightly and slipped past the feral looking man and moved to the back of the tavern unmolested and she knocked t the door, her hood still tucked low over her brow. " ENTER!" was called from the other side of the room and she slipped into the small alcoved off room that seemed to small for the barrel of a man that sat at the table.

"Well wench, what did ye call me from my room fer that ye needed so badly to see me," she swilled a bit of the grog he was drinking and then wiped the back of his hand along his lips. "I have some news you might be interested in...." She purred it softly and then dropped the hood back from her face. She was a tall still beautiful woman, long thick ebony hair that curled to her waist spilled out along her shoulders and dangled to her waist. Crystal blue eyes glittered with something not human and she lifted her chin the smile along her lips unkind. " Lord Black thorn will be leaving his hall to head south to look for you on the morrow, If you get word to y our men you can double back behind him and take his hall, he isn't leaving many behind thinking you will be ahead of him. If you strike hard and fast you will have 3 days to play in his home while he looks fruitlessly for you. I ask only one thing of you, and that is do not leave anyone alive." She dropped two heavy purses on the table and the strap fall off revealing at least a 100 gold coins in one pouch, "half up front... the other when you are done."

The barrel chested man rubbed his jaw looking at the gold and then eyed the beautiful wench before him," and why would you want to harm his kin and people? What has he done to you?" The woman lofted a brow and crossed her arms over her chest," my concern and none of yours," will you do this.. .or nay?" The man placed the tankard on the table and then rose, Nefarious was a large man about the same size as Eric and were Eric was polished and handsome, nefarious had a rugged look to him that made him seem more dangerous then most men. " aye, but first..." she grabbed for her and dragged her up to his chest and kissed her soundly on the lips. His eyes glittered and he slowly lifted his head as he looked into her eyes," And you will be part of the final payment." Releasing her, he strode from the room, never realizing he had just sealed his own fate.

The night had reached its climax, and everyone began to filter out one by one. He had alerted the Captain to insure that the men would be ready to ride out before dawn.

He called for his squire. "Yes sire!" "Have my black leather armor ready, I will not weigh down my steed with heavy armor, this should not be a difficult battle!"
"Right away sire!" "We will move out before the dawn." The squire bowed and backed away. He knew all to well what his job entailed. The shiny black armor with the crest of Blackthorn engraved with gold red and black would shine like a beacon from a distance. How he loved his lord, he hoped that fate would not be unkind and would let him return victorious as always.

He and Isabelle made their way to their chamber, somehow he felt uneasy like a foreboding of some sort plagued the back of his mind. Enough man power would be left behind to defend against a full frontal attack. The walls all around were massive and could not be scaled, therefore what ever came if it came at all would have to be from the front, where it would be defended by archers, and ballista alike.

Nefarious did not have an army, according to the last report, his strength came from a disorganized horde of vermin made up of thieves and sots that were no match for his well trained soldiers......Still a sense of unease plagued him.

As they entered their chamber he took her into his arms. "Thank you my bride for the festivities of the eve, but most of all thank you for the wonderful news you have given my heart, I can't wait to see what the child will be, a strong boy or another beautiful little girl that will be your second picture." He kissed her tenderly and made his way to the shower cubicle to wash the day's activities off of his body before he retired for a night of loving, only now it would have to be done with more care.

All to soon the night passed, and the first cocks had announced the coming of day. He always marveled at how they knew the day was coming when it was still pitch black outside. He did not have the heart to awaken his beloved, she had orgasmed many times the prior eve, and she slept the fitful sleep only a well sated woman sleeps. He reached down and kissed her forehead with a whispered I love you.

At the armory the squire was already up and began attending to the donning of the armor. Belts, buckles, and straps all had to be secured, in the mean time the black was brought around. He had his favorite sword by his side, a well balance sword with a keen edge that could cut two men in half with regular armor in one stroke.
He chose the next favorite as a backup, this he put into the sheath of the saddle scabbard.

Black helmet with a red plume was last, and his shield also with the Blackthorn crest. "Captain Frederick!" "Yes sire!" came the reply. "Are the men ready?" "They are sire!" again came the assured reply. Spurs jingling on the cobble stones he walked up to the Captain.

We will be riding south as the next big area they will hit will be the southern outskirts, there I will intercept Nefarious and put an end to his treachery.
"Yes sire!" Half of my force I will leave behind under your command, should anything arise you send a rider to look for me, is that clear?" "Further more I want double guards at every post until my return....and Captain, the welfare of my family is in your capable hands, do not let any harm befall them!" "I will guard them with my life sire, count on that!"

Moving to his mount he rocked the saddle and check all the straps, satisfied he mounted. At the bottom of the courtyard the long column of soldiers were mounted and waiting. The neighing and pawing of the horses could be heard against the cobble stone. Snorting their protest against being made to work at such an early hour. Three lines of horses, three hundred strong faced him as they always did before the ride.

"Men!" "Today we will ride in defense of these lands!" "Lands that have given us so much!" "Lands where our dead have been buried, and their blood spilled in defense of the same!" "Today we will meet the enemy in his element, but we have an edge!" "They are not as well trained in battle as you!" "Because of the fact, we will all come home to our brides and families and live to feast and drink another day!"
Pulling out his sword he gave the order. "TO THE FRAY, LET NO MAN BE SHAMED THIS DAY!" "TO THE FRAY!!!" Came the answer from all the men, which made the walls of the courtyard reverberate with their voice in unison.

He turned and started for the gate. "OOOOOPPPPPENNNN...THE....GAAAAATEEESS!"
Came the order from the gate sentries. "FAAACCCCEE...RIIIIIGGGGHHHTTTTT!"
Came the order from the marching Captains. Three hundred horses all turned right in unison. "FOOORRRREEEWWWARRRDDD MAAAAAARRRRCCCCCCHHHHHH!"

Three columns of horses marched out, sparks would glint like fireflies from the steel on the horse's hooves. Finally they all left and only the distant rumble could be heard as the ground trembled under the weight of the horses, then all was quiet in Blackthorn Hall.

His trust in Sir Frederick was absolute, he had no reason to mistrust anyone that he had left behind, if that had been the case he himself would not have ventured forth. Still....he could not shake the feeling of foreboding from his mind.

Two days out and one more days ride to the southern most edge of his lands, he came upon a huge swath of horse tracks as far as the eye could see. All going in the same direction, west. Wagons had brought up the rear probably laden with rations for men and horses, as indicated by the deep ruts they had left behind.

A cold feeling ran through his body. He had underestimated his foe. He had been riding south thinking of intercepting Nefarious there, when all the while the target had been his own castle. Still there was no need to panic, it was well guarded. Three hundred men could fend off, an army two thousand strong. The walls were well fortified, impenetrable. Still he had been outfoxed.

He would not follow the tracks, he knew perfectly well where they would lead. They would go west for a days ride and then turn north. North to Blackthorn, north to where beloved family would be scared and fearing for their lives once word had gotten out.

Nefarious was astute, he had not achieved his rank as commander by being weak or stupid. Since the times he had jousted with Blackthorn he had developed a black hatred for him. Not only had he been bested by him in battle, but he had also been shamed before the eyes of Isabelle, the bitch would have preferred Blackthorn even if he had lost so he hated them both. He had vowed revenge on them both and on this day he would get it.

"Kill everyone inside!" the bitch in black had said. He knew that meant women and children alike. The bags of gold that had been given him, were heavy, and he knew there would be more. He laughed at the thought that not only was he going to exact revenge on Blackthorn, but he was going to fuck the shit out of Blackthorn's wife, and then he would kill her along with Blackthorn's brood. Then there was the extra money to be looted. He knew there had to be a treasury inside the castle somewhere, and before he finished someone would gladly tell him where it was.

He laughed out loud to think that from a no body, he would now be a respected wealthy man. He was almost at the castle, just inside the line of trees that were facing the castle. The distance of about four flights of an arrow at full draw.

"You there!" he barked at one of his cohorts. I want you to ride up to the castle entrance and demand to be let in. "Who meee!" answered the scared man. "I'll be cut down where I stand!" he protested. "I'll cut you down where you stand if you don't go!" barked Nefarious. The man knew his fate was sealed either way so he rode his mount as hard as he could to the entrance of the castle.

"That bitch better well have done her work, or she is going to pay, gold or no gold!"
he thought.
The creature had done her work well, like smoke in the shadows she had tainted the drinking water for the soldiers, with a sleeping concoction. They would fall asleep from a deep sleep they would never awaken from. If only that imbecile Nefarious would do his work right. With sneer on her face she knew what awaited him when all was said and done.

Half of the men did not report for duty, when their turn came, they were snoring away in the barracks, and the other half were asleep at their posts. The commander was the only one that had not drank from the tainted tank, and was going around yelling and kicking the men trying to wake them up.

The last thing were the gates, with her strength it took but a mere shove and the huge retaining beam was freed from its latch. The rest was up to that worthless piece of flesh they called Nefarious.

When the rider approached the gates and demanded to be let in, there was no response. Nefarious gave the order to march and at a gallop they rushed the gate.
Yelling and screaming they rode. The thunder of the hooves of the horses could be heard for a great distance. One thousand strong he outnumbered the units inside as well as the ones in the field.

In they rode at a run combing the walls, searching every nook and cranny where a soldier might be posted and doing their grizzly work. Captain Frederick ran to the Great Hall followed by the screaming hoard. He ran up the stairs and got the children out of the nursery and ran with them to the main chamber where Lady Isabelle was.

"LADY ISABELLE, TAKE THE CHILDREN AND LOCK THE DOOR BEHIND ME, BARRICADE IT WITH WHAT YOU CAN, YOUR LIVES ARE IN DANGER, WE HAVE BEEN OVERRUN BLACKTHORN HAS FALLEN!!!"

Lady Blackthorn quickly bolted the great door, and moved what pieces of heavy furniture she could behind the door, as she did so she felt a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. Still she piled what she could then ran to her scared children who were crying and yelling for their father to come to the rescue.

Halfway back to the castle, his horse was starting to play out, completely lathered and blowing, but would not quit. still he pushed him on.
"Come big fellow, carry me this one last time." he told him as he patted his great neck. In the distance his sharp eyes saw the faint sign of a cloud of dust approaching in their direction. He reined the black to a halt, blowing and gasping for air the black made two perfect parallel lines as his back feet slid them to a stop.

He was to late, the horde was returning, from the direction of Blackthorn, it only meant one thing, Blackthorn had fallen. In the distance he saw an endless line of cavalry. As of yet his men had not been detected yet. The element of surprise was still with him. They had to ride through a narrow valley that offered shelter behind rocks where archers could fire but not be fired upon from below.

Quickly he separated his men into what resembles a v. Two hundred archers lined the two hill sides and the remaining waited at the far end of the pass.

As the columns of horses entered they were almost at the end when the alarm sounded. "IT'S A TRAP, FALL BACK NEFARIOUS BELLOWED!!!"

To late, archers fire, two hundred arrows flew through the air at the same making a sound as if the air was being sliced. Each found a mark, horses and men went down alike screaming their pain.

"ARCHERS KNOCK!!" came the command to the hill side warriors. "Reeleeaassse!!"
Again the arrows flew through the air. "SHIELDS UUUUPPPPPP!!!!" Belowed Nefarious. Some arrows found a mark, most of them bounced or stuck into the shields of the horde. "Dismount and fight!!!" Yelled Nefarious.
Throngs of men dismounted and rushed the soldiers posted on the hill tops. Blackthorn archers kept firing until they were out of arrows disseminating a score more of the horde. Finally they had no choice but to draw steel. Now it was hand to hand.

Eric saw Nefarious from a distance and fought his way to him. When they were face to face Nefarious scoffed at Eric. "You are to late Blackthorn, there is no more Hall of Blackthorn!" I have killed everyone inside, including your brood!! "I fucked your wife over and over, and she begged me not to stop even though she was bleeding like a bloody virgin, that's how much she liked it!! Your brood I killed personally, we don't want your name around these parts anymore!"
"Now it's your turn!" "I should have brought your bitch's head so I could stick it on a pole along with yours!!"

Eric fought his way towards him. The weight of the words he had been told threatened to send his body into shock. As if he were in a haze he tore through the veil of sanity. Slashing and thrusting he came. First one opponent then two then four, until a score of men had fallen from his thirsty sword never to rise again.

The pass ran with a river of blood. Yelling and screaming men went down. His soldiers were now fighting for their very lives as the insurmountable force of men kept coming. The black stallion was a credit to his kind, biting, pawing, and kicking opponents he opened his way until he was within a few feet of Nefarious. The horse Nefarious was riding lost his footing and fell hard. In one motion Nefarious rolled agile like a cat, and jumped to his feet. His horse regained his footing but went off limping with a broken front leg.

Eric dismounted, he had to face this murderer on a one to one, from this place only one would leave or both would die. In a whirl both swords met, sending sparks in the air. Like two fiends they fought, slashing at each other with abandon. The sneer on the face of Nefarious looked diabolical, as he fought. Taunting Eric trying to weaken him more mentally he said. "Your small lass was real good too!" "She was really tight!"

Deep down from the inner soul Eric dug for strength, he brought all of his training and experience to bear, as he went for the killing blow, he stumbled on a dead corpse, and was barely able to parry the blow which would have taken his head off. At the same time he turned and brought up his sword catching Nefarious's sword arm at the armpit. With all of his power he brought the sword up. Nefarious let a blood curdling scream.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAHHHHGGGGGGGG!"
His total arm sword and all flew into the air about twenty feet. Eric knew Nefarious was finished. He tried to go for the killing blow, but was prevented by the throng of fighters still left.

One by one they fell, his soldiers along with members of the horde. His black gallant horse bloodied and slashed still fought bravely further decimating the horde.
The screams of the dying and the sickening smell of the blood, was over powering.
Still he fought on. To the last man his soldiers fought bravely, and the horde for not having the training that a soldier would have held their own also to the last man. The last four rushed at Eric like demons foaming at the mouth. One by one they met their end at the edge of his sword. Until there was only silence, and stench. Smoldering bodies from the fire arrows, and the smell of burnt flesh was everywhere.

His body slashed and torn Eric stumbled towards his horse and remounted and turned his head towards Blackthorn Hall. Still bleeding from his many wounds he arrived and painfully dismounted. The buzzing of green flies feeding on the dead had already laid maggots, the smell was unbearable. Slowly and painfully he made his way back in the direction of his bed chamber. His eyes could scarcely believe what they saw. His beloved wife and children were piled on top of one another in a corner of the room. The body of his little boy still clutching his wooden sword. Through tears he grabbed one and then the other and held them to his chest.

His beloved wife had a dark stain of blood between her legs, and blood on her finger nails as she had fought her attacker, but her body was minus her head. He found her head laying a few paces from her body. Her blood soaked red hair in total contrast with caked blood that now covered it.

He picked up her head and looked at it, shaking like a mad man he tried putting it back on her cold body. Trembling and in shock he picked his bloody hands and arms up as if reaching to a higher power. In a scream that could be heard to the courtyard and well into the forest he vented.

"NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Sobs racked his whole being. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHNOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!"
Again he would look up foam was forming in his mouth, where he was starting to go mad. "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!"
he asked over and over.

It seemed like days before he was able to move, his eyes blood shot, and swollen tears would no longer flow. In shock and mindless of his own injuries one by one he took their bodies to the cemetery where his father was buried and dug a grave as best as he could. He arranged their bodies one on either side of his beloved wife tenderly before he placed her head back where it belonged, he brought her lips to his giving her a last kiss. He didn't care that putrification had already started, she was his beloved and no one was going to stop him. Again his body was racked with spasms of crying and screaming.

With the last of his strength, he covered them up with the soft earth that would one day cover him also.

He looked around trying to fathom what had happened no soldiers were about as if there were no defenders. He went back inside and found the body of Sir Frederick in front of his bed chamber, several of the horde had tasted his sword before he fell.
He had kept his word. "I will defend them with my life!" he had said. Stumbling with his weight he took Sir Frederick's body out to the cemetery and buried him next to his family. Having completed he staggered out to the barracks, in a daze he saw how all of the soldiers had been killed laying down. 'What madness was this?'..no one put up a fight as if they were dead or asleep. Some one had a hand on this from the inside.

Anger and grief gripped him, tears of agony streamed down his face once more. Like a ghost he walked out to the courtyard once more. He mounted his faithful steed, and a walk, left Blackthorn Hall never to return. Eric remembered Nefarious had fallen, blood was shooting out of his body like a geyser. He didn't remember giving him the death blow he so richly deserved. Slowly he rode well into the night.
Until he came to the battle ground, he lit a torch and searched and searched but there was no sign of Nefarious's body. He unsaddled his horse, and waited for the dawn to come. He heard the wild animals fighting for the scraps of meat they were taking from the dead. Thirteen hundred had fallen so there would be plenty for all.

Nefarious had fallen, he felt the searing pain that had been inflicted by his foe. Once more he had been bested, only this time at the cost of his arm. He knew if he didn't act he would be a dead man in no time. He struggled to his feet and found a burning arrow and yanked it out of the corpse and applied it to his open wound.
A long scream of agony filled the pass. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!"
Then there was blackness, no more pain, no more agony. Only the stillness of the coming evening as he passed out. Later on he awoke and and made his way into the forest and into the night.

When daylight arrive Eric arose like a spirit floating across the battle field, one by one he checked for the face that he was searching for to no avail, Nefarious was not among them. "ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Seething anger gripped him as he turned to his horse and removed his bridle. Eric turned and melted into the forest. Days stretched into weeks, weeks into months. He didn't care about anything or anyone anymore. He fed on plants and small animals he was able to kill laughing at times at others crying like a baby. Such was his life. His unkempt clothing and ragged beard were in sharp contrast to the man that he once was. Until one night he was leaning against a tree, with sword in hand waving it against an imaginary opponent, totally unaware of a set of eyes looking at him, the eyes of a creature totally alien to him. Like a ghost hardly putting her feet on the ground she stood in front of him.

The whole night through Eric had made love to her, it seemed for hours before he finally was exhausted and allowed her to fall into a deep slumbering sleep. She had not even gotten to hear him whisper his tender farewell she was so tired. She had finally awaken hours after he had left and she had thrown on the night robe hair unbound and ran to the ramparts. The columns were long gone and her love with them. She hugged herself, something didn't feel right and yet, she couldn't fathom the nights work that would lead them to their doom.

Always the first day without him was spent tearing the room apart cleaning it from top to bottom, she was left alone for this. The maids never bothered her, and she had known her limits and she took the breaks she needed. It was a clearing of the mind and to keep herself occupied not having to worry for his welfare, food was brought and eaten grudgingly only because of the child she had growing inside her. hands would go to her stomach that was soon to grow round with her babe and she stood on the ramparts watching the sun set on the first day of his departure.

She knew she wouldn't see him, but she still looked. The room had been set to right hours ago and the hall was soon beginning to settle down for the night, the fires were laid but unlit in most of the rooms except the nursery and her own rooms. The main hall would not be used again, until he returned. Sir Frederick came tot he top of the ramparts and stood guard with her there, She knew she was being unfair to him, but how could she not stand there and wait for him. She left long enough to check on the children, gather them to her heart and kiss them both a good night. She hugged them tightly her beloved's world all in a circle.

She went back to her room, but not to sleep, she never slept much while he was gone, the bed just wasn't as inviting with him gone. She worked on a tapestry she had been working on since their daughter had been born, she was going to present it to her on her fifth birthday. It had unicorns and fairies frolicking on the meadows, and the resemblance of a red haired child dancing with white wings amongst them.

Near to hand was her ever faithful Magda, her own maid that had been with her since she was a child and would always be by her side, " he will return my pet, He always returns to you." The older woman smiled and folded the clothing she had brought out for the babe, gowns of every color brought out to be cleaned and aired out."Besides he has something to return for, he is going to be a father again," Magda chuckled and she shook her head.

A wind swept the room and several candles dimmed and a hush fell about the room. The older woman crossed herself and she growled a bit as she moved to relight the candles once more as she moved about the room she stepped on something and she screamed. " Its a dead rat..." she trailed off and she looked to Isabelle," didn't you clean this room today child?" Isabelle rose to her feet and she looked concerned," where did that come from? GUARDS!" She hollered and she moved to the bell pull as well yanking it several times.

Men instantly appeared,"Who was just in my room, who placed this dead rat here?" A maid skittered in and she slid to a stop looking about,' madam?' She looked about anxiously the men all about made the girl nervous and she looked at the dead carcass and screamed herself and then looked about," I didn't do it madam... I swear.." Isabelle growled," no girl I didn't think you did get rid of it..." she looked to the guards awaiting and answer," well? who was outside.." The men looked perplexed, " nay none ma'am... none has past us this night except you and the old one there." They indicated Magda and then Isabelle felt a cold shiver run up her spine as she watched the maid move the dead rat and begin to take it away, " no blood...." she looked to Magda," it looked like it had been wrung dry...." she trailed off and hugged her body and then said," double the guard, on this room and my children."

The men nodded and moved from the room as Isabelle moved to the window that over looked the fields, rain was pouring and rivulets of the liquid made everything seem eerie, she hadn't realized it was raining. The room was filled with light as lightening flashed, she jumped as she saw the face of a woman in the window and she shook herself," ghosts, how could anyone be there, there was no ledge." She had mumbled to herself but still she drew the tapestry over the window and walked to her alcove were a small bed was laid out for her and Magda, and she soon had a fitful sleep.

Back