I'm disappointed because of my atheism

Is there a limit to how many I have the right to open before I get banned? Come to think of it, was that the reason I got banned on the other forums? Had I opened too many threads?
Deleted this thread from my watch list; enough depressing things in life as it is...

Oh for the love of Pete.. Stop worrying about it..

If there is an afterlife, in whatever form that may be, you'll find out about it soon enough.

How you feel about all that is up to you..

If there isn't an afterlife?

Then you cease to exist and you'll have no awareness of it. End of story.

There's no easy answer here other than welcome to the human condition. Make the best of it..

Jesus H. Christ, John, you are either the world's most persistent troll (and not a particularly good one at that) or you're completely nuts. No, I don't think the number of threads will get you banned. Although you could try an experiment and open a couple hundred of them and see what happens. You got anything better to do?…
Let’s ban him and not tell him why!

;-)

Also: read all his posts in a droopy dog voice. It’s much more fun.

cce1b132a3a558c2997fc3a5cc5c8472.jpg

Last edited:
If you sign up for the secret board you are allowed to start as many threads as you like. 😉

Or a fallen away Jew.

The concept of a higher power of some sort is a lot simpler when it isn't cluttered up with religion.
I resemble this remark 😂. My family heritage is Jewish- emphasis on the ish. I’m non practicing and generally non believing ( enough to qualify as atheist)

I resemble this remark 😂. My family heritage is Jewish- emphasis on the ish. I’m non practicing and generally non believing ( enough to qualify as atheist)

Most "atheists" I have met seem to be more agnostic. Hence the "generally" bit. Like, if a sign were to appear. I get it.

Most of the call-themselves "atheists" here are really "antitheists." They proselytize and judge worse than born agains.

There are lots of atheist Jews. Belief is not a big deal. You're a Jew because you do Jew things with other Jews.

Many atheists are just anti-Christian. They formulate their atheism in terms of being opposed to a very Christian understanding of religion without understanding the significant differences between Christianity and other belief systems.

Being an atheist is a beginning. Where can you find comfort, support, community and inspiration outside of religion. If you still need a great Parent who will take care of you, ask yourself why. Being an 'anti-theist' is another whole kettle of worms. If you think you have to fight the idea of a great comforting (punishing) parent who gives comfort or direction to others, ask yourself why you are in that battle. What would a 'win' mean. Meanwhile, maybe check out a mag like Spirituality and Health. There are many other paths.

Well, assuming you're not trolling...

People take Youtube way too fucking seriously. Anyone can post almost anything on there. That doesn't make it true. If I were you I wouldn't drastically shift my beliefs based on one video from a stranger, or for that matter even if they said it in-person. That said, whether you're a having a crisis of faith or an existential crisis or you've just been turned on to atheism or whatever is going on, I'd recommend three things, to be done in no particular order:
  1. Consider the possibility you're clinically depressed. You might want to seek therapy (and the first therapist you find may not be the right one, it can take a while to get the right fit) and/or medication. You might just have a neurochemical imbalance. I've been on medication for depression for a few years now and it has helped me a lot.
  2. Get more exercise and/or volunteer and/or change careers to something you really care about if possible. Basically just get out of the house more. And if you're not eating very healthily, well...start doing that. If you choose to exercise more, that will help you change your diet because it will cause your body to crave the right things. I was surprised when just a few weeks after I started going to the gym regularly that I was actually craving a salad, of all things! Not even with dressing! Wacky, I know.
  3. You might want to research religious subjects but also atheism, to compare the two. Christian apologetics vs. Richard Dawkins' writings for example, just to spitball. Websites in the .edu domain are a good place to find reliable material, though to get very deep into anything you might just have to pay for a few classes. And no, Youtube does not count as a source.

Back