If you get cheated on it is your own fault!!!

K0fcali

Virgin- born again
How many people blame the cheater and why? And how many blame the person that got cheated on? Why???

Well if you pick someone you know has cheated before, they will no doubt cheat again no matter how special you may be.
It’s always the cheaters fault by definition, they are the one cheating.
Another person can’t make a cheater cheat. A cheater is a person who can’t keep their word who can’t keep their word and no matter whatever their excuses they are responsible for their lack of integrity.

I think the cheater is responsible for their actions. Cheating is a choice. They make that choice (whatever their reason or rationalizing of it). There's no such thing as accidental cheating.

If you're in a committed monogamous relationship and you decide to step out of the relationship and cheat, it's your choice.

Consider ending the relationship and moving on and allow your partner (former partner) the chance to move on or come to some sort of agreement where ethical non-monogamy comes into play.

And yes, you can give and receive approval to have relationships outside of the bonds tacitly (by knowing about it and electing to do nothing).

*I actually edited this entry twice, to try and give a little more clarity.

Last edited:
How many people blame the cheater and why? And how many blame the person that got cheated on? Why???
It takes two to form a relationship.

Regardless of which spouse cheated, I doubt a cheater can keep up an act of being happily married for any length of time. And if they're not "happily married", then who doesn't see the signs that there's trouble ahead? And who sees the signs and ignorantly goes about their life, then screams "foul" when their spouse cheats?

In my opinion, the cheating starts when one chooses to live in ignorance, taking what they want from the marriage and expecting their spouse to remain faithful.

So, I blame "cheating" on the end of a happy marriage, and the couple just awaiting the realization and the paperwork to catch up.

It takes two to form a relationship.

Regardless of which spouse cheated, I doubt a cheater can keep up an act of being happily married for any length of time. And if they're not "happily married", then who doesn't see the signs that there's trouble ahead? And who sees the signs and ignorantly goes about their life, then screams "foul" when their spouse cheats?

In my opinion, the cheating starts when one chooses to live in ignorance, taking what they want from the marriage and expecting their spouse to remain faithful.

So, I blame "cheating" on the end of a happy marriage, and the couple just awaiting the realization and the paperwork to catch up.
Fair enough.

I think the cheater is responsible for their actions. Cheating is a choice. They make that choice (whatever their reason or rationalizing of it). There's no such thing as accidental cheating.

If you're in a committed monogamous relationship and you decide to step out of the relationship and cheat, it's your choice.

Consider ending the relationship and moving on and allow your partner (former partner) the chance to move on or come to some sort of agreement where ethical non-monogamy comes into play.

And yes, you can give and receive approval to have relationships outside of the bonds tacitly (by knowing about it and electing to do nothing).

*I actually edited this entry twice, to try and give a little more clarity.
So did I and failed miserably

Back