Hold The Phone

MzChrista

The Bitch Is Back
I come on Lit yesterday and I saw that they started this area and I thought that was great. I started posting and really digging it, and was figuring Id get my gf to sign up to post too.
Then I see a friend I aint talked to in a while so I post to her to say hi, and she say hi back, and now I come here today and THE THREAD IS LOCKED.

I cant say hello to a fucking friend on this board?

Look, you want people to post what they feel about things they got to have a good comfort level. How do they get comfortable if the moderator is going to have a rule against people posting back and forth to their friends?

Then I look in the Dedication thread and people are getting warned there about fluff. So we gonna have a mod telling us which topics are queer enough?

Hey, Etoile, let people post what the fuck they want. I dont remember no body electing you Queen Dyke.

I agree. Normal conversation flows from topic to topic. I don't know why it should be such an issue. I realize what the main concept behind this thread is, but I also think that there DOES have to have a certain comfort level before they can open up and share their issues.

*editted to add*

I'm sure not going to ask advice on how to come out to my family or how to explain homosexuality to my children from people I'm not comfortable with. Nor am I just comfortable pm'ing people out of the blue just for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
Hm, I'm all for moderating heavy flamey trolls who are overall detrimental to the comfort and saftey to the members of this forum (Since it is a moderated forum), but I'll be dissappointed with this level of moderation if it continues.

SweetCherry said:
I agree. Normal conversation flows from topic to topic. I don't know why it should be such an issue. I realize what the main concept behind this thread is, but I also think that there DOES have to have a certain comfort level before they can open up and share their issues.

Whos gonna open up when you get shut down for saying hi?

MzChrista said:
Whos gonna open up when you get shut down for saying hi?

Wow, you can be an abraisive bitch. Why have I never noticed it before? I'm diggin' it completely :D

Angel said:
Hm, I'm all for moderating heavy flamey trolls who are overall detrimental to the comfort and saftey to the members of this forum (Since it is a moderated forum), but I'll be dissappointed with this level of moderation if it continues.

Flaming is one thing. Asking a friend how they are doing is something else.

I got no use for this a place if thats how its gonna be.

I aint in fucking school here. Ill talk about what the fuck I want to talk about. If its gonna get censored, somebodys gonna be working overtime.

Angel said:
Wow, you can be an abraisive bitch. Why have I never noticed it before? I'm diggin' it completely :D

I dont like getting pissed off, but Im very good at it.

It's like so totally cool and open and free to be 'GLBT'... don't buck the mainstream. Welcome to the BSglt - that's BI, STRAIGHT, gay, lesbian, transgendered... it's okay to be gay, some of my best friends are gay, have a nice day and shaddup. :)

OK, so Im reading the threads about why this board was founded.

And one thing I keepp reading is that maybe having this board will bring more queers into Lit.

Yeah, except when they get here, they are going to get shut down if they try to make friends.

OH YEAH THAT MAKE A BIG LOAD OF SENSE

MzChrista said:
Flaming is one thing. Asking a friend how they are doing is something else.

I got no use for this a place if thats how its gonna be.

I aint in fucking school here. Ill talk about what the fuck I want to talk about. If its gonna get censored, somebodys gonna be working overtime.

That is what I told Etoile over on the GB this morning. She'll be deleting stuff right and left. Have fun if that's the way this forum will be run because, eventually, we'll run out of serious gay issues to talk about. Its natural for anybody, whether you are gay straight, bi, or purple to flirt and talk to one another. I support the idea of this forum but I think a hard line stance will drive a lot of posters back to the GB, whether they are being flamed and trolled there or not.

HEY QUEEN BEE

How come the bi fem thread aint locked up, it aint nothing but people saying hi.

i kinda thought this was going to happen.

i just etoille is being a little over anxious in her role as moderator~i'm sure things will lighten up soon.

if not i read over in the bdsm forum shes a sub.

work her over...that oughta loosen her up some.

:p

I was surprised by Etoile's warning in the Song Dedication thread as well, and I don't think locking your thread was justified.

You are correct, the bi fem thread is every bit as much fluff as was yours, and several others are as well.

I agree that for this forum to thrive, people are going to have to feel that it is a friendly, welcoming place, and that, like it or not, means a certain amount of fluff. I can't imagine that anyone wants to feel compelled to stay on topic all the time.

You are also correct that one of the justifications for the creation of this board was the hope that it would bring new posters to the board who might not feel comfortable on the GB. It strikes me as absurd that once those people do begin posting here, they might be told that they must then go to the GB if they want to chat "off topic" with the people they have come to know here.

Be all that as it may, we ought to bare in mind that Etoile is brand new at the job, and we ought to be willing to give her a chance to get her bearings as moderator. I hope that she will realize that she is mistaken in the approach she has taken so far, and will decide that the lightest possible moderation is preferable.

Methinks the new version Cymwars are going to start up very soon. This should be interesting.

I'm firmly with the Back Off Etoile! crowd. Invasive moderating is just as heinous as gay-bashing.

I'm with what you guys said... she needs to relax. BADLY. it just makes me think the forum is nothing but a cross-examination.
shame that she locked the thread, i was just going to let Christa spank me :p

MzChrista said:
I dont like getting pissed off, but Im very good at it.

There's an understatement.

(For purposes of disclosure, MzChrista is a close friend of mine.)

Some of you may remember that I served some time as a Moderator on the Lit BDSM Talk Forum.
It can be a stressful job at times. I think people ought to make their feeling known about how they feel concerning the moderation of the board, especially now, at the outset.
But I also think that everyone ought to be willing to give Etoile a chance. Obviously, the board is in revolt against the level of moderation she has established, but has she shown any indication that she is unreasonable about changing her standard, once she learns that the posters want a different approach?

Let's give her a chance.

My advice to Etoile is, let the Forum go where the Forum wants to go. You can see already, if you try to limit fluff, more fluff will be posted. If you try to prevent people from fighting, they will fight about your attempt to rein them in.

Relax. No one will die from excessive fluffiness. Protect the board from overt gay bashers, maintain the site wide rules, and let people post as they see fit.

Trust me on this, the alternative won't make anyone happy, least of all, yourself.

James Blandings said:
Some of you may remember that I served some time as a Moderator on the Lit BDSM Talk Forum.
It can be a stressful job at times. I think people ought to make their feeling known about how they feel concerning the moderation of the board, especially now, at the outset.
But I also think that everyone ought to be willing to give Etoile a chance. Obviously, the board is in revolt against the level of moderation she has established, but has she shown any indication that she is unreasonable about changing her standard, once she learns that the posters want a different approach?

Let's give her a chance.

My advice to Etoile is, let the Forum go where the Forum wants to go. You can see already, if you try to limit fluff, more fluff will be posted. If you try to prevent people from fighting, they will fight about your attempt to rein them in.

Relax. No one will die from excessive fluffiness. Protect the board from overt gay bashers, maintain the site wide rules, and let people post as they see fit.

Trust me on this, the alternative won't make anyone happy, least of all, yourself.
Wow, thank you for the advice. And you're right, it's clear what people want...I'll do my best, okay? I'm going to go unlock that thread now.

MzChrista said:
Hey, Etoile, let people post what the fuck they want. I dont remember no body electing you Queen Dyke.
There's no cause to be rude.

It's nice to see a former Moderator share what he's learned, and that Etoile is able to listen to calm, constructive advice.

I hope everyone makes note of that!

I think James Blandings is right, as has already been shown. We are a contrary lot, and the more anyone attempts to regulate us, the more strongly we will revolt.

The blurb under the Forum name says that this board is for discussions about our sexuality and life.

Friendship is part of that life, as is joking around, acting silly sometimes, bickering, quarreling and even the occasional knock down drag out fight.

Let's let this board reflect the reality of our lives in all it's aspect, the good, the bad and the fluffy.

Back