For Those Who Might Be Wondering Why We're Might Be In Ukraine

The Ukraine's go to either Poland or Germany for training. In this day and age you don't need troops in the field to oversee systems. Can you say "facetime". I'm not sure you can....
So they have to drive them back to Germany and Poland for spare parts, daily maintenance, and systems checks, right? This tells me you don't know diddley shit about tanks or combined arms movement on the ground.

The fact is they aren't using them in ways they were designed to be used.

NATO’s Real Problem is Europe, Not The U.S.​

American power is overstretched, and the future of NATO and Europe itself depends on the continent’s ability to adapt.

by Ramon Marks

ollowing the organization’s seventy-fifth anniversary, the conventional wisdom about NATO is that it is threatened by growing U.S. “isolationism.” Critics say that former President Trump could withdraw the United States from NATO if he is reelected. Controversy in Congress delayed supplying $60 billion in additional military aid to Ukraine. Trump has said that “he would encourage” the Russians “to do whatever the hell they want” to allies that fail to meet the 2 percent of GDP defense spending pledge. Some even express worry that the United States might withdraw its nuclear umbrella over Europe.

Overlooked in all this is that the attitudes of European allies about NATO and U.S. protection have always been variable. Just three years after NATO’s founding in 1949, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, and Germany entered into a separate European Defense Community Treaty. The initiative reflected the vision of Jean Monnet, who dreamed of establishing a supranational organization for European defense. The idea of an integrated European military, led by a European defense minister, died in 1954 when the French parliament refused even to consider the concept—a harbinger of Gaullism and French skepticism about surrendering any defense responsibilities to a supranational organization, whether an Atlanticist or European grouping.

Despite visions of an independent European defense alliance, NATO has been the mainstay of Western European security for over seventy-five years. Over that time, allies relied on the United States as NATO’s leader and dominant contributor. All Supreme Allied Commanders since NATO’s founding in 1949 have been American generals or admirals. The total population of NATO allies in Europe now exceeds 447 million. The European Union, composed mainly of NATO allies, constitutes the largest trading bloc in the world. The United States has remained, however, the military backbone of NATO, notwithstanding the vast European accumulation of wealth and resources since World War II.

Europe’s dependency on the American military has grown even greater since the end of the Cold War in 1989. Allies cut back their defense budgets in the years following, shifting those funds to finance social programs, the so-called “peace dividend.” Over two decades, Europe shed 35 percent of its military capabilities. Meanwhile, allies remained sanguine that the United States would continue to provide the bulk of protection for democracies in Europe, an assumption that has turned out to be accurate. At least until now, U.S. defense budgets have remained consistently higher in terms of GDP percentages than those of most European allies since the Soviet Bloc’s collapse.

More here: https://nationalinterest.org/feature/nato’s-real-problem-europe-not-us-210755

The fact is, the 447 million in Europe must take the primary responsibility for their defense from the overburdened 330 million in the United States. That burden shouldered by the United States for 75 years or so has now become financially, logistically, and technologically unrealistic and problematic.

So they have to drive them back to Germany and Poland for spare parts, daily maintenance, and systems checks, right? This tells me you don't know diddley shit about tanks or combined arms movement on the ground.
lol, you really are that stupid.
The fact is they aren't using them in ways they were designed to be used.
Innovation... gunpowder was first developed for fireworks....I'll let the Chinese and the rest of the world know they are not using gunpowder in the ways it was designed to be used.....

Ukraine Maps Show Russian Gains Amid Fears US Aid Too Late​

Story by Brendan Cole

"If Chasiv Yar falls, it will also put Ukrainian positions south of the city at risk," he said. "This is true for further Russian advances elsewhere. The delays in aid/mobilization have been costly."

Meanwhile, in analysis for Carnegie Endowment for World Peace, Eugene Rumer, director of the U.S. think tank's Russia and Eurasia program, said Ukraine "has no good options, even with the latest aid package."

"Many military analysts have already come to that conclusion privately but are unwilling to voice that sentiment," he wrote in the commentary published Thursday, adding that the U.S. deal "is almost certainly the last package of such magnitude, regardless of who gets elected as the next U.S. president."

He said that at NATO's upcoming summit in Washington, the alliance should not argue about Kyiv's path to membership but rather put in place commitments, "including more and better capabilities to defend and push back against the Russian onslaught and long-range precision strike weapons to continue and expand strikes deep inside Russia."

More here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-gains-amid-fears-us-aid-too-late/ar-AA1nLVfE

The Russian plan as reported by commanders on the ground is to take Chasiv Yar by May 9. According to a Ukrainian officer on the ground, “If the Russian occupiers manage to capture this city, they will have the opportunity to launch an offensive on Kostiantynivka, Druzhkivka, Kramatorsk and Sloviansk."

I will add these are the last cities under Ukrainian control in the Donetsk region.

The main strategy now as far as Biden is concerned is to gaslight the American people on the alleged success of the Ukraine war until the defeat that has already occurred can be blamed on the incoming (Trump) administration.

The main strategy now as far as Biden is concerned is to gaslight the American people on the alleged success of the Ukraine war until the defeat that has already occurred can be blamed on the incoming (Trump) administration.
B
D
S

THE EDGE OF COLLAPSE: Ukrainian Troops Say Russia Will Take Donbas Region by October, Complain ‘NO ONE Wants To Fight for Kiev’ – MSM Adjusts Coverage in Anticipation of Defeat (VIDEOS)​

By Paul Serran Apr. 30, 2024 9:30 am

Report by the New York Times says Russian Federation troops liberated 12 settlements in just the last week of offensive in the Donbas.

Much like Ukrainian forces are retreating and taking up new defensive lines, so does the MSM, that is abandoning some propaganda narratives and taking up others further behind in their fake triumphalism.

For instance, Swiss paper Blick (behind a paywall) brings the unvarnished opinions of frontline Ukrainian officers:

“’The Russians will capture Donbass by October, then the conflict will freeze, and we will have to negotiate with Putin’, predicts Sergei, an officer of the brigade located in Chasov Yar.”
A lot more bad news here: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/edge-collapse-ukrainian-troops-say-russia-will-take/

J
oe, Nato, and Zelensky have lost this war.

I just saw a bit where Macron is recommitting to possibly sending troops into Ukraine.

Russia is signaling their next big surge of manpower.

Is Macron really serious? Saber-rattling?

I'm pretty sure Putin is serious.

"Do your research" = "I'm too lazy to copy/paste a URL, but expect you to find the article I'm reading on a topic"

Yeah, because, you know, a Google search on the part of the curious would be too much work and a link would be wasted on the incurious knee-jerk respondent...

Of course, you already know that. Your reply method is 50-50 knee-jerk and snark in search of conflict.

Yeah, because, you know, a Google search on the part of the curious would be too much work and a link would be wasted on the incurious knee-jerk respondent...

Of course, you already know that. Your reply method is 50-50 knee-jerk and snark in search of conflict.
Of course 👍

I just saw a bit where Macron is recommitting to possibly sending troops into Ukraine.

I think at this stage if France puts troops in Ukraine they will be targeted and destroyed. People seem to forget that Russia has said they consider Nato forces based in Ukraine to be an existential threat to the survival of their state. That means any such effort will eventually generate a nuclear response. I think Macron is nuts.

I think at this stage if France puts troops in Ukraine they will be targeted and destroyed. People seem to forget that Russia has said they consider Nato forces based in Ukraine to be an existential threat to the survival of their state. That means any such effort will eventually generate a nuclear response. I think Macron is nuts.
Should NATO consider Russian forces in Ukraine an existential threat? If not, why is Russia's position acceptable while NATO should not have the same position?

Should NATO consider Russian forces in Ukraine an existential threat? If not, why is Russia's position acceptable while NATO should not have the same position?
I didn't say that Russia's position was acceptable, only that it is Russia's position and they seem to be in a position to defend it.

Old news, Macron floated this out way back in January....

Me too, he did invade Ukraine didn't he?

He's re-floating it. Do your research before you knee-jerk your reply.
Maybe rephrase your post to reflect this isn't the first time you heard of Marcon's thoughts on sending troops then. Don't attack me over your poor choice of words.

And should NATO have a similar or same position?
Yes, if they plan on engaging in a nuclear war with Russia. Recall this post:

Medvedev: Nuclear Strike on West If Russia Loses Territory​

By Brian Freeman | Sunday, 18 February 2024 05:50 PM EST

Moscow will fire nuclear weapons at Washington and other Western capitals if it is forced to give up the Ukrainian territory it has taken over, Dmitry Medvedev, a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, has warned, according to a Daily Mail report on Sunday.

"Attempts to return Russia to the borders of 1991 [when the Soviet Union collapsed] will lead to only one thing: towards a global war with Western countries using the entire strategic arsenal of our state — in Kyiv [Ukraine], Berlin, London, Washington," said Medvedev, who is deputy head of the Russian security council, which controls the war against Ukraine.

He added that the answer is "obvious" to the question if Russia will "have the courage to do this if the disappearance of a thousand-year-old country, our great Motherland, is at stake, and the sacrifices made by the people of Russia over the centuries will be in vain."

He emphasized that "the West should not think that in such a scenario the leadership of Russia will 'tremble in its hand' in pushing the nuclear button."

More here: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/medvedev-nuclear-attack-west/2024/02/18/id/1154071/

No one is trying to invade Russia, just kick Russia out of Ukraine. Putin will not engage Nukes. Quit fucking whining and posting Russian fear propaganda.

By Brian Freeman | Sunday, 18 February 2024 05:50 PM EST

Moscow will fire nuclear weapons at Washington and other Western capitals if it is forced to give up the Ukrainian territory it has taken over, Dmitry Medvedev, a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, has warned, according to a Daily Mail report on Sunday.

"Attempts to return Russia to the borders of 1991 [when the Soviet Union collapsed] will lead to only one thing: towards a global war with Western countries using the entire strategic arsenal of our state — in Kyiv [Ukraine], Berlin, London, Washington," said Medvedev, who is deputy head of the Russian security council, which controls the war against Ukraine.

He added that the answer is "obvious" to the question if Russia will "have the courage to do this if the disappearance of a thousand-year-old country, our great Motherland, is at stake, and the sacrifices made by the people of Russia over the centuries will be in vain."

He emphasized that "the West should not think that in such a scenario the leadership of Russia will 'tremble in its hand' in pushing the nuclear button."

More here: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/medvedev-nuclear-attack-west/2024/02/18/id/1154071/
Ok, so NATO shouldn't be thinking of Russia in Ukraine as an existential threat unless nuclear war is a possibilty?

Is it a possibility? It sounds like it is, which means supporting Ukraine might be considered a proactive measure.

Maybe ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

No one is trying to invade Russia, just kick Russia out of Ukraine. Putin will not engage Nukes. Quit fucking whining and posting Russian fear propaganda.
What would we do if the Russians or the Chinese moved into Mexico and supplied the Cartels with strategic weapons in order to attack the United States? All you have to do is look at our history with Mexico and Cuba. We invaded Mexico to throw out the French and went to DEFCON 2 to force the Russians out of Cuba.

What would we do if the Russians or the Chinese moved into Mexico and supplied the Cartels with strategic weapons in order to attack the United States? All you have to do is look at our history with Mexico and Cuba. We invaded Mexico to throw out the French and went to DEFCON 2 to force the Russians out of Cuba.
Speculation is fun....

Back