For the Love of Stephen King

I'm on book two right now. I didn't get much reading in the last few weeks. How did you like the first one?
First one was kind of … meh? .., I like the parts with Jake and in the town … but it just seemed a bit all over the place for me.

Book 2 was better … I’m liking book 3 so far (only 15% in)

It seems like there are a good number of fans here from posts I've seen over time...

This is a place where we can talk about all things Stephen King.

• What's your all time favorite book/short story/writing of his?
  • Do you have a favorite author collaboration that he's done?
  • What series are you working on?
  • Questions before starting one of his books/series?
  • Wanna come in and just exclaim your love and name your favs?
  • Do you have a crush on a character?
  • Do you want to fuck a character? (We've got to make it somewhat sexy, right? ....maybe not. Either way, join us!)
These are just some ideas, you don't have to answer any of these specifically. :)

I got to talking about about The Bill Hodges trilogy with someone, and the book Holly that follows. They made me aware that I need to read the trilogy first before jumping into Holly, and for that I am very grateful, and now I'm motivated to finish the series!

Come on in friends, I'll give you a balloon.
giphy.gif
The Dark Tower series is on my list of all-time favs. Recently read The Eyes of the Dragon. Also excellent! The Institute is outstanding as well, I think.

First one was kind of … meh? .., I like the parts with Jake and in the town … but it just seemed a bit all over the place for me.

Book 2 was better … I’m liking book 3 so far (only 15% in)
I felt the same way about book one. I'm hoping book two has more consistency and is a little more... exciting? Glad to hear you've liked it so far. I need to catch up!

I could NOT put that down!!

I enjoyed Fairy Tale as well… it kind of reminded me the Dark Tower series so far
Fairy Tale was awesome.

On another note - I have to admit that when I read the Mr. Mercedes trilogy and then moved on to Holly, I was disappointed. I didn't get through the book yet because there are so many covid references and I just can't read about it. I read to escape and I feel like he kept shoving covid in my face. I want to love it, I'll try again with it another time!

Fairy Tale was awesome.

On another note - I have to admit that when I read the Mr. Mercedes trilogy and then moved on to Holly, I was disappointed. I didn't get through the book yet because there are so many covid references and I just can't read about it. I read to escape and I feel like he kept shoving covid in my face. I want to love it, I'll try again with it another time!
Yeah I didn’t like that about the story either … it was a bit annoying to have to live in the “real world” inside the fantasy world.

Fairy Tale was awesome.

If you can get past the Covid stuff, the creepy storyline involving the old couple is worth it.
I do have to admit, though that Holly's charcter got a little stale for me. Loved her in the trilogy but here, some of the dots she connected seemed a little predictable and convenient to push the story along.

Where are you in Dark Tower, @crazychemgirl ? I'm still on book two. I'm really struggling to get into it and I'm unsure why.

Also, I'm watching Mr. Harrigan's Phone on Netflix right now and it's pretty good. Anyone ever watch it?
Hang in there!
This is my all time favorite series and I've read it (way too many) times. It has some dips but it immediately soars after. Promise!

Where are you in Dark Tower, @crazychemgirl ? I'm still on book two. I'm really struggling to get into it and I'm unsure why.

Also, I'm watching Mr. Harrigan's Phone on Netflix right now and it's pretty good. Anyone ever watch it?
I loved it!

I’m 67% into book 4 and it’s good… it’s funny cuz there’s like a story within a story in this one. It’s 900 pages and could easily be 2 separate books.

I have book 4.5 already downloaded … but will probably take a break before or after it.

I noticed 2 of the last books are 900 and 1000 pages 😰

I loved it!

I’m 67% into book 4 and it’s good… it’s funny cuz there’s like a story within a story in this one. It’s 900 pages and could easily be 2 separate books.

I have book 4.5 already downloaded … but will probably take a break before or after it.

I noticed 2 of the last books are 900 and 1000 pages 😰
Book 4 is my favourite 😍

I’m almost done book 4 … what a fucking roller coaster. I thought the original story would pick up but it seems maybe not? … oh man.

Back