Federal Court Rules Democrat Controlled Congress Violated Constitution

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry

Court Says Democrats Who Broke Quorum Rules Unconstitutionally Spent $1.7 Trillion​

This ruling exposes the disregard the Democrat-controlled Congress and executive branch hold for our Constitution.
MARGOT CLEVELAND
VISIT ON TWITTER@PROFMJCLEVELAND

Congress lacked the constitutionally required quorum to pass the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023, a federal court ruled Tuesday. Accordingly, the Biden administration cannot enforce the new mandates imposed on Texas by the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, which was part of the omnibus spending bill. However, Tuesday’s ruling left untouched the $1.7 trillion in appropriations, and with most of the money already spent, there is no real remedy for the Democrat-controlled Congress and White House’s blatant disregard for the Constitution.

Last month, federal Judge James Hendrix held a bench trial in State of Texas v. Dept. of Justice, a lawsuit brought by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton against the Biden administration. In that lawsuit, Paxton challenged the constitutionality of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023 based on the “quorum clause” of the U.S. Constitution, which is found in Article I and says:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.
Texas’ lawsuit argued that when the House voted on the final version of the omnibus spending bill on Dec. 23, 2022, it lacked a quorum to conduct business because only 201 of the members were physically present that day, which was less than a majority of the total number of voting House members, 435.

More here on Democrat lawlessness: https://thefederalist.com/2024/02/2...-rules-unconstitutionally-spent-1-7-trillion/

Of course, we've known for some time the Democrat Party has morphed into a criminal enterprise.

You seem a bit more butthurt today than usual, Comrade Rightguide.

I thought you'd be happy with Butt Hunter's Laptop owner testifying under oath for the hundredth time.

The saddest part is that there'll be no consequences for it.

The money that was approved to be spent cannot be so spent unless there's another vote on it.

Which will tally the same as the prior unconstitutional vote.

No need for anyone to look…
100% sure OP took offense to the spirit of the Mayorkas impeachment vote, ya know, with House Republicans attempting to take advantage of a member being hospitalized, a member having Covid, and then voting just under the wire of the NY special election replacing Santos.

The saddest part is that there'll be no consequences for it.

The money that was approved to be spent cannot be so spent unless there's another vote on it.

Which will tally the same as the prior unconstitutional vote.

Seriously nobody gives a shit about the Constitution until they have no coherent argument.

You seem a bit more butthurt today than usual, Comrade Rightguide.

I thought you'd be happy with Butt Hunter's Laptop owner testifying under oath for the hundredth time.
I am a happy patriot and never butt-hurt. That's the characterization of your job description. Joe Biden and his long list of perfidies against the United States need to be exposed. Hunter Biden was the vehicle for much of Joe's corruption and his testimony under oath will serve to expose his father and create the legal basis for the future prosecution of his crimes by the next Attorney General and a revamped DOJ after the election.

Sounds like the House should actually pass a budget.

I'm sure they're working hard on this as we speak and not working on other things. 👍

Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Roll Call 143 | Bill Number: H. R. 1065
Yea: 315
Nay: 101
Not Voting: 14

votes by party
PARTY YEAS NAYS PRESENT NOT VOTING
Democratic 216 0 0 2
Republican 99 101 0 12
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 315 101 0 14

Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Roll Call 143 | Bill Number: H. R. 1065
Yea: 315
Nay: 101
Not Voting: 14

votes by party
PARTY YEAS NAYS PRESENT NOT VOTING
Democratic 216 0 0 2
Republican 99 101 0 12
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 315 101 0 14
So, are you surprised?

I agree with Right Guide 100%. We should absolutely let the government shut down. I hear there are fires threatening a nuclear disposal site in Texas. Probably started by Soros' Jewish Space Lasers. Either way the Lone Star State should live up to its name and handle this ALONE. After all "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" are scariest words in the English language.

Back