Electric cars.

I'm supposed to get excited over 17 dollars in fuel savings!

EPA vehicle biodegradability requirements led to use of soybean-based wiring insulation.

That.

Lol. Come on, have your coffee before class.

You’re the one saying how EVs have more expensive maintenance while posting an article that says it costs $17 more over a five year period.

(Read it again slowly if you need to.)

I said that an EV can save you “way more”. Facts are that an EV can save you more than that in one charge / fill up.

A solar powered EV can cost less than $.05/mile. An ICE vehicle that gets 30mpg will cost $.10/mile at $3/gallon.

(There probably isn’t enough coffee in the world to stimulate your brain to be able to absorb this, is there?)

EPA vehicle biodegradability requirements led to use of soybean-based wiring insulation.

That.

“Led to” does not mean they were mandated to use soy. That was an economic decision.

Also, please post the actual mandated “requirement.” I haven’t been able to find it and I seriously doubt you have either.

I'm supposed to get excited over 17 dollars in fuel savings!
Boy you really are fucking stupid. EV's don't use fuel. My Hybrids get 50% more fuel economy than the equivalent ICE model. I saved the difference in price between the models in the first year of driving. My BIL has a Lightning, and he is saving about $150.00 a week on fuel bills. (That is after he deducts his increased Electricity bill).
All vehicle use soy bean insulation and wire wrap. I have first hand knowledge of dozens of vehicles where the mice or squirrels have eaten the insulation and caused faults. Oh but I don't know of any in EV's as of yet.
That? That you're a fucking idiot? Honestly I don't care what you drive, just if you drive an ICE don't bitch about your fuel costs. There are many options to lower or completely end having to buy gasoline or diesel.

Lol. Come on, have your coffee before class.

You’re the one saying how EVs have more expensive maintenance while posting an article that says it costs $17 more over a five year period.

(Read it again slowly if you need to.)

I said that an EV can save you “way more”. Facts are that an EV can save you more than that in one charge / fill up.

A solar powered EV can cost less than $.05/mile. An ICE vehicle that gets 30mpg will cost $.10/mile at $3/gallon.

(There probably isn’t enough coffee in the world to stimulate your brain to be able to absorb this, is there?)

More expensive is more expensive. By how much isn't relevant.

Or does 2 equal 1 in your world of stupidity?

2.95 Million. Which is a small percentage of the total of 158 million employed in the USA.

U.S. number of government employees1982-2022​

Published by Statista Research Department, Nov 3, 2023

In 2022, around 19.23 million people were working for state and local governments in the United States. This is much higher than the number of federal government (civilian) employees, which stood at about 2.87 million people in that year.

So, over 20 million...

2 equals the cost of gasoline for going X distance in an ICE vehicle.

1 equals the cost of solar power for going X distance in an EV.

$17 dollars / 5 years = the additional cost for maintaining an EV.

How does that math work out for you, counselor? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Add the cost of maintenance and the cost of repairs, nimrod. According to grandwizzard88's own source, the EV is less expensive by several hundred dollars.

I guess it works out that EV's are more expensive.

Or do you have some other fantasy that says differently?

The decades of winters have taken some big rusty bites out of my rusty truck. In 5 or 10 years, I might be ready to buy something newer. If I buy an EV, if they still exist then, I'll post it here with whatever message seems appropriate.

You are already out

https://www.businessinsider.com/ele...ance-car-buyers-tips-dealers-cost-2023-2?op=1

Hertz said you are full of shit. Get an enema

Another cost consideration Hertz may have with EVs is that since they pass on the cost of fuel to customers the rental company doesn’t benefit from the fuel cost savings.

In my experience, if you return a rental without refueling the rental company will impugn an expensive fuel surcharge. I wonder if they include that in the equation when they consider their profit margins.

🤔

Just throwing my 2 cents in here, I bought an electric vehicle back 2011 and I’ll never willingly buy a ICE car again. Cost of electricity, very little maintenance costs and wait costs there are match up wel with an ICE.

As for the battery the controllers they are using make sure the batteries charge correctly and don’t get over drained or over charged.

Having said that the driving experience is wonderful, smooth and quiet. Although I honestly have hit more squirrels 🥺 because they can’t hear it, but I also have to be careful with pedestrians but I’ve got a special polite horn to warn pedestrians.

All of this is all just my experience and your mileage may vary 🤪

Just throwing my 2 cents in here, I bought an electric vehicle back 2011 and I’ll never willingly buy a ICE car again. Cost of electricity, very little maintenance costs and wait costs there are match up wel with an ICE.

As for the battery the controllers they are using make sure the batteries charge correctly and don’t get over drained or over charged.

Having said that the driving experience is wonderful, smooth and quiet. Although I honestly have hit more squirrels 🥺 because they can’t hear it, but I also have to be careful with pedestrians but I’ve got a special polite horn to warn pedestrians.

All of this is all just my experience and your mileage may vary 🤪
75 mile range as opposed to a 500 mile range. Quite the variation!

I see that your milage is… lacking!

3 equals the cost of the rare earths (from China, who we are dependent upon even more than we were OPEC in the 70s) and disposal of the highly toxic byproducts of manufacturing, not to mention the batteries themselves...

Your calculus of a Chaotic System (an actual math term) Diffy-Qs too many variables to zero and thus ends up looking like the scribbles of Harold's Purple Crayon.

Because, you see, the purchaser has his/her/its purchase underwritten by the costs the rest of us have to pony up to support the EV crowd's faux sense of superiority.

There should be a super stiff tax on EV charging stations so that the owners see the true cost of their smugness.

3 equals the cost of the rare earths (from China, who we are dependent upon even more than we were OPEC in the 70s) and disposal of the highly toxic byproducts of manufacturing, not to mention the batteries themselves...

Your calculus of a Chaotic System (an actual math term) Diffy-Qs too many variables to zero and thus ends up looking like the scribbles of Harold's Purple Crayon.

Because, you see, the purchaser has his/her/its purchase underwritten by the costs the rest of us have to pony up to support the EV crowd's faux sense of superiority.

🤣 Are you pretending that the petroleum industry doesn’t receive government subsidies and benefits? Are you pretending that it hasn’t been responsible for pollution and blight on a global scale?

The battery recycling industry is still developing. There will be better tech, it’s in the works.

Lead acid batteries manufacturers in the US have long been required to recycle too. In fact, since lead is so toxic to the environment batteries were some of the earliest products to have a complete recycling industrial infrastructure.

The main challenge to recycling lithium batteries is how varied the battery designs are. If there were regulations that battery manufacturers also had to recycle their own products they would make their products easier to recycle from the get go.

I read about a Chinese factory that has equipment designed specifically to recycle one iPhone version. It can break thousands of them down into their basic materials in minutes. It’s able to do it because of the simplicity of the repetitive task. Once lithium batteries settle into some regular designs the recycling process will be automated.

Last edited:
So. Your preferred pronoun is "their?"

Thank you their!
“Their” like “his” and “hers” is a possessive pronoun. I know English can be confusing for non-native speakers, but you use possessive pronouns to indicate ownership, like “these are their keys”.

“Thank you his!” is ungrammatical.

There should be a super stiff tax on EV charging stations so that the owners see the true cost of their smugness.

Are you clueless about how much the petroleum industry is subsidized? Yes you are! What a feckless cuck! 🤣

Tax payers are subsidizing one of the most profitable sectors of the economy.

https://www.budget.senate.gov/chairman/newsroom/press/sen-whitehouse-on-fossil-fuel-subsidies-we-are-subsidizing-the-danger-#:~:text=It's not just the US,to the fossil fuel industry.

It's not just the US: according to the International Energy Agency, fossil fuel handouts hit a global high of $1 trillion in 2022 – the same year Big Oil pulled in a record $4 trillion of income. In the United States, by some estimates taxpayers pay about $20 billion dollars every year to the fossil fuel industry.

https://www.imf.org/en/Blogs/Articles/2023/08/24/fossil-fuel-subsidies-surged-to-record-7-trillion

Fossil-fuel subsidies surged to a record $7 trillion last year as governments supported consumers and businesses during the global spike in energy prices caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the economic recovery from the pandemic.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketinte...il-fuel-subsidies-face-uphill-battle-75649055

In 2021, American taxpayers supported the US fossil fuel industry to the tune of at least $9.5 billion, according to the Fossil Fuel Subsidy Tracker, a platform monitoring such trends.

Last edited:
Back