Do you supersize your thunder thighs at the drive up?

BlackWolf65 said:
I ain't *touching* that comment...

Hehehehe.......you've been here way to long...lmao..... :cool: I have my Granny's Fried Chicken Cast Iron Skillet.....at least 50 years old and nothing cooks food better... :)

starrynightin64 said:
I ask & he just laughs...
GypsyByrd and I want to import him down here but so far it doesn't look good

Must be that charge account at Ace Hardware for chain that keeps me away...... ;) :p

koalabear said:
Hehehehe.......you've been here way to long...lmao..... :cool: I have my Granny's Fried Chicken Cast Iron Skillet.....at least 50 years old and nothing cooks food better... :)
I believe it - cast iron is just awesome...

starrynightin64 said:
I ask & he just laughs...
GypsyByrd and I want to import him down here but so far it doesn't look good
Well... What have you offered that would make it worth the trip for him??? :p

koalabear said:
Did you read the Teflon links on PG1?......best reason for using cast iron....lol :cool:
No, I didn't, but I DESPISE Teflon. If you don't know how to take care of cast iron, then you can spend a bit of money, and get some good, heavy, anodized aluminum cookware - if you cook right, it's every bit as good as a non-stick surface as far as clean up goes, and it cooks WAY better than Teflon...

Okay... Back to the Grill again... :D

Asian Marinated Grilled Pork Roast

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 - 6 lb. Bone-in pork roast
* 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
* 2 Tbsp. Frozen concentrated orange juice
* 2 Tbsp. Honey
* 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
* 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
* 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
* 1 Tbsp. Fresh ginger
* 1 Tbsp. Chinese five spice blend
* 1 Tsp. Asian chili paste

METHOD:

Bone out the roast, reserve and freeze the back ribs for another time. Mix all other ingredients in a shallow baking dish. Score the meat, then add to the pan, and spoon to coat all surfaces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. Place on a medium hot grill, cook to about 155-160 degrees. (Yes, get a meat thermometer - it's a wonderful tool!!) Let rest ten minutes before carving and serving.

BlackWolf65 said:
No, I didn't, but I DESPISE Teflon. If you don't know how to take care of cast iron, then you can spend a bit of money, and get some good, heavy, anodized aluminum cookware - if you cook right, it's every bit as good as a non-stick surface as far as clean up goes, and it cooks WAY better than Teflon...

Good ole fashion lard is best to cure cast iron.....and never wash it.if anything burns or sticks in it....use a paint scraper to get it off before it cools.... ;)

I *should* have posted this when I posted the cilantro salmon recipe - they go together REALLY well...

Tomato, Basil & Crouton Salad

INGREDIENTS:

* 3 Cups Italian croutons (Recipe Below)
* 3 lbs. Italian plum tomatoes, cut into small wedges
* 1 LARGE bunch fresh basil
* Balsamic vinaigrette Dressing (Recipe Below)
* 1/2 lb. Ungrated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 lb. Ungrated Romano cheese

METHOD:

Place the tomato wedges in a large salad bowl. Remove stems from the basil, roll the leaves tightly and cut into julienne strips, add to tomatoes. Add croutons, then add the dressing, toss and serve immediately with small wedges of Parmesan and Romano on the side.
-----------------------
Italian Croutons

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 Loaf fresh Italian bread
* 1/2 Tsp. Dried basil leaves
* 1/4 Tsp. Dried oregano leaves
* 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 Tbsp. Grated Romano Cheese

METHOD:

Quater the loaf of bread lengthwise, then cut into one inch slices. Spread evenly on a large cookie sheet, and place in a warm (225 degree) oven. Bake until golden brown and very crusty to the touch, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven, and in a large bowl, immediately toss with basil, oregano, and cheeses. Cool completely. Use 3 cups for the salad, and reserve the rest to serve with scrambled eggs the following morning.
-----------------------
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 c. olive oil
* 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
* 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD:

Whisk together vinegar, garlic and grated cheese. Gradually add the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited:
Back