Depression. Anxiety. Panic Attacks. etc

"Avoidant personality disorder: a pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy and extreme sensitivity to criticism. A person with avoidant personality disorder may be unwilling to get involved with people unless he/she is certain of being liked, be preoccupied with being criticized or rejected, or may view himself/herself as being inferior or socially inept."

Oof. This hits home.

Congrats on making it through your first year as a nurse! That's a huge accomplishment, especially with all the added stressors. Remember, it's okay to have those flare-ups and lean on others for support. Talking it out really does wonders.

It's so frustrating when people brush off mental health issues with simplistic advice like "just get over it." If only it were that easy, right? But hey, educating others about it is a step in the right direction. And yeah, being a "highly" functioning depressed/anxious person can be a real balancing act. I'm also in the healthcare field, and navigating my own mental health while caring for others can be a journey. And I want to mention the AA meetings and shared this link nationalrehabhotline.org. It's so important to have resources for those who need them.

Nothing is working for my depression. I did some Ketamine therapy with and without a therapist. I had about 20 sessions with a therapist. Took meds with little benefit and some side effects that were undesirable. Might try a new therapist. Might fly to a state that has magic mushroom therapy.

Nothing is working for my depression. I did some Ketamine therapy with and without a therapist. I had about 20 sessions with a therapist. Took meds with little benefit and some side effects that were undesirable. Might try a new therapist. Might fly to a state that has magic mushroom therapy.
Or check out that new form of electro-shock therapy. Some people who were unresponsive to other treatments found that it made a huge difference.

The point is to keep trying and don't give up. As long as there are options, there is cause for hope.

Back