bill clinton for senate

Malachi said:
Has that ever happened before? Presidents seem to retire from elected politics.

It used to in the past. Not so much in the modern age when most Presidents are ultra wealthy and don't need to do anything when their time in Washington is finished.

I think so... John Qunicy Adams I think...

A President went on to the Supreme Court also. I forget who though.

Spence99 said:
It used to in the past. Not so much in the modern age when most Presidents are ultra wealthy and don't need to do anything when their time in Washington is finished.
Bill Clinton for senate!

sweet soft kiss said:
I think so... John Qunicy Adams I think...

I have a weird habit of going to Wikipedia and reading about the Presidents. A few did go on to serve in other branches of the government after serving as President.

Clinton would be a logical choice for some sort of continued government service seeing as he's not an overly weathly man. But I'm sure he makes far more coin on the lecture circuit.

sweet soft kiss said:

*nods* William Taft. ;) The 27th President.

Malachi said:
Has that ever happened before? Presidents seem to retire from elected politics.

I believe it occurred with both John Quincy Adams and Andrew Johnson.

after the piss poor job he did as pres for 8 years?? Only the North East would give him a seat.

OK, a hypothetical for you Constitution experts. If Bill went to the Senate, became speaker and the Prez and VP died, could he become President?

ETA: If I remember the wording right, it says no-one can be "elected" to the office more than twice.

SeanH said:
OK, a hypothetical for you Constitution experts. If Bill went to the Senate, became speaker and the Prez and VP died, could he become President?

ETA: If I remember the wording right, it says no-one can be "elected" to the office more than twice.

The line of succession is VP, Speaker of the House, and then Pres. Pro Tempore of the Senate.

If Bill Clinton went to the Senate and managed to get elected Pres. Pro Tempore within the Senate there is no Consitutional barrier to him being 3rd in the line of succession. The President, VP and Speaker of the House would all have to die in very short order however.

Last edited:
The possibility exists that Bill could be appointed to fill Hill's seat, but it is dependent on her being elected president.
This is also fairly possible.

SeanH said:

He also can't be VP. I don't know about Speaker of the House and Pres. Pro Tempore.

I'd vote for him.

He would love it; he would be obviously the most popular Senator there is. He's even lived in NY a few years now so he would be a good replacement for Hillary. And NYers love the Clintons.

ma_guy said:
The line of succession is VP, Speaker of the House, and then Pres. Pro Tempore of the Senate.

If Bill Clinton went to the Senate and managed to get elected Pres. Pro Tempore within the Senate there is no Consitutional barrier to him being 3rd in the line of succession. The President, VP and Speaker of the House would all have to die in very short order however.

That is correct as far as I can remember.

ma_guy said:

How long do you think it would take?

VermilionSkye said:
Piss poor, hmm? Really?

yeah he got a blow job worst President Ever.

worst-ever.jpg

Back