Biden Climate Mandate Shot Down In Federal Court

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry

Court strikes down Biden rule requiring states and cities to set climate targets for transportation​

Rachel Frazin
Thu, 28 March 2024 at 3:01 pm

Judge James Hendrix, a former President Trump appointee, agreed with the Republican-led states that sued over the rule that the Biden administration did not have the authority to require them to set the targets.

Hendrix argued that the administration was not authorized under law to include environmental benchmarks in states’ assessment of highway “performance.”

He wrote that the law referring to the “performance of the Interstate/National Highway Systems” refers to “the infrastructure’s effectiveness in facilitating travel, commerce, and national defense—not environmental outputs of vehicles using the systems.”

The rule, from the Federal Highway Administration, required state and local transit authorities to set targets for decreasing planet-warming emissions and report on its progress. It also set up a national framework for measuring and reporting transportation-related emissions.

More here: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/court-strikes-down-biden-rule-220109030.html

AOC will be taking the day off with cramping butthurt.

BSG will no doubt be sad to know the President cannot arbitrarily declare a city to be dense and walkable either. Your brain however is dense and walkable as my footprints are all over it.
B
D
S

BSG will no doubt be sad to know the President cannot arbitrarily declare a city to be dense and walkable either. Your brain however is dense and walkable as my footprints are all over it.
I’m glad we don’t live in a dictatorship where the President would have such power. However, President Biden has done an excellent job acting within the scope of his powers to improve rail travel in the United States.

MAGATs, "We demand the right to destroy the world!"

MAGAT Judge, "Quite right too."

MAGATs, "AOC is butt-hurt over that, we win!"

Back