Biden admin tightens gun show loophole

butters

High on a Hill
more precise language in the ATF's parameters means fewer can sell guns without background checks on purchasers

Prior to the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, those "engaged in the business" of firearms dealer were required to register to become a federally licensed firearm dealer, according to the language previously used. The definition that ATF is implementing on Thursday is more specific to better regulate the market in accordance with the new federal law, according to the White House.

The rule now explicitly lists the types of commercial activities that indicate whether a person should become a federally licensed dealer and thus be required to run a background check; prevents people from evading the licensing and background check requirements by claiming that they are just selling a few guns, according to the White House; and prevents people from falsely claiming that guns are part of a personal collection and exempt a seller from running a background check on a buyer.

By being more specific and precise in the definition, Administration officials on a call with reporters said it would require more people to register for a federal selling license and run a background check on the person they are selling to.

It will also close the gun show loophole and it closes the fire sale loophole as well by clarifying how firearms dealers who go out of business or lose their license must go about liquidating their inventory,” Garland told reporters. “Under this regulation, it will not matter if guns are sold on the internet, at a gun show or in a brick and mortar store, if you sell guns [you] must conduct background checks.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/b...1&cvid=223b0278acad4b4dae08bb609dc46550&ei=16

Last edited:
. . . according to the White House . . . .

It's so much rhetoric. It doesn't seem to change shit, not based on my experience at guns shows I've attended. I'll stand by my experience long before some MSM claims of victories. There is no "gun show loophole" and hasn't been.

It's so much rhetoric. It doesn't seem to change shit, not based on my experience at guns shows I've attended. I'll stand by my experience long before some MSM claims of victories. There is no "gun show loophole" and hasn't been.
Aren't gun shows the only way you can acquire firearms? You obviously couldn't pass a background investigation...

can 'states rights' refuse to comply over this at all or do ATF regs override any of that shit?

After the bullshit Texas was allowed to pull with the border and immigration???

Magic 8-Ball says: It’s very likely some states may try to claim states rights.

🤬

Calling it the gun show loophole is propagandist horse shit. Businesses at gun shows need to have an FFL and do back ground checks just like they are in their gun shops. Private citizens selling firearms do not need an FFL whether at a gun show or anywhere else. That is the truth.

Calling it the gun show loophole is propagandist horse shit. Businesses at gun shows need to have an FFL and do back ground checks just like they are in their gun shops. Private citizens selling firearms do not need an FFL whether at a gun show or anywhere else. That is the truth.
The loophole isn't about businesses, dip shit. It's private sellers who aren't businesses who buy and sell guns. Maybe check out Malinowski for more info. They don't require background checks.

https://www.ualrpublicradio.org/loc...house-searched-over-alleged-illegal-gun-sales

After the bullshit Texas was allowed to pull with the border and immigration???

Magic 8-Ball says: It’s very likely some states may try to claim states rights.

🤬
iSuzvL7.png

Not even worth trying to correct them or spend the time explaining. When this does jack-shit to violent crime statistics they'll claim some b.s. reason it didn't work and take aim at the next thoughtless factor they have on thier list. It's the assault weapons ban logic, again...and again.

Defy, Resist, Aid, Smuggle!

Hopefully, the coming Chevron decision will put an end to Joe Biden's unconstitutional regulation of firearms and American gun rights.

Not even worth trying to correct them or spend the time explaining. When this does jack-shit to violent crime statistics they'll claim some b.s. reason it didn't work and take aim at the next thoughtless factor they have on thier list. It's the assault weapons ban logic, again...and again.

The pro school massacre contingent chimes in with the ammosexual opinion.

They'd shit if they knew their was a Facebook Marketplace "loophole" page awhile back before the Zuckerbergs took it down. I got 3 great rifles on that page which I have to this day.

And very single firearm I ever bought at a show was Brady'ed. The private sellers ran their stuff through a dealer's books for purposed of being there. There was/is no loophole. There are whingers and liars, however.

They'd shit if they knew their was a Facebook Marketplace "loophole" page awhile back before the Zuckerbergs took it down. I got 3 great rifles on that page which I have to this day.

And very single firearm I ever bought at a show was Brady'ed. The private sellers ran their stuff through a dealer's books for purposed of being there. There was/is no loophole. There are whingers and liars, however.
Whatever allows them to blame to implement and not the person weilding it.

I’ve been hearing screaming about this “gun show loophole” for years. If this makes the gun grabbers feel safer it’s all good with me. Glad we can put the gun control debate to rest now. 😀

I’ve been hearing screaming about this “gun show loophole” for years. If this makes the gun grabbers feel safer it’s all good with me. Glad we can put the gun control debate to rest now. 😀
I've never understood why they think this is a major win. Hell, person-to-person sale is the actual game here. Slip the imaginary gunshow loophole "fix" through, and that gives these dumbasses a toehold towards a registry and other insidious threats to freedom.

I've never understood why they think this is a major win. Hell, person-to-person sale is the actual game here. Slip the imaginary gunshow loophole "fix" through, and that gives these dumbasses a toehold towards a registry and other insidious threats to freedom.
It’s a huge blow to 2A. This action, combined with the bump stock ban pretty much destroys our right to own firearms. Basically a bullet to the head of 2A and two to the torso. They won, we lost. I’m melting mine down now before the cops come and arrest me for possession.

It’s a huge blow to 2A. This action, combined with the bump stock ban pretty much destroys our right to own firearms. Basically a bullet to the head of 2A and two to the torso. They won, we lost. I’m melting mine down now before the cops come and arrest me for possession.
Good point. "OH, no! You got us! Guess I'll take all of mine for that last boating excursion before seeking out a buyback center that will get rid of these filthy killing machines." Pffft.

Yupper, I can feel their warm fuzziness from here....."we stuck it to pro gun, pro American clan👍👍" .....that and we averted 49 mass murderers.... mhahahaaa................. fuck me to tears 🙄🙄...

Back