Pulp Friction

Problem Child

titleless
Joined
Feb 21, 2001
Posts
27,935
It was a misty night in L.A. Unusually cool for September. It had been a little over nine months since the Japs bombed Pearl, and the streets were pretty quiet for a Friday night. But it was 1:30 A.M., and most of the boys were off fighting the war.

The 1932 Chevrolet coupe rolled up to the curb outside Dilly’s bar and the lights went out. A tall lean figure got out of the car and strode toward the saloon doors. He pushed the doors open, and walked through, swaggering a little. A few of the regulars looked up, and then went back to what they were doing.

He was a cool drink of water, a head higher than most, with that squinty-eyed look that a fella gets when he’s just bitten into a leftover tuna sandwich he shoulda thrown out two weeks ago. He wore a grey fedora, pulled low over his eyes, and a grey double-breasted suit that seemed a bit worse for wear.

“Whiskey, neat,” the stranger said.

The barkeep eyed the stranger. “Sure thing fella.”

The stranger sipped his whiskey and stared straight ahead. He seemed tired, and serious. Serious like nobody’s business.

“You from around her, Bub? I don’t recall seeing you before, ” asked the barkeep.

“Oh, I’m from around Mister…all around.” said the stranger, in a quiet voice.

The barkeep pondered that for a second. “My name’s Dillinger, but they call me Dilly, or Dillybar,” he leaned closer to Rick and said in a lower voice, “They call me monstercock too, but that’s between me, you, and a few certain ladies, hehehe,” said Dilly, expecting at least a smile out of his customer.

“DeVille’s the name…Rick DeVille,” said the stranger in a low monotone.

Glad to meet ya, DeVille,” said the barkeep. He extended his hand, but Rick sat pat. It was his way. Never make friends…they’ll only turn on you in the end, was his personal motto.

“What’s your game, Deville?”

Rick looked up over his whiskey in the smoky dim neon haze, “Come again?”

“Your game. Your bag. Your racket. Your deal man, what do you do? Cop, lawyer, accountant? What?”

Rick set his glass down and rubbed his bloodshot eyes. Too many late nights and shady two-bit characters had given him that look…the look that told people he had seen too many late nights and hung around too many shady characters.. “Private Dick. P.I. Gumshoe. Jack of all trades, master of none. I find people…people that don’t wanna be found.

Dilly eyed the stranger and slowly wiped a whiskey glass with a dirty towel. “Who ya tryin’ to find tonight, pal?”

“A dame. A broad. A hot little number with a set of gams that can wrap around a man and make him forget his mother’s name, with a set of headlights that would make Henry Ford jealous. A kisser that can stop a clock, and I mean in a good way, buster. A rear end that that’s aces and eights. Eyes you could drown in. Hair like silk, black as…

“Okay…I get the picture Bub. She’s a piece, right?”

“Yeah…a piece,” Rick replied. “A piece of heaven, with a heart full a sin.”

Rick pulled something from his wrinkled jacket and pushed it across the bar toward Dilly. “That’s her…ever seen her in here?”

Dilly held the photo under the dim light by the register and studied it.

“I think…yeah, I think so…but she was blonde last time I seen her in here…about a month ago. She comes in every so often. Hot little number. I don’t know her name though. Rita, or…Lucy…something like that.”

Rick took the photo back and tucked it into his jacket. “Ruby. Ruby Fruit, if you can believe that. She’s a high class call girl from Reno…one of the best, or so they say. Chrome off a trailer hitch kind of talent. Golf ball through a garden hose. They say she killed a guy once. Got him so excited, his ticker just gave out…but that’s just a rumor.”

“Why are you looking for her?” asked Dillinger.

“Her old man…her rich old man hired me. Seems she put a dent in his bank account, and split town. He didn’t even know she was turning tricks…I let him in on that little gem. Now he wants his cash back, all fifty grand, along with his sweet little wife. Gonna try and make her see the error of her ways I suppose.”

Dilly poured another shot of Jack and Rick downed it. “I'm staying at the Continental, downtown. Lemme know if you see her in here, willya?”

"Sure thing, Dick Tracy," said Dilly, with a sly grin.

"Thanks."

Rick tossed a buck on the bar, adjusted his fedora, and strode out into the night.
 
Last edited:
Nessus said:


I would not sit there, cherie:) you may be hit by a flying bullet, yes?:)

*decides to sit at Nessus' feet instead*
i like her stories better anyway
:D
 
I just woke up...

I much prefer this world to the one at the top of this board when I left.

I eagerly await the telling of this tale, or is it tail?
 
See, now when I read the title, I thought that PC was having sexual intercourse with peaches and bananas again. His fruit fetish is astounding. No pun intended. ;)
 
Excellent! A new PC serial!

I hope yayati has a part - maybe as a mentally retarded mutant gangster?
 
PC should be the featured author of the Next Literotica book. ;)
 
PC

you have been watching TNT entirely too much. ;-)

Great story - do we get more?
 
When I stepped out of the shadows on the corner of Lit and Erotica I was momentarily blinded by a headlight before seeing the flashing green and red neon sign that proclaimed Dilly’s Bar. As I got closer I could tell it wasn’t meant to flash, the sporadic hum and smell of lingering ozone told me it was due to a bad electrical connection. I struck a match and fired up a smoke as I mumbled to myself. “What’s a guy to expect on this side of town?”

As I started to reach for the door It hit me, hit me like a foul ball at Yankee stadium. This dump didn’t look like the sort of joint she would hang out at. And somewhere in the back of my mind I knew the 32 coupe with the bald tires and one headlight that just pulled away from the curb. Something just didn’t feel right, but it was kind of cool out and my throat was dry so I checked my piece and undid the snap just in case I needed some quick backup.

As I swung the door open and stepped inside the smell hit me. The smell of a tuna fish sandwich gone bad, a tuna sandwich that spent a few days lost under a couch cushion. The place was kinda raw, not much atmosphere but still better inside than out. Either way I had already decided I wasn’t going to lose anything there if I could help it.

As I moved toward the bar I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was information behind some of those suspicious eyes that were watching me. Looking at me like they had seen me before.

The barkeep gave me a look and asked. “hey mack, you have a brother?”

I tipped my hat and reached for a fresh smoke. “why you asking keep?”

I was nobodies fool.......the tuna fish.....the brother question, I knew it was DeVille. I took another drag on my Lucky Strike before asking the keep what his name was.

Just then a thirsty patron called him Dilly. I asked “This your joint Bub?” He was quick to tell me “names Dillinger”. It rang a bell with me... but why I didn’t know... Suddenly it dawned on me! Dilly.... Dillybar.... Monstercock. I thought he had been taken out by Elliot Ness in the windy city.

I asked Dilly about the lady in red. His eyes rolled back in his head as he sputtered. “That Betraying little BITCH was in bed with Ness.”

I grabbed him by the lapel of his cheap vest and pulled him halfway across the bar. “ Are we both talking about Ruby Fruit” I asked... He gave me a confused look. and as he calmed down I tossed him a crisp new bill for a cup of joe.

“ How about a shady cat by the name of DeVille?”... I could tell Dilly knew the name.”

“Yeah I might know him, so who are you anyway?” he said.

“Mike Hammer” I answered as I tossed another Washington across the cracked veneer bar top... It’s amazing what a couple bucks will get you these days.

“ So what do you know about him?”..... “drinks his whisky neat” Dilly answered.

“ Don’t play games with me! So what was he after?”

“He had a photo of the Ruby Fruit dame, wanted know if I had seen her.”

”Yeah so what did you tell him?”

“ Not as much as he told me, the guy was a jerk, wouldn’t even shake my hand” Dilly said.

After Dilly told me what he knew and what a hot little number Ruby was, it was clear why Deville was here and that he needed to be stopped. He had been a top of the line dick in his day, but his day had come and gone. His game was money now not justice, and Ruby’s old man had plenty of it.

I took a quick look around dilly’s little dive and decided none of the other customers were sober enough to help the cause. So I stubbed out my Lucky, thanked Dilly and asked if he could call me a cab.

I needed some sleep, but I knew I couldn’t get it now. That sultry little number with the heart fulla sin needed my help. The cab pulled up to the curb. “Continental, downtown and quick” I told the cabby.
 
Last edited:
PULP (pulp) n. 1. A soft, moist, shapeless
mass or matter.

Yeah, not bad but still waiting for the next instalments and the disjointed time line.

Are you playing the boxer with the father complex or the John Travolta role with the weight problem? Who’s playing the French chick with the little stomach? Ruby, of course, plays Ruby but I’m interested who plays Marsellus Wallace’s wife.

This has the makings of a monster movie produced by Laurel, directed by Cath and starring a cast of meaningless cyber people? Quentin is gonna be pissed but it has promise.

It was his way. Never make friends…they’ll only turn on you in the end, was his personal motto.

You been talking to my friends?
 
Dixon Carter Lee said:
But more importantly, I'm Batman.

Fess up Dixon, you're really Harvey Keitel.


Hey Rick, there's another avatar idea. Harvey is tough, yet not afraid to show the world his cock. That's so you.
 
I only just now read this... hadn't realized I had a role in such a prestigious feature...

Had me rolling on the floor laughing... great job...

If you added some sex you could even submit it to Lit... of course they're might actually be TOO much story line for it to get many reads... *lol*

Can't wait to see what happens next...
 
Perhaps I can suggest a cover, perhaps?;)

:( I have made a tiny little mistake:) this is for lesbian pulp fiction:)
pcov.gif
 
Problem Child -- Great story. Do we get to find out if Rick gets his hands on Rubyfruit?

or Dillinger. Somebody needs to get some hands on somebody pronto. ;)
 
I, for one, am eagerly awaiting chapter two.

A girl needs to know who fucks her, rescues her or interfers in the above activities.
 
Back
Top