The Heretic's picks

What I want for my desktop is something I had under CTWM in X-windows 15 years ago. You could have some number of virtual desktops and then choose on which of the virtual desktops the windows would appear: one, some, all.

I still have multiple virtual desktops on my Linux boxes, but I don't know if any of the current window managers allow for just some of the desktops.
 
The Heretic said:
Hey, cool, Windows 95 on a mac!

overthebow said:
What I want for my desktop is something I had under CTWM in X-windows 15 years ago. You could have some number of virtual desktops and then choose on which of the virtual desktops the windows would appear: one, some, all.

I still have multiple virtual desktops on my Linux boxes, but I don't know if any of the current window managers allow for just some of the desktops.
Now, I wish M$ was smart enough to integrate virtual desktops. There's probably free programs that do the same thing.
 
The right coast vs. the left coast and single men vs. single women, hmmm...

singles_2.jpg


http://creativeclass.typepad.com/thecreativityexchange/2007/04/the_singles_map.html
 
Wise words:

Well you see, Norm, it's like this; a herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and the weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
 
plasticman33 said:
That's interesting, most of the single women are east of the Mississippi and the men are in Texas and the west coast, wonder why that is?
quantity does not equal quality.
 
Back
Top