Abortion

DreamKeeper

Virgin
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Posts
16
Facts and personal experiences only please.
If you want anAbortion Moral Debate - go here
If you are looking for support, or want to talk more indepth about personal experiences - go here. Emotional Support, before and after.
I understand, and we all know that this topic is controversial.
Flaming will not be tolerated to any degree.
PM me if you have something to day but do not feel comfortable admitting it here.

I promise (I know that doesn't mean much here on Lit), but for what it is worth -- I promise to not share the infornmation with anyone, anytime, anywhere -- no matter if they are a Litizen or not.
And I ask that anyone who posts or pms others concerning this thread - makes the same promise.


I'd like to keep this a safe space.
I hope this works ...


I noticed this topic was not covered much in The Blank Manual... I talked to BlueSugar and she agreed that for now I should post as an alt to protect myself... you can all feel free to do the same.
 
Last edited:
so... with that being said... I guess... I'll start.



I've been reading about medical abortion, 'the pill method', not to be confused with the Plan B pill or a surgical abortion.
All of the readings mention pain and being given pain medication to help control the cramping pain.

1. I know everyone is different, but has anyone (or someone you know) had a medical abortion? If so, could you rate your (their) physical pain from 1 - 10? Is the pain akin to a miscarriage and the amounts of pain occuring at different times during each trimester?
Other side effects that would affect (vomiting, excessive tiredness...) a person's regularly scheduled day because they occur for a few days?

This is relatively new to me since the surgical method has been around for so so long, I know many women who have opted for that method... so it is easier for me to understand the physical pain to go along with the procedure.




2. Has anyone here gotten pregnant again in the month or two following an abortion (or natural miscarriage)?

I know it is possible, but I was wondering what the probability of it actually happening is. I've been reading the facts, I'm looking for personal accounts.



3. If you've (or someone you know) had two or more abortions (D&C method mainly) the facts say it is increasingly difficult to conceive again later in life. But they don't mention the earlier methods. I understand the reasons behind this.

If you (or someone you know) two or more, in the various methods earlier in life; how has it affected your ability to get pregnant later in life? Answer even if you have only had one.
Success stories welcome, not just difficulties.






If you need any help with terminology, fact checking, or an update of practices and statistics use a resource such as this one: WebMd: Abortion. Please do not mouth off, assume or "I heard..."
 
I essentially had a "Medical abortion" last spring. This was a pregnancy conceived on the cycle directly after a natural miscarriage. I was 9 weeks into gestation and this pregnancy was also found not to be viable; but my body was not expelling it on its own. (Thats basically the overview). Anyways I had just had a D & C for other reasons and really didn't want to do it again. So it was suggested that i try misoprostol. I thought it sounded ok so i choose this method.

The Doc i had was a complete moron .. but i didn't know this at the time. She gave me one Mifeprex in the office .. (which later i found out was not necessary due to my pregnancy not being .. for lack of a better word "alive") and sent me home with 4 misoprostol to take in 48 hours.

I went home and took the 4 misoprostol as directed. In about 2 hours the cramping and bleeding started. Not bad for the first 6 hours along the lines of what i was told to expect. The pain meds i was given were keeping up nicely. I fell asleep for about an hour and a half and when i woke up i knew there was a problem. I was home alone (which they dont recommend) and my boyfriend .. who was in another state at the time called me. I couldn't follow a conversation and was disoriented. I got up to go to the bathroom and kept passing out. When i finally got to the bathroom i again fainted on the floor and when i woke up there was blood EVERYWHERE. Im talking horror movie stuff here. I got to the phone and called someone to come take me to the er. I still kept fainting and could not track a conversation. I would rate the cramping pain at about a 6 after the pain meds (but i have an extremely high tolerance for pain).

I ended up admitted and got 3 units of blood and enough IV fluids to drown a small horse. My hospital stay was short .. about 3 days. It took me at least 3 months to build my blood back to a level where i felt ok and didnt get faint under normal activity.

On my first try last fall i conceived again easily but lost the pregnancy to a complete miscarriage at 12 weeks. My Doc does not believe the two are related. We are waiting a year or two to try again.

I should mention that i have children from a prior relationship and i had no trouble conceiving or carrying them.
 
Well I did have an apartment of my own but I kept running short on the bills so I had to move in with Mother. I might have been able to make ends meet but strippers and prostitutes won't take foodstamps for payment.
 
I was ok with this thread until there were rules and links.

I suggest SMF or PHBB if you want your own forum.
 
I have had a friend fall pregnant in the following month after a medical abortion, she had a condom break and she took the morning after pill. It didn't work, so she had to have a surgical abortion. This happened about 6 years ago.

She has recently just given birth to a healthy girl, she had no trouble conceiving - they talked about it in the December and she was pregnant in the January. I guess it depends on the person.
 
paganangel said:
the one who told me flaming wouldn't be tolerated.

That was the part that caught my eye as well.

If you create a thread in the GB, then you can damn well expect flaming and you either tolerate it, fight it off, put everyone on ignore, or go away.
 
RawHumor said:
That was the part that caught my eye as well.

If you create a thread in the GB, then you can damn well expect flaming and you either tolerate it, fight it off, put everyone on ignore, or go away.
The lack of response would indicate that has been done, wouldnt it? :D
 
DreamKeeper said:
Facts and personal experiences only please.
If you want anAbortion Moral Debate - go here
If you are looking for support, or want to talk more indepth about personal experiences - go here. Emotional Support, before and after.
I understand, and we all know that this topic is controversial.
Flaming will not be tolerated to any degree.
PM me if you have something to day but do not feel comfortable admitting it here.

I promise (I know that doesn't mean much here on Lit), but for what it is worth -- I promise to not share the infornmation with anyone, anytime, anywhere -- no matter if they are a Litizen or not.
And I ask that anyone who posts or pms others concerning this thread - makes the same promise.


I'd like to keep this a safe space.
I hope this works ...


I noticed this topic was not covered much in The Blank Manual... I talked to BlueSugar and she agreed that for now I should post as an alt to protect myself... you can all feel free to do the same.

My dad wanted me aborted, now he's dead and I'm alive. :nana:

If this doesn't meet your criteria, you can go to HELL .
 
RawHumor said:
That was the part that caught my eye as well.

If you create a thread in the GB, then you can damn well expect flaming and you either tolerate it, fight it off, put everyone on ignore, or go away.


the thread was moved from the HT to the GB - I "knew better" then to put this topic here origionally. No offense, but you need to have a thick skin to hang here. Pack of wolves and other beasties is how the GB should be defined. Fun loving group - but, one MUST need to know how to take it - as well as give it... and I don't mean in that "pitcher/catcher" way.
 
The abortion debate will rage until doomsday, because it involves two mutually exclusive, irreconcilable viewpoints. One cannot placate one without goring the ox of the other.
 
Back
Top