Supporting Red...

RedHairedandFriendly

Too much red on Red?
Is it conceited to start your own support thread? I don’t think so. I am starting this one because I think I’ll need it. On October 24th of this year, I’m undergoing Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. I have pre test and a pre op class on the 9th and 10th.

This isn’t a decision that I just woke up to one day and decided on. I spent over 5 years researching it and even now as the day closes in on me, I’m still learning things. I am ready though. I know it won’t be easy, but I know for me to live to see my kids marry and have kids, I am going to have to do something drastic.

I’ve done the diets, the working out, the structured programs since I was 18. I’m now 33 and a mother of three and my life is slowly coming to an end every day I maintain this weight I have placed on my heart.

There are so many things I want to experience, but where I am at now, it isn’t going to happen. This isn’t for vanity reasons. . . I want to walk up hills and take trails with the kids on vacation. I want to sit in a seat at the doctor’s office and not feel worried that this will be the first time I get stuck. I want to walk around and not feel the shooting pain in my back or the ache in my knees. I don’t want to worry that I embarrass my children. I don't want to gasp for breath any more unless its because I orgasmed. . .;) I don't want to fear that when my pulse races faster than normal, I'm not going to have a heartattack. . .I just want to live longer.

I know there is a woman inside me begging to be let loose and my health is in jeopardy, so this woman may never escape if I don't step away from the plate. I’m realistic. My troubles will not float away as the pounds drop. . . I know this. I know I’ll still suffer from the need to keep everyone happy and to make everything okay, but now. . . I have something to help me when I feel this way. . .my friends here at Lit. So this is why I have started my own support thread.

Ask me any question you want, but one. . .How much I weigh. . . LOL... I don’t even know that and don’t want to!!! I won’t even guess, though they'll tell me on the 9th. . .DAMN!!! Grrrrr.

I will tell you this. . .

My surgeon told me. . .for every 100 pounds a person is overweight you lose 20 years of your life. . .folks. . . I want my years back! :D

If you've had this surgery and want to share your story or offer advice, please do so! I am not alone in this journey. :kiss:

You know I have you in my prayers love. I have never been through it myself, but I am always moving anyway. I just want you happy with whatever you decide love. :kiss:

Azuldrgon said:
You know I have you in my prayers love. I have never been through it myself, but I am always moving anyway. I just want you happy with whatever you decide love. :kiss:

:kiss: Thanks Azul. . .I have moved and moved and moved and then stopped, then started again. I wish I could say it was simply moving that would help, but it isn't just that anymore, it is beyond that. It is a hardship to move now, a physical pain. I do it though. I hiked all over the Upper Pennisula of Michigan for vacation. . .God I hurt so much, but I did it. I look forward to taking those trails again, this time my goal being the end of the trail, not the next bench where I can rest. :eek: :kiss:

:rose: :kiss: I know that you will come out with flying colors and in a few months feel better about life, and enjoying time with your family more heavenly than ever.

I would say all my prayers go out to you and your family in regards that you pull thorough. I know you will pull thorough and there is no reason to worry.

Red, you have alot of support here to come thorough and many hopes and happiness to your family..We love you, and will see you when you return :kiss:

Hey Red...........hope all is well. You know we are here for you and support you in all that you do. Wishing the best in your decisions and may they bring you a lifetime of happiness!

Cheers,

Thick

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. My mother had it done about 20 or so years with a considerable amount of weight loss.

MMS :rose:

VampireD said:
:rose: :kiss: I know that you will come out with flying colors and in a few months feel better about life, and enjoying time with your family more heavenly than ever.

I would say all my prayers go out to you and your family in regards that you pull thorough. I know you will pull thorough and there is no reason to worry.

Red, you have alot of support here to come thorough and many hopes and happiness to your family..We love you, and will see you when you return :kiss:

I soooooooo want that, more than anything. I want to enjoy doing all the things I did when I was the mom I was when I started having babies. This isn't going to be an easy thread for me, but I'd be fooling myself if I thought I could do this alone.

My family is supporting me, but you folks know I am a stay at home mom and my spouse works 12 hour swing shifts leaving me alone a lot and during those times my support is going to be from my friends here and my treadmill! :D :kiss:

Good Luck to you...anything you need, an ear or shoulder...anything...it's yours. :rose:

mymastersslut said:
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. My mother had it done about 20 or so years with a considerable amount of weight loss.

MMS :rose:

Thanks MMS. :kiss: I appreciate that very much.

thickNshaved said:
Hey Red...........hope all is well. You know we are here for you and support you in all that you do. Wishing the best in your decisions and may they bring you a lifetime of happiness!

Cheers,

Thick

:kiss: I want the lifetime. :) I can make the happiness if I get the lifetime. :D Thank you very much. :kiss:

All the best wishes from me honey, we will all be here to give you the support as any of us can :kiss:

charmed1 said:
Good Luck to you...anything you need, an ear or shoulder...anything...it's yours. :rose:

:kiss: I will probably use it throughout this journey.

My biggest fear isn't for me, but for the what ifs and how they will effect family and friends. . .I have to keep telling myself. . .I am healthy for my size, only my blood pressure is an issue and I take medications for that.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
:kiss: I will probably use it throughout this journey.

My biggest fear isn't for me, but for the what ifs and how they will effect family and friends. . .I have to keep telling myself. . .I am healthy for my size, only my blood pressure is an issue and I take medications for that.

Think positive thoughts and keep your chin up. I know it can be hard at times but you've got to do it. It'll get you through this and we'll all be here to help. :rose:

charmed1 said:
Think positive thoughts and keep your chin up. I know it can be hard at times but you've got to do it. It'll get you through this and we'll all be here to help. :rose:

Yeppers. . . I have good days with nothing but excitement that this is finally happening and then I have days of fear where all the scary things come into play. :rose: :kiss: Thanks. :)

Red my dear friend good luck with your surgery you are in my thoughts and prayers and if you need a shoulder to lean on i'm always here for ya

redbaron05 said:
Red my dear friend good luck with your surgery you are in my thoughts and prayers and if you need a shoulder to lean on i'm always here for ya
Thank you Baron. :kiss: I appreciate that very much. I plan on using my friends to the fullest of their abilities when I need them. I can't do this alone, I know this. :rose:

Yeppers. . . I have good days with nothing but excitement that this is finally happening and then I have days of fear where all the scary things come into play. :rose: :kiss: Thanks. :)
Just try to focus on the good stuff kid ;) a positive mind will see you through this, we'll all be routing for you here :kiss:

my support is going to be from my friends here and my treadmill! :D :kiss:

Red, as a new friend and someone you gave advice to, I want you to know that I'll be here for you. I know I speak for everyone when I say we wish you luck. :rose: :heart: :rose:

Advice: I had a cousin who had the procedure, and he lost weight, but it came off too slowly for him. He stayed depressed, bemoaned the pain he'd endured, and became very bitter at those around him. I think you're much more 'grounded' than he was, and from what I've seen you have a good attitude and a lot of knowledge on the subject, so you'll be well armed for the days ahead. Just be patient!

I know I'm skinny, Red, and you may think I don't have to care, but...............whenever you need, if you need, my ear and my shoulder will always here for you. We girls gotta stick together!!! :nana:

Some day, maybe we'll 'party' together!! Look out, world!!

:rose: Blue

Blue_shoes1980 said:
Red, as a new friend and someone you gave advice to, I want you to know that I'll be here for you. I know I speak for everyone when I say we wish you luck. :rose: :heart: :rose:

Advice: I had a cousin who had the procedure, and he lost weight, but it came off too slowly for him. He stayed depressed, bemoaned the pain he'd endured, and became very bitter at those around him. I think you're much more 'grounded' than he was, and from what I've seen you have a good attitude and a lot of knowledge on the subject, so you'll be well armed for the days ahead. Just be patient!

I know I'm skinny, Red, and you may think I don't have to care, but...............whenever you need, if you need, my ear and my shoulder will always here for you. We girls gotta stick together!!! :nana:

Some day, maybe we'll 'party' together!! Look out, world!!

:rose: Blue

Skinny people have problems too. :kiss: I never think poorly of a person because of their size. . .who am I to do that. :kiss:

I want slow, because slow means less loose skin and that means less chance of me going back for nip, tuck and realignment. ;) . . .and $$$$$ is something I'd have to dish out because cosmetic fixes for extra skin isn't covered in Insurance.

I'll party with ya. ;)

Red, my dear sexy, troublemaking friend..i will be sending you all my prayers and good thoughts :kiss: You have many friends here at lit and some of the relationships that you have cultivated surpass into a realm that is non describable..there are no words :kiss: :heart:
Feel safe my friend and know that i will support you in any way that i am able to.
love
joey :kiss:

joeys-game said:
Red, my dear sexy, troublemaking friend..i will be sending you all my prayers and good thoughts :kiss: You have many friends here at lit and some of the relationships that you have cultivated surpass into a realm that is non describable..there are no words :kiss: :heart:
Feel safe my friend and know that i will support you in any way that i am able to.
love
joey :kiss:

:kiss:

Thank you Joey. :kiss: I know you will and yeah, I believe some of these friendships I have on Lit are more real then some of the ones I had/have in real life. I would trade them for only one thing. . .to have all of them in the real world with me so when they need a hug and I need a hug, I can feel them against me and not just their spirits. :kiss::rose:

10696_BoyPrayingDog_Pg18_WEB.jpg

Back