The Official (Most likely) 2024 Literotica April Fool's Day Contest Support Thread!!!

🤐 I meant it as a joke about a failed time travel (temporal shifts), i.e. the apparent later deadline in the UK (even later for points west until the IDL) and using a VPN to appear to be posting from the UK, which would totally fail! The discussion almost makes me think of when British towns had local time and when the railways came some clocks had two minute hands, local and London.
If you are struggling to meet the deadline, you probably should have planned better, and that is from a non-Amateur Crastinator.😉 (I'm fully qualified having sent in my application at the last possible minute and my CPD folder will be ready when it is requested - honest). 😜
Final word (or not) on this: If the deadline was midnight for timezone -12, then nobody could think that they have any extra hours as it would be the next day no matter where you lived. But, as I said, it was supposed to be a joke on using a VPN to go to an earlier timezone thinking that would give you more time, which it wouldn't! 😉

Congrats to the winners! There were a lot of great stories so this was well deserved.

Ok, a sweep just knocked out 11 votes out of 65 for my entry. Still doesn't put it anywhere near contention, but feel better about 4.39.
Just looked at mine and since this morning (8 hours ago) I have 'lost' ten votes (325>315) and gained another 0.04. So with such a large vote count I don't expect (didn't expect) the sweep would have shifted things much [statistical intertia]. (NB, my earlier comment about modelling in my speadsheet: I forgot that after it got over 120, I just went to keeping a record so there could have been 1's and 2's without me being aware. Doing some arithmetic it seem the averge of the swept votes was about 1.3) YMMV

Both of mine got bumped a LOT but they were hammered down pretty bad

so congratulations to our winners

* 2024 April Fools Contest Winners *

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):

My Freaky Senior Prom
by somethingfar

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
Full Circle
by ThatNewGuy

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Who is the Real Luke Davis?
by Not2Pervy
WOW, I don't want to blow my own trumpet (toot toot toot) but I am shocked that I got so close with a rushed story! Literally within 0.01 of Third Place. I am flabbergasted - my flabber has never been so ghasted! However, for all I know, there were five other people between me and Not2Pervy.

Congrats to all who participated! There were so many great stories this year.

Gunfight at the JD Corral by @UpperNorthLeft is a tech-savvy mystery about combine harvesters that had me laughing throughout. Atalanta vs. Love by @Jackie.Hikaru has a hilarious opening conversation between Apollo and a mother bear that is worth five stars all by itself. All the World's a Stage by @Eisenloewe takes a funny premise (a nerdy male MC who is oblivious to his friend's advances) and cranks it up to 11. And @TheRedChamber made me smile just with the title of his story Chocolate and the Charlie Factory.

I could go on and on. It was fun just being part of an event with so many talented writers.

I came 23rd with a story about custard. :LOL:

I feel like a winner right now. Top half result, I am very happy with that. First story published here, first story contest I have taken part in.

Well done to the winners and everyone who took part. Great job, there’s some cracking stories in there throughout. :)

Both of mine got bumped a LOT but they were hammered down pretty bad
If the sweep is over, it didn't have much effect on my ratings. All those 3s that got dropped systematically on my stories were apparently someone's legitimate opinion.

They appear to be in score order, top to bottom, on the main April Fools day page where all the stories are listed.
Not on mine. "My Freaky Senior Prom" won and it's halfway down the list. I think the list gets randomly scattered so no one could say they were treated unfairly by being at the bottom of the list. But I could be wrong.

Not on mine. "My Freaky Senior Prom" won and it's halfway down the list. I think the list gets randomly scattered so no one could say they were treated unfairly by being at the bottom of the list. But I could be wrong.
Ah - in which case, I’m happy to have come wherever I ended up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ah - in which case, I’m happy to have come wherever I ended up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
IIRC, someone compiled a list for 'Valentines Day 2024' using that tag, but of course, ratings can shift at any time and I noticed Not2Pervy added a couple of 0.01 points post winning. But an offical league table might be nice?

I think it's impossible to catch the exact ratings list at the moment that the site takes to snapshot of a "finals" list. Another ten minutes and a new vote will change that.

I think it's impossible to catch the exact ratings list at the moment that the site takes to snapshot of a "finals" list. Another ten minutes and a new vote will change that.
But as a newbie adrift in the choppy seas of the best of Literotica, I think I'll sit down and figure it out just to see how I fared against the big dogs. Not exactly a mixed metaphor, but close enough! If anyone does that listing before me, please feel free to share it!!

But as a newbie adrift in the choppy seas of the best of Literotica, I think I'll sit down and figure it out just to see how I fared against the big dogs. Not exactly a mixed metaphor, but close enough! If anyone does that listing before me, please feel free to share it!!
I'll start you off: my story is rated 4.6.

congratulations to the winners... i can never get my act together to enter a competition, so even entering deserves a round of applause.

I started to tally the rating for the entries and then realized I didn't want to. In real life, I do creative-type stuff and I firmly believe that any creative endeavor is not a contest. And, yes, I fully understand the hypocrisy that I have now entered every single contest and challenge that has happened since I joined Literotica. But thinking about it, I don't want to see where I ended up on the list. I'll never have a 4.87 rated story, but I believe that I still have something unique to offer as does every single other person. I'm unique just like everyone else. I hope that you all had as much fun writing your entry as I had writing my entry. And it's a great way to expand your readership and virtually meet some new people. I'll put my tiny soapbox away now.

Back